American Solar Direct was named one of the five top residential PV installers to watch in 2013 by Green Tech Media! We are rapidly expanding and we seek professional sales people who would like to grow with us!
As a Solar Consultant, your primary role is to present our solar program to customers in an honest and compelling manner. You will meet with potential customers in their homes to explain the benefits of choosing clean, affordable solar power for their electricity needs. You will consult with them to determine their power needs, and to custom fit a solar power solution that is right for their home and family. You will introduce them to our leading solar power program, including affordable financing, professional installation and a full 20- year guarantee, making choosing solar cost effective and easy.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Pre-qualify potential customers for the solar lease program and schedule in-home consultations
- Conduct an average of 1-3 solar presentations each day
- Meet or exceed sales goals
- Submit accurate and complete paperwork in a timely fashion
- Conduct follow up calls to make sure all leads are pursued in an efficient manner
- Interact with various departments to ensure the customer has a positive experience with ASD
- Keep in close contact with your customers throughout the ‘going solar’ process to ensure a consistent and positive experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/experience/qualifications:
- An entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a strong work ethic and a desire to exceed expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid time management and organization skills
- Professional appearance and excellent customer service skills
- Strong rapport building and presentation skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years of sales experience (in-home or solar is a plus)
- Track record of sales success
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of programs and the ability to learn new software programs with ease
- A valid driver’s license, clear DMV record and car insurance
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
What we offer:
- A competitive performance plan inclusive of unlimited commissions and generous bonuses
- Coaching, mentoring and in-field support
- A supportive team environment
- Paid training
- Travel reimbursement and cell phone stipend
- A career path for advancement for top performers
This is an in-home sales position so local travel is required. Candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends.
If you are ready to start your career in the growing solar industry, submit your resume for consideration.