American Specialty Health Employee Reviews

Great environment and people. Lots of incentives and perks if you are a full time employee
CREDENTIALS EXAMINER II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2017
One of the best companies I have worked. The people here including management are very friendly and helpful. Training is very good and in depth. There a lot of perks and incentives once you become a full time employee from a staffing agency.
Pros
Work at your own pace, but still have monthly goals. No micro managing from my experience
Cons
Pay rate too low for job responsibility, starting off as a temp can be frustrating if you are looking for job security
Worked for a complimentary health company
Sr. Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2016
Very busy with credentialing, coordinating meetings, taking minutes for the meetings, sending result and educational letters, customer service to the internal employees and external providers, making sure all work was done to meet the datelines, trained and backed up my co-workers at all times, we had staff meetings and training which sometimes go a little hard to complete everything that same day, being a people person I alway's got alone with alot of the empolyees there and I enjoyed being a part of special events for the company
Pros
Enjoyed having our breakfast, sometimes lunches once every two week and be able to get to really know our co-workers
Cons
was able to take breaks when necessary
Ok
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2017
This is an ok place to work. They have a nice facility in San Diego, Texas , and Carmel,IN. I think the Texas human resource department is racist. I also think the CEO cares more about his pocket then making sure the employees who work for him can also support their family with competitive salaries.
American Specialty Health
FITNESS SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CADecember 6, 2016
Loved the atmosphere
I enjoyed my team of people and the job i did.
I loved helping others
weekends off
company parties
Pros
weekends off
Cons
customers are not always friendly
Alright Stepping Stone if you are Desperate for a Job
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 21, 2016
If you are desperate for a job, you can probably get one here. Don't expect high pay and do expect to be micromanaged. I witnessed favoritism in most departments across the board. Promotions are not consistently given based on merit.

HR is a total joke and is inconsistent and ineffective. If you want to be treated like a child, take an issue to HR. You will walk out feeling worse than before. Some management is ok, but real issues aren't dealt with properly. Code of Conduct is a joke and you can point out where it is not being followed, but it doesn't matter.
Pros
Many good people work there.
Cons
Low pay, poor management, horrible HR department, inconsistent in their following of policies.
Continue with your dreams
Clinical Customer Care (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisFebruary 22, 2017
Continue with your dreams, do not stop at a temp services. Its only a stepping step. And make sure you look out for you because the company will not..
enjoyable work environment, lack of variability in work
Health Coach I (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 9, 2016
Very enjoyable office environment. Friendly staff. Excellent entry-level position but lacks opportunity for advancement. Little variability in position and daily tasks. Great experience in developing communication and customer service skills.
Pros
Enjoyable office environment
Cons
Low pay
Can get promoted fast but get stuck in position, low pay, high turn around
Quality Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 10, 2016
Can get promoted fast but get stuck in position, low pay, high turn around
CSA I and II's take calls all day, QR's take calls and review CSA I and II's calls and have meetings with the agents
co-workers are great, only department heads are a bit detached
hardest part of job is angry callers
enjoyable part is coworkers
Fun place
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 27, 2016
This place provided great training and fun environment to work in. They have a shift bid quarterly and hours range from 5am - 8pm. depending on how well you do your job, you get a choice to pick hours BUT your on a list. you have to work hard to be first to pick shift. I have kids and can not be flexible. i also commute so to have to commute and pick up kids from daycare is very hard because the shifts are not always going to be early shift.
Pros
fun environment, great training
Cons
shift
decent place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2016
Culture is great and there are great people. Communication between departments could be improved. They encourage managers to hire integrity and character, yet a lot of the new executives lack both characteristics. Compensation is very low. They are becoming very corporate, and there are so many layers to sift through to get anything done.
Pros
health benefits, employee events, days off
Cons
poor communication between departments
Great Place to Work
Front End Admin Support (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2016
I enjoyed working at ASH and am sorry to be leaving to move back to Chicago.

The atmosphere was wonderful and laid back. Great hours and wonderful management.
Great Benes and environment
CSA I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2016
I enjoy working here. This is a good starter job for students or people who are trying to get their foot in the door in health care. training is awesome
Pros
Benefits, incentives, detailed training
Cons
pay
the clients were always nice
Data Entry Examiner I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 30, 2016
the company as a whole is kind of shady. They literally have no requirements for the future employees. i don't know but maybe its a cover up for something.
Reliable
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJuly 20, 2016
This company is a reliable job and great for a first time job straight out of school. There is room for advancement if you desire to stay.
Low pay; poor management
Claims Examiner I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 1, 2016
The pay for the area is very low. While I enjoy my job and what I do the compensation for my responsibilities is not equal. Management is also lacking the skills they need to effectively manage. The wrong people have been promoted to these positions. They cause unnecessary drama and pit people against each other.
Pros
More holidays than anywhere I've worked
Cons
Pay, Management
Okay place to work for if you are an introvert
Senior Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2016
I worked as a Sr Recon Specialist. The work that I did was with Health Ins Companies and their TPA's. Once you learned how everything worked and their stance on getting things covered and completed it was an okay company to work for as long as you didn't want to have to talk to your coworkers. they are very against you talking to your coworkers about anything. From asking a quick question about how to do something or asking how their weekend was. As long as you want to come in do your work and collect a paycheck you are fine.
Pros
Good but expensive benefits
Cons
no talking to coworkers and don't think outside the box
Empowers Good Health to Everyone
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 3, 2016
Company needs to be more thorough when hiring people.
Needs to be more consistent with rules/policy
Some departments offer flexibility with hours
Pros
Gives 11 days off of company holiday
Outstanding Company
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 10, 2016
American Specialty Health helped develop my skills to be an exceptional employee and has helped my career over the years.
Productive workplace
Healthcare Agent (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 24, 2016
Great job for recent college graduate! I learned a lot about co existing with co workers and made lifelong references. Great experience.
You'll work with really nice people
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2016
Employer was a great stepping stone. Opportunities are offered to move within other departments to help one grow. It helped me realize what i was passionate about in corp. work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Specialty Health. Our community is ready to answer.

American Specialty Health Reviews by Location