American Specialty Health Employee Reviews

wonderful lace to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 20, 2017
wonderful company l but hard to get into as a direct hire. the people who have been hired on from temp agencies never leave and the holidays with them are breath taking
Pros
everything about this company is wonderful wouldn't know where to begin explaining
Cons
1/2 hour lunches
Nice place to work
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 26, 2017
Nice place to work, with weekends off. You will be taking inbound calls and answering questions about member fitness benefits if you are in the fitness department.
Pros
Free Coffee and tea
Working at ASH
Health Coach II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 20, 2017
Typical hours-flexible
learned culture of the company
good workplace culture
commute is bad-bad area for traffic
good people, fun days
room for growth
Very regulated
Customer Service Fitness (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 4, 2017
I have never worked at a call center before and have now found out that all your phone calls and how long you take with each call are timed and scrutinized.

Training is not very good and help after training is complete is sporatic.

I don't believe the customers are getting the help and time they deserve since the phone calls are timed. If call goes beyond allotted time it affects your performance rating.
A remarkable place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 3, 2017
ASH is a great company to work for. Though it is stressful, the company does have many stress relieving activities to do during work hours. The company is very loving and like a big family.
Pros
Cafeteria, Fitness Center, Stress relieving room, healthcare, resturant
Cons
breaks, fixed schedule, no room for error
Verifications Completed via phone
Customer Service / Patient Benefit Verification (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 29, 2017
• Answer calls, Data Entry, Inbound calls, Outbound calls patient to verify benefits, Eligibility by Plan, Disclaimers, Patients, Verifying Benefits.
Strict on attendance
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 27, 2017
This job is great as long as you do not miss too many days. They have a high turn over rate because they are BIG on attendance. Great work scenery and you can reduce you medicalninsurance payment by exercising.
Pros
They pay well
Cons
Short breaks
No career growth
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISANT (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2017
The company itself is fine but there is no room for advancement. No connections to other departments. Pay is horrible and it seems as upper management does not care.
Decent Place To Work
Clinical Services Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2017
Overall a good place to work. Good benefits package. There is a probation period of 90 days before benefits begin. Employees do have most holidays off.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Start pay is a little low
Great place to work for. Great people
Clinical Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 18, 2017
The work life and social life at ASH is a great one to have. The Directors take care of their staff and everyone is taken accountable for good and bad actions. Management is comfortable and always there when you need help with something. I enjoyed myself at ASH and gave me the necessary experience to move further in my career.
Pros
Great management, flexible on PTO, Great Staff
Cons
Tends to get overwhelming, a lot of calls, sometimes not enough staff.
Front End Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 15, 2017
Learned how to use several programs
Work at your own pace
Have a deadline at the end of each month
Friendly work environment
Work as a team is important in the company
produtive place
Senior Insurance Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXAugust 10, 2017
excellent workplace to work, love the management there and the experience taken. Had great benefits and a workout program, however, looking for growth and opportunity
Pros
gym benefits
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 7, 2017
I worked in a call center taking questions from medical offices with questions about a members benefits for chiropractic, acupuncture and physical therapy benefits.
No room for advancement
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXAugust 4, 2017
Traning was sporadic at best.

Salary does not keep up with the industry standards.

Micro-managed

Do no have an original thought, or voice an opinion. It will be held against you.

Come in, do your job, don't speak, go home.
Pros
lot of holidays off
Cons
read the review
Good company just doesn't pay well.
Eligibility Research Rep II (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXAugust 3, 2017
My job consist of verifying that members have benefits for services. I do this my making phone calls and checking websites. I like what I do it's just that the company doesn't pay well compared to others for doing the same job. Management doesn't seem to understand how time consuming making phone calls can be, so for this reason there is a large turnover.
Pros
close to home
Cons
low pay
I have the greatest co-workers. The work life balance is something this company has allowed me to master while honing my overall skills as a leader.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2017
I currently oversee a team that handles escalated issues from our biggest client. I've learned a lot in regard to the business and client relationships. The company has a very health conscious culture with a gym on site and rewards for reaching specific step goals. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with, specifically my peers and my employees.
Pros
Free lunch once a month, great employees, discounts on health benefits and gym memberships
Cons
Not many opportunities to move up within the department
I was a temp
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2017
I loved loved loved working for them, and would have stayed if the pay was better. We had plenty of natural light, various fitness clubs to participate in during lunch times, healthy snacks, a nap room and relaxation room on each floor, and a really fun group of people to work with. The work was pretty easy and stress free.
Cons
Had to pay for parking
DONT believe the lies!!!
Eligibility Researcher Representative I (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 25, 2017
HR, Supervisors, Co-Workers, pay, all of it are lies, manipulation, followed by a extremely high turn around. I would never ever work here again as long as they have the management they have there now.
Pros
all holidays off
Cons
everything else
Tell you one thing to get you to work there (wage) then it never happens
Clinical customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2017
I was very excited to get hired to work for this company, I was told about training to get to another level in the company and a pay increase. however once I did the training and got the new title the pay stayed the same and an excuse is all I received.
Benefits
Great Place to Work
Project Manager, Clinical Quality Management (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2017
From the several years I worked with the organization I never had a dull moment. It was full of benefits and challenges which inspired me to do even more for the organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Specialty Health. Our community is ready to answer.