American Staffing Employee Reviews

Such an amazing company
Colletions (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 31, 2016
I work an assignment with them doing collections for a auto finance company. They company they sent me to was amazing and so is American Staffing Corp. They really do try to set you to succeed.
Pros
Training, pay, benefits
Cons
None that I can think of.
Productive environment that changed from day to day
Assembly (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 28, 2016
This job was awesome! I got to know new people from different cultures. The managers and co-workers were informative and kind. I learned how to use forklift here. The hardest part of this job was getting comfortable with people then getting placed in another environment with people i did not know. the best part of this job was the freedom and meeting new people.
Pros
lunch truck, freedom once job was completed
Cons
constant movement until break time
hire and respond to potential employee in timley manner
Dock Loader, Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Burbank, IL 60459March 16, 2016
they provide good work to places you can travel to within the city which is great. the management team stay in close contact about work and pay and the important things you should know about the companies they send you to for work.
Pros
the pay is okay
Cons
the work is not steady.
good and friendly place to work
Light Industrial Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2016
This is a good temp company to work for they will keep you working and if the assignment ends they stay in touch with you. I like working for them when there is work
Pros
good work envirominent
Cons
short breaks
Great bunch of people to work with and for
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fruitland, IDDecember 31, 2015
Various construction sites.
Enjoyable part of the job various tasks day to day.
Hardest part not knowing where you would be from day to day.
Good workplace
Temp. worker (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MONovember 12, 2015
Good paying jobs, try to send you somewhere that you can get hired on permanently and will check on you to see how the job is going and do you like it.
Rebecca is not a good account manager.
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 11, 2015
I need something new and better. Everything is unorganized. Hours are not steady. The job placement is all over the place and a waste of time.
General Laborer
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2015
My daily routine is begins with waiting for a phone call. Next, this company ask if I can work somewhere and start within the next hour or so. Most of the time I except the work opportunity, despite what my current situation may be. I'm used to this type of work because I've done it in the past. There are no real advancement opportunities, they ask you to work at moments notice, but it's a paycheck. I would like a full-time opportunity that can lean into a long-term career. I like working for the weekly paycheck and overtime hours but I would love to obtain a strong based job opportunity.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Advancement, benefits
Okay
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 13, 2015
Long hours and average pay. You work 12 hours shifts/ 4 days a week. You stand in a warehouse for those long 12 hours under steady air conditioning; being that it is a produce plant.
extremely poor in every way
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDAugust 21, 2015
Signed up and they put me in a job the next day. The job wasn't anything close to what I wanted or needed but I told them I would do it because they needed someone asap. I also told them I would go but just till they found someone else to fill that spot. After a week of not hearing back I called them...no response, I called again after 2 weeks...they said they were looking. Finally after being there almost 10 wks and no phone call, I quit the job I was at. I called before I even pulled out of the parking lot and there was nobody to take my call. It has been 4 days and still no return phone call. I would never go thru them again or refer them to anyone, They have no business ethic what so ever, unless extremely poor works for them. Go thru anyone one else. I;m sure most have the skill to use a phone....they sure don't.
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Everything, to many to list
Packer
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2015
I enjoyed working in the factory. I don't mind the overtime and I don't have a problem standing for long periods of time. I just wanted a permanent position.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Location
Cons
Temporary Position
temporary to permanent job, a decent place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 15, 2015
a typical day at work was to come in, clock in, go to my line, to do front suspension module, job was to repair defective parts if possible or tag with a rejection and replace the module. co- workers were great, we had to work closely together to get the job done.
benefits
Cons
mandatory overtime
Taught elasticity and patience in the work place.
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 7, 2015
The position encompassed various different individuals with multifaceted disabling conditions and concerns. I learned the value of tolerance and patience in often escalated situations.
Why I'm leaving
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOJune 10, 2015
Its a temp Agency and not an actual job.
I never know if i'm working or not. the first place they sent me to i was there for a week and a half then they let the temps go because they didn't need the help and the following week i was sent to a 1 day job and then the week after i was sent to a 3 day job but was sent home with the other temps because their wasn't enough work. since then i have been working at the first place they sent me to off and on. more off then on because we get the work done to fast so i will work say monday and tuesday but be off wed-fri. thats only 16hr of work a week if im lucky. and American staffing doesnt let me know before hand if they need me to work somewhere. This is a problem because since i am in school sometimes i stay up late to finish homework not expecting to be working the next day then they call me at 7:30 or 8 am asking if i want the job and if so i have to get their as soon as possible.

they also do not do direct deposit. it would be ok if it was the same location i was working at but i have to waste time and gas driving to pick it up.
Pros
its still some income
Cons
where to begin. Not I.T. related in any way, unreliable hr's, no direct deposit, among others
productive workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  MOJune 10, 2015
Wasn't much fun, it was just warehouse work but the crew members i worked with made it interesting. it was really dusty and hot i must say but that's all warehouses.
Great Company to work for.
assembler (Former Employee) –  6301 S Mingo RdJune 3, 2015
I know if need another job. All I have to do is call and I know by that next week I will have one. They are friendly and willing to help you.
Pros
quick on getting jobs
Cons
does not matter how long you have been employed with will get you a job.
TR Toppes
Production Worker - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 29, 2015
it was a good job for the time I stayed there. to bad that they didn't hire me on as a full time employee. and I enjoyed learning how the production of crushed candy an cookies was done.
Pros
that they picked me to come back everyday to work it was only a temporary job
Cons
that never got hired on
New experience in a field I have not worked in prior
Fish breeding assistant (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDApril 25, 2015
I enjoy my coworkers, my responsibilities, and it is nice to have such a relaxed atmosphere where I can work at my pace. I am learning how to care for and feed African Cichlids.
Pros
free muffins
Cons
short breaks
nice place to work good enviorment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 7, 2015
part time position and i'm in need of finding a full time job that would allow me room to grow and increase my pay with benefits like 401k and medical insurance
Fast temp to hire work
Mechanical Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2015
Work hard or you will be sent home. If your not warehouse ready don't apply. Fast paced and very high turnover ratio. If you apply please be ready to work hard and fast
Pros
Easy to be hired
Cons
temp-seasonal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8