American Standard Employee Reviews

The place had lots of room for improvement, could have been better
Caster/production (Former Employee) –  Nevada, MOJuly 7, 2015
I loved working in casting in this company, the plant was formerly Crane/Plumbing, then was acquired in a corporate acquisition. I had just been congratulated on a job well done and the posting of the best month in our history, when we get a notice the company is closing the doors permanently and shipping our jobs to Mexico.
Pros
good people to work with, decent supervisors and I could work as fast as I desired without my work suffering.
Cons
Many changes were made that were not beneficial to our company or to its employees.
It is a good place to work but needs to offer more individual growth.
Legal Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJ HeadquartersSeptember 17, 2012
Working in HQ proviudes an overall view of the company from top to bottom. Everyday, I arrive early, look at my boss' calendar; print out emails for review/meetings. Check messages; review attendance log; begin the day.
Co-workers are genial and hard working. The hardest part of this and any job is anticipating the boss'needs. The most enjoyable part of the job is being a part of a team and working towards a common goal, success.
Pros
being the legal executive assistant.
Cons
being the legal executive assistant who knows everything.
Big name with too many layers
Sales Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJFebruary 8, 2013
Always a challenge to satisfy customers request and needs in the hardware channel. Process to get paperwork approved usually aggravated the customer as it would take too long.
Hard working group of employees that worked long hours collectively to get the job done.

Conference call happy, every conference call lead to another conference call. Never seemed like much would get accomplished.

Loved working for my immediate manager and V.P.
Pros
larege company with great benefits
Cons
constantly changing staff
Productive but not enough workers to do the jobs
Utility laborer (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHSeptember 23, 2015
It was easy going weights was the toughest part of the job, had good moral workers on 1st shift, managers were easy going, I learned a great deal about how to be a good worker.
Pros
Free lunches on holidays, and gift cards were handed out to employees.
Cons
10 minute breaks with a 4 minute walk to get to smoking area, Union baserd company, healthcare 401k etc.
I enjoyed the work but no opportunity for advancement.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHFebruary 16, 2015
This position was a newly formed position in American Standard which had just bought out Crane Plumbing. It was on salary freeze indefinitely and there was no way to advance as our managers were previous engineers so there was no room for plain customer service managers. I really liked the work and all the people I worked for and with but I couldn't stay stagnant forever.
Great place to work and learn things you nrver knew
Pack line (Current Employee) –  Hutchins, TXApril 9, 2013
the most enjoyable part of the job is I work from 5am to 130pm which leaves me time for a part time job somewhere. the management is great very helpful quick at getting things you need to you. co workers pretty laid back but all are hard working individuals. hardest part is the content noise hearing but you quickly get over.
Not a difficult job but is not a company I can stay with because it not reliable work, you can work 12hrs a day for one week and less than 40 the next
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Salem, OHOctober 21, 2015
I like my Job but the biggest problem I have it does not provide good benefits for new hires, I understand that most jobs you have to work for awhile before benefits take affect, but this company don't even offer family insurance
Working assembly with co-workers, satifactory working environment
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 14, 2013
A typical day would include inspection of product and other materials/inventory. I learned to work in an orderly and timely fashion and the hardest part was standing long periods of time but enjoyed the job and its responsibility.
Pros
working independantly and as a team player
Cons
shift changes without notice
This was a very hot and hard place to work.
Caster Service/Tow motor driver (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHNovember 13, 2013
This job required alot of lifting. It wasn't a clean environment. People depened on you to do your job so they could finish thiers. My co-workers were still pleasent on such a highly demanding job.
Pros
the pay was real good.
Cons
the job was hot and dirty all year around.
My time at American Standard
Caster and Sprayer machine operator. (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMay 8, 2012
Simply, my job was very hard and very tiring. After reporting to work, I set up my work station, I try to fulfilled a quota that is asked of me to do and go home. When you work at a place like American Standard, there is nothing enjoyable about this job.
Pros
befefits were decent. pay was good.
Cons
total work environment.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHMarch 13, 2015
I had a great job working here for eleven years of my life. You must get a job here too. If you work here you will love it too. I have friends that have worked here and say the same things I do about it. You should have all of your friends and family apply for work at American Standard so that you can work together as a family.
Pros
gravy job
Cons
hot inside
Very exciting place to work for
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 11, 2014
Everything was well managed at this company. Typical workday will be handling customers at the counter, handling phone calls, pulling and staging orders. My co-workers worked as a team and help each other out a lot.
Pros
free lunch sometimes, company credit card, laptop
Great support system, and enjoyable place to work.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Hutchins, TXMay 25, 2015
Family atmosphere, enjoy coming to work managers and supervisors are very honest and reliable. Forklift training and certifications are easy to recieve and most importantly you are able to have a walk up policy with supervisors and other higher authorties and very easy to talk too.
Pros
Cowworkers
Cons
short breaks
Hard Work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, GAJuly 8, 2015
At this particular job, i had a lot of responsibilities.My co workers were very helpful in my training. It didnt take long for me to catch on and move up in ranks. Good Experience!
The top Mortgage Broker Company in the Cincinnati area.
President /CEO (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 25, 2013
I was President and CEO of this company. Company was extremely profitable and expanded to 4 offices nationally. Cincinnati, Dayton, Chicago, & Denver.
Pros
great work environment and extremely professional.
Cons
change in the economy with mortgage crisis affected this business model.
No One Knew What was going on
COrporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 14, 2012
This company had some major issues with the balance and delagation. I trained people over and over again and no one ever seemed to notice the turn over rate
Pros
money was good
Cons
everything was unknown
I liked my job and the people at American Standard
Americast Support (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHMay 20, 2014
I liked my job in the kitchen sink department of American Standard for fifteen years as Americast sink clamp operator, apiling Americast to the backs of the sinks for stenght and durability
Pros
medical /dental/ optical
Cons
long comute
I was a forklift operator
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  DallasJanuary 6, 2015
I used a sit down forklift to unload and load trailers with home care products. I worked a 10 hour shift from Mon-Fri and sometimes on Sat.
Pros
temporary job
Cons
unlimited overtime
Typical factory job
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHDecember 18, 2013
The pay is good and you work lots of overtime. There was constant tension between the union and management. The work is very hard on your body.
Pros
good pay and benifits.
Cons
short breaks, poor management, stressful environment, work is hard on your body.
all right but nothing good about it
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMarch 5, 2015
a good company but they don't care about there employes and care about the money instead. only thing good is that work with good people and we did the job.
Pros
good employes
Cons
no good management