American Support Employee Reviews in United States

great learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 2, 2016
answering phones, assisting customers with their cable services. I learned patience Management was not so good. Co-workers lacked professionalism. The hardest part was adjusting to sitting down all day and the greatest part was meeting the new people.
Productive environment
Assist inbound customers (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2016
Co workers and management was very helpful. Fun environment to work in. I loved going to work. Talking to some of the customers was a little difficult but always got through to them and did everything to make them satisfied
Very Educating. Always something to learn.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLApril 11, 2016
Much overtime required every week. Learned about various computer programs. Management was very busy due to high call volume. Co-workers were very pleasant. Most difficult part was keeping up with multiple programs on computer, and remembering how to bring them up. Most enjoyable was conversing with customers.
Pros
Scedule was perfect timing.
Cons
Training was too fast. Too many programs to work at once.
Customer Service Rep. (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2016
My typical day at work would consist of me scheduling customer their water deliveries that have been missed or they want to reschedule an delivery for an sooner date . I have different work techniques on how to become an better employee. Management was okay but could use some improvements. The hardest part of the job was feeling never good enough . The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure my customer was satisfied with his/her services.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
Unappreciative
fun work place
Call center Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 3, 2016
Great working environment. I love working for American Support (DS) water's because it was a learning experience for me. I learned great customer service skills, how to answer the phone when they are in que and also great team support
Pros
great food
Cons
have to work on sunday's
customer service
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 23, 2016
i really enjoyed the client for american support of DS Services but their NO FAULT ATTENDENCE POLICY needs re-vamping. I fully enjoyed my manager, co-worker as well as the hours of operation and the customer themselves.
Pros
hours and location
Cons
no fault attendence policy
Its an ok job but need more stability
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 15, 2016
Its an ok job but need more stability. Business is very slow here as well so i am constantly being sent home early. Just needs more structure from management.
depressing and not motivating
Outbound/ Inbound Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 19, 2016
to start the day it is very unorganized, ive learned comcast products and procedures with the help of co workers, Management is more focused on their title, the hardest part of the job is getting my job done without the help of upper management and proper training, the most enjoyable part of my job is beable to help people on a dady to day
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no acknowledgment of meeting daily goals
Hard Working Day
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Holly Hill, FLNovember 28, 2015
When I walk into work I sign into my computer and clock in. I get into my Ready mode for my calls and just wait til I get a call. Then within two or three hours I take my first 15 min break, after that I get back on the phones and wait til I go on my lunch. After lunch I stay on the phones til my second 15 min break and then ill be off in the next hour in a half or two hours. The people at that office were cool and did their jobs professional.
Pros
Multiple Breaks and Early Releases
Cons
No Healthcare, No schedule adjustments
Not the place to be
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 9, 2015
Very Unprofessional in management they will try to cheat your hours if you dont keep up with them. also trying to get in school they said i would basically have to leave the job if i want
Cons
Short breaks
ok
Outbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 19, 2015
Not my ideal job. For an at home position and someone who may be enthused about working at home I recommend it. Just not the job for me.
Cons
Shirt breaks
not professional atmoshere
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Holly Hill, FLOctober 14, 2015
Going to work was not an excitement! Nothing but college students that wanted to party! NOT professional.... Need more professionalism.
Company Needed Improvement
Sales & Customer Service Rep./Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 22, 2015
There were no opportunites for advancement, professionalism was at a minimum. I didn't feel compensated for the job detail or job load expected to perform on a daily basis. I learned how to sell and gain product knowledge. Company ended up closing for a while and laid off all their employees.
Very fun place to work
Inbound Sales Customer service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 9, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job would be making sure my customers are taking care of by the time we disconnect the line.The managers make sure when you're doing a good job it doesn't go unnoticed. I have been out to eat numerous times with the vice president of our company as an incentive for my hard work.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short lunches only 30 minutes no PTO
Hetic work place
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 28, 2015
I personally liked my job answering phones and talking to my customers on the other end. However, the environment around me was not nice the managers were rude. My co-workers were all pretty nice. The hardest part of my job was listening to the way some of my supervisors talked to my co-workers. The best part of my job was knowing that by the time I got off the phone with my customers I know they were satisfied with my services towards them.
Telesales Pro
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FloridaJune 15, 2015
A typical day at work consists of taking hundreds of outbound calls to cable company customers. This job taught me how to be humble, everyday I speak with angry customers and I've learned to maintain a positive attitude.
Fast paced, many many hours - on salary
Mary Brown - TeleSales Manager (Current Employee) –  Holly Hill FlMay 27, 2015
Fast pasted, 50- 70 hours per week for the supervisors. Mostly good team work on behalf of the supervisors. Agent pay scale is good for the area.
Pros
Mostly good co-workers
Cons
Little recognition for higher ups.
Great place to work from home.
At home inbound sales (Current Employee) –  at home agentApril 23, 2015
Great opportunity to work from home. Able to make a base pay plus bonus. Great if you require no supervision. Not great if you need constant help. It is hard to reach superivsors and staff if you need a question answered immediately on calls. One day could be calls in que next day week could have no calls. Staff have no input on progress status in your position. And keep you in the dark. One day your fine the next you get sent home early. And you left to guess why.
Pros
work from home
Cons
unstable
Professional environment who ensures success
Sales Expert (Current Employee) –  Holly Hill, FLApril 22, 2015
Daily shifts at American Support provided the challenges I needed to perfect the art of selling. I learned that selling is not always about presenting the right "dollar amount," but providing the value of the service and how it can enhance a persons life. Managers or "Success Coaches" were always available through chat. Co-workers were always eager to help as they gained tenure with the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was setting a daily sales goal and working to achieve it.
Pros
Excellent "work/home balance"
Cons
Un-surety of available hours
Mandatory Overtime
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 22, 2015
I love almost everything about this job except having to working mandatory, last minute notice, overtime. I have to plan my life outside of work, around the last minute schedule changes.
Pros
working from home
Cons
short breaks, no raise in over a year