American Support Employee Reviews

Telesales Pro
Customer service (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FloridaJune 15, 2015
A typical day at work consists of taking hundreds of outbound calls to cable company customers. This job taught me how to be humble, everyday I speak with angry customers and I've learned to maintain a positive attitude.
Fast paced, many many hours - on salary
Mary Brown - TeleSales Manager (Current Employee), Holly Hill FlMay 27, 2015
Pros: Mostly good co-workers
Cons: Little recognition for higher ups.
Fast pasted, 50- 70 hours per week for the supervisors. Mostly good team work on behalf of the supervisors. Agent pay scale is good for the area.
Great place to work from home.
At home inbound sales (Current Employee), at home agentApril 23, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: unstable
Great opportunity to work from home. Able to make a base pay plus bonus. Great if you require no supervision. Not great if you need constant help. It is hard to reach superivsors and staff if you need a question answered immediately on calls. One day could be calls in que next day week could have no calls. Staff have no input on progress status in your position. And keep you in the dark. One day your fine the next you get sent home early. And you left to guess why.
Professional environment who ensures success
Sales Expert (Current Employee), Holly Hill, FLApril 22, 2015
Pros: Excellent "work/home balance"
Cons: Un-surety of available hours
Daily shifts at American Support provided the challenges I needed to perfect the art of selling. I learned that selling is not always about presenting the right "dollar amount," but providing the value of the service and how it can enhance a persons life. Managers or "Success Coaches" were always available through chat. Co-workers were always eager to help as they gained tenure with the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was setting a daily sales goal and working to achieve it.
Mandatory Overtime
Support Specialist (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMarch 22, 2015
Pros: working from home
Cons: short breaks, no raise in over a year
I love almost everything about this job except having to working mandatory, last minute notice, overtime. I have to plan my life outside of work, around the last minute schedule changes.
poor mngt & unrealistic expectations
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMarch 21, 2015
Management is out of touch and only focused on making money for shareholders. Company cut hourly wage, benefits, and 401k with little to no advance notice. Company also downsized 1/2 of the supervisors when there wasn't enough support for front-line CSRs as it was. Supervisors are overworked or terminated without notifying their teams of the change. I had 7 supervisors in 9 months. Management refuses – more... to accommodate scheduling changes/needs of the employee and shift bids never happen. I had the same schedule for 2 years, despite being assured that a shift bid or dept wide schedule change was coming "in a few weeks." Company also terminated all of the trainers except the dept head, then offered them rehire at a much lower wage. Company also has horrible security procedures, and its clients would be appalled at he lack of concern for customer data and nonexistent enforcement of csr account security. (There's a google doc with everyone's login and passwords that is visible to anyone in the company.) – less
Loved my Paychecks!
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMarch 7, 2015
Pros: family like enviroment, great pay, fun, consistant
Cons: schedualing
It was great working for American Support the pay was fair incentives were awesome and the supervisors were very supportive! However the shifts are 11am-11pm full time or 5pm-11pm part time which didn't offer much of a life if u worked 11-11 mon-sat then your only day off was Sundays but your check was nice or you didn't have any money BASED on the hours you worked unless you are a college student or just providing supplemental income......
Fun work environment!!
Customer Service and Sales Executive (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 6, 2015
Pros: nice team support structure
Cons: low pay scale
Not at this time, possibly in person. I really worked hard with this company, but because of their pay scale, with no commission, it was like they had a cap on my earning potential and that, I don't like.
customer service rep.
Customer service rep II (Former Employee), jacksonville flFebruary 3, 2015
Handled inbound/outbound calls on existing accounts. Re-sold benefits to those who were willing to cancel, saved customers and even upsold benefits. Obtained orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors. Resolves customer complaints on billing issues and process payments. Investigated problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, making recommendations to management. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Telemarketing Job
Outbound Telemarketer (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: the bonuses was good!
Cons: it was 40 miles out of town.
The job was ok, I just didn't care for telemarketing myself. The coworkers was made it a much better place and the management team was pretty decent.
Sales
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 5, 2015
I worked with the outbound sales department for multiple cable companies in the country. I also worked in the inbound sales department for Comcast dealing with their online sales orders.
Really enjoyed
Resolution Specialist / CSR (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLOctober 29, 2014
At this job I worked from home. It was a wonderful experience. I maintained difference between work and home. I learned great organizational skills.
Good job oppurtunity
Call center Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good hours and co workers good work from home job
Cons: lack of training and supervisors not on call
i enjoyed working for this company but felt like training could have stronger and been longer. I realized that supervisors make or break a company and it was breaking me down not having one when i needed one so i had to find a more suitable position for my needs as an employee
Unprofessional place to work
Outbound Sales (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLAugust 2, 2014
I left this company because there was no professionalism from the employers or by management. They would change your schedule the day before you had to come into work and if you had an excuses reason for the absence such as a doctors appointment, they would still write you up as a no call no show. The training was poorly done. I was completely lost when they put me out on the floor. They didn't review thoroughly what my job would be consisted of doing before I started working. Overall it wasn't a professional place to work.
American Support offers Inbound and Outbound customer service and a great opportunity to advance.
CSR/Sales (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FloridaJuly 21, 2014
Pros: good pay, health insurance, incentives, breakroom, supervisors
Cons: no commissions for sales.
Very fast paced with heavy phone volume. Supervisor always available for any problems that arouse. Co-workers easy to work with and get along. Customers who were not happy with service and converting unhappy customer into a happy satisfied customer.
Telemarketing
Outbound Specialist/Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJuly 1, 2014
Working with current customers of various cable companies.
Extremely Negative Experience
Management (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJune 30, 2014
Management is unskilled in the field, poor pay, no company funding of benefits, they have a hire-and-fire mentality with no desire to change. Do not even apply with this company.
Expected to do more than physically possible
Alias (Current Employee), Daytona BeachMay 29, 2014
Pros: legit work from home agency
Cons: now 401k match/ no pto for part time employees
I being salaried, always knew the requirement to flex here and their for business needs was a requirement however being made to work five days a month with no compensation is going to far.

I was given unrealistic goals that I was held accountable to and had no incentive to do better. Other employers I worked for offered a bonus program to drive performance in subordinates.

Hard to create passion for a job when you have none left.

I tried my hardest to stay for the relationships that I have developed in the time that I was there, but am now waiving the white flag.
No job security.
Data Processing Manager (Former Employee), Daytona Beach FlMay 14, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: bad management, no job security
The company was formerly Evergreen Sales and Marketing. That company was purchased by American Support, where the management of American Support systematically eliminated all management from Evergreen Sales and Marketing. Then damaged most of the client relationships to the point that there was no work to be had.
Started off great with Evergreen until Amer.Support took over
Inbound Sales and Account Representative (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 14, 2014
Cons: management, job security, training, incorrect pay, no growth
I'm a former employee of Evergreen and American Support. Evergreen was a great family oriented place to work, supervisors who really cared, good hours and fair pay and good commissions. about 8 months into my employment American Support bought us out. From day one there was confusion and chaos. Supervisors were changed around, campaigns were lost and new ones started and new systems were put into place – more... that barely ever worked. When agents wanted to complain or speak up ,she that shall not be named would kindly have her minion supervisors fire you for speaking a little too much and pointing out all the screw ups that were taking place. long story short Evergreen was one of Comcast's biggest sellers and in about 3 months after becoming American Support we were last. Everyone was fired from top to bottom including people who had been there for over 20 years when Evergreen was first started. Also i'd like to point out that from the time American Support took over there were weekly mishaps with workers paychecks. American Support would not pay out commissions and PTO disappeared upon there arrival. No job security, no communication, inadequate job training. just NO NO No. Run – less