American Support

American Support Employer Reviews

poor mngt & unrealistic expectations
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMarch 21, 2015
Management is out of touch and only focused on making money for shareholders. Company cut hourly wage, benefits, and 401k with little to no advance notice. Company also downsized 1/2 of the supervisors when there wasn't enough support for front-line CSRs as it was. Supervisors are overworked or terminated without notifying their teams of the change. I had 7 supervisors in 9 months. Management refuses to accommodate scheduling changes/needs of the employee and shift bids never happen. I had the same schedule for 2 years, despite being assured that a shift bid or dept wide schedule change was coming "in a few weeks." Company also terminated all of the trainers except the dept head, then offered them rehire at a much lower wage. Company also has horrible security procedures, and its clients would be appalled at he lack of concern for customer data and nonexistent enforcement of csr account security. (There's a google doc with everyone's login and passwords that is visible to anyone in the company.)
Loved my Paychecks!
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMarch 7, 2015
Pros: family like enviroment, great pay, fun, consistant
Cons: schedualing
It was great working for American Support the pay was fair incentives were awesome and the supervisors were very supportive! However the shifts are 11am-11pm full time or 5pm-11pm part time which didn't offer much of a life if u worked 11-11 mon-sat then your only day off was Sundays but your check was nice or you didn't have any money BASED on the hours you worked unless you are a college student or just providing supplemental income......
Fun work environment!!
Customer Service and Sales Executive (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 6, 2015
Pros: nice team support structure
Cons: low pay scale
Not at this time, possibly in person. I really worked hard with this company, but because of their pay scale, with no commission, it was like they had a cap on my earning potential and that, I don't like.
customer service rep.
Customer service rep II (Former Employee), jacksonville flFebruary 3, 2015
Handled inbound/outbound calls on existing accounts. Re-sold benefits to those who were willing to cancel, saved customers and even upsold benefits. Obtained orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors. Resolves customer complaints on billing issues and process payments. Investigated problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, making recommendations to management. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Telemarketing Job
Outbound Telemarketer (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: the bonuses was good!
Cons: it was 40 miles out of town.
The job was ok, I just didn't care for telemarketing myself. The coworkers was made it a much better place and the management team was pretty decent.
Sales
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 5, 2015
I worked with the outbound sales department for multiple cable companies in the country. I also worked in the inbound sales department for Comcast dealing with their online sales orders.
Really enjoyed
Resolution Specialist / CSR (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLOctober 29, 2014
At this job I worked from home. It was a wonderful experience. I maintained difference between work and home. I learned great organizational skills.
Good job oppurtunity
Call center Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good hours and co workers good work from home job
Cons: lack of training and supervisors not on call
i enjoyed working for this company but felt like training could have stronger and been longer. I realized that supervisors make or break a company and it was breaking me down not having one when i needed one so i had to find a more suitable position for my needs as an employee
Unprofessional place to work
Outbound Sales (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLAugust 2, 2014
I left this company because there was no professionalism from the employers or by management. They would change your schedule the day before you had to come into work and if you had an excuses reason for the absence such as a doctors appointment, they would still write you up as a no call no show. The training was poorly done. I was completely lost when they put me out on the floor. They didn't review thoroughly what my job would be consisted of doing before I started working. Overall it wasn't a professional place to work.
American Support offers Inbound and Outbound customer service and a great opportunity to advance.
CSR/Sales (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FloridaJuly 21, 2014
Pros: good pay, health insurance, incentives, breakroom, supervisors
Cons: no commissions for sales.
Very fast paced with heavy phone volume. Supervisor always available for any problems that arouse. Co-workers easy to work with and get along. Customers who were not happy with service and converting unhappy customer into a happy satisfied customer.
Telemarketing
Outbound Specialist/Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJuly 1, 2014
Working with current customers of various cable companies.
Extremely Negative Experience
Management (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJune 30, 2014
Management is unskilled in the field, poor pay, no company funding of benefits, they have a hire-and-fire mentality with no desire to change. Do not even apply with this company.
Expected to do more than physically possible
Alias (Current Employee), Daytona BeachMay 29, 2014
Pros: legit work from home agency
Cons: now 401k match/ no pto for part time employees
I being salaried, always knew the requirement to flex here and their for business needs was a requirement however being made to work five days a month with no compensation is going to far.

I was given unrealistic goals that I was held accountable to and had no incentive to do better. Other employers I worked for offered a bonus program to drive performance in subordinates.

Hard to create passion for a job when you have none left.

I tried my hardest to stay for the relationships that I have developed in the time that I was there, but am now waiving the white flag.
No job security.
Data Processing Manager (Former Employee), Daytona Beach FlMay 14, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: bad management, no job security
The company was formerly Evergreen Sales and Marketing. That company was purchased by American Support, where the management of American Support systematically eliminated all management from Evergreen Sales and Marketing. Then damaged most of the client relationships to the point that there was no work to be had.
Started off great with Evergreen until Amer.Support took over
Inbound Sales and Account Representative (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 14, 2014
Cons: management, job security, training, incorrect pay, no growth
I'm a former employee of Evergreen and American Support. Evergreen was a great family oriented place to work, supervisors who really cared, good hours and fair pay and good commissions. about 8 months into my employment American Support bought us out. From day one there was confusion and chaos. Supervisors were changed around, campaigns were lost and new ones started and new systems were put into place that barely ever worked. When agents wanted to complain or speak up ,she that shall not be named would kindly have her minion supervisors fire you for speaking a little too much and pointing out all the screw ups that were taking place. long story short Evergreen was one of Comcast's biggest sellers and in about 3 months after becoming American Support we were last. Everyone was fired from top to bottom including people who had been there for over 20 years when Evergreen was first started. Also i'd like to point out that from the time American Support took over there were weekly mishaps with workers paychecks. American Support would not pay out commissions and PTO disappeared upon there arrival. No job security, no communication, inadequate job training. just NO NO No. Run
Job Summary.
Sales Rep/ Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLApril 8, 2014
A typical day at work:
Come to work expecting to work my part time hours for that day which is 4 hrs a day at 7.35 an hr. Then we have a ten minute meeting at the beginning of the shift about what sale quotas we must meet for the day. After meeting we get on the phones and start sales. some days we would only work for 2 hrs. The job was very unstable and it started costing me more money than I was making to come to work. My coworks and myself got along very well.

Management:
Management wasnt the best and they were not organized. They were rude and didnt really care about us and cheated us out of our money in a way.

The hardest part of the job was going to work not knowing how many hours we were gonna work for that day. The best part of the job was making people happy with their purchases.
bad
Outbound Sales RepOctober (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 23, 2014
hated my time here ppl were nasty the work expectations were unreasonabe
Started of nice
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 16, 2014
Cons: the job attitude
They start out telling you that if you are a nice person and constantly bubbly that you will do great and that you have nothing to worry about but then they turn around and have bad attitudes with you and tell you that you are horrible at everything that you do.
Fast pased work
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: hourly pay
Cons: not enough hours
Called customers to upgrade their current package to add to what they currently have.
Work
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: 10 mins breaks and relaxing job
Cons: time consuming
i loved this job. no problem just wish i could have kept the job. everyday was nice fun and i wish i was still there.

1 2 3