American Systems Employee Reviews

Good Company
Field Engineer/Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 20, 2017
As I started my career with American Systems, I was raw and didn't know anything. The staff with any lead tech was willing to help you in career path and teach you anything you wanted to know. Learn a lot there and would still be there if wasn't for other avenues I wanted to take, in which the company couldn't able to provide.
Pros
Great starter company to advance
Cons
n/a
Intern (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 16, 2017
Great place to work. I have no complaints. If you're looking for a quiet calm place to work, then American Systems is the place for you. Everyone is super friendly.
Excellent Company
Program/Project Manager (PM) (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 8, 2017
Great place to work, but it is a defense contracting postion and the contracts are hard to win especially in the current LPTA environment. No room for advancement, compensation is not a fair wage based on qualifications, hours worked and performance.
Worked as a program manger
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 30, 2017
This job was very satisfying. I met with a lot of challenges head on and gained a lot of respect with the people who worked with me and for me. I always meet with success.
Pros
The monitery rewards
Great contracting company
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2017
Great contracting company to work for. As a contractor I don't have a whole lot of interaction with the company other than the project manager because they are based out of California.
Cyber Security Watch Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 31, 2017
I was a contractor for the company. It has great benefits and being employee-owned, everyone is invested in its success. Unfortunately, since it is reliant on government contracts, when that money goes, so do jobs.
A challenging environment.
C4I Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 29, 2017
Technically challenging environment with limitations on career growth. Exposure to many engineering disciplines with significant latitude to design...
Good Company
Database Administrator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAMay 15, 2017
Good Company and good people to work for. Kind and thoughtful management caring for your overall performance and work ethic. Consistent with proper standards.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 5, 2017
I've worked for ASC off and on for several years its a great company I would refer anyone looking to ASC. Most of the upper management I know or have worked for as a technician.
Good company but pay is quesionable
Senior Forensic Material Photographer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 12, 2017
American Systems is a good company and have been in the business for many years. Special government contracts.

The company very do care for employees but the salary is questionable for some section of the company.
Pros
family and care for employees
Cons
low salary
Was ok
Senior System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandApril 6, 2017
They didnt give much time off unless you get flipped over to another benefits package.

you do get stock in the company and it goes with you when you leave. Will be a couple years until its paid out.

401k is not bad
Left this Job after 1 year
PROPOSAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 17, 2017
Only stayed at American Systems for a year and took a job at Reliable Integration. Had a negative experience with supervisor that made it difficult for excelling.

Returned to this company in 2006 (the supervisor was no longer with the company) and excelled.
Productive, laid back work place
NTSP Developer (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time working for American Systems. I was a great starter job for me after exiting the military. The people were warm and genuine towards me and helped me to fully transition to the civilian sector.
laid back
Cable Installer FBI Building Washington (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 2, 2017
love the company always have work for you to do as well as good managers there for the most part you will have no problem wit the people that work for this company a lot of hrs and good work place
American Systems
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2017
Great company to work for. The management is very informative. Flexible on hours. Also, they recognize employees. No micromanaging. I have no complaints.
Just another body shop
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 3, 2017
I would avoid it if you have other options. I have worked at several different places and have never felt more like a number. This is really just a company that went out and bought several smaller companies for their current contracts. There may be a corporate culture and focus but since the groups do not talk to each other I do not know what it is.

Right now I would their business model is"Silos of excellence/ignorance".

Inattentive management means you can come and go as you please on my contract w/no accountability. This makes things really easy once you have given up.

Con:
They do not contribute to your 401k, there is no employer matching. Instead they are have an ESOP and will lecture you endlessly how this is better.
Greart place to work - hence my 30 years with them
Logistic Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newport, RINovember 23, 2016
People/family oriented. Employee owned company. Local office is small but coworkers seem like family. Management is extremely flexible in meeting employees needs regarding work hours and family leave requirements.
Pros
ESOP and 401k
American Systems is contracted Job
Senior Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 1, 2016
American Systems is currently a contracted position under name ERAT (Engineering Readiness and Assist Team) Due to contracted type position, job security is not stable, which can be challenging for work force continuity and maintaining superior performance at all levels. Great experience in honing specific skill set. Appreciate the opportunity in working alongside dedicated professionals. ONE TEAM! ONE FIGHT!
Pros
Dedicated professionals
Cons
Contracted work
Same job as Prolog
Office Manager/Logistics (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 7, 2016
I work at the same place and did what I did when I worked for Prolog. The contract changed is all. Still a great place to work.
Pros
People all around were great
Great team
Sr. Multimedia ISD (Current Employee) –  ormond beach, flOctober 22, 2015
I am responsible for all multimedia work in training, development and marketing. I get to facilitate regularly so I never get bored with my job

The teams I have worked with are amazing. The only drawback is the lack of security being at the mercy of the client as a contract worker.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Systems. Our community is ready to answer.