American Systems Employee Reviews

Same job as Prolog
Office Manager/Logistics (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 7, 2016
I work at the same place and did what I did when I worked for Prolog. The contract changed is all. Still a great place to work.
Pros
People all around were great
Great People, poor job security
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 23, 2015
I enjoyed the job. It wasn't the best paying and I didn't get any benefits, but the people were enjoyable and the work wasn't too difficult. The government contract industry is a rocky one. The chances of you keeping your job for more than a year aren't favorable.
Pros
Great people, easy to work with
Cons
Job security, pay
Laid back office, played games like bingo, hangman
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJuly 30, 2015
I learned all aspects of the management, including training, and continued training. Also lead generation. My co workers were amazing people, the office was no drama, and we all worked well together, it was a real team. The hardest part of the job was letting people go who could not meet the standards of the position. The most enjoyable was just about every day on the job. I can say it was one job I honestly enjoyed going to daily. The management team worked as a team which made it so easy for the whole office to work as a team too.
Pros
no nights, weekends, or holidays
Cons
no paid breaks, or holidays
Senior Program & Capture Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 6, 2015
Management is supportive of career growth and understand the balance of work/life responsibilities. Working with the fellow employee owners is probably the best part of the job since we all have the same objectives - to be successful and represent the company the best we can.
Pros
Flexible Schedules and opportunities
Cons
Not a lot of corporate functions outside of the company
Productive and challenging work environment
Safety Officer Team Leader / Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VAOctober 31, 2012
I have improved my ability to communicate to individual personalities in a more effective way. Management has engaged me in a mentoring type relationship that has effectively improved my professional skill sets. My co-workers are professionals who are driven to exceed the standards by delivering the highest quality product to the client. The hardest part of the job is to manage my roles and responsibilities while managing those under me and ensure that they are also performing their appropriate tasks well. Sometimes, there just isn't enough time in the day to get everything done. I enjoy the challenge that I just stated. I also enjoy the balance of the casual atmosphere and professionalism that the management promotes.
Pros
casual atmosphere, challenging work.
Cons
decreased benefits package since i began working here.
MicroStation Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 18, 2012
One of the few places I've worked where I can say the management in place enhanced the job experience...my manager was a great guy to work for. Challenging and engaging work, awesome work environment and surrounding area., US House of Representatives Cannon building and the DC area . learned quite a bit from the site lead/manager and the foreman over installations.in the area of project management and working with the government as it is a special customer. I looked forward to going to work.
Pros
the people, the work location, the projects, and the sense of accomplishment. wasn't as unstable as most contract work.
Cons
dc traffic, contract work, and a bit limiting on advancement.
American Systems
Senior Instructional Systems Designer (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 9, 2015
I enjoyed all my co-workers at American Systems. Since I was a contractor in a government building it was sometimes difficult communicating with management.
Company changed significantly with new management in 2005
Director for Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Washington DCApril 28, 2014
Dynamic work environment focused on innovative solutions to Government issues became more focused on short term profits. Corporate management impacts every aspect of a company. The majority of co-workers were capable and hard working. It was very difficult but not insurmountable for a small to medium size company to compete against the bigger contractors pursuing government services contracts. ASC supported aggressively pursuing contracts and innovative solutions.
Pros
supported innovation
Cons
corporate culture shifted
Marksmanship Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 16, 2012
Professionals, it was a good work environment. Normal 8 hour day with good pay and benefits. Management praise hard workers and gave plenty of advice on how to do tasks more efficiently. Plenty of room to be creative and innovative. Most enjoyable part was being able to see a finish product.
Pros
flexiblity
Cons
waiting for contracts
all in all, AS is okay.
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 30, 2015
To sum it up in a nutshell, American Systems is just okay. Managers do not micromanage and my job location and work environment is good. AS benefits have a ways to catchup with the likes of CACI or other large companies. For instance, AS does not have education\certification reimbursements starting day one. You can receive education reimbursement after a year of serviceā€¦ all in all, AS is okay.
Bad Company
N/A (Former Employee) –  Chantilly VAOctober 14, 2014
JOB SEEKERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No job security or Advancement
Poor Management
Poor Job Culture
Compensation/Benefits Ok
Cons
jobs security
Short term employment with no advancement
N/A (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 23, 2014
Terrible work environment
Co workers are garbage
Program managers and foremen
Are a joke
No teamwork
I was told this was going to be a
Long term project that was a lie
Worked hard everyday with nothing to
Show for it but unemployment
Ok compensation and benefits
Good work schedule and hours but
Be ready to work like a slave and
Be out work for a long period of time
Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
weekly paychecks and good work hours
Cons
short term work with no advancement
Great ESOP Company
Vice President Business Development (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 11, 2013
Great place to work with great people. Like any organization, the higher you go, the more political.

2 of their divisional managers are top notch and growing the company. The other 2 are good, but if you hook in with the two growth ones, it is fun and exciting.
Pros
flexible, good training, good benefits
Cons
other then politics, non to think of
Decent working environment
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor and Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tainan Taiwan (ROC)October 5, 2015
The company and employees are very willing to help when the need arises. The customer is currently being trained on an advanced aircraft and its systems. Logistically challenging environment, with a positive attitude to accomplishing short and long term goals.
Pros
All accomidations provieded by employer
Cons
Work location is outside the U.S.
This company
Assist Quality Assurance Officer (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 9, 2013
Shows a consistent lack of honesty and integrity. The job was completely misrepresented as to what it entailed. The pay is very low -- we were told that salary reviews would be done at six months, then told they never said that. Benefits are negligible.

Very dissatisfactory employer.
Cons
poor 'benefits, ' dishonest company culture
American Systems Corporation (ASC)
Information Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 7, 2015
ASC is a great starter job. There is not much room for growth or advancement and I did not receive the mentorship I was looking for to advance my career in the D.o.D environment.
Pros
as a contracting company, great at keepin their employees busy with work
Cons
No mentorship or guidance from managment for career growth
Great team
Sr. Multimedia ISD (Current Employee) –  ormond beach, flOctober 22, 2015
I am responsible for all multimedia work in training, development and marketing. I get to facilitate regularly so I never get bored with my job

The teams I have worked with are amazing. The only drawback is the lack of security being at the mercy of the client as a contract worker.
Complete lack of effective communication and termination if attempting to communicate with team.
Help Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  VAMay 8, 2015
By far the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working for. Communication and teamwork are non existent. Communication is discouraged above all else. I have never seen anything so backwards in my professional career.
Productive work environment.
Sr. Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 15, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Benefits have improved over the years. They now include 80 hours of parental leave for both men and women.
Uncomfortable Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 30, 2013
I was introduced to the company as them being that they are large over-turning company. I took a test to show what my work ethics and personality was liked and scored very good. I felt I was fitting in to the position. But I had started seeing things that was unbelieveable. People was walking off the job. Being fired on the spot after falling asleep on the job. This happen to several individuals while I was there. I had worked the one the most important persons in the company. But not important enough for them to let me go with out reason.
Pros
nice building
Cons
not a good company to work for.