American Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Decent working environment
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor and Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tainan Taiwan (ROC)October 5, 2015
The company and employees are very willing to help when the need arises. The customer is currently being trained on an advanced aircraft and its systems. Logistically challenging environment, with a positive attitude to accomplishing short and long term goals.
Pros
All accomidations provieded by employer
Cons
Work location is outside the U.S.
Great team
Sr. Multimedia ISD (Current Employee) –  ormond beach, flOctober 22, 2015
I am responsible for all multimedia work in training, development and marketing. I get to facilitate regularly so I never get bored with my job

The teams I have worked with are amazing. The only drawback is the lack of security being at the mercy of the client as a contract worker.
Laid back office, played games like bingo, hangman
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJuly 30, 2015
I learned all aspects of the management, including training, and continued training. Also lead generation. My co workers were amazing people, the office was no drama, and we all worked well together, it was a real team. The hardest part of the job was letting people go who could not meet the standards of the position. The most enjoyable was just about every day on the job. I can say it was one job I honestly enjoyed going to daily. The management team worked as a team which made it so easy for the whole office to work as a team too.
Pros
no nights, weekends, or holidays
Cons
no paid breaks, or holidays
all in all, AS is okay.
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 30, 2015
To sum it up in a nutshell, American Systems is just okay. Managers do not micromanage and my job location and work environment is good. AS benefits have a ways to catchup with the likes of CACI or other large companies. For instance, AS does not have education\certification reimbursements starting day one. You can receive education reimbursement after a year of service… all in all, AS is okay.
American Systems
Senior Instructional Systems Designer (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 9, 2015
I enjoyed all my co-workers at American Systems. Since I was a contractor in a government building it was sometimes difficult communicating with management.
Great People, poor job security
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 23, 2015
I enjoyed the job. It wasn't the best paying and I didn't get any benefits, but the people were enjoyable and the work wasn't too difficult. The government contract industry is a rocky one. The chances of you keeping your job for more than a year aren't favorable.
Pros
Great people, easy to work with
Cons
Job security, pay
Great place to work!
Instructional Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 8, 2015
Great place to work! They really take care of their employees! they especially cater to disabled employee needs. I wish they had more contracts!
Senior Program & Capture Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 6, 2015
Management is supportive of career growth and understand the balance of work/life responsibilities. Working with the fellow employee owners is probably the best part of the job since we all have the same objectives - to be successful and represent the company the best we can.
Pros
Flexible Schedules and opportunities
Cons
Not a lot of corporate functions outside of the company
Great
Tech lead (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 5, 2015
​Since its founding, our nation has earned the right to be called the land of the free, because it is the home of the brave. Since 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS has been supporting the men and women who serve the cause of freedom.
Challenging
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 20, 2015
Dispatched technicians for service tickets and new stores, remodels and expansions.
prepared reports to send to customer for updates.
attended weekly conference calls
worked unsupervised at my home for 3 years
loved the coworkers although I didn't get to personally meet some of them.
Responsible for working with AR to get paid from our customer.
Approved weekly timesheets from technicians.
Pros
Fun Enviroment
Cons
worked out of the house.
Complete lack of effective communication and termination if attempting to communicate with team.
Help Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  VAMay 8, 2015
By far the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working for. Communication and teamwork are non existent. Communication is discouraged above all else. I have never seen anything so backwards in my professional career.
Flexible with your work hours
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 16, 2015
Great place to work. Helped Charities. Had company functions. Allowed you to balance work and life.
I enjoyed teleworking from home.
Co workers are great to work with,
Pros
Company Picnics
American Systems Corporation (ASC)
Information Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 7, 2015
ASC is a great starter job. There is not much room for growth or advancement and I did not receive the mentorship I was looking for to advance my career in the D.o.D environment.
Pros
as a contracting company, great at keepin their employees busy with work
Cons
No mentorship or guidance from managment for career growth
Productive work environment.
Sr. Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 15, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Benefits have improved over the years. They now include 80 hours of parental leave for both men and women.
Amazing environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly,VAJuly 14, 2015
Great company! Great environment to be in everyday. Wonderful employees. Amazing leadership shown in every department. Highly recommend to anyone.
International Programn Analyst
International Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 17, 2015
Great place to work! Great staff and pay. Benefits are excellent and i enjoying working for the company!
I currently work for American Systems as an International Program Analyst in Washington, DC. My primary function is to support the Director of International Programs at PEO Submarines (PEOSUB) relating to all international endeavors by Team Submarine. I play a major role in processing commercial export licensing applications pertaining to technologies for submarines.
Company changing
VICE PRESIDENT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Chantilly VAFebruary 13, 2015
The company is an ESOP and after Bill Hoover has left, the new CEO is a long time employee that is in over his head.

The company has had some great talent which is now leaving or has left. The new leadership has cut people without really looking at the customer impact.
Pros
great people
Cons
poor mangement
Private company specializing in US Defense contracts
Database Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 23, 2014
Typical day at work: Data entry, Database design. Lack of micromanagement. Co-workers distant as each had their own assigned tasks that did not relate to my position. The most difficult part of my job was to find clients as I am a worker, not a salesperson. I was able to complete work assignments with little interruption.
Pros
as long as i did at least 8 hours daily, i had the freedom to choose what times i could come to work and leave.
Cons
expected to find clients outside of company.
Great company to gain experience
Sr. All Source Recruiting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 10, 2015
It is a great company with highly skilled and experienced leadership. Moreover "team" theme literally exist in American Systems that everyone is respected and well-listened when they express their opinions and ideas.
Pros
recognition
Relaxed environment, but strict on procedures and guidelines
Latent Fingerprint Technician (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VADecember 3, 2014
Each day was different.
Learned how to prioritize different things and amounts of work.
Worked side by side coworkers and learned how to build healthy and helpful relationships to assist in efficiency.
Some projects got repetitive, but you do what you have to do to get the work done.