American Systems Employee Reviews

Left this Job after 1 year
PROPOSAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 17, 2017
Only stayed at American Systems for a year and took a job at Reliable Integration. Had a negative experience with supervisor that made it difficult for excelling.

Returned to this company in 2006 (the supervisor was no longer with the company) and excelled.
Productive, laid back work place
NTSP Developer (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time working for American Systems. I was a great starter job for me after exiting the military. The people were warm and genuine towards me and helped me to fully transition to the civilian sector.
laid back
Cable Installer FBI Building Washington (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 2, 2017
love the company always have work for you to do as well as good managers there for the most part you will have no problem wit the people that work for this company a lot of hrs and good work place
American Systems
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2017
Great company to work for. The management is very informative. Flexible on hours. Also, they recognize employees. No micromanaging. I have no complaints.
Just another body shop
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 3, 2017
I would avoid it if you have other options. I have worked at several different places and have never felt more like a number. This is really just a company that went out and bought several smaller companies for their current contracts. There may be a corporate culture and focus but since the groups do not talk to each other I do not know what it is.

Right now I would their business model is"Silos of excellence/ignorance".

Inattentive management means you can come and go as you please on my contract w/no accountability. This makes things really easy once you have given up.

Con:
They do not contribute to your 401k, there is no employer matching. Instead they are have an ESOP and will lecture you endlessly how this is better.
Greart place to work - hence my 30 years with them
Logistic Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newport, RINovember 23, 2016
People/family oriented. Employee owned company. Local office is small but coworkers seem like family. Management is extremely flexible in meeting employees needs regarding work hours and family leave requirements.
Pros
ESOP and 401k
American Systems is contracted Job
Senior Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 1, 2016
American Systems is currently a contracted position under name ERAT (Engineering Readiness and Assist Team) Due to contracted type position, job security is not stable, which can be challenging for work force continuity and maintaining superior performance at all levels. Great experience in honing specific skill set. Appreciate the opportunity in working alongside dedicated professionals. ONE TEAM! ONE FIGHT!
Pros
Dedicated professionals
Cons
Contracted work
Same job as Prolog
Office Manager/Logistics (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 7, 2016
I work at the same place and did what I did when I worked for Prolog. The contract changed is all. Still a great place to work.
Pros
People all around were great
Great team
Sr. Multimedia ISD (Current Employee) –  ormond beach, flOctober 22, 2015
I am responsible for all multimedia work in training, development and marketing. I get to facilitate regularly so I never get bored with my job

The teams I have worked with are amazing. The only drawback is the lack of security being at the mercy of the client as a contract worker.
American Systems
Senior Instructional Systems Designer (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 9, 2015
I enjoyed all my co-workers at American Systems. Since I was a contractor in a government building it was sometimes difficult communicating with management.
Great place to work!
Instructional Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 8, 2015
Great place to work! They really take care of their employees! they especially cater to disabled employee needs. I wish they had more contracts!
Decent working environment
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor and Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tainan Taiwan (ROC)October 5, 2015
The company and employees are very willing to help when the need arises. The customer is currently being trained on an advanced aircraft and its systems. Logistically challenging environment, with a positive attitude to accomplishing short and long term goals.
Pros
All accomidations provieded by employer
Cons
Work location is outside the U.S.
Great
Tech lead (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 5, 2015
​Since its founding, our nation has earned the right to be called the land of the free, because it is the home of the brave. Since 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS has been supporting the men and women who serve the cause of freedom.
Laid back office, played games like bingo, hangman
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJuly 30, 2015
I learned all aspects of the management, including training, and continued training. Also lead generation. My co workers were amazing people, the office was no drama, and we all worked well together, it was a real team. The hardest part of the job was letting people go who could not meet the standards of the position. The most enjoyable was just about every day on the job. I can say it was one job I honestly enjoyed going to daily. The management team worked as a team which made it so easy for the whole office to work as a team too.
Pros
no nights, weekends, or holidays
Cons
no paid breaks, or holidays
Great People, poor job security
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 23, 2015
I enjoyed the job. It wasn't the best paying and I didn't get any benefits, but the people were enjoyable and the work wasn't too difficult. The government contract industry is a rocky one. The chances of you keeping your job for more than a year aren't favorable.
Pros
Great people, easy to work with
Cons
Job security, pay
Flexible with your work hours
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 16, 2015
Great place to work. Helped Charities. Had company functions. Allowed you to balance work and life.
I enjoyed teleworking from home.
Co workers are great to work with,
Pros
Company Picnics
Productive work environment.
Sr. Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 15, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Benefits have improved over the years. They now include 80 hours of parental leave for both men and women.
Amazing environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly,VAJuly 14, 2015
Great company! Great environment to be in everyday. Wonderful employees. Amazing leadership shown in every department. Highly recommend to anyone.
Cool place to work
Good company culture
Great at "giving back" - social awareness
all in all, AS is okay.
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 30, 2015
To sum it up in a nutshell, American Systems is just okay. Managers do not micromanage and my job location and work environment is good. AS benefits have a ways to catchup with the likes of CACI or other large companies. For instance, AS does not have education\certification reimbursements starting day one. You can receive education reimbursement after a year of service… all in all, AS is okay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Systems. Our community is ready to answer.