AMERICAN SYSTEMS Employee Reviews

Great team
Sr. Multimedia ISD (Current Employee) –  ormond beach, flOctober 22, 2015
I am responsible for all multimedia work in training, development and marketing. I get to facilitate regularly so I never get bored with my job

The teams I have worked with are amazing. The only drawback is the lack of security being at the mercy of the client as a contract worker.
American Systems
Senior Instructional Systems Designer (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 9, 2015
I enjoyed all my co-workers at American Systems. Since I was a contractor in a government building it was sometimes difficult communicating with management.
Great place to work!
Instructional Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 8, 2015
Great place to work! They really take care of their employees! they especially cater to disabled employee needs. I wish they had more contracts!
Decent working environment
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor and Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tainan Taiwan (ROC)October 5, 2015
The company and employees are very willing to help when the need arises. The customer is currently being trained on an advanced aircraft and its systems. Logistically challenging environment, with a positive attitude to accomplishing short and long term goals.
Pros
All accomidations provieded by employer
Cons
Work location is outside the U.S.
Great
Tech lead (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 5, 2015
​Since its founding, our nation has earned the right to be called the land of the free, because it is the home of the brave. Since 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS has been supporting the men and women who serve the cause of freedom.
Laid back office, played games like bingo, hangman
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJuly 30, 2015
I learned all aspects of the management, including training, and continued training. Also lead generation. My co workers were amazing people, the office was no drama, and we all worked well together, it was a real team. The hardest part of the job was letting people go who could not meet the standards of the position. The most enjoyable was just about every day on the job. I can say it was one job I honestly enjoyed going to daily. The management team worked as a team which made it so easy for the whole office to work as a team too.
Pros
no nights, weekends, or holidays
Cons
no paid breaks, or holidays
Great People, poor job security
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 23, 2015
I enjoyed the job. It wasn't the best paying and I didn't get any benefits, but the people were enjoyable and the work wasn't too difficult. The government contract industry is a rocky one. The chances of you keeping your job for more than a year aren't favorable.
Pros
Great people, easy to work with
Cons
Job security, pay
Flexible with your work hours
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 16, 2015
Great place to work. Helped Charities. Had company functions. Allowed you to balance work and life.
I enjoyed teleworking from home.
Co workers are great to work with,
Pros
Company Picnics
Productive work environment.
Sr. Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 15, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Benefits have improved over the years. They now include 80 hours of parental leave for both men and women.
Amazing environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly,VAJuly 14, 2015
Great company! Great environment to be in everyday. Wonderful employees. Amazing leadership shown in every department. Highly recommend to anyone.
Cool place to work
Good company culture
Great at "giving back" - social awareness
all in all, AS is okay.
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 30, 2015
To sum it up in a nutshell, American Systems is just okay. Managers do not micromanage and my job location and work environment is good. AS benefits have a ways to catchup with the likes of CACI or other large companies. For instance, AS does not have education\certification reimbursements starting day one. You can receive education reimbursement after a year of service… all in all, AS is okay.
Complete lack of effective communication and termination if attempting to communicate with team.
Help Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  VAMay 8, 2015
By far the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working for. Communication and teamwork are non existent. Communication is discouraged above all else. I have never seen anything so backwards in my professional career.
Senior Program & Capture Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 6, 2015
Management is supportive of career growth and understand the balance of work/life responsibilities. Working with the fellow employee owners is probably the best part of the job since we all have the same objectives - to be successful and represent the company the best we can.
Pros
Flexible Schedules and opportunities
Cons
Not a lot of corporate functions outside of the company
Challenging
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 20, 2015
Dispatched technicians for service tickets and new stores, remodels and expansions.
prepared reports to send to customer for updates.
attended weekly conference calls
worked unsupervised at my home for 3 years
loved the coworkers although I didn't get to personally meet some of them.
Responsible for working with AR to get paid from our customer.
Approved weekly timesheets from technicians.
Pros
Fun Enviroment
Cons
worked out of the house.
great if it works
Electronic Security Technician (Current Employee) –  n vaApril 15, 2015
stand down is a nasty creature, furlough is even worse. the point of a job is to be compensated. put 20000 miles on the car in 6 months, and cant get 40 hours a week.
American Systems Corporation (ASC)
Information Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 7, 2015
ASC is a great starter job. There is not much room for growth or advancement and I did not receive the mentorship I was looking for to advance my career in the D.o.D environment.
Pros
as a contracting company, great at keepin their employees busy with work
Cons
No mentorship or guidance from managment for career growth
Company changing
VICE PRESIDENT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Chantilly VAFebruary 13, 2015
The company is an ESOP and after Bill Hoover has left, the new CEO is a long time employee that is in over his head.

The company has had some great talent which is now leaving or has left. The new leadership has cut people without really looking at the customer impact.
Pros
great people
Cons
poor mangement
Great company to gain experience
Sr. All Source Recruiting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 10, 2015
It is a great company with highly skilled and experienced leadership. Moreover "team" theme literally exist in American Systems that everyone is respected and well-listened when they express their opinions and ideas.
Pros
recognition
HORRIBLE PAY FOR EMPLOYEES
Administrative Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAFebruary 10, 2015
Employees are not even acknowledged by management. Just a number to bill government. Work is a constant changing flow of do's and don't's.
Pros
pretty good medical.....not the best.
Cons
no pay for employees.