American Technical Ceramics Employee Reviews in United States

Use to be a good place to work but not anymore.
Thin Film Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 4, 2012
Not a good managment, everything is going to the wrong way, they don't care about the quality, they don't make good communication,they don't treat employes right and no raise.
Pros
45 min on friday lunch break.12 days of holiday per year.
Cons
not solve a problem
Great Job
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 5, 2014
I enjoyed working here on the second shift. It was a scientific kind of job and very detailed. Nice people and interesting job.Lots of holidays too. Good benefits.
no comment
Production worker/operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 8, 2012
no comment. job is easy it's management! The benefits are great! and pay needs to increase by far.
what I learned.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  One Norden Lane, Huntington Station, NY 11746September 10, 2013
I learned how to take charge. There was an employee who worked in my department part-time. She had an aversion to using the telephone. She preferred using the computerized mailing system the company had. I told her using the phone was also part of the job, but she didn't like getting on the phone. I ended up having to do it. I learned to use the telephone to contact expeditors so packages can ship through customs. Some customers wanted their packages to ship via DHL. I was required to call some customers to find out how they wanted their packages shipped.
Pros
able to communicate with expeditors via telephone.
Cons
long hours, shorthanded department
decent, low pay
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 8, 2014
easy job, lower paying. high work load. good job for getting by short term, not going to make a career of it.
Pros
easy
Busy, everyday was interesting and very different each day
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYJune 13, 2012
Check e-mails and voicemail for customer inquiries. Data entry most of day and processing orders and providing order and return status, process credits, complete spread sheets. I learned several programs, work with many multimillion dollar companies and help them with there concerns and and complaints. Upper management is very plesant to work with also friendly, helpful and many times provided free lunches to the sales department. Supervisiors in the order hand tend to be moody many times and get fustrated very easily when asked for assiatance. Co-workers tend to lend a hand when one person is over whelmed with many orders to process, or need to to provide order status on customers portal. The hardest part of my job was when I was unable to please my customers when orders were late or extremely late and it was out of my control to get their materials to them. The most enjoyable part of my job was when everyone was happy and not stressed over work.
Pros
bonuses, hour lunch break, treats
Cons
not efficient on getting orders out on time which makes it hard to explain to customers, sometimes upper managment underminded the importantace of the sales department.
I learned how to work under pressure.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYFebruary 16, 2014
American Technical Ceramics is a very fast-paced place of employment. I worked in the shipping department. Every day, we packed machine parts to other states within the United States. There were some days we had to ship packages to Sweden and Japan. You had to be on your toes quickly. I got to learn how to ship packages and the experience helped me to sharpen my phone skills. Before I worked there, I didn't know how to use the phone. I learned quickly that was a part of my duties. The phone was used to contact freight forwarders to ship packages to India.
Cons
being overworked
Good coworkers
Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2015
You will get to work on products that go into the aviation industry.
Working with the employees
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 14, 2013
It was a different environment, it was a manufacturing company so I was able to interact with various cultures. I really enjoyed that. I really like my co-workers a lot as well.
Pros
good atmosphere
staff great to work with
Lead Shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYSeptember 27, 2013
It was a pleasure working at ATC. Great co-workers to work with
Pros
ability to advance
Cons
lack of work due to outsourcing