American Technical Ceramics Employee Reviews

out of business
Thin Film Later Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 27, 2017
This was by far the job I've enjoyed the most in my life. Every project was different and challenged me to meet the customers expectations. It was an unfortunate series of events that led to its closure.
Pros
fun
Cons
closed
Well-rounded company
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYFebruary 8, 2017
The company was very compensating. In a typical day I would come in, get the instructions from management in a morning meeting and went to work and remedied many situations.
Pros
Good salary, and compensation plus benefits
Cons
Overworked, and a lot of overtime
Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Good company to work for, very little input from management as long as you perform your job as expected. Management is always helpful when called upon for resolution of issues.
Provides adequate benefits
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 15, 2016
Solid company to work for provides good benefits and a safe environment in which to work. Hires multi-cultural employees for diversification, and personal enrichment.
co workers are ok, management poor
Quality Assurance Process Technician (Former Employee) –  branch new yorkFebruary 5, 2015
its been a good experience working at ATC nice co workers, poor management. I like what I do as a qualification process technician, the hardest part of this job no help from the QA Managers.
Pros
no benifits
Cons
short breaks
Good coworkers
Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2015
You will get to work on products that go into the aviation industry.
Great Job
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 5, 2014
I enjoyed working here on the second shift. It was a scientific kind of job and very detailed. Nice people and interesting job.Lots of holidays too. Good benefits.
decent, low pay
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 8, 2014
easy job, lower paying. high work load. good job for getting by short term, not going to make a career of it.
Pros
easy
I learned how to work under pressure.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYFebruary 16, 2014
American Technical Ceramics is a very fast-paced place of employment. I worked in the shipping department. Every day, we packed machine parts to other states within the United States. There were some days we had to ship packages to Sweden and Japan. You had to be on your toes quickly. I got to learn how to ship packages and the experience helped me to sharpen my phone skills. Before I worked there, I didn't know how to use the phone. I learned quickly that was a part of my duties. The phone was used to contact freight forwarders to ship packages to India.
Cons
Being Overworked
Working with the employees
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 14, 2013
It was a different environment, it was a manufacturing company so I was able to interact with various cultures. I really enjoyed that. I really like my co-workers a lot as well.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
staff great to work with
Lead Shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYSeptember 27, 2013
It was a pleasure working at ATC. Great co-workers to work with
Pros
ability to advance
Cons
lack of work due to outsourcing
what I learned.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  One Norden Lane, Huntington Station, NY 11746September 10, 2013
I learned how to take charge. There was an employee who worked in my department part-time. She had an aversion to using the telephone. She preferred using the computerized mailing system the company had. I told her using the phone was also part of the job, but she didn't like getting on the phone. I ended up having to do it. I learned to use the telephone to contact expeditors so packages can ship through customs. Some customers wanted their packages to ship via DHL. I was required to call some customers to find out how they wanted their packages shipped.
Pros
Able to communicate with expeditors via telephone.
Cons
long hours, shorthanded department
Use to be a good place to work but not anymore.
Thin Film Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 4, 2012
Not a good managment, everything is going to the wrong way, they don't care about the quality, they don't make good communication,they don't treat employes right and no raise.
Pros
45 min on friday lunch break.12 days of holiday per year.
Cons
not solve a problem
Busy, everyday was interesting and very different each day
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYJune 13, 2012
Check e-mails and voicemail for customer inquiries. Data entry most of day and processing orders and providing order and return status, process credits, complete spread sheets. I learned several programs, work with many multimillion dollar companies and help them with there concerns and and complaints. Upper management is very plesant to work with also friendly, helpful and many times provided free lunches to the sales department. Supervisiors in the order hand tend to be moody many times and get fustrated very easily when asked for assiatance. Co-workers tend to lend a hand when one person is over whelmed with many orders to process, or need to to provide order status on customers portal. The hardest part of my job was when I was unable to please my customers when orders were late or extremely late and it was out of my control to get their materials to them. The most enjoyable part of my job was when everyone was happy and not stressed over work.
Pros
bonuses, hour lunch break, treats
Cons
not efficient on getting orders out on time which makes it hard to explain to customers, sometimes upper managment underminded the importantace of the sales department.
no comment
Production worker/operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 8, 2012
no comment. job is easy it's management! The benefits are great! and pay needs to increase by far.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Technical Ceramics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1