American Tire Distributors Employee Reviews

SQL BI Developer
SQL BI Developer (Current Employee), Huntersville, NCAugust 20, 2015
Responsibilites:
• Created Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes, User defined Functions, Constraints etc. on various database objects to obtain the required results by using T-SQL
• Actively involved in writing T-SQL Programming for implementing Stored Procedures and Functions and views for different tasks
• Experience in Error handling and debugging coding issues and troubleshoot production problems
• Designed dynamic SSIS Packages to transfer data crossing different platforms, validate data during transferring, and archived data files for different DBMS
Fun people to work with
Warehouse Manager/Driver (Current Employee), Salt Lake, UTJuly 31, 2015
A typical day at American Tire for me as a driver, is showing up to work around 7am, then getting in my work truck and starting a delivery route. I would usually have anywhere from 15-30 stops per day, and I would get done anywhere from 3-5 most days. I learned how to manage people and be a team player. I learned to focus on my own work and not worry about what others were doing. The hardest part of the job is when people called in sick, and we would have to stay and help in the warehouse by unloading and putting tires away in the racks. The most enjoyable part of the job was being out and about delivering tires to different places.
American Tire Distributors
Inspector of Product Adjustments (Current Employee), Maiden, NCJuly 11, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: none
Handle warranty claims which includes interaction between dealers, vendors as well as consumers. Handle company warranty related emails and phone calls in a time sensitive manner.
i love this job
Driver/Warehouse associate (Current Employee), richmondJuly 9, 2015
I love it its fun just need more money the job is getting slow I want to get with a company that's have good benfet this company is a good company to work for
good place to wor at ,exercise while working
warehouse associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches, drinks and a great manager
Cons: some tires are just too heavy
nothing out of this world just load and unload tires from the trucks,stack them inside the warehouse, drive the fork lifts back and forth,deal with fed ex orders and make sure they go to the correct customer,employees are fun to work with
I like a challange and hands on exprience with my position..
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJune 18, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: poor mangement
I love to feel in control of my position in getting my task done.. I like to make my supervisor and company look good with m job performance.. I work extremely well with others even thou I do like to be ahead of the game with performance.. I work very well in high pace environments..
Commercial Collections Coordinator (Former Employee), NCMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great company all around
Cons: Pay not so well
ATD is a great company to work for, very stable company. Hardly anyone there has been there for under 5 years. Most people have been there for at least 10 years or more. Very friendly environment! They pay wasn't good for the department I worked in and people would come and go. No one stayed in my department due to the pay. Not even the manager. He left for better pay as well.
Productive workplace dedicate to customer service!
Warehouse Associate/Driver (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDApril 21, 2015
American Tire is an amazing job. I learned a great deal of skill from the company everyone there is amazing an very easy to work with.
Worst management ever and their clueless
warehouse (Former Employee), knoxvilleMarch 30, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
management sucks! From the top to the bottom of the management team,the raises are terrible. Don't make the mistake of going to work for this company.
It was great driving around getting to see things
warehouse/driver (Former Employee), norfolk vaMarch 28, 2015
Pros: time goes fast when your driving making deliveries
Cons: gotta watch others on the road whikle driving
unload trucks with tires in a timely fashion. pick orders for the day. get them delivered to the stores. make sure no accidents at the jobs. 0 tolerance for accidents in the warehouse
Not a Good Place To Be....
e-Product Analyst (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Non
Cons: Top heavy with executive management
There is no work/life balance and no chance for advancement in this company. They are owned by 1-2 private equity firms and make it very clear that they do not care about their employees The work environment is dull. People are rude. Managers are incompetent and tend to bully - but are protected by HR.
Competitive and Well Structured
Outside Account Manager (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 18, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, vehicle allowance, enjoyable atmosphere
Overall a great company to work for. Originally took a position that moved me from Indianapolis, IN to Houston, TX and took another opportunity that moved me to Tulsa, OK.
Driver (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: got discount on tires
Cons: work to many hours one time i worked 134 hours in one pay period.
ATD was a good place to work ,you learn how to work with
others and with customer's and had good Experience. I was doing the work of two men by myself and it was just to much.
Productive and a fun work enviroment
Outside Account Manager (Former Employee), Mobile, ALFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: company vehicle and gas card
Cons: company benifits and 401k company match
I worked for ATD for many years and a had multiple good experiences with this company. I won many of trips and cruises with ATD for performance bonuses.
Productive, dedicated work force
Inside Account Manager - CSR (Current Employee), Canton, OHFebruary 23, 2015
Reaching out to customers selling large quantities of tires. One of the biggest hurdles is finding ways to separate yourself from the competition. We are all essentially selling the same products and use our sales staff and distribution to set us apart from the field. We are one of the top Tire Distributors across the country and take great pride in the sales and service we provide. We partner with each individual dealer to ensure they succeed in the retail market.
Good company
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Franklin, MAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: pay checks
Cons: short breaks, long hours
good company to work for if you have a lot of patience. Driving is not easy in MA. Good benefits. Decent pay. Co workers are supportive. But no advancement, just a job to get a check from till you find something better.
Seemed to be easier to assismilate if promoted from within
Outside Account Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MinnesotaFebruary 1, 2015
I enjoyed the relationships and sales contacts that i added to my book of business within the commercial and agricultural tire industry.
Ditributor
International Sales Administrator (Current Employee), Huntersville, ncJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: soft drinks, coffee, chocolate all free. nice lunch eareas
Cons: need more parking
Days are never boring, the majority of work is via email and computer. I have learned about tires & rims vehicle application and parts. Speaking with people all over the US and Internationally is the most enjoyable part of my job.
American Tire Distributors is very productive
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Shafter, CADecember 17, 2014
In the morning, we all conducted our morning stretches. We were then given our daily tasks or orders to be completed. Throughout the day as we completed our tasks we would call over the radio and we were given a new batch of orders. We then would help to load or unload trucks.
management is out of touch
warehouse associate. (Former Employee), Clinton, PADecember 3, 2014
Pros: good safety reward program and yearly safety bonus.
Cons: extremely short handed, unprofessional management, expensive insurance, poor raises.
The dc I worked in expanded and didn't prepare for the growth. The drivers,warehouse and office personnel are dedicated people at the mercy of out of touch managers who think everything is wonderful. I would not recommend working at this facility to anyone . Overall good company but this particular dc has no one to lead it in a positive direction.