American Tire Distributors

American Tire Distributors Employer Reviews

Productive & Fast Paced
Account Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaJune 23, 2014
Pros: tool provided to do the job (laptops and equipment provided)
Cons: having to deal with the bureaucracy.
We believe in team work and are a very fast paced company. ATD believes in training/preparing its employees for their roles in the company and provides the tools necessary to be the best salesman/businessman in the field.
Nice Work/Life Balance
Account Development Specialist (Current Employee), United StatesJune 2, 2014
Typical 8 hour days. Pleasant to work for and the compensation is good if you can average over 110% to plan
Great people to work with.
On-Line Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAMay 22, 2014
Pros: cookouts, company parties, very good atmosphere.
Cons: phycical environment bad, out of state corp. office not always in touch.
The day starts as soon as you set down and log in. I worked with online business accounts so I spent my time communicating with business owners both via email and on the phone. Worked closely with the customer's payment accounts. In between all the paperwork and computer work there was always time for some kind of company activity. In the summer there – more... were cook outs, in the winter the parties where held in the warehouse. They recognized birthdays, company anniversaries, and any other major milestone the warehouse management thought should be celebrated.
Co workers were great we all supported each other to make our jobs easier.
Hardest part of the job was the fact it was located in a massive tire warehouse. Even though the offices were in a completely separate building, within a building, breathing with all the tire dust was at times very difficult.
Most enjoyable was working with the great co-workers and customers. – less
Will not pay you what they are suppose to
Account Development Specialist (Former Employee), ColoradoMay 14, 2014
Pros: own schedule
Cons: frequent pay shortages
Its hard to say something positive when management hides behind HR to do their dirty work. Shorted on bonuses 3 times and have verifiable info to prove. Manager made a mistake and would not own up to it but cower down instead of standing up for his employee that helped him make a lot of money, went above and beyond even while in the turmoil of pay shortage. – more... Do not consider this company for any reason you will be disappointed. Expectations on objectives are unrealistic to benefit investors pockets. – less
Great Job but lacking in Career Advancement
Retail Merchandising Training Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 2, 2014
Pros: freedom from schedule
Cons: no advancement without relocation
Corporate accounts manager with over 180 accounts to train, manage and develop.
great wokplace and good people there
Delivery driver (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 19, 2014
Pros: great pay, looks out for employs, great beneifits
Cons: have and accident they will hurry up and try to get you out of there
they will teach you what you need to know and will listen and all around good people to work for
productive and overall good learning experience
Imaging Assistant (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCApril 17, 2014
a typical day at work consisted of sitting at a computer and invoicing and keying in invoice numbers for the various locations using the companies products, the co-workers were great very helpful, management was a little irritating in that my direct supervisor sent mixed singles as far as individual production and evaluations, the communication within – more... the department was lacking the job was pretty easy – less
Nice enviroment
Long Days
Customers
Hard labor
Driver (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: drive all day
Cons: heavy lifting
Load up delivery trucks with product and deliver to different venues
Productive Workplace
Key Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCJanuary 3, 2014
Handled Key Accounts. Entered payments, reconciled accounts and handled all customer service for key accounts
Great Company with Great Benefits
Corporate Account Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 27, 2013
Pros: work own schedule
Cons: compensation
Overall a Great place to work, however the upper mobility is lacking and the compensation is poor.
great company to work for!!
WAREHOUSE/DRIVER (Former Employee), Totowa, NJDecember 19, 2013
Pros: great benefits, plenty of overtime, hard physical labor!
Cons: getting laid off!!
Working at American Tire Distributors gave me the oppurtunity to work both in a team enviroment and individual. From working in the warehouse loading/unloading trucks, or driving on a daily route distributing tires and accessories to customers.
Enjoy working with DBD/MD/AD
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 11, 2013
Enjoy creating BI Reports to help them further their sales.
Overall good place to work.
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 18, 2013
Pros: company paid benefits.
We have incoming trucks everyday, and we also run 9 routes a day to wide delivery area in our territory.
The best job ever
Office Assistant / File Clerk (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 2, 2013
Pros: work reponsibilities kept me excited to come to work.
Cons: no health benefits
This was my very first office job and I loved it. The management and the employees were awesome. I felt like this was my family until I had to move on into a full time position.
The worst company I have ever worked for.
Account Development Specialist/Car Dealer Channel (Former Employee), NJSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: lavish dinners! lot's of partying!
Cons: unrealistic demands on time regarding written communications with customers and internal systems.
They promise you a pay plan and then switch it on you midstream and don't tell you. The car dealer channel manager is surly, argumentative, arrogant and very self serving. They do not care about their employees. The internal company motto is, "Don't you know who we are?"
Well established company, serving the US.
Class A Driver (Current Employee), Ellenwood, GASeptember 17, 2013
This company is dedicated to giving unparalleled customer service!
Ability to Multi-task
Operations Administrative Clerk (Current Employee), Clinton, PASeptember 5, 2013
A typical work day consists of working closely with warehouse and drivers. Working wiht customers to solve billing issues. Making sure all drivers and warehouse have proper paperwork. Main duties include accounts receviable and working customer pick up window. Management is easy to talk to we are like one big happy family. Most enjoyable part of my – more... position is interacting with customers. Hardest part of my job is multi-tasking, having to preform 3 tasks at the same time. – less
Not a place to have a career. To many upper managment.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAAugust 5, 2013
Cons: everything
Typical work day is unpleasant and long. Company works a skeleton crew on every shift. Never have enough drivers to cover the routes. Upper managment is more concerned about the next company retreat they get to go on. They will over look safety and other high priority concerns to keep the bottom line up. Co-workers are not happy, but many are unable – more... to leave because of the lack of companies hiring. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with upper managment and the company's un-realistic expectations. There is no enjoyment working for this company. They do nothing for the employees. No incentivies to work there. – less
Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Clinton, PAJuly 16, 2013
This type of work is hard on your body because of the long driving, unloading and loading merchandise into a truck but the company is fantastic. From a warehouse person to the top executive, they are understanding and treat you with respect as an employee.

1 2 3

About American Tire Distributors

Concerned about that upcoming "re-tire-ment"? Discount Tire, one of the largest independent tire dealers in the US, can provide – Read more