American Tire Distributors Employee Reviews

good company,bad management
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 23, 2017
Start at 7 a.m. pull tires for customer pickup or go to receiving depending on the workload. if receiving is good i will do cycle count.
at 11 we go to lunch 11:30 we pull routes.
then at 2 we pre-pull for the morning routes and before we leave we have to make sure everything we received today is put up
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
bad upper management
Not great but not terrible
Route Delivery Driver and Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJFebruary 18, 2017
Decent benefits but long hours and physical labor. A lot of overtime was available too. Drivers never know when their day is going to end. Routes are never accurate they rely on the driver to fix it. Not to bad a job but not great either. Company has good benefits and buys lunch for employees once a month.
Learned a lot and great people to work for
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 10, 2017
I was an administrative clerk and my manager gave me an opportunity seeing as how i did not have much job experience just getting my associates degree. He took a chance on me and I will forever be grateful for his faith in me! Both my managers treated me with respect and pushed me. The only con I would say is that there is not much room for advancement. They do give incentives for safety as well as a 401k and health benefits. They invested in me by sending me to NC to learn more about the CSR aspect if though that was not in my job title but it showed that I was valuable. For a military spouse, it's hard to get a good job and I had to move due to PCSing, but I will never ever forget the people or the management I worked with!
Pros
Great management, great teamwork, good experience
Cons
not much room for advancement
Friendly and caring atmosphere,
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 6, 2017
From day one you will be taught how to perform all aspects of your job title. Co-workers will teach and work closely with you to be able to perform 110% of your job duties.
Pros
Awesome place to work
Not bad
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 5, 2017
Decent place to work. New management came in November and changed routes. Barely getting 40 hours now. Normal day is 5am-230pm with 30 min lunch
Pros
Decent pay/benefits
Cons
People changing routes that are not familiar with the area
No chance of growth
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CentralJanuary 28, 2017
Working hard and showing dedication to ATD gets you nothing. Profit is all that matters. Micro management and no trust in employees. Profit over customer service.
Pros
Tire discounts
Cons
Micro management, little respect for employees, little advancement opportunities
job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  AZJanuary 25, 2017
great place to work but I'm looking for a job where i can grow in both position and pay rate. overall the experience i have gained there will help me move on to find a better job.
Use to be a Great Company, 2016 Management Destroyed That
ADS (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 24, 2017
Lies, Lies... No taught of a human being. New Management thinks that they know..but food industry practices don't apply. Thay will Lie to You to get You on Board......
Pros
Thay have tires
Warehouse Associate at ATD
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 19, 2017
The parent company seems caring and competent. The parent company has policies for equitable treatment of all employees. Unfortunately the local supervisory personnel are lacking in that same feeling.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Inept local supervisory personnel
Flexibility
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJanuary 17, 2017
Overall good foot in door company. Only thing is pay is less comparable to job market. Let's you move around, but limited upper management opportunities.
Pros
Flexibility, free benefits
Cons
Pay
If you want a family this job is not for you
Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 12, 2017
I changed shifts 4 times in one year. Having a family made it hard when switching shifts. It got to the point I only saw my family for 1hr a day.
Pros
Cons
everything
good place to work.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brownstown, MIJanuary 11, 2017
Great place to work at. Co-workers are awesome. Pay is good. Hours are nice. Typical day at work is about 20 stops on average.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Most memorable place of employment.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 7, 2017
This was a big challenge and I was able to overcome many obstacles to assist my salesmen. We accomplished our sales goals and brought more business to the company.

I would do this again!

Mary
Pros
Freedom to seek out new business.
Cons
Sometimes the weather can be a challenge i.e.: snow, rain, heat.
My experience
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 13, 2016
American Tire was a very physically and mentally challenging environment. Everyone there was very friendly and diplomatic.
The benefits are superb and overtime is available
Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MN 55416December 10, 2016
Health Insurance and 401k matching is very good. I've seen a lot of drivers come and go due to various reasons. If you're a dependable employee and your flexible with your hours. They will value you. Raises are respectable and there's always work to be done and hours to be had. The job can be tough on family life with all the hours but I like what I do.
Pros
Healthcare, 401k matching, and overtime.
Cons
Long days. Average advancement opportunities.
Great company to work for
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 28, 2016
Great company to work for with room to grow and advance. Good starting pay and multiple shifts and positions. Would recommend to people.
Productive fun workplace
Forklift/Reach Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Shafter, CANovember 27, 2016
I really enjoy working here , really positive and fun work environment. Really great management and team work. I learned alot while working here.
Good environment, a fun place to work and good surroundings
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 27, 2016
Overall good job
Good coworkers
A lot of overtime some days
Learned to order pick and pull & to ride clamp squeeze forklift and to be accurate at what we're doing.
Hardest park about the job was stacking the tires preparing to ship.
Cons
Short breaks
By far, one of the best companies I've ever worked for!
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 11, 2016
My time at ATD kept me both physically and mentally fit. Great work environment, from their clients to the hardworking and dedicated staff. Management prided itself in professionalism and was very safety oriented. By far, one of the best companies I've ever worked for!
Pros
Employee discounts and caring staff.
Cons
Traffic, traffic and more traffic.
Productive and fast paced environment
Admin Clerk (Current Employee) –  Clinton, PANovember 6, 2016
It is a very busy and face paced position. I love what I do but I don't have proper back up trained so all responsibilities of this position fall on me which makes things extremely stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Tire Distributors. Our community is ready to answer.

65%