American Tire Distributors

American Tire Distributors Employer Reviews

Worst management ever and their clueless
warehouse (Former Employee), knoxvilleMarch 30, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
management sucks! From the top to the bottom of the management team,the raises are terrible. Don't make the mistake of going to work for this company.
It was great driving around getting to see things
warehouse/driver (Former Employee), norfolk vaMarch 28, 2015
Pros: time goes fast when your driving making deliveries
Cons: gotta watch others on the road whikle driving
unload trucks with tires in a timely fashion. pick orders for the day. get them delivered to the stores. make sure no accidents at the jobs. 0 tolerance for accidents in the warehouse
Not a Good Place To Be....
e-Product Analyst (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Non
Cons: Top heavy with executive management
There is no work/life balance and no chance for advancement in this company. They are owned by 1-2 private equity firms and make it very clear that they do not care about their employees The work environment is dull. People are rude. Managers are incompetent and tend to bully - but are protected by HR.
Competitive and Well Structured
Outside Account Manager (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 18, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, vehicle allowance, enjoyable atmosphere
Overall a great company to work for. Originally took a position that moved me from Indianapolis, IN to Houston, TX and took another opportunity that moved me to Tulsa, OK.
Driver (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: got discount on tires
Cons: work to many hours one time i worked 134 hours in one pay period.
ATD was a good place to work ,you learn how to work with
others and with customer's and had good Experience. I was doing the work of two men by myself and it was just to much.
Productive and a fun work enviroment
Outside Account Manager (Former Employee), Mobile, ALFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: company vehicle and gas card
Cons: company benifits and 401k company match
I worked for ATD for many years and a had multiple good experiences with this company. I won many of trips and cruises with ATD for performance bonuses.
Productive, dedicated work force
Inside Account Manager - CSR (Current Employee), Canton, OHFebruary 23, 2015
Reaching out to customers selling large quantities of tires. One of the biggest hurdles is finding ways to separate yourself from the competition. We are all essentially selling the same products and use our sales staff and distribution to set us apart from the field. We are one of the top Tire Distributors across the country and take great pride in the sales and service we provide. We partner with each individual dealer to ensure they succeed in the retail market.
Good company
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Franklin, MAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: pay checks
Cons: short breaks, long hours
good company to work for if you have a lot of patience. Driving is not easy in MA. Good benefits. Decent pay. Co workers are supportive. But no advancement, just a job to get a check from till you find something better.
Seemed to be easier to assismilate if promoted from within
Outside Account Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MinnesotaFebruary 1, 2015
I enjoyed the relationships and sales contacts that i added to my book of business within the commercial and agricultural tire industry.
Ditributor
International Sales Administrator (Current Employee), Huntersville, ncJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: soft drinks, coffee, chocolate all free. nice lunch eareas
Cons: need more parking
Days are never boring, the majority of work is via email and computer. I have learned about tires & rims vehicle application and parts. Speaking with people all over the US and Internationally is the most enjoyable part of my job.
American Tire Distributors is very productive
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Shafter, CADecember 17, 2014
In the morning, we all conducted our morning stretches. We were then given our daily tasks or orders to be completed. Throughout the day as we completed our tasks we would call over the radio and we were given a new batch of orders. We then would help to load or unload trucks.
management is out of touch
warehouse associate. (Former Employee), Clinton, PADecember 3, 2014
Pros: good safety reward program and yearly safety bonus.
Cons: extremely short handed, unprofessional management, expensive insurance, poor raises.
The dc I worked in expanded and didn't prepare for the growth. The drivers,warehouse and office personnel are dedicated people at the mercy of out of touch managers who think everything is wonderful. I would not recommend working at this facility to anyone . Overall good company but this particular dc has no one to lead it in a positive direction.
Management sucks!
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Moorpark, CAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: the employees, pay and benefits
Cons: manager
The company was okay to work for but the management sucked. She was the worst manager I've ever had.
Very competitive great selling atmosphere
Outside Account Manager (Former Employee), Totowa, NJOctober 21, 2014
Pros: compensation, benifits
Cons: general manager turnover rate, no stability
Everday I was responsible to see anywhere form 5-10 cutomers. Mission was to findways to add value to there operations. Offer programs to help there tire buying experence abd to make more back end money.
Busy work place, before you know it the day is gone
Business Administration /Accounting (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 10, 2014
Pros: free insurance
Cons: no room for advancement
Loved the people I worked with. very friendly and very customer oriented
This was a great company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Ellenwood, GASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, great work life, free lunch occasionally
Cons: low pay, no room for advancement
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company; however, the pay was too low and there was no room for advancement.
productive work environment
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee), Clinton, PASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: descent pay
Cons: alot of hours on the road driving and then driving home
come in to work start loading trucks to get them out on time, since I was the last one to leave I would help load every one else truck and then load mine. then check my truck make sure its safe to drive , check lights oil etc. then drive to all my stops and deliver tires to customers, usually 18 stops on average in the morning then come back. load 6-7 trucks for the afternoon routes including mine and go back out and deliver tires again. come back, park truck , turn in paper work and money to cashier and go home. I learned how to be more aware of what's going on around you when driving. my co workers were okay. some were fun and some moody. the hardest part of the job was loading truck on Tuesday mornings doing $$$,$$$.$$ in just the morning in tire sales. every truck usually was late on Tuesdays because of so many tires going out on trucks. most enjoyable part of the job was just sitting and talking about things that you saw or experienced on the job.
n/a
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), El Paso, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Hard work but very rewording if you are dedicated. Great medical benefits and life insurance policies. More than enough opportunity to advance in your career
Good place overall to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: free drinks, once a month free breaksfast or lunch
Nice place to work... 2 breaks a day plus an hour lunch.. Understanding team
American Tire Distributors
Lead City Driver (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 23, 2014
Pros: great working environment, ability to move up, great management and warehouse comradery
Cons: long hot days long cold days in winter, dirty job
It's a good company. They are willing to train employees for other positions and promote from within first.
A typical day in the beginning. I arrive to work, strap on the safety harnesses and pull the orders for delivery. Load the trucks, verifying each and every item on the list.
After the trucks left. I would then go to aid others in unloading tires and auto parts and putting them into the correct bins.
Once I started driving one route I had to learn others due to other factors.Eventually, I learned all the City routes within 80 miles of the Nashville area. Because of this I was able to train new drivers on the safest and quickest routes. Training new employees on the use of Cherry Pickers, Forklifts(Standard and pincher), Inventory and Customer Service.
Eventually, The Upper Management decided to bring in a few people to make it run more efficiently. A new software was used to make the routes run more efficiently.
Eventually, drivers just made deliveries and Warehouse workers worked the warehouse. Fortunately, I knew both and could understand when things didn't happen as expected or when the part was not available.

1 2 3 4

About American Tire Distributors

Concerned about that upcoming "re-tire-ment"? Discount Tire, one of the largest independent tire dealers in the US, can provide – Read more

American Tire Distributors Salaries