American Tire Distributors Employee Reviews

Sales (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 8, 2016
This company was a good place to work, co-workers friendly, salary and the benefits are average for company of this size
Hard Work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2016
Very exhausting Job. Very hot. Great Team Great Management. Consistent work. Hard Work. I learned detailed information about tires.
Your just a number
Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 21, 2015
The whole company runs on numbers and when it comes to it the employees might as well have barcodes and a $ value on a name tag. Even after 10 years of loyal service to the company.
Pros
compensation
Cons
Jerry Knapp. Market Director. Live to work attitude.
Co-workers
Warehouse and Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 4, 2015
excellent company to work for! positive atmosphere. Great management. Great benefits. great opportunities for advancement and transfers.
Pros
great training
Cons
very physical job
Great Fun Place
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCNovember 14, 2015
Great to Work for. Fun and happy people with a star management team. I highly recommend working here. Management cares about everything and every one.
Pros
Everything is good
Cons
None!!!!
Very bad place to work. manager are very laxed and lie to you about your job responsiblities.
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 9, 2015
I worked there a day and they told me i was going to be driving a delivery truck. that was a lie the had me unloading big trailers full of all source of very heavy tires and wanted me to drive cherry pickers. then i left and the place didn't want to give me my check after it was pay day. had to go over board just to get paid for my labor.
Pros
Cons
poor management and work place
Deliver Tires
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Bedford, OHNovember 8, 2015
When I first clock into work I would find out all my stops to were I would have to deliver tires that day, then I would assist in picking my tires to put on the truck for delivery.
Atd
Senior Business Analyst - Finance (Current Employee) –  huntersville, ncNovember 2, 2015
Heavy use of consultants, still trying to utilize full time employees effectively. Work hours steady. Users change business requirements frequently.
there a fast and busy work place
Forklift operator,warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 20, 2015
I enjoyed every day working here the speed the excitement of wanting to know whats next to do,I had learned alot about the tires and what it meant to keep customers satisfied,the managers always was on top of whats going on and how to improve business,co-workers made you feel important as part of the team,making sure to have everybody's order ready pulled and to be loaded was a challenge because you never knew what was being ordered,what i enjoyed was the rush of the day pulling orders and loading trucks
Pros
stayed on task and busy
Cons
wached learned and applied what they learned
Micromanage
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 14, 2015
Warehouse perspective:
Typical day off load tires, load tires on pallets, put tires in respective bins. Easy job, lots of heavy lifting, great workout. Warehouse co-workers are great to work along.

Hardest part- time away from family.

Delivery Driver perspective:
Assigned route, delivery tires to customers, get to know them. Not very sociable with actual co-workers depending on routes. Enjoyed seeing all different parts of Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Nevada.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Micromanage, delivery drivers are lazy, supervisors are useless
High expectations from employees, almost unreachable
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 10, 2015
It is an okay company to work for but you don't have any opportunity for advancement or to get raises really.gjsg;drg;orjorj;oyjerojrojgwo
Pros
they buy lunchs during meeting
Cons
heath care short lunch
Great place to work for
Warehouse Operative / Tire Transporter (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 2, 2015
Good place to work for. Tons of training and over time is abundant. Only downfall is no advancement within company they always hire outside for management positions.
an excellent environment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 9, 2015
Overall a great team environment between the office, sales ,warehouse and drivers staff personnel. Very much a family type of setting. Working with our customers has been very rewarding to get to know them on a personal/professional level. As a driver we are required to drive a lot of miles in shift. Oppertunities to move within the company are very limited for enhancing ones career path.
Pros
enjoy working with the staff and the customers that we deliver too.
Cons
Extremely hard on your body over a length of time.
the worst job i ever had
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 8, 2015
Poor management no work home balance hidden pays scales poor raises management goes out the way to show u they don't care about the employee you are just a number favoritism and borderline racism too I wouldn't refer anyone to this company
SQL BI Developer
SQL BI Developer (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCAugust 20, 2015
Responsibilites:
• Created Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes, User defined Functions, Constraints etc. on various database objects to obtain the required results by using T-SQL
• Actively involved in writing T-SQL Programming for implementing Stored Procedures and Functions and views for different tasks
• Experience in Error handling and debugging coding issues and troubleshoot production problems
• Designed dynamic SSIS Packages to transfer data crossing different platforms, validate data during transferring, and archived data files for different DBMS
Fun people to work with
Warehouse Manager/Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTJuly 31, 2015
A typical day at American Tire for me as a driver, is showing up to work around 7am, then getting in my work truck and starting a delivery route. I would usually have anywhere from 15-30 stops per day, and I would get done anywhere from 3-5 most days. I learned how to manage people and be a team player. I learned to focus on my own work and not worry about what others were doing. The hardest part of the job is when people called in sick, and we would have to stay and help in the warehouse by unloading and putting tires away in the racks. The most enjoyable part of the job was being out and about delivering tires to different places.
American Tire Distributors
Inspector of Product Adjustments (Current Employee) –  Maiden, NCJuly 11, 2015
Handle warranty claims which includes interaction between dealers, vendors as well as consumers. Handle company warranty related emails and phone calls in a time sensitive manner.
benefits
i love this job
Driver/Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  richmondJuly 9, 2015
I love it its fun just need more money the job is getting slow I want to get with a company that's have good benfet this company is a good company to work for
good place to wor at ,exercise while working
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 2, 2015
nothing out of this world just load and unload tires from the trucks,stack them inside the warehouse, drive the fork lifts back and forth,deal with fed ex orders and make sure they go to the correct customer,employees are fun to work with
Pros
free lunches, drinks and a great manager
Cons
some tires are just too heavy
I like a challange and hands on exprience with my position..
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 18, 2015
I love to feel in control of my position in getting my task done.. I like to make my supervisor and company look good with m job performance.. I work extremely well with others even thou I do like to be ahead of the game with performance.. I work very well in high pace environments..
Pros
bonuses
Cons
poor mangement