American Tower Employee Reviews

Wonderful opportunity
LANDLORD RELATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MANovember 16, 2017
I enjoyed the level of training and information provided to you- really helped promote your personal and professional growth while educating you about the internal and external process, company goals and ethics encouraged.
administrative assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 7, 2017
the company was great. small but great benefits. would work there again. the culture was well balanced. benefits were great as well. management was well trained.
Ok
Lease Administration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 7, 2017
The work is ok, however the amount of change that happens isn't effective. Also, there is never any direction on what the next steps are. I have learned a great deal about the telecommunications industry as well as project management.
Great people and company
Tower Climber (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2017
The best management and people I have worked for and it was a pleasure learning from them I wish the outcome would have been different because I still would have been there.
Typical Hamster Wheel
Network Operations Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 30, 2017
Director's hire controllable managers who in turn hire unimaginative supervisors who encourage conformity and group-think. Creativity is not invited.
Pros
Free bagels on payday Friday.
Good Benefits and Work Culture
Business Intelligence Lead (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 30, 2017
Good company to work for with great benefits. Work culture is positive with lot of opportunities to grow if you are willing to relocate. Additionally it always looks good on resume to work for a Fortune 500 firm.
It was a long time ago
Contract HR Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 27, 2017
It was such a long time ago I can't recall. What I do recall that the people that I worked with were very pleasant and always willing to help. Great training,
Pros
I dont know
Cons
I dont know
Good company I am sure but was not for me.
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 26, 2017
Hostile take - over. Prior to my employment there, American Tower had just acquired another cell tower real estate company and inherited 100% of its workforce. Those workers who decided to stay, were not happy with the new management and that created tension between the employees especially with temps like me. The senior real estate specialists were rude, impatient and inconsistent with their performance and expectations of me as a new project specialist. I had only a few hours of training and basically had to train myself. Despite all that, I was willing to endure the adversity and strived to make a career at American Tower. I suffered a rear end collision 3 months into my employment with American Tower and had to take a few days off for treatment and diagnostic imaging. Internal memos suggested I would be a permanent employee at the time. While I was at my imaging appointment, my temp agency call and told me that American Tower would not take me on as a permanent employee.
Pros
Great location; close to hwy and eateries, great parking, clean, professional environment, exposure to billion dollar real estate market
Cons
Poor management, unfriendly work environment, no job security, misleading expectactions
Large Company
Lease Reconciliation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAOctober 4, 2017
American Tower is a large telecom infrastructure company that operates in 15 countries all over the world. It has a market capitalization of $60 billion.
Challenges and Learning Opportunities but Low Pay and Limited Advancement Opportunity
Senior Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAOctober 3, 2017
I have learned and developed many marketable skills at American Tower. There are always new challenges and projects to work on so employees often stay busy. However, pay is below market and there aren't many opportunities for advancement unless you have political / social capital. This is the type of place where you get ahead based on who you know as opposed to what you can do.

Want to know more about American Tower?

Ask a question
Great Job
Re-build Project Manager Permanent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2017
My job as Regional Rebuild and Rehab Project Manager for the Northeast Region was fun and satisfying. I was responsible for upgrading 27 tower sites in 5 states. As part of my job I had to visit each site, supervise the tower climb and inspection, gather and develop field data for site upgrade and development, contact contractors and adjudicate contracts for remediation or new build projects. I spent 80-90% of my time on the road gathering information or overseeing site work. The hardest part of the job was getting the main office to execute my permits so my work could be done. The most satisfying part was to see a site that had been overlooked or off line for a number of years back on line.
Pros
In the field 80-90% of the time.
Cons
None.
American Tower
NOC Systems Admin (Current Employee) –  Marlboro MASeptember 8, 2017
A good company to work for with great benefits. People are extremely helpful. Lots of team concepts & building. Able to work from home as they supply all the needed essentials
Pros
Work from home on occasion
Fun to work at but stressfull
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MASeptember 7, 2017
Very stressful. My beginning years at American tower great but then slowly it became hard to work there. Every one complains about others. there is no appreciation for handworkers.
Good place
Structural Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 5, 2017
It’s a good company to work for with great people and great benefits. The culture is positive and the people are friendly. It is worth experiencing fast pace industry.
Productive and good place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 5, 2017
I enjoyed working with American Tower however the sub office had closed and the only option was to relocate. I learned a lot from being new to the Wireless Industry.
Pros
Flexible with time
Cons
Relocation wasn't a fit for me
Great Office
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 21, 2017
I love this job too it was a great office the management team was great! They do a lot of fun stuff for employees to keep them there. I love this job
Pros
Great Pay Great Vacation Great Manager
Cons
To many young manager
Excellent but cold and distant
CADD Drafter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2017
Great company all around but the Dallas, Texas office management was cold and distant at best. Management needs to work on their people skills and the company, as a whole, needs their offices to be closer to Mass Transit where available. I had to ride a bike 2 miles to the office from the nearest transit stop for 3 weeks until my car was fixed. Also, compensation for the transit passes would be awesome. Other than that, its a fine place to work.
Pros
Great co-workers, optimal conditions, safety and enviromentally consious, great learning and advancement opportunities
Cons
no mass transit compensation, some offices difficult to get to, cold and distant management
Fast paced and productive environment
Senior Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2017
Fact paced and family oriented work environment with great employee benefits. Great Senior leadership team with an eye on constant evolution. While headquarters are based in Massachusetts, Senior Management team travels frequently to Atlanta to hold town hall meetings to gauge employee atmosphere.
Benefits
Cons
Fast paced
Great Thriving Company
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 15, 2017
I enjoyed being part of this dynamic team. American Tower is an amazing thriving company. I was layed off on 8/1/2017 when the Boca Raton Offices were closed.
Great Workplace, Great Benefits
SENIOR PARALEGAL (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2017
Great Workplace, Great Benefits. The most enjoyable part of my job is to reach our quarterly goals with the team I am part of. Team collaboration is great within the department I am work under.
Pros
Great Working Environment, Great Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Tower. Our community is ready to answer.