American Tower

American Tower Employee Reviews

Nice coworkers with disorganized business practices
IT Project Manager (Former Employee), Woburn, MAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Nice coworkers, 40 hour weeks
Cons: Disorganized, management
American Tower has great people working for them, but the business practices make for complications in projects that could be avoided. The IT group is kept in the dark about changes that impact them directly, as the business meets separately and brings IT in at the last minute. BAs feel they are the ones running the IT projects, instead of the project managers. Senior level project managers are filling roles that a project coordinator could handle.
decent
Paralegal - Contracts Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2015
Challenging work but steady contractual work. management wasn't nice but co-workers were nice. No chance for promotion or increase in pat
Excelent work ethics
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Stafford, TXMay 4, 2015
Extremely good company to work for. I was laid off after 9/11 due to the major lack of work. There were over 100 lay offs. I loved the job I had because it involved many different jobs! The co-workers were all awesome and we worked as a team.
fun
Line installer (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: tiring
a lot of things to do but they are fun. employees are awesome and working for long periods of time is great as well. the best part is working
No room for growth, individual bases, poor company culture.
Legal Coordinator (Former Employee), Woburn, MAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: insurance
Cons: company culture
The work there is not challenging, and there is very little room for growth. People are not very team oriented at all, and the company culture is very weird and seclusive. Would not recommend.
company house
tower hand (Former Employee), okFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: worked with older guys that been doin this along time
Cons: started the day at ten most of the time
had company house for employees wifes and kids worked all week home on weekends take care of your family and company outings for independence day
Temp employee reveiw
Data Management Billing Coordinator (Temporary) (Former Employee), Woburn, MAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: friendly workers
Cons: boring work
It was a job you could go and do your job, not be micromanaged, and you were kept busy doing all of the "boring" work, but it kept you busy. People were mostly friendly. It was a huge company and you don't exactly get to meet everyone, but the people in my group were nice and we all got along great!
ATC is a Good Company..
ENGINEER DAS RF-Consultant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2015
Have Good Presence in USA & friendly environment to work or learn.
Awesome atmosphere, team orientated company with opportunities to advance
Civil Engineer I (Current Employee), Cary, NCJanuary 5, 2015
I really like working at American Tower. The atmosphere is amazing and the office is a close knit team that solves problems together.
No Job Security for Contractor
RF Engineer (Current Employee), Cary, NCDecember 29, 2014
Pros: overall a good place to work for.
Cons: nothing such
It is a very good place to work with very good work culture and management. But as a contractor no Job security.
Fun work environment but no job security
Project Specialist (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLDecember 1, 2014
Great place to work and all the people that work there are fun and efficient. The hardest part of this job was their is too much work for the team they have in place. They have to much work for so little people hire by them.
Very bad job culture
Report Developer (Former Employee), Burlington, MANovember 17, 2014
It was the worst place I worked for. Not good....The company culture was unacceptable.
Mostly High School Educated Manager
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 12, 2014
Pros: christmas always finds a fresh $100 bill sent to you and a card as well !
Cons: untrained managers without college educations, upper managers hire their friends only, military experience gets promotions !!!!
A typical work day was always over 12 hours. Managers lack of understanding objectives, found work flows being worked more than once to get the work gathered and reported. Managers divide co-workers so they don't get to know each other or talk about the way the Managers organize and schedule work and work flows.Using out dated software was common place/ integration of new software meant working old software and it's problems repeatedly . Hardest part of job, always having to re-work work and dealing with co-workers who have little training or experience. Most enjoyable traveling to remote place and seeing the countryside without much or any safety equipment for employees to use ordepend on.
Account Project Manager (Current Employee), Woburn, MANovember 9, 2014
Competitive benefits, friendly coworkers, and challenging environment.
Great tax team
Tax Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 2, 2014
I received great trainings from outstanding accounting and tax professionals. After the busy provision and compliance season, I gained a great deal of knowledge in Tax Provision and International Tax.
Management is inaccessible and vapid
Contract Attorney (Former Employee), Woburn, MAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: great coffee and some free lunches.
Cons: absolute and total boredom.
A typical day 4 hours of solitaire, lunch, 3 hours of minesweeper. I never had anything to do. I requested assignments from managers and was referred to other managers or told to set up meetings to discuss assignments. Management was rude and hoarding work to attain accolades. Co-workers were great but at my level - junior attorney they were bored too, just using this job as a stepping stone. Hardest part of the job was the boredom - I quit. The most enjoyable part of the job was the lunchroom, it was quite nice and stocked well.
Solid flow of work
Project Specialist Network Development (Former Employee), Woburn, MAOctober 14, 2014
resources were readily available. Good variety in projects to work on.
Interesting place
NOC Engineer (Former Employee), Cary, NCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: new place, nice work place
Not a perfect place, but was interesting
what you learned: a lot about towers
management: midle levels
your co-workers: strange people
Great company to work for.
Site Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLAugust 11, 2014
Pros: support from supervisiors 24/7
ATC is a fantastic company. Very fast paced and rewarding. Enjoyed meeting with landlords in securing property for cell site/tower placement. Compensation based upon commission.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cash Applications Specialist (Current Employee), Woburn, MAJuly 29, 2014
I work on the Cash Application Team. I take all the Cash that comes in and apply it to the correct invoice. The software we use is Oracle.

I enjoy working with my team and management. They have all been very helpful and I think we all work well together in trying to reach our goals.

The hardest part of the job would be it can be very over-whelming at times due to high volume of cash coming in.

The part I enjoy the most is working with my team.

1 2 3

About American Tower

American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless – Read more

American Tower Salaries