American Traveler Staffing Professionals

American Traveler Staffing Professionals Employer Reviews

Very low morale
CIT (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 5, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers that understand your plight
Cons: excessive micromanaging from upper management.
Morale is very low due to the lack of proper management and training. The hardest part of the job is the amount of time spent protecting and documenting and backing up every thing you do. It is hard to focus on productivity and getting the job done when its a constant microscope. The company also lacks upward mobility.
this workplace is one of the best I have been invovled with
surgical tech (Former Employee), billings montanaMarch 4, 2015
I work extremely hard at this facility but it is so enjoyable because the people and management both are fantastic. My day starts at 7 am and goes clear to 5:30 pm but I love it. My co-workers are wonderful and very helpful. I feel the hardest part of my job is the fact that I have spent 38 years in my career and sometimes it is difficult to stand, but oh well. I do love the extra day off during the week.
Great first experience as a travel nurse with this company!
Travel Nurse (Current Employee), UtahFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: quick payroll department, great recruiters, online documents and job searching, quick responses to needs, communicates well
Cons: health insurance, no completion bonus or loyalty bonus
This is my first year as a travel nurse and this is the first company I have used for assignments. I am satisfied with my experience and place to continue traveling with American Traveler as long as they have my desired locations.
excellent travel experience
Traveling Operating Room Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 16, 2015
travel nursing has been a great way to explore a new city, meet new people, and get exposure to a new patient population and perform new surgical cases.
Professional people, amazing experience
Pediatric ED RN (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 13, 2014
Pros: experiences/travel, friendly staff
Cons: don't cover mandatory things like flu shots and ppds
I've thoroughly appreciated the experience I've had with American traveler. I signed up with 5 travel nurse companies and American traveler has always found me jobs the fastest. My recruiter and her assistant are always available to help however they can and have been so awesome to work with. The experiences are priceless and I have few complaints (they don't pay for some mandatory things like flu shots and PPDs but many other companies are the same).
Great company to work for.
RN (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCNovember 11, 2014
Being new to American Traveler my recruiter has been great and follows up with me weekly to see if I need anything or have questions. She is a great resource and very helpful. I enjoy being challenged by new environments and learning how other places function.
Only travel nurse company for me
RN travel nurse (Current Employee), currently central IllinoisOctober 10, 2014
Pros: travel company seeing the country is the best
Cons: having to work
I have worked exclusively for this company since starting my travel nurse career and love them. I can reach someone anytime and have any question responded to quickly! My recruiter is amazing and straightforward. I have recommended this company to my friends looking to travel!
They have made a loyal employee of me!
ED RN (Current Employee), USAOctober 9, 2014
My recruiter is always available to me. The housing dept manager gave me her personal cell phone when I was moving in on a Saturday once so I could reach her if I had any problems. I have never had issues with them that weren't resolved that same day, usually within an hour or two. To be honest, most of my "problems" have been minor things that were mere inconveniences. My recruiter has been so gracious, I've left the agency twice for jobs that were in areas that they didn't have posting in at the time, but I keep coming back. What other recruiter calls to wish you well and check on you when you are with a different agency?! I recommend American Traveler to every travel nurse (or potential traveler!) that I come across.
Fun travel job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLSeptember 27, 2014
Great pay and prompt to handle any concerns I had while I was away from home
Good recruiter to work with
Travel Staff RN (Former Employee), Salem, VAAugust 19, 2014
I got to work different areas of the country and do a lot of sightseeing.
Learning to Grow in a Professional Environment
Email Marketing Specialist/ Junior Webmaster (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: good environment
I have been working at American Traveler Staffing Professionals full-time for a little over a year.
The people here are good to work with and are willing to help every step of the way. Since this is my first full time job out of university it is good to learn what it's like to work in a professional environment. I like to be kept busy and so far it's been a good experience for me.
Flexible workplace with great opportunity to learn about a sales career
Sales Associate/ Trainee (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Working with recruiters as a trainee has given me the opportunity to learn more about sales and how to connect with prospects at a more personal level to be able to help them pursue their career in nursing. Very satisfying career and challenging which keeps me on my toes!
The management team is helpful with an open door policy.
friendly, helpful recruiter
Travel Dialysis RN (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 27, 2014
It has been pleasure working with American Traveler! I would work for them again.
Flexible schedules
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: travel assignments
Cons: temporary work, no paid time off or sick leave.
I have enjoyed my contract at Sarasota Memorial Medical Center. They are a great group to work with.
Very Poor Professional Experience
Recruiter (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 5, 2014
This is a call center job at its outset. 80-100 calls/day at the very least. Some people are polite and helpful, but most are doing their own thing. You essentially have 90 days to start producing or you're out, something that is not told to you when you start. New people start literally every week and people leave/get fired every week. Very poor work environment to come into.

They are not up front about the job at first, or the expectations that you will be held to. Some employees steal leads from others - especially new employees. There is NO job security at all.

If you are looking to do recruiting, I would suggest looking elsewhere.
Great place to work, I feel like I really matter!
Sales (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLDecember 20, 2013
Pros: incentives for performance are very achievable
Cons: competitive business, always have to be on my game
I just celebrated my 5 year anniversary. The best decision I ever made was to leave the environment I had been working in and join this company where I have a career, not a job. My co-workers are always pleasant, management works hard along side of us and is always supportive. I am expected to work hard and get results but I am given the tools and motivation to do that. I feel good when I go home at night because I gave my best next to others who also gave their best.
Great company for training and career advancement
Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLDecember 19, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: none - offices are surrounded by great retail and restaurants.
Company offers extensive training and development on the healthcare industry staffing marketplace, recruitment of healthcare professionals, client service and business development.

Co-workers are supportive and enjoy mentoring new employees and recent grads. Workplace has a teamwork environment and healthy balance of work and fun.

I enjoy working with professionals who care about providing top notch client service.
nice condo provided safe living area
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLDecember 10, 2013
Pros: free condo
Cons: contract ended
loved the area friendly neighbors close to work access to airport shopping center near great beach close by
Enjoyable place to work
NA (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 24, 2013
Pros: fun staff
As an American Traveler employee for over twelve years, I can honestly say that I enjoy coming to work every day. The employees are nice and the management has been great to me. I hope to have many more years of employment with American Traveler.
Rewarding, Supportive and Welcoming Work Environment
Sales Administrator (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 23, 2013
Having worked for many diverse industries and types of workplaces throughout my own work history, I can truly say that American Traveler is at the top of my list of best places to work.

This is a work environment in which I feel valued and where my contributions are recognized and appreciated. Undoubtedly, this is a sales-driven business and there are pressures that go along with that, however, it's been my experience that despite this, the work enviornment is positive and comfortable with a natural comaraderie among the staff (at all levels).

From my perspective, as a supporting team member, the management values their employees, is accessible at all times, welcomes suggestions and feedback from employees and provides ample opportunities for training and advacement.

About American Traveler Staffing Professionals

American Traveler is a travel nursing agency that delivers unparalleled service to travel nurses and hospital clients alike. As – Read more

American Traveler Staffing Professionals Photos