American Traveler Staffing Professionals

American Traveler Staffing Professionals Employee Reviews

Its ok job they will fire you on short notice
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 15, 2016
is pretty mean, fake smile be careful with her. Very tiring... then don't honor there compensation package. sdfdsfsdf
Awesome company! Very helpful staff!
Traveleing Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJune 16, 2016
So many great things to say about this company. Everyone I have communicated with has made me feel that I was their number one priority. Quick responses to any questions I had. My first travel assignment and it has been seamless! From the start, I was comfortable and confident! Thank you American Traveler!
Pros
Quick response. Great communication!
Cons
None.
Great company to work for!
CST (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJune 16, 2016
I feel like this company has the best of the best and am proud to be a part of a great company. Compensation is great and they make it easy for me to transition. I like how I get my questions answered right away and the support they provide.
Central Florida assignment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 12, 2016
Joined this company for a travel assignment in central Florida. Everything a traveler would want and expect from a recruiter; this company has it
Pros
More location opportunities
Wouldn't recommend
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 7, 2016
a typical day - call 150 nurses a day
if you have 10 nurses consistently working for you - you are good
loved going home - a few people were really mean - stealing your leads and management let them get away it - didn't like that environment at all.
Pros
paid well if enough nurses working for you
Cons
Cut throat workers steal leads and Management okay with it
Best decision ever
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 24, 2015
Love the company, every one is so profecional and so nice!! Best decision ever.. They alway make sure you are comfortable and like your assignment..
Pros
Everyone is so nice
Cons
Nothing so far
Reliable and supportive
Travel RN - Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 23, 2015
American Traveler has done a fabulous job for me. The true test is how an agency handles things when problems arise. A hospital cancelled my contract 4 days before I was to start. American Traveler was there for me, makings sure I had a place to stay and immediately finding me a new contract. No days lost. They have been with me every step of the way, especially my recruiter, Michele Retzlaff.
Productive, great place to work and establish a long term career
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 17, 2015
American Traveler goes above and beyond to do all they can to provide you with the necessary tools and support to assist you with your long term career goals. It is a family oriented and fun work atmosphere. Many of the recruiters and staff have been here for a long time.
Amazing experience!
CST (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 9, 2015
I have had the best experience with American Traveler. I am new to traveling and I could not have asked for a better company to start with. My recruiter is AWESOME! She truly cares about me and my assignments.
Pros
Working anywhere in the U.S.
Cons
Great job for recent graduates!
CIT (Current Employee) –  Boca RatonSeptember 3, 2015
The Consultant in Training program was very hands on and gave me all the tools I needed to be a successful Consultant. The transition from college to working at American Traveler has been very smooth. I enjoy going into work every day and am constantly busy throughout the day without a dull moment. Every day is different which makes the weeks fly by! It is a great work environment and the managers are very supportive and friendly. There is lots of room for growth if you work hard and help the company grow as a whole.
Great Workplace for Motivated Recruiters
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 1, 2015
Being a recruiter at American Traveler has been a great experience for me. As a recruiter, I have developed my sales and customer service skills and been exposed to new situations and challenges on a daily basis. I have learned to be successful under pressure, a skill that is as useful outside of the office as within. As far as the money goes, if you are motivated and disciplined, you definitely have the opportunity to make more money as a recruiter here than you would at most jobs with similar hiring qualifications. The job is stressful, but the corporate staff is supportive and hard work is rewarded. Also, the company often promotes from within, meaning that there is the option of career advancement.

On a less serious note, the company celebrates EVERYTHING with food, which is awesome.
Best Decision I Have Ever Made
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boca RatonAugust 10, 2015
I have been working at American Traveler about a year now and working for this company has been the best decision I have ever made. I turned down a job offer from another company to work for American Traveler and I have never looked back. I enjoy coming into work everyday because there is always a new challenge to conquer and the people are a joy to work with. This company has enabled me to improve on all my skills, in and out of the office. They answer any questions I have and support me in my growth within the company. The most appealing aspect of the company is the opportunity for upward mobility. Succeeding in my career is my ultimate goal and I have found a great fit. I highly recommend anyone to apply and take a chance like I did. There are so many possibilities within this company.
Pros
Positive work environment, upward mobility, friendly & encouraging management
Friendly Company
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 9, 2015
American Travelers Staffing Professional was a good company to work for. Friendly people and good management. I left the company due to a better job offer at the time and more stability.
horrible
Employment Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 6, 2015
the management team is horrible. you will stay in your position forever and they will hire new people to manage you. and you end up training that person crazy!
Pros
nothing
Cons
not stable
Great company
RN Med/Surg, Tele Travel Assignments (Current Employee) –  Boca Ratan, FLAugust 5, 2015
I am a travel RN relocating every 3 months. Depending on contract depended on my shift. Med Surg Tele floors, and floated to med/oncology at some assignments.
Travel Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 2, 2015
I am a travel nurse with this company. I am on my first assignment. I like my recruiter and overall I have had no issues with job placement.
Love American Traveler!
RN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 29, 2015
The last two years have been the best of my life and I have American Traveler to thank for it! This agency has given me the opportunity to not only travel all over the U.S., but work in some of the country's best hospitals including Yale University and Mayo Clinic. I have expanded my nursing skills a great deal due to all the different environments I have practiced in. My recruiters Karen Stegeman and Kayla Anthony are pretty much rock stars in my eyes and I'm so beyond blessed to have these two on my side! They know exactly what I want and will stop at nothing until it becomes a reality (like spending all day on the phone with the Board of Nursing trying to put a rush on license approval so I wouldn't have to miss my start date!). Nance in housing is pretty amazing and has put me in some absolutely incredible apartments for each and every assignment. I have never physically met any of these people, but they are like my family; always there to pick me up during the bad times and there to celebrate all the good times. I'm so grateful for all the experiences I have had and the people I have met along the way. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for me and I'm so thankful it will be with the guidance of this agency!!
Great company to work for- Rewarding and Supportive!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 30, 2015
This is a work environment that is definitely sales driven, but with a positive and encouraging atmosphere. Management values their employees and there is an open door policy- Feedback and suggestions are always welcome at all levels. And in sales, this is definitely crucial!

American Traveler ensures that you are set up for success not only by extensive training in the beginning, but throughout your entire career. There are also several opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Supportive Management, Achievable Goals
Cons
Competitive Business
Helpful staff that ensures your future jobs are set up.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Port St. Lucie,FloridaJune 19, 2015
My recruiter is very involved in ensuring that I get the next job and that I am in reasonable working conditions where I currently work. As a travel agency they have a great amount of opportunities available for nurses and they work with other agencies as a sub contractor to avail you even more jobs to search through. The only drawback to that is that you may make less money if you are working on a job that is subcontracted but the job I got had insurance with American Traveler where the contractor did not offer that, so they could afford to pay more. At first I thought my recruiter wasn't paying attention to me because she kept asking similar questions but when I addressed this she stated that she was just ensuring I hadn't changed my mind and could read back from her detailed notes what I had originally wanted.The biggest compliment I can give them is even though I had signed up with multiple agencies that said they could get me work, American Traveler actually did get me my first assignment.They guided me through what was needed to be ready for the assignment and have done a great job ensuring my check is correct every week. I took an extension and look forward to my next assignment with them.
Pros
Staff that shows they care and want you to succeed.
Cons
Not knowing when a position requires the nurse to be at a hospital that has problems.
A great company to work for
Surgical Technicain (Current Employee) –  Watertown,NyJune 17, 2015
This was my first travel assignment and I must say that the application process was simple and straight forward. The management team do a great job making sure that things go well and everything you need has been taking care of. I am glad that I chose American Traveler it is an awesome company and Trechell is a wonderful recruiter!
Pros
Great pay, wonderful assignments great managers

4.2