American Traveler Staffing Professionals

American Traveler Staffing Professionals Employee Reviews

Helpful staff that ensures your future jobs are set up.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Port St. Lucie,FloridaJune 19, 2015
Pros: Staff that shows they care and want you to succeed.
Cons: Not knowing when a position requires the nurse to be at a hospital that has problems.
My recruiter is very involved in ensuring that I get the next job and that I am in reasonable working conditions where I currently work. As a travel agency they have a great amount of opportunities available for nurses and they work with other agencies as a sub contractor to avail you even more jobs to search through. The only drawback to that is that you may make less money if you are working on a job that is subcontracted but the job I got had insurance with American Traveler where the contractor did not offer that, so they could afford to pay more. At first I thought my recruiter wasn't paying attention to me because she kept asking similar questions but when I addressed this she stated that she was just ensuring I hadn't changed my mind and could read back from her detailed notes what I had originally wanted.The biggest compliment I can give them is even though I had signed up with multiple agencies that said they could get me work, American Traveler actually did get me my first assignment.They guided me through what was needed to be ready for the assignment and have done a great job ensuring my check is correct every week. I took an extension and look forward to my next assignment with them.
A great company to work for
Surgical Technicain (Current Employee), Watertown,NyJune 17, 2015
Pros: Great pay, wonderful assignments great managers
Cons: none
This was my first travel assignment and I must say that the application process was simple and straight forward. The management team do a great job making sure that things go well and everything you need has been taking care of. I am glad that I chose American Traveler it is an awesome company and Trechell is a wonderful recruiter!
Staffing Agency
ob/gyn, trauma, ortho plastics, ob (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2015
Always had pay issues on both assignments. Last assignment had an issue with this agency reporting me missing and contacted my family. While at work, all my family members were calling trying to reach me, etc. when addressed this issue with staffing agency they informed me that the manager on duty made a mistake, and it was someone else who was missing. But instead of apologizing she was very rude and didn't take responsibility for her actions.

My recruiter however, was very good to work within finding assignments and addressing any issues. Pay with this agency was very low.
Good experience, would travel with them again.
Travel RN (Current Employee), US Virgin Islands and TexasMay 26, 2015
I've always been satisfied with my travel assignments with American Traveler. I feel that the pay packages are competitive and my recruiter Shari is always easy to get in touch with and makes sure all my questions are answered and needs met. I have traveled to two hospitals with them and extended both times. Great experiences!
Very professional staff and recruiters
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Dover DelawareMarch 28, 2015
Pros: I like the flexibility of the contract jobs.
Cons: I have't any at this time.
I was looking at having to find a new job last summer. I started filling out the application but didn't have all the information needed to complete it so I just saved it. The very next morning I was contacted by Karen and was asked how soon could I start working and helped me get started with the necessary paperwork and documentation I would have to get together. She has always been available to help me and answer any questions I had.

Getting the job at Kent General has been a breath of fresh air for me in my nursing career. The staff have been very helpful and friendly from the beginning and I have really enjoyed the atmosphere here. I was happy to get an extension and am looking at possibly going to a different department at the end of this contract.
Very low morale
CIT (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 5, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers that understand your plight
Cons: excessive micromanaging from upper management.
Morale is very low due to the lack of proper management and training. The hardest part of the job is the amount of time spent protecting and documenting and backing up every thing you do. It is hard to focus on productivity and getting the job done when its a constant microscope. The company also lacks upward mobility.
this workplace is one of the best I have been invovled with
surgical tech (Former Employee), billings montanaMarch 4, 2015
I work extremely hard at this facility but it is so enjoyable because the people and management both are fantastic. My day starts at 7 am and goes clear to 5:30 pm but I love it. My co-workers are wonderful and very helpful. I feel the hardest part of my job is the fact that I have spent 38 years in my career and sometimes it is difficult to stand, but oh well. I do love the extra day off during the week.
Great first experience as a travel nurse with this company!
Travel Nurse (Current Employee), UtahFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: quick payroll department, great recruiters, online documents and job searching, quick responses to needs, communicates well
Cons: health insurance, no completion bonus or loyalty bonus
This is my first year as a travel nurse and this is the first company I have used for assignments. I am satisfied with my experience and place to continue traveling with American Traveler as long as they have my desired locations.
excellent travel experience
Traveling Operating Room Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 16, 2015
travel nursing has been a great way to explore a new city, meet new people, and get exposure to a new patient population and perform new surgical cases.
Professional people, amazing experience
Pediatric ED RN (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 13, 2014
Pros: experiences/travel, friendly staff
Cons: don't cover mandatory things like flu shots and ppds
I've thoroughly appreciated the experience I've had with American traveler. I signed up with 5 travel nurse companies and American traveler has always found me jobs the fastest. My recruiter and her assistant are always available to help however they can and have been so awesome to work with. The experiences are priceless and I have few complaints (they don't pay for some mandatory things like flu shots and PPDs but many other companies are the same).
Great company to work for.
RN (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCNovember 11, 2014
Being new to American Traveler my recruiter has been great and follows up with me weekly to see if I need anything or have questions. She is a great resource and very helpful. I enjoy being challenged by new environments and learning how other places function.
Only travel nurse company for me
RN travel nurse (Current Employee), currently central IllinoisOctober 10, 2014
Pros: travel company seeing the country is the best
Cons: having to work
I have worked exclusively for this company since starting my travel nurse career and love them. I can reach someone anytime and have any question responded to quickly! My recruiter is amazing and straightforward. I have recommended this company to my friends looking to travel!
They have made a loyal employee of me!
ED RN (Current Employee), USAOctober 9, 2014
My recruiter is always available to me. The housing dept manager gave me her personal cell phone when I was moving in on a Saturday once so I could reach her if I had any problems. I have never had issues with them that weren't resolved that same day, usually within an hour or two. To be honest, most of my "problems" have been minor things that were mere inconveniences. My recruiter has been so gracious, I've left the agency twice for jobs that were in areas that they didn't have posting in at the time, but I keep coming back. What other recruiter calls to wish you well and check on you when you are with a different agency?! I recommend American Traveler to every travel nurse (or potential traveler!) that I come across.
Fun travel job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLSeptember 27, 2014
Great pay and prompt to handle any concerns I had while I was away from home
Good recruiter to work with
Travel Staff RN (Former Employee), Salem, VAAugust 19, 2014
I got to work different areas of the country and do a lot of sightseeing.
Learning to Grow in a Professional Environment
Email Marketing Specialist/ Junior Webmaster (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: good environment
I have been working at American Traveler Staffing Professionals full-time for a little over a year.
The people here are good to work with and are willing to help every step of the way. Since this is my first full time job out of university it is good to learn what it's like to work in a professional environment. I like to be kept busy and so far it's been a good experience for me.
Flexible workplace with great opportunity to learn about a sales career
Sales Associate/ Trainee (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Working with recruiters as a trainee has given me the opportunity to learn more about sales and how to connect with prospects at a more personal level to be able to help them pursue their career in nursing. Very satisfying career and challenging which keeps me on my toes!
The management team is helpful with an open door policy.
friendly, helpful recruiter
Travel Dialysis RN (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 27, 2014
It has been pleasure working with American Traveler! I would work for them again.
Flexible schedules
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: travel assignments
Cons: temporary work, no paid time off or sick leave.
I have enjoyed my contract at Sarasota Memorial Medical Center. They are a great group to work with.
Very Poor Professional Experience
Recruiter (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 5, 2014
This is a call center job at its outset. 80-100 calls/day at the very least. Some people are polite and helpful, but most are doing their own thing. You essentially have 90 days to start producing or you're out, something that is not told to you when you start. New people start literally every week and people leave/get fired every week. Very poor work environment to come into.

They are not up front about the job at first, or the expectations that you will be held to. Some employees steal leads from others - especially new employees. There is NO job security at all.

If you are looking to do recruiting, I would suggest looking elsewhere.

About American Traveler Staffing Professionals

American Traveler is a travel nursing agency that delivers unparalleled service to travel nurses and hospital clients alike. As – Read more

American Traveler Staffing Professionals Salaries

Registered Nurse
$60,000 per year

American Traveler Staffing Professionals Photos

Travel Nurse during assignment in San Francisco
Travel Nurse in California during her assignment; along with her dog
Travel Nurse during assignment in Colorado