American Traveler Employee Reviews

Travel nurse
RN Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2017
Assignments or contracts are not always as they are presented. Learned very quickly to have a more detailed contract as once you arrive at a facility you may be transferred to units you have no experience with and can be dangerous.
Nice Place to work
Healthcare Compliance (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 13, 2017
The Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business. This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked in. Professional, hard working, top notch employees.
Good Learning Experience
Intern (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed my time at American Traveler. My internship consisted primarily of sales prospecting and employment verification. I had the opportunity to work directly with some of the company's top producers and gained valuable sales experience along the way!
Paid Internship/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 30, 2017
My role was very straight forward, I sat in a cubicle and confirmed employment for individuals in the health care field. I enjoyed it, it was a wonderful experience.
Pros
Easy Job Task
Cons
Not enough hours
Exceptional Organization
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 22, 2017
I recently completed my very first 13 week travel case management assignment that was extremely challenging and totally rewarding. I was able to network with other healthcare and form lasting friendships. American Traveler, thank you for helping to make my initial travel assignment a great experience.
Pros
competitive pay, housing accommodation, support from recruiter
Cons
On boarding process is very lengthy.
Very competitive and stressful
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 12, 2017
Listed positions were available to over 20 agencies at the same time. It seemed there were not enough non vendor hospital contracts with facilities. Most positions posted were through 3rd party vendors.
Pros
Support staff was great
Cons
Lack of non vendor client contracts
Travel Nursing
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 7, 2017
I worked at Cleveland Clinic MICU for nearly 2 years and loved it. It could be uncertain when looking to get renewed or find another assignment. Your contact will look for positions and keep you in the loop to decide what assignment is right for you.
Outstanding!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 11, 2017
I started with American Traveler as an experienced nurse, but a newbie to the travel world. My recruiter, Staci, all but spoon fed me through those first few contracts! More than 5 years later, I have never needed to look anywhere else for work. AT has found me the jobs I wanted, competitive pay for those jobs, all while supporting me through the ups & downs of being on the road. I've even had emails answered at 3am! I can't stress enough how important being a name, a nurse, a person is in this business. I've never been just a file on someone's desk. American Traveler is how I've stayed on the road these last 5 years. . .and counting!
Pros
Fabulous recruiter, payroll, support staff
Cons
No vacation time, but great overtime pay compensates!
Would not recommend
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 10, 2017
I liked what I did, but did not like how the company was run. Management hiring decisions were based on questionable reasons. I do not have anything further to say.
Pros
Liked my co-workers
Great place to work for
RN (Former Employee) –  Travel nurseMay 6, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. My recruiter always worked hard to get contracts for me. My recruiter was always available to me for questions or concerns.
Pros
Efficient company
Cons
No sick time or PTO.
I highly recommend American Traveler for travel nurses!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 15, 2016
American Traveler has truly made travel nursing fun and easy! With the help of my consultant, it only took 48 hours for me to get multiple job interviews and offers.
I was also able to get the job I wanted in the location I requested. My consultant at American Traveler communicated with me everyday to keep me updated on job postings and offers. I was also happy about the pay and housing allowance Ameican Traveler offers. I highly recommend American Traveler to any nurse who wants to travel!
Great travel company with a lot of job opportunities
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Different LocationsOctober 26, 2016
My recruiter works hard to find the locations and pay scale I require. She stays in constant contact with me throughout my contract and is prompt to help solve any issues that may arise. At the end of the contract, she makes sure that everything is completed at the proper time. She is always available when I am ready for another contract.
American Traveler
RN Critical care traveler (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLOctober 12, 2016
13 week travel assignments in critical care. Found that a lot of the hospitals I contracted with floated me to med surg floors which was not what I was there for. Pay for travel not that great unless you want to go west coast. Benefits were not that great.
Pros
opportunity to travel
Cons
pay and benefits not that great
Its ok job they will fire you on short notice
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 15, 2016
is pretty mean, fake smile be careful with her. Very tiring... then don't honor there compensation package. sdfdsfsdf
Awesome company! Very helpful staff!
Traveleing Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJune 16, 2016
So many great things to say about this company. Everyone I have communicated with has made me feel that I was their number one priority. Quick responses to any questions I had. My first travel assignment and it has been seamless! From the start, I was comfortable and confident! Thank you American Traveler!
Pros
Quick response. Great communication!
Cons
None.
Great company to work for!
CST (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJune 16, 2016
I feel like this company has the best of the best and am proud to be a part of a great company. Compensation is great and they make it easy for me to transition. I like how I get my questions answered right away and the support they provide.
Central Florida assignment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 12, 2016
Joined this company for a travel assignment in central Florida. Everything a traveler would want and expect from a recruiter; this company has it
Pros
More location opportunities
Wouldn't recommend
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 7, 2016
a typical day - call 150 nurses a day
if you have 10 nurses consistently working for you - you are good
loved going home - a few people were really mean - stealing your leads and management let them get away it - didn't like that environment at all.
Pros
paid well if enough nurses working for you
Cons
Cut throat workers steal leads and Management okay with it
Best decision ever
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 24, 2015
Love the company, every one is so profecional and so nice!! Best decision ever.. They alway make sure you are comfortable and like your assignment..
Pros
Everyone is so nice
Cons
Nothing so far
Reliable and supportive
Travel RN - Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 23, 2015
American Traveler has done a fabulous job for me. The true test is how an agency handles things when problems arise. A hospital cancelled my contract 4 days before I was to start. American Traveler was there for me, makings sure I had a place to stay and immediately finding me a new contract. No days lost. They have been with me every step of the way, especially my recruiter, Michele Retzlaff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Traveler. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2