American TV

American TV Employee Reviews

lots of work with no help
Belair Rd, MD United States (Former Employee), baltimore, MDJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: bonus check on holidays
Cons: poor management
very poor management, manager are very races and both manager are family members so they always think they are always right. no break for lunch or bathroom, no free lunch or dinner. working in holiday was always a bonus check so that was good. leave the company base on one person with pressure and no help, and at the end of the shift, complains with stuffs. very poor management.
Work life balance was bad until they were ready to tank.
Furniture Service Technician (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 30, 2014
The place is out of business due to bad management, pure and simple.
Fun work invironment
Electronics department sales (Former Employee), Davenport, IANovember 12, 2014
Sell! Sell! Sell! I learned techniques on how to be great at customer service and that the customer's needs always comes first. Management was very helpful and the coworkers were great to be around. Sales is very competitive so we would have disagreements from time to time. The hardest part of the job was trying to up-sale and get customers to buy better products in the economy. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and learning a lot about each one.
Sr Buyer
Senior Buyer/Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WIOctober 9, 2014
Buying and marketing of consumer electronics,Best co-workers, management was micro managers. we went through some re-organizations a couple of times but the same amount of work needed to be done so last 5 or so years were stressful until we closed in April of 2014
Store Closed
Visual Design Merchandiser (Former Employee), Appleton, WISeptember 27, 2014
This company was run by an individual that should not been in a CEO position, he was not qualified to do the job and it lead to the stores demise.
Productive and fun while it lasted.
Work and guide others on mini projects (Former Employee), Brown Deer, WISeptember 17, 2014
Was great to work with others, a lot of work for the pay, but no complaints.
Fast paced, great crew
Inside Contract Sales (Former Employee), Oak Creek, WIAugust 23, 2014
Pros: nice working atmosphere
Cons: dwindling commisions
Company closed unexpectedly
High level of customer service
very nice place to work
Shipping Team Lead (Former Employee), pewaukee,wi.August 15, 2014
Pros: very excicting
Cons: none really
very exciting place to work with fun people and lots of variety
Teamwork was a plus. Good benefits/pay/advancement opportunities.
Team Developer Warehouse (Former Employee), Waukesha, WIAugust 13, 2014
Enjoyed working here. Management recognized employee potential which resulted in opportunities for advancement. Teamwork a plus! Management even stepped up to help out in subordinates roles when needed.
American
Customer Service, Sales (Former Employee), BrentwoodJune 19, 2014
Pros: nice and friendly people
Cons: pay
This job was great starter job the work was easy and the customers where nice coming from high school this was the perfect job to start with
Fun, clean work place
Lead Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Johnston, IAApril 17, 2014
I would make sure my employees got their duties done, sometimes help unload the trucks do paper work fix problems, and help customers.
relaxed enviorment
Lead Install Technician (Former Employee), milwaukee,wiApril 6, 2014
installing customer owned equiptment. Very laid back and potiential to grown with the company
Challenging, rewarding,worked with a lot of good people
Corporate Installation & Parts Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 31, 2014
Work included processing daily work requirements with independence. Learned most if not all aspects of a retail/service organization. Worked with all levels of employees.
Great Company, while it lasted
Home Theater Sales Manager (Current Employee), Rockford, ILMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, fun environment, good people
Cons: going out of business
American was a great company to work for, until they decided to go out of business. I was so happy that I finally found a career that I really loved. It is unfortunate that it didn't last very long. I will miss it.
fun place to work love my job
All appliance sales (Current Employee), Peoria, ILFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: commission, could make what you needed
Cons: draw.. if you didnt delivery they would pay you, but you would have to pay it back
I will deal with a high volume of customers each day. Deal with
contractors applaince needs and timetable. Follow up with my
deliveries from the previous day. The hardest part was dealing with open sales and making sure I was ready whrn they were. the most fun was helping people find what they wanted for applainces, and
making them happy. I would like to continue working there, but American is closing. There are 11 stores being affected by this
Closing
Appliance Sales Associate (Current Employee), Madison WestFebruary 24, 2014
I liked the company the people I worked with and the environment. Now they are going out of business, as a shock but necessary- I need a new job
Company lost it's identity over time.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 24, 2014
The company was a great place to work. However, over time the company was unable to change with the times to attract customers.
Good Place to Work
Furniture and Contract Sales Associate (Current Employee), Davenport, IADecember 8, 2013
Management is excellent, they care and work with you. Benefits are terrible, and stress is high. Lot of hours. Good money.
co-workers
Furniture Sales (Former Employee), O'Fallon, ILJuly 16, 2013
Pros: huge retail environment
Cons: out of state and out of touch management
co-workers were great. hardest working people in the business. company managed from out of state really hurt this company. They are no longer in business in illinois or Missouri.
Okay job if all you live for is a paycheck
Salesperson (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 24, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: zero incentives for hard work
I'd rather not be negative because there were good things about working at American TV, but after reading other reviews I have to agree that American isn't that great of a place to work. Sure, the coworkers were great but it didn't appear that management cared two bits about the employees. There is absolutely no room for advancement nor are there pay incentives - compensation is poor/ no 401k/ small window of vacation time and communication between upper management and lower level employees is nil unless it includes some sort of reprimand. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the coworkers and customers! Lots of hours with no recognition let alone a 'job well done' from anyone on staff. It just seems that this company is all about money and not about staff moral.

American TV Salaries