American Type Culture Collection

American Type Culture Collection Employee Reviews

big-pharma wanna-be
Senior Biologist (Former Employee), Manassas, VirginiaMay 21, 2015
Pros: broad range of science being done
Cons: compensation, lack of upward mobility
ATCC is a great place for young scientists to get their feet wet doing a broad range of science. Management is always changing due to the CEO/President. The company wishes to expand into big Pharma, but lacks the direction from the CEO/President who has been there for decades. It is one of the largest biological resource centers in existence but it doesn't support a lot of research and development to enhance its own materials.
very good job with the opportunity to grow in skills
Biological Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, trip to savannah ga with supervisor and coworkers work related.
Cons: work injuries could be severe.
Begin work by getting bulk tank levels and checking levels of liquid nitrogen tanks. Sign into computer and collect specimen to enter information into computer. Unpack NHANES specimen and after entering information, distribute specimen to designated location for scientists. Liaison when necessary between distributor and supervisor.
I still keep in contact with previous co-workers and management gave me their information when I left to contact them if necessary.
The down time was the hardest time. Waiting for supervisor to outline next assignment. The most enjoyable time was at the end of the day knowing all that I was told was done to the best of my ability,
The company is moving away from new products that require capital investments
Lead Biologist (Current Employee), Manassas, VASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: good benefits, plus an addition pension plan
Cons: micromanaged, understaffing, redundent documentation
Initially a challenging job of fulfilling a NIH contract,re quiring R&D approach to new product development. The company has moved away from new product development and focuses on production of established items with larger sales volume. R&D focuses has been diminished.
I am in a unique position as lead Biologist. This position has no authority. I cannot direct personel, but instead I am a counselor.
Staff is very competent. My coworkers are encouraged to report any miss steps no matter how small, I encounter, to the supervisor. The department has a new policy of recording any miss recorded info on a Work order which is recorded at HR. This policy has been covered in the past by a 1 on 1 with the supervisor. Work orders were then corrected.
Good working environment
Research Scientist (Former Employee), Manassas VAJune 4, 2013
I found my work to be interesting and my co-workers to be friendly
na
Operations Technician (Former Employee), Manassas, VAApril 22, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
Great work enviroment. It's a wonderful company.That's all i can really say about this company.
Challenging Position
Biologist (Former Employee), Manassas, VAMarch 12, 2013
Very difficult to be productive with negative coworkers. Enjoyed the position, but not all of my peers.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Manassas VirginiaOctober 18, 2012
•Received over 40-50 calls a day
•Replaced and tracked orders using the DHL and Fed-ex website
•Returned calls regarding account status and missing information
•Attended all conference calls, monthly meetings, and trainings
•Looked-up customer accounts and resolved concerns
•Performed clerical duties like filing and faxing

American Type Culture Collection Salaries