American Wedding Group Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great place
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2017
The management is pretty responsive and understanding to what you have to say.

I would say that depending on where you are located in the US the job is different. If you are somewhere where there is a large influx of weddings then you will be busy.
Great if you're one of the favorites
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon Valley, PAAugust 10, 2017
The company has a good product to sell. They allow a lot of freedom in your swlling approach so be self-motivated or you're going to fail. Commission on every sale was nice
Pros
Flexible schedule, nice people
Cons
Poor management of sales department
Fun work and more experience I love it
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 1, 2017
A typical day working for American wedding Group would be to find the bride first get photos of her and her girls getting ready then photograph the groom and his guys. I've learned how to photograph a wedding with another photographer something that I wasn't familiar with before. I like the management he is very helpful anytime I have a question he always has a reasonable answer.
Pros
meeting new people and good pay
Cons
sometimes you have to dress up
Great family owned business in a corporate world
Disc Jockey (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 10, 2017
My initial interview that was supposed to last 20 minutes, An hour and a half later, I was offered the job. From the Sales staff to their various Managers, I was welcomed ito their Family. I have learned that there ARE good people out there who look out for you.
5 years later with the company, none of that has changed. In the DJ/entertainment industry, there are no typical days. You roll with the changes. The hardest part of the job would be the various commutes to your jobs. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing ear to ear smiles from my clients on their biggest day of their lives.
Pros
Continuous work
Cons
Considered a contractor, no taxes taken out of our pay and no healthcare offered.
Professional company that cares
Employee (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 16, 2016
This company is a company that cares. Its a family business and weather you work in the corporate office or a remote location your concerns are heard. From management to customer service to sales everyone is there to help. They create an atmosphere here your schedule works for you and that you can be successful and not lose yourself in work. They still do mid week stress relievers and corporate gatherings. Its one of the many things lost in the corporate world today. Theyare a pleasure to work with.
Pros
work life balance, flexibility, atmosphere
Awesome
Freelance photographer (Current Employee) –  DallasMarch 28, 2015
Great life work balance.

You are a contractor not an employee, so no benefits.

Extra income if you have your own studio.

You have to be able to work weekends and also at short notice in case of emergency
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Seasonal
Solid and professional Company
Professional/Certified Videographer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 28, 2012
Professional Company to work for. Management to a great job at keeping contractors updated with daily information. Solid and professional Atmosphere. Provide with endless work once contractor/employee is established and builds referrals.

Want to know more about American Wedding Group?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Wedding Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8