American Well Employee Reviews in United States

Positive environment
Training and Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 18, 2015
Start-up company with a young culture and a fast-paced work environment. The attitude of the company, and its goals are admirable and much needed in the realm of healthcare delivery.
Exciting place to work
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 10, 2014
A typical day for me would depend on where in the SWDLC we are at. If we are in the development phase then all of my time is strictly spent on building out new functionality. My day usually consists of a blend between implementing new functionality and fixing defects that may come up. Some days I am working on 10 different things at the same time which can be rather hectic.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with decisions of management. Oftentimes they will ask for new functionality but will not have visual designs or wire frames. This makes it quite annoying and frustrating because then the developers are left guessing what needs to be done. Also, management has a habit of giving unrealistic deadlines for projects and expects them to be done.

I have made some great friends here. I really enjoy challenging myself and being a part of something that is new and helpful to the world.
wells are slowing down
Dipper (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAJuly 2, 2015
I went from 98 hrs a week down to 41 hrs. When drilling is good the hrs were good $1400+ bring home pay weekly. Now not so much
No time off
Heavy Equipment Mechanic and Operator (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAMay 10, 2012
low pay, work 7 days a week with no time off and when you do get time off it gets cut short
not a supported of employee
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 30, 2013
I was not happy with American well because of the way they treated employees.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks