The American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO) was established in the Los Angeles area in 1964 with nine teams. It was the dream of a group of devoted soccer enthusiasts who started the organization in a garage. Today, AYSO has more than 50,000 teams and more than 5000,000 players. We are seeking a Market Research Analyst to come join our team of 50 at the National Office in Torrance California.
The Market Research Analyst will be responsible for research, analysis and recommendations to support expansion and growth of AYSO local programs. He/she will support the organization in identifying new AYSO market opportunities, constituent (parents and players) satisfaction trends, evaluation of current business unit issues, analysis of competitors, tracking/evaluating membership trends, evaluation of web, email and other digital analytics.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Marketing Officer, the Market Research Analyst will work closely with all areas of the organization to uncover data sources, evaluate and analyze data and provide recommendations and support for the creation and expansion of strong AYSO local programs to target its primary constituents: youth and their parents seeking a fun, safe and accessible athletic development activity for children.
The deliverables include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify environmental and internal factors that support program growth in regional markets, and those that contribute to market decline.
- Identify specific growth and new market opportunities (geographic and demographic) through research and analysis of geographic, demographic and economic trends in potential AYSO communities.
- Identify key issues which would benefit from additional research.
- Work with the Marketing team to execute appropriate research.
- Provide recommendations on new market opportunities and follow-up mentoring to designated AYSO section and area volunteer developers.
- Collect, analyze and report metrics for digital marketing platforms (web, email, etc).
- Develop actionable business information, including competitor analysis, from a wide variety of data sources.
- Other duties as assigned by the CMO.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to fulfill this job function:
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple information research projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment. Flexibility and creativity coupled with excellent quantitative analytical skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively and credibly, both verbally and in writing. Will be required to assist in developing and/or lead presentations of research results to stakeholder groups including AYSO volunteers, elected leaders, national office executive staff and external partners.
- The ability to mentor, motivate and guide Region volunteers in expanding AYSO programs within their markets.
- Demonstrated familiarity with advanced statistical analysis and research methodologies and advanced knowledge of MS Office suite of products including Project, Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience of principles, approaches and methods for both quantitative and qualitative research.
- The ability to select appropriate research approaches and explain recommendations.
- Knowledge of survey tools including Survey Monkey or similar tools.
- Experience with SpatialKey or similar information visualization tools.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently, with the ability to work under pressure and intermittently heavy workloads.
- Excellent customer service skills, demonstrating professional and courteous demeanor in working collaboratively with volunteers, national office staff, elected leadership and external partners.
- Excellent planning, organization, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to follow procedures and work collaboratively with project teams.
- Developing and preparing relevant reports using data mining techniques, relational databases and Excel spreadsheet formatting.
- Serve as the primary growth and development liaison with National Office departments, including IT.
The successful candidates should have the following education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and developing actionable reporting. 2-3 years of successful experience in a high volume business analysis environment or in conducting and coordinating research to support mobilization for community organizing, issue advocacy, political or advertising & marketing campaigns is desirable.
- Individuals with skills in analysis, research, targeting and developing grassroots volunteer activism are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of soccer, youth sports and/or non-profit membership organizations highly desirable.
Please send a cover letter detailing why you would like to work for AYSO and what you bring to the table along with your resume and any samples of projects for which you are especially proud.
And don't forget to check us out at AYSO.org!
Indeed - 11 months ago
The American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO) was established in the Los Angeles area in 1964 with nine teams. It was the dream of a group...