Americans for Prosperity Employee Reviews in United States

Temporary position
Phone Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 23, 2016
At the time I worked here, I was in high school and the position was provided to us through the school in order to earn money to go to an extra curricular government class. It was a temporary position that took place during the final weeks of the 2012 presidential election.
While conducting surveys, most of the people on the receiving ends were extremely rude and cursed at us. So it was a ver disheartening position especially with us being in the age range from middle-school to high school.

I have nothing against the company, but doing phone calls and surveys sucked, especially when people didn't like you.
Pros
Good pay, short after school hours.
Cons
Constant angry customers
Digital Organizing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 2, 2016
Working for AFP is a blast and a great organization. it has a great team and we are like family. I enjoy being part of this work family.
Amazing!
Field Associate (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLApril 8, 2016
I absolutely love working here. I go out everyday to inform people on what's happening. I love to talk to people so this job is one of the best by far!
Regional Director - Multiple U.S. Senate Races (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 9, 2016
AFP is the best place for people to explore their inner creativity while existing in a non-political environment. I spent a lot of time learning and growing into a full fledged professional at AFP.
Fun, challenging and every day is something different
Grassroots & Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 13, 2015
The first four years it was more educating people on Economic Freedom and Conservative principles. We had a lot of events and meetings with a variety of people, backgrounds and experiences. The last year was more in campaign mode with 18 hour days, six days a week. The most difficult part of the job for me was the door knocking, because I am nervous around strange dogs. Otherwise, I liked meeting and speaking with new people. Even people that disagreed with us I enjoyed meeting with, because you always learn something new. It was also great working with and being surrounded by people passionate about what they do. I enjoyed being able to work in a office and do research or writing and than some days we would be out of the office either at events or traveling to speak with people. I learned how to work with people with varying opinions and backgrounds. I enjoyed the variety and excitement, but being a non-profit the pay wasn't as good and not as secure as private sector job.
Pros
I enjoyed the variety and excitement of the job, I enjoyed working with and being surrounded by passionate people, also we were working for a purpose and to make a difference in the world.
Cons
Being a non-profit the pay wasn't as good and not as secure as private sector job.
Temporary and Productive
Phone Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 22, 2015
The position I'd held at Americans for Prosperity was temporary and only lasted through the presidential election of 2012. At the time I was in high school and work began right after class was over. During this time we would use company phones to call various households across the country and in order to conduct a survey.
This position required much patience and taught me the customer service skills required in order to perform this job successfully and well. But the patience required also made this job fairly difficult and frustrating as most of the people we called were rude and outright aggressive. Though when a kind person did pick up the phone, it was always a nice surprise and made the job just a little bit easier.
Productive way to get politically involved in the community
Grassroots Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLApril 27, 2015
From the start it was understood by both parties that my job was temporary. I was hired as a high schooler to help with their canvassing. I would arrive to work and sign in, and then wait for my field partner to arrive so that we could get our tablets (our survey was on there) and go on our way. The weekdays I only worked two hours, but Saturday was a full day of canvassing. 9-12 we would go from door to door asking questions, then after the morning canvassing we would go back to the AFP offices, were lunch was catered for us from a pizza chain, or from Subway.

I enjoyed my partner, and I enjoyed my time with AFP. While I might not always share their political views, they gave me my first taste with customer service.
Pros
Flexible hours, catered lunch, friendly work environment, great pay
fun place to work
Field Associate (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVFebruary 4, 2015
The pay was great and the people were really nice to work with. They pay for all your meals while you work which is also very nice as well.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
n/a
Very intentese but rewarding experience
Field Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Americans for Prosperity is a pro-market organization that seeks to promote capitalism to the American people. I have had two jobs with this company. My first job was as an intern. My job included phone banking, working with volunteers, and helping prepare for events and speakers. I was later promoted to Field Coordinator. The hardest part of this job was keeping cool under the pressure. It is a very taxing environment: especially phone banking. As Field Coordinator, the toughest part of the job was actually recruiting volunteers. People generally preferred working with the candidates. However, the job paid well and was very rewarding in terms of experience and upward mobility.
Pros
excellent bosses, upward mobility, good pay, lots of experience
Cons
long hours, phone banking, high intesisity
Worked with coalition partners; advocacy industry leaders; and, other third party activists to enhance campaign scope and visibility.
Tour Director (Former Employee) –  Arlington VAJuly 25, 2014
Managed on the ground operations for multiple national public awareness campaigns to advocate for health care reform. Work extensively with Regional Directors, State Directors, and staff on health care, energy and various regulatory issues.
Developed tailored messaging for each event that addressed geographic and demographic issues, evolving situations, and latest polling data.
Managed finances to ensure each campaign stayed within budget constraints and maximized resources.
Worked with coalition partners; advocacy groups; federal, state, and local governments; industry partners; and, other third party activists to enhance each campaign’s scope and visibility.
Pros
managing a nationwide team
High demand, high reward environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 27, 2014
Americans For Prosperity is an outstanding company that recruits sharp, motivated individuals. Office culture is diligent but welcoming, and an employee is judged on his ideas and work quality, rather than years of experience.
Pros
great atmosphere and coworkers. a premium is placed on ideas.
Cons
long hours, often on call
Americans for prosperity
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJanuary 14, 2014
Great Temp job and great people to work for. I learned a lot of new skills, especially supervising a large number of people and working with others to achieve a goal.
worked instructing voters of currant events
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Copley, OHMarch 29, 2013
enjoyed the challange and the people i worked with , like my boss . the people coming in were volunteers all on the same mission , so that made things nice. the hardest part about the job , some times the folks on the phone got unruly , but not often.the most enjoyable part of the job were the people we worked with .
Pros
conveying the message i believed in .
Cons
i didn't really have any
Productive and organized workplace
Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 28, 2013
A typical day at work would start at 8:00am, I would open the office and people would pour in all day, new hires, phone callers, I would make sure to get people scripts and cellphones and make sure they understood how to work the system we used. Most of the times Monday-Friday I would run the office by myself I'd work with people from ages 7-80's. I would close the office around 8pm-10pm
I learned how to interact with people of all ages, I learned how to get the information needed to hire people, I learned more about taxes and economic development.
My co-workers were great, we all worked together very well especially considering there were three different organizations working in the same environment.
The hard part about my job was keeping organization when 3-5 people were being hired a day but I never failed to do so.
The hours, the people, the cause, everything made my job enjoyable, every experience good and bad made my job enjoyable, learning how to deal with strife and being able to accomplish things I had never done before.
Pros
pay, co-workers, organization
Cons
store next door, capacity of office

4.3