Americans for Prosperity Employee Reviews

productive, economic help
Field Associate (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 2, 2017
fast paced, lots of walking, communicating with people, calls, great management, great mentors, free breakfast and lunch, diversity, friendly, good shirts.
good place to work with flexible schedule
Field as (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 18, 2017
i had a enjoeyable time working for AFP. With a competetive byut relaxed enviroment and room to grow. if you have a passion for people and wanting to make a change this is a great occupation.
Walking and talking
Field Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 24, 2017
Job for fit people who believe in a great conservative cause. Knock on doors asking questions on local politics. On the fall season we would make phone calls of the same questions.
Great for working your own hours
Field Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CO 80111May 19, 2017
The job allows the employees to work whatever times they need to, as long as they meet the weekly requirements. The employees and managers tend to have a bias towards politics which does not support the companies vision.
Surveys
Field Associate Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 17, 2017
A great place to work, if you want to work part time, walk a lot and talk to swing voters.
The Day of Action was fun and it was great meeting new people of similar political interests.
Great opportunity to shape poli vu
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 13, 2017
Great place to work. Real team atmosphere and outstanding management. Policy driven and not necessarily driven by party. AFP has allegiance to core principles, not on political whims.
Pros
Love the work
Cons
Unstable employment depending on the political season
Great place to learn professional policy politics
Field Director (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJanuary 7, 2017
It's a good company overall, especially as a first real job in politics, the benefits are wonderful, no one gets rich in policy politics so I can't say the base pay is great but it's not terrible. The healthcare benefit was extraordinary and vacation time was very fair. To be honest it is a job for a younger person, there is very little upward mobility at the state chapter level. There are opportunities if you want to recloate, but for a family person who gets involved to make a difference in their community, this is not a practical nor desirable path. I will also say that in my time with AFP it went from people centric culture to numbers transfixed culture. I left because I was paid at a level that was fine for relationship building and policy fights, not anywhere near a level that made what amounted to extreme "sales pressure" to hit numbers acceptable. The bonus structure was not at all an incentive as it assumes one of the main things AFP fights, one size does not fit all. Not all field offices were evenly equipped not all areas had field offices, and not all areas are the same. Innocence the bonus structure often it affect was the company picking winners and losers, it's the same complaint they make about the federal government. W

All that said I still rank AFP as a great place to learn politics, and policy, and To equip yourself with tools for this profession. I just do not believe it is a long term viable option as a career path.
Pros
Extreme flexibility
Cons
Limited advancement, public message conflicts with business practices
Pretty Awful
Field Director (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 13, 2016
Go work on a real campaign. If you have any campaign experience, get a field director job with another one. It's a corporate nightmare to get anything productive done. Not exciting work. They don't care about field staff. They think good ones are expendable.
Pros
Technology, Purchase card, Pay is alright
Cons
Communication, Hours, Bureaucratic, Stability, Boring
Top of the line job for anyone interested in economic politics.
Field Director (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 12, 2016
Americans for Prosperity was a very enjoyable place to work. The company culture is fantastic and the culture aspect of the job is a priority of the organization. There is lot of freedom and flexibility within most roles in the organization. Anyone wanting to get a good start working in politics should look here first. Very few organizations including the political parties can compete with the experience and opportunity that Americans for Prosperity provides. All levels of management are very friendly and very open to respectful challenge. There was never a time where my opinion or input was not ignored or disregarded. Most positions within the organization require a great degree of self motivation and independence and hard work is rewarded very frequently. I would recommend this organization to anyone who wants to start working in policy driven politics.
Great place, no free time
Regional Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 15, 2016
If you are a type A personality or just have a fierce desire to let your passion to fight for freedom flow, AFP is a great place to work. If you are a lazy bum who shows up for a paycheck (of which there are very few), then not so much. This organization is really only for the best.
AFP is a truly great place to work.
Administrative Assistant - Operations (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 7, 2016
AFP is a truly great place to work. Culture is really important to the organization. They strike the perfect work/life balance. It is a younger staffed organization so the potential to move up is high if you work hard and prove yourself.
Demanding job.This job becomes your life
Feild Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2016
You knock on doors and make phone calls when allowed. You are alone almost everyday for 5-8 hours. You do not have weekends off. Demanded to work 8 hours on certain days regardless if you have a situation. This is not a job you want if you have a young family. You also stare at an ipad all day to do your job.
Volunteer work
Volunteer surveyor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2016
Door to door canvassing, taking surveys throughout the neighborhoods of Jacksonville, promoting awareness on current political decisions that pertain to the daily lives of citizens.
Temporary position
Phone Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 23, 2016
At the time I worked here, I was in high school and the position was provided to us through the school in order to earn money to go to an extra curricular government class. It was a temporary position that took place during the final weeks of the 2012 presidential election.
While conducting surveys, most of the people on the receiving ends were extremely rude and cursed at us. So it was a ver disheartening position especially with us being in the age range from middle-school to high school.

I have nothing against the company, but doing phone calls and surveys sucked, especially when people didn't like you.
Pros
Good pay, short after school hours.
Cons
Constant angry customers
Afp
Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 4, 2016
AFP is a grassroots organization located all over the United States trying to create and instill positive and conservative economic policies.
Pros
healthcare, allow you to be an individual
Cons
bad management, no ability to give constructive criticism
Digital Organizing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 2, 2016
Working for AFP is a blast and a great organization. it has a great team and we are like family. I enjoy being part of this work family.
Amazing!
Field Associate (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLApril 8, 2016
I absolutely love working here. I go out everyday to inform people on what's happening. I love to talk to people so this job is one of the best by far!
Regional Director - Multiple U.S. Senate Races (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 9, 2016
AFP is the best place for people to explore their inner creativity while existing in a non-political environment. I spent a lot of time learning and growing into a full fledged professional at AFP.
Fun, challenging and every day is something different
Grassroots & Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 13, 2015
The first four years it was more educating people on Economic Freedom and Conservative principles. We had a lot of events and meetings with a variety of people, backgrounds and experiences. The last year was more in campaign mode with 18 hour days, six days a week. The most difficult part of the job for me was the door knocking, because I am nervous around strange dogs. Otherwise, I liked meeting and speaking with new people. Even people that disagreed with us I enjoyed meeting with, because you always learn something new. It was also great working with and being surrounded by people passionate about what they do. I enjoyed being able to work in a office and do research or writing and than some days we would be out of the office either at events or traveling to speak with people. I learned how to work with people with varying opinions and backgrounds. I enjoyed the variety and excitement, but being a non-profit the pay wasn't as good and not as secure as private sector job.
Pros
I enjoyed the variety and excitement of the job, I enjoyed working with and being surrounded by passionate people, also we were working for a purpose and to make a difference in the world.
Cons
Being a non-profit the pay wasn't as good and not as secure as private sector job.
Temporary and Productive
Phone Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 22, 2015
The position I'd held at Americans for Prosperity was temporary and only lasted through the presidential election of 2012. At the time I was in high school and work began right after class was over. During this time we would use company phones to call various households across the country and in order to conduct a survey.
This position required much patience and taught me the customer service skills required in order to perform this job successfully and well. But the patience required also made this job fairly difficult and frustrating as most of the people we called were rude and outright aggressive. Though when a kind person did pick up the phone, it was always a nice surprise and made the job just a little bit easier.