AmericanWest Bank

AmericanWest Bank Employer Reviews

Pleasant place to work
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 22, 2015
My temporary 6 months position with AWB was a pleasant one, the staff was friendly and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was sitting in one place all day.
It's all about applying yourself
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Spokane, WANovember 30, 2014
Pros: i worked with a great team of individuals.
Cons: divisiveness within teams slowed progress.
If you apply yourself to the company mission you will be very successful. The most successful employees are the ones who work together and honor the entire client relationship and client satisfaction. Those who seem to be dissatisfied were not eager to work in a team environment and bring others into a client relationship.
Privided an opportunity to use my career skills. Good dedication to community. Skilled managers.
Vice President - Business Banking Officer (Former Employee), Oregon RegionDecember 27, 2013
Solid business plan. My coworkers were dedicated, experienced and team oriented.
Growing pains
Credit Analyst II (Former Employee), Pasco, WAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: flexibility, moderate work flow most of the time
Cons: constant change and inconsistency with continuing expansion of the bank
Laid back atmosphere with independent work environment, flexible, 8 to 5, never had overtime. Good pay and benefits, salaried, immediate manager was great. I learned more about analysis in learning a spreading system that was newer to me, Credit Quest. My co-workers were great. When I came back from maternity leave, I had learned that with the continual expansion of the bank, my job was being centralized, thus eliminating my position in the area where I live. The hardest part of the job was continual change and inconsistency and the most enjoyable part was feeling comfortable and a sense of security.
Growing company - exciting place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Spokane, WAApril 27, 2013
Pros: 401k option is encouraging.
Cons: health insurance (cigna) is poor.
For a non-banker coming into a banking position, it was challenging to find information that would help me understand the vernacular. Once I did understand it, I was overwhelmed with how exciting the banking world is. AmericanWest Bank is a dynamic company growing rapidly with new acquisitions. Employees have great potential here to try new things and think outside of the box to find processes that improve growth without adding expense for the company. Each day is a new experience! There is never a dull moment and hard work is seen in all employees from the top down.
A disappointment is that health insurance covers less than half of our medical expenses but I believe that AWB chose CIGNA because it was economically prudent to drive down expenses and increase the profit margin of the company. My opinion is that as they grow larger they could have the capacity to pay a little more for insurance so their employees have better coverage. While it is better than having no insurance, this aspect could be a factor utilized in retaining existing and attracting new employees.
More of a community type bank
TELLER (Former Employee), Yakima, WAApril 6, 2013
Pros: healthcare, paid vacations, paid holidays, paid sick days and 401k plan.
Cons: the hourly rate could have been better.
Not a bad place to work just a lot of different changes over the years.
co-workers were good to work with. Had a very enjoyable customer base.