AmeriCare Employee Reviews

Cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 4, 2017
house to house visits helping patients in need of light housekeeping, help with hygiene, as well as meal preparation. Averaged between 40-50 hours with over time and paid mileage !
Professional Enviroment
HR Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Americare. Very cool staff and the work load will definitely keep you busy. I worked in HR I loved it. Super professional staff. No complaints.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
No warning prior to being laid off.
Not so fun
Driver/Courier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 10, 2017
Typical day at Americare was very unprofessional . Management was very unprofessional treat people like garbage . What did I learn Americare nothing really
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Poor management
Challenging work with fun atmosphere with elders
MDS Casemix Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eureka, KSApril 3, 2017
Run reports,
review charting,
Do MDS assessments with elders
MDS and submission to Qies
Care planning
Peak interventions
Monitor and assist elders in the dining room.
Most rewarding part is the elders.
Hardest part is loosing the elders.
Pros
Company values are outstanding
Cons
Health insurance is not very good
office very pleasant
LPN (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 14, 2017
very happy pleasant people working in the office. always very helpful. I enjoyed working at different places. it gave me a lot of experience working with many different environments.
Pros
could get same day pay
Cons
if no relief i couldnt leave
Management horrible and if the didn't like you they pushed you out the door
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MOMarch 3, 2017
I was doing well the first few months. Got a good score, but a month or so later I couldn't do anything right. After getting lists of ways I needed to improve, I didn't think I could ever live up to what they wanted me to do. Too many programs and rules. OVERWHELMING.
Pros
Cons
Didnt treat Administrators with respect.
I like Americare's employee and client's support system.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Castro Valley, CAFebruary 22, 2017
My typical day was carrying out the daily needs of our clients. I learned how to step into one's life and be a bridge to living independently. Management was great with helping us caregivers achieve this goal. Our workplace culture is we work as a group to take care of our clients even though there is only one caregiver at a time on assignment. The hardest part of the job is not being able to relieve a client's pain, and make them feel better. The most enjoyable part of my job is improving the quality of a client's life and seeing them thrive because we are there.

I'm still signed up with Americare, and my assignment in the East Bay has completed, but they are no longer signing up new accounts in the East Bay, so I am looking for work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
At this time Americare is not working the East Bay
Great Company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNFebruary 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for Americare. The company offered a great culture and an excellent home like living enviroment for residents. A company you can fell good about working for.
Pros
Small town customer service focused enviroment.
Cons
For a company this large resources where somewhat limited.
ok
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 20, 2017
working for this company was ok, it was very hard at times to find work but when they did find a case the case would be the worst cases that they can put you on
a unique work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 14, 2017
I managed a 12 bed facility with 3 to 4 staff members under me. I manged the budget, doctors appoints, daily meals and daily activities. My day started at 5:30 in the morning cooking breakfast and getting the residents up dressed and am meditations. My staff would show up around 9:00 and then I would take care of the doctors orders for the day and grocery shopping for the week. I also handled most of cleaning and residents laundry.
Pros
didn't have to travel for work
Cons
had no days off
Fun place to work for.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 12, 2017
If you love the elder this is the place.working in their home make them feel good one one love it.love reading books ,Cook what they like ,go shopping for them.
Pros
Plenty lunch break
Cons
Always on feet
nice work environment and great boss
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 3, 2017
not enough work only 2 hour shifts , and the shifts were spread all over the city and there was no work security although I really enjoyed the clients which were all va clients. I got to use my medical experiences and mhmr experience as well. Overall I really enjoyed working for the company it just didn't work out as there weren't enough shifts!
Amazing place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair, MODecember 14, 2016
I really felt like I was able to make a difference. This place was beautifully taken care of and above all it was a place i was proud to work. The residents were catered to and loved by everyone.
Productive and Creatively Conducive
Web Developer and Designer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 20, 2016
During Americare we did a lot of parallel prototyping and gathered input from everyone, even the developers. We were constantly brainstorming new ways we could improve the web application.This allowed us to do a lot of competitive analysis. Our work was organized by doing scrums, giving specific tasks to each person in the group, essentially having the UI designers do some of the coding to lighten the workload of the developers. A lot of the work process was implementing, testing, and then returning to the drawing board to make as many improvements as we possibly could.
Pros
Creative expression, team work, sociable work setting
Cons
Stressful, fast paced
Productive and Exciting Work Place.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 6, 2016
Love they way they handle business, when a problem happens. I also love how they make the employee's feel. They make you feel welcomes and very heart felt. Whenever you enter the office.
Pros
Great Communication Skills, etc.....
Cons
Don't Pay On Time.
Favoratism Is Apparent
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 4, 2016
First started working on one project and quickly was taken off due to the constant changes in the company. The higher level staff aren't really as professional as they should be and even take part in gossiping about fellow employees. Most employees in coordination positions aren't happy either because they have supervisors whom are rude, unprofessional or just love to treat them like high schoolers. The turn over is also high since it isn't a happy environment due to the supervisors in place.
Pros
You don't need t clock out for lunch, You get an hour (unpaid)
Cons
Unprofessoinal supervisors, Gossip among the supervisors, Stressful, Feel the need to kiss up to the higher ups whom display favoratism & take part in gossiping
to much home work
Home Health RN (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 13, 2016
I see approx 5-6 patients a day. I spend an additional 3-4 hours at night charting. I enjoy the patient interactions in their home as well as the family members. I enjoy the patient teaching that I am able to do.
Pros
Patient care
Cons
On call weekends and holidays
Emt
Emergency Medical Technician-Operations (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJune 27, 2016
Worked here shortly, but was hired right when they tried to develop ALS trucks. Otherwise, this company only did BLS transfers, primarily dialysis appointments for patients back and forth from ECFs and facilities. I learned basic narrative writing skills and how to comply with Medicare procedure for proper billing purposes (i.e. wording and such). This was a privately owned company, and so money and funding were low, and therefor most of the supplies were never used aside from occasional ice packs and sheets per transfer. They were not able to afford power cots, so all lifting was manual. Aside from being one of the smallest employees at the company, I was assigned to the bariatric cot even when I requested to be transferred to a regular cot/ambulance. However, management never made any changes even after multiple request and a verbal writing explaining my previous history with 3 knee surgeries and knee pain. After 4 months, finally my knee gave out and I had to resign due to up coming surgery for injured knee. Around the same time, the company had started to mess with the hours of all employees without any warning or explanation and shifted people from the "Wishard System" (x2 12hr days on x2 days off and 3 days weekends every other week). Many employees quit at this time, and within 2 months the company went bankrupt and was bought out by another company.
Pros
Lots of free time; good salary; Hours (up till the end)
Cons
no power cots, majority of pts bariatric and overweight
Loved working here!!
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Seffner, FLApril 4, 2016
I worked my way up from phone operator to front office manager in a matter of years. I loved meeting new guests and welcoming the returning guests each time they came back!
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Americare was a decent place to work.
Patient account coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 4, 2016
I worked for Americare for the last 5 years. It was a experience of my first medical billing job. i learn a lot from the company about the field and as well ganged tones of experience. i was Laid off this pass January due to a company budget cut, so now i am unemployed but if Americare was to call offering me my poison back, i'll take it into a strong consideration but i do wish to explore my experience in other companies and hospitals.
Pros
Great location near shoppoing centers and in house cateria
Cons
barley give out raises and promotions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmeriCare. Our community is ready to answer.