AmeriCare

AmeriCare Employer Reviews

Nice place to work
CMA (Former Employee), Saint Clair, MODecember 8, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: didn't like working midnight shift was the only one there
Great place to work, loved the people I worked with. Very good training, nice people to work for. Very clean, professional building. The residents were all very sweet, and caring. The only thing I didn't like was working midnight shift by myself.
productive and fun work environment
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bryan, OHNovember 13, 2014
I learned additional computer skills. The atmosphere was laid back. Management was understanding and answered all questions in a timely manner.
Fun atmosphere
LVN Assistant (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free ice cream
Cons: no benefits
A job for teenagers to get work experience. Very fun, managment is great. They truly care for their employees.
Busy Busy
Special Project Team/ Sr. Scheduler (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 19, 2014
Follow up with Home Health aides regarding appointments with patients. Health insurance verification. Scheduling for multiple Nurses according to patients' needs. Light phone. Light reception work.

Learned everything about Home health care. Insurance verifications and light coding.
ok company
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Brooklyn NYOctober 11, 2014
could be better in the way they handle there coworkers and give thm more time
Great learning environrment
Student Internship Administrator (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNSeptember 25, 2014
I really enjoyed my experience as a student here at Americare. They have shown me all there is to know about their company for assisted living. I feel confident that I will possess the knowledge needed to go far in my career in being in Healthcare Management.
Enjoyed growing the company
Vice President Strategic Business Development (Former Employee), Troy, MISeptember 9, 2014
Pros: executive office
Cons: 6 day work weeks
I started the company in 1988 and sold it in 1992. I stayed on as Vice President for Strategic Affairs.
I learned how to build new customer relationships.
My co-workers were excellent and always willing to learn.
The hardest part of my job was balancing other work obligations, however, I always made it work out!
fun co-workers horrible bosses
Certified Medication Aide (Current Employee), Washington, MOAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free meals and fun people to work with
Cons: expensive/bad insurance, hardly any breaks, management plays favorites
Our typical day at work goes by fast because there is always so much commotion going on. Management likes to play favorites and isn't very flexible with scheduling unless your in school. The companies motto is family first and I have only experienced one time where they let my family come first. On the plus side my co-workers is a great bunch of people – more... to work with and we all see each others point of views and usually agree with one another. But we can never get management to see our issues or address our issues. – less
O.K. workplace
Home Maker (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, MAJune 17, 2014
I loved all of my clients, but while I was working there, I was also pregnant. They were not very understanding about my situation.
Conveniently located workplace in Brooklyn with that is not stressful.
Title- Intake Coordinator for ACF Department (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 3, 2014
Pros: office area is near to a parking lot and a shopping mall.
Cons: work environment offers limited options for career growth.
Americare is a fascinating place to work in Brooklyn. Although, there is a friendly atmosphere, I learned it provides limited room for growth in the company. Management is cordial and relaxed. My co-workers appear to be friendly and we work well together as a team. Hardest parts of job are limited options for overtime and career growth.The most enjoyable – more... parts of job are kind co-workers and convenient Brooklyn workplace location near Kings Plaza Mall. – less
Terrible Experience
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 12, 2014
Pros: helping the elderly
Cons: no hours
This company gives no hours, no job stabilty or steady pay check. Coordinators rarely return your phone calls.
Nice Place to work
o Case manager for over 20 patients (Former Employee), Suffern, NYApril 29, 2014
Pros: made new friends, work was pretty easy
Cons: manager was a big gossiper
Nice Place to work - Management was very concerned about money.
Case Manager-RN
R.N. - Adult case manager (Former Employee), Rockland, N.Y.April 13, 2014
Pros: work scheduled was great; always got out on time.
Cons: the environment i worked in was not clean .
I enjoyed working with the mentally ill population. Their needs were multifaceted.
They needed the guidance in taking care of their health care needs; many of them appreciated the kindness you extended to them and you were a voice for those who could not speak up for themselves.
Satisfaction
Home Attendant (Former Employee), Brooklyn NYApril 13, 2014
Excelent worExcellent work place in which to learn, and a great opportunity to help people who really need it. Working with patients, helping them make more independent, is only part of the satisfaction of working in the area of health.kplace
Very fun enviroment
Medical Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas,TexasMarch 31, 2014
Great doctors, come in get rooms ready for patients,triage the patients assist in physical therapy.
No room for advancement
Data Entry Clerk/File clerk (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 15, 2014
This job is for someone who has no aspirations for better
The benefits don't benefit you
Raises are not offered even though they say they do at the interview
It's a decent place to work temporary
Co-workers are friendly
Awesome company to work for.
LPN-Corporate Staff Development Nurse (Former Employee), Sikeston, MOJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: management and co workers
Cons: i had to move away no facilities in indiana
Best job I have had in 25 years career I gained so much experience in this job.I learned how to be a better nurse and marketing, hiring and maintaining a great staff.
productive
Nursing Services Coordinator Level 2 (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: benefits
a typical day was productive, yet light.
I learned about billing
AmeriCare is a great company to work for. Here, you become acquainted with some of the most caring individuals.
Caregiver (Current Employee), Birmingham,AlabamaOctober 14, 2013
A typical day at work is similar to caring for a loved one in the comfort of their home. Cooking, cleaning and shopping is a snippet of what I do. Listening to the patients wants, needs and desires and being able to make most of these things happen makes them feel loved and me feel special.
Homehealth care
CAREgiver (Current Employee), Findlay, OHOctober 1, 2013
It was a great company to work for. While I was there I was able to certified in CPR. The people there were great, they taught me so much.

1 2 3