AmeriCare Employee Reviews

Americare was a decent place to work.
Patient account coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 4, 2016
I worked for Americare for the last 5 years. It was a experience of my first medical billing job. i learn a lot from the company about the field and as well ganged tones of experience. i was Laid off this pass January due to a company budget cut, so now i am unemployed but if Americare was to call offering me my poison back, i'll take it into a strong consideration but i do wish to explore my experience in other companies and hospitals.
Pros
Great location near shoppoing centers and in house cateria
Cons
barley give out raises and promotions
Loved working here!!
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Seffner, FLApril 4, 2016
I worked my way up from phone operator to front office manager in a matter of years. I loved meeting new guests and welcoming the returning guests each time they came back!
Pros
Meeting new people
A solid company
Regional Nurse Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sikeston, MODecember 30, 2015
Americare is a company that believes in their residents, staff and community is serves. They are very family oriented. I work a minimum of 40 hours per week. I travel most weeks 4 out 5 days and Fridays are usually in my office from home. Vice-President of the skilled division is a true role model for the skilled division. My co-worker is devoted and motivated to do the best job possible. The hardest part of job is separation of the job after I get home. I love people and feel I am a true advocate for the residents and the staff.
Pros
the opportunities they give me for education and the profession
Cons
long hours frequently.
My day enables me to interact with staff; speak to patients and other members of the care team.
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 24, 2015
My usual day consists of reviewing of reports and daily goals; interacting with the staff and assisting with any problems. My management staff and I meet on a weekly basis in order to keep on top of our workflow and maintain a level of quality in dealing with our patients and their families. I meet with the President and COO on a twice monthly basis to report on the status of the company that I run. I am pleased with the overall company that I run. I have always felt that the regulations and processes are a very important aspect of a company and it enables the staff to work in a smooth running and high quality environment.
Pros
Pros: Atmosphere is pleasant and staff tends to work well together.
Cons
Cons: Upper, upper management is too focused on the bottom line.
flexable hours and rewarding benefits
CNA II (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville NCAugust 16, 2015
My job requires me to work independently daily as well as check in with management on a weekly bases, keep track of my own hours worked and submit weekly. Management is always available if needed. The best part of my job is the flexibility and the hardest part is not being able to be available to my clients 24/7. I have learned patience, compassion and perseverance in the field of work that I have been in for 8yrs.
Temporary stepping stone
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 11, 2015
I was very excited to start my career in the healthcare field. I was told I was a temp employee on my job interview which I did not mind and later found out I was not. Changing plans on a daily basis seems to be a trend in this office. AmeriCare as a company seems to "have it together", but the managers/supervisors of specific departments DO NOT.

New employees, do not expect to be provided proper training, you will be thrown into the cage with little knowledge and understanding.

If you are looking for a temporary job with friendly coworkers in a nice neighborhood this is the place for you. If you are looking for a place to grow with and are looking for a healthy salary, this is not the place for you.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Lack of training/management, Annual salary, Etc.
fast past environment, always busy
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  brooklyn nyJuly 27, 2015
Answering telephone and directing the caller to the appropriate associate. Will transfer a caller to an associate’s voice mailbox when the associate is unavailable. Providing callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information. Coordinating the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS).Greeting and directing visitors to the company.
Employees are overworked and underpaid
Certified Medication Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJuly 19, 2015
The only good thing about this company is the people you care for. The management team is very rude and doesn't work well together. A lot of things are swept under the rug. This is suppose to be a assistant living but is ran like a nursing home. The residents aren't taken care of properly and the staff is treated poorly. You're given vacation time but have to beg to use it.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Short/No breaks. Underpaid
Emt
Emergency Medical Technician-Operations (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJune 27, 2016
Worked here shortly, but was hired right when they tried to develop ALS trucks. Otherwise, this company only did BLS transfers, primarily dialysis appointments for patients back and forth from ECFs and facilities. I learned basic narrative writing skills and how to comply with Medicare procedure for proper billing purposes (i.e. wording and such). This was a privately owned company, and so money and funding were low, and therefor most of the supplies were never used aside from occasional ice packs and sheets per transfer. They were not able to afford power cots, so all lifting was manual. Aside from being one of the smallest employees at the company, I was assigned to the bariatric cot even when I requested to be transferred to a regular cot/ambulance. However, management never made any changes even after multiple request and a verbal writing explaining my previous history with 3 knee surgeries and knee pain. After 4 months, finally my knee gave out and I had to resign due to up coming surgery for injured knee. Around the same time, the company had started to mess with the hours of all employees without any warning or explanation and shifted people from the "Wishard System" (x2 12hr days on x2 days off and 3 days weekends every other week). Many employees quit at this time, and within 2 months the company went bankrupt and was bought out by another company.
Pros
Lots of free time; good salary; Hours (up till the end)
Cons
no power cots, majority of pts bariatric and overweight
Great Residents and Families
CMA (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MOSeptember 7, 2015
management can and will change your schedule at anytime without notifying you prior to the change. this happens almost daily. it makes it very difficult to plan for anything. and do not expect a consistent schedule.
Great place to work and put a smile on a child's face while they sick!
Health Care (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNMay 21, 2015
worked 12 hour shifts three times a week
Help assist children in daily living
take vital signs
help the doctors/nurses with procedures
prime IV fluids
help start IV's
help with Code if a patient stop breathing
communicate with RN's, doctors when needed
document patient's vitals, in/out put
admit/discharge patients
always made sure patient and families had what they needed

I learned that children can be so much stronger than adults!

Management was great and co-workers. We all worked as a team!

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing kids with a smile even if they did not feel good cause you know that you are doing your job. When they get to go home after beating whatever they came in dealing with.
Pros
discounts
productive work place
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  OHMay 25, 2015
a typical day at the work place taking care of clients and making sure the work place is safe and clean the co-workers were great to get along with the manager was very friendly to the co-workers their were no hard parts to my job I enjoyed every moment of my days working for this place
Pros
bathing, dressing, and or grooming the patients in the residents
Cons
healthcare provider
Poor Time management
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn NyJuly 27, 2015
Unsupportive management that limits your career path and restrict growth and development. I have been with this organization for 5 years and never received a bonus or pay increase.
Pros
Cons
Team Morale, Incentives, or career path
Upper Management is terrible
Administrator (Former Employee) –  KansasJuly 2, 2015
regional director in this part of the state is bad. Fires the wrong people.. Loved working with the seniors. CNA's very under rate. DON's in general are treasured, regardless of behavior.
Pros
Love being with seniors
Cons
very clickish
fun co-workers horrible bosses
Certified Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Washington, MOAugust 20, 2014
Our typical day at work goes by fast because there is always so much commotion going on. Management likes to play favorites and isn't very flexible with scheduling unless your in school. The companies motto is family first and I have only experienced one time where they let my family come first. On the plus side my co-workers is a great bunch of people to work with and we all see each others point of views and usually agree with one another. But we can never get management to see our issues or address our issues.
Pros
free meals and fun people to work with
Cons
expensive/bad insurance, hardly any breaks, management plays favorites
Conveniently located workplace in Brooklyn with that is not stressful.
Title- Intake Coordinator for ACF Department (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 3, 2014
Americare is a fascinating place to work in Brooklyn. Although, there is a friendly atmosphere, I learned it provides limited room for growth in the company. Management is cordial and relaxed. My co-workers appear to be friendly and we work well together as a team. Hardest parts of job are limited options for overtime and career growth.The most enjoyable parts of job are kind co-workers and convenient Brooklyn workplace location near Kings Plaza Mall.
Pros
office area is near to a parking lot and a shopping mall.
Cons
work environment offers limited options for career growth.
Enjoyed growing the company
Vice President Strategic Business Development (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 9, 2014
I started the company in 1988 and sold it in 1992. I stayed on as Vice President for Strategic Affairs.
I learned how to build new customer relationships.
My co-workers were excellent and always willing to learn.
The hardest part of my job was balancing other work obligations, however, I always made it work out!
Pros
executive office
Cons
6 day work weeks
Hands on
Live-In Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 29, 2012
Assisted Alzheimer and Dementia patient in her home.
Assisted with bathing, personal hygiene, changing, ambulation, medication, light cooking and housekeeping.
Used assistive devices as needed for ambulation and transferring patient.
Assisted with bathing, personal hygiene, changing, and ambulation
Changed clients’ clothing and assisted with feeding.
Successfully used equipment for transferring patients including Hoyer lift and other assistive devices.
My co-workers is pretty much understanding and very fun to work with.The hardest part of my job i would have to say nothing because i love my job and i love what i do.
Pros
going out with my patients/clients. to the park, lunch, church.
Cons
health care
Great life experience and a fantastic community interaction environment
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Seffner, FLAugust 1, 2012
Coworkers in the EMS field are unlike any other coworkers- the companionship you create from being in very tense situations are non comparable. You learn how to handle any level of stress in any level of a situation.
Pros
4 12 hour shifts, great experience with people and tense situations
Cons
no lunch breaks, non-stop environment
great if interested in medical career
Patient Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 11, 2012
This job is great if you are just starting out in the working field. The job requires simple directional procedures in filing, copying and pulling patient records. This position is also a good starting job to have if you are interested in pursuing a medical career. You have an opportunity to interact with nurses, patients and learn medical terminology.