AmeriCare Employee Reviews

Temporary stepping stone
Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: Lack of training/management, Annual salary, Etc.
I was very excited to start my career in the healthcare field. I was told I was a temp employee on my job interview which I did not mind and later found out I was not. Changing plans on a daily basis seems to be a trend in this office. AmeriCare as a company seems to "have it together", but the managers/supervisors of specific departments DO NOT.

New employees, do not expect to be provided proper training, you will be thrown into the cage with little knowledge and understanding.

If you are looking for a temporary job with friendly coworkers in a nice neighborhood this is the place for you. If you are looking for a place to grow with and are looking for a healthy salary, this is not the place for you.
fast past environment, always busy
Receptionist (Former Employee), brooklyn nyJuly 27, 2015
Answering telephone and directing the caller to the appropriate associate. Will transfer a caller to an associate’s voice mailbox when the associate is unavailable. Providing callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information. Coordinating the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS).Greeting and directing visitors to the company.
Poor Time management
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Brooklyn NyJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Location
Cons: Team Morale, Incentives, or career path
Unsupportive management that limits your career path and restrict growth and development. I have been with this organization for 5 years and never received a bonus or pay increase.
Employees are overworked and underpaid
Certified Medication Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Peters, MOJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Health Benefits
Cons: Short/No breaks. Underpaid
The only good thing about this company is the people you care for. The management team is very rude and doesn't work well together. A lot of things are swept under the rug. This is suppose to be a assistant living but is ran like a nursing home. The residents aren't taken care of properly and the staff is treated poorly. You're given vacation time but have to beg to use it.
Upper Management is terrible
Administrator (Former Employee), KansasJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Love being with seniors
Cons: very clickish
regional director in this part of the state is bad. Fires the wrong people.. Loved working with the seniors. CNA's very under rate. DON's in general are treasured, regardless of behavior.
productive work place
Health Care Provider (Former Employee), OHMay 25, 2015
Pros: bathing, dressing, and or grooming the patients in the residents
Cons: healthcare provider
a typical day at the work place taking care of clients and making sure the work place is safe and clean the co-workers were great to get along with the manager was very friendly to the co-workers their were no hard parts to my job I enjoyed every moment of my days working for this place
Great place to work and put a smile on a child's face while they sick!
Health Care (Former Employee), Spring Hill, TNMay 21, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: none
worked 12 hour shifts three times a week
Help assist children in daily living
take vital signs
help the doctors/nurses with procedures
prime IV fluids
help start IV's
help with Code if a patient stop breathing
communicate with RN's, doctors when needed
document patient's vitals, in/out put
admit/discharge patients
always made sure patient and families had what they needed

I learned that children can be so much stronger than adults!

Management was great and co-workers. We all worked as a team!

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing kids with a smile even if they did not feel good cause you know that you are doing your job. When they get to go home after beating whatever they came in dealing with.
Wonderful Co-workers
Nursing Coordinator (Former Employee), Toledo, OHDecember 22, 2014
Pros: wonderful coworkers!
Learned now the back side of the home health business worked. The scheduling, insurance, required documents and everything needed to make the company stay compliant and functioning.
Nice place to work
CMA (Former Employee), Saint Clair, MODecember 8, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: didn't like working midnight shift was the only one there
Great place to work, loved the people I worked with. Very good training, nice people to work for. Very clean, professional building. The residents were all very sweet, and caring. The only thing I didn't like was working midnight shift by myself.
productive and fun work environment
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bryan, OHNovember 13, 2014
I learned additional computer skills. The atmosphere was laid back. Management was understanding and answered all questions in a timely manner.
Fun atmosphere
LVN Assistant (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free ice cream
Cons: no benefits
A job for teenagers to get work experience. Very fun, managment is great. They truly care for their employees.
Busy Busy
Special Project Team/ Sr. Scheduler (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 19, 2014
Follow up with Home Health aides regarding appointments with patients. Health insurance verification. Scheduling for multiple Nurses according to patients' needs. Light phone. Light reception work.

Learned everything about Home health care. Insurance verifications and light coding.
ok company
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Brooklyn NYOctober 11, 2014
could be better in the way they handle there coworkers and give thm more time
Great learning environrment
Student Internship Administrator (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNSeptember 25, 2014
I really enjoyed my experience as a student here at Americare. They have shown me all there is to know about their company for assisted living. I feel confident that I will possess the knowledge needed to go far in my career in being in Healthcare Management.
Enjoyed growing the company
Vice President Strategic Business Development (Former Employee), Troy, MISeptember 9, 2014
Pros: executive office
Cons: 6 day work weeks
I started the company in 1988 and sold it in 1992. I stayed on as Vice President for Strategic Affairs.
I learned how to build new customer relationships.
My co-workers were excellent and always willing to learn.
The hardest part of my job was balancing other work obligations, however, I always made it work out!
fun co-workers horrible bosses
Certified Medication Aide (Current Employee), Washington, MOAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free meals and fun people to work with
Cons: expensive/bad insurance, hardly any breaks, management plays favorites
Our typical day at work goes by fast because there is always so much commotion going on. Management likes to play favorites and isn't very flexible with scheduling unless your in school. The companies motto is family first and I have only experienced one time where they let my family come first. On the plus side my co-workers is a great bunch of people to work with and we all see each others point of views and usually agree with one another. But we can never get management to see our issues or address our issues.
O.K. workplace
Home Maker (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, MAJune 17, 2014
I loved all of my clients, but while I was working there, I was also pregnant. They were not very understanding about my situation.
Conveniently located workplace in Brooklyn with that is not stressful.
Title- Intake Coordinator for ACF Department (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 3, 2014
Pros: office area is near to a parking lot and a shopping mall.
Cons: work environment offers limited options for career growth.
Americare is a fascinating place to work in Brooklyn. Although, there is a friendly atmosphere, I learned it provides limited room for growth in the company. Management is cordial and relaxed. My co-workers appear to be friendly and we work well together as a team. Hardest parts of job are limited options for overtime and career growth.The most enjoyable parts of job are kind co-workers and convenient Brooklyn workplace location near Kings Plaza Mall.
Terrible Experience
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 12, 2014
Pros: helping the elderly
Cons: no hours
This company gives no hours, no job stabilty or steady pay check. Coordinators rarely return your phone calls.
Nice Place to work
o Case manager for over 20 patients (Former Employee), Suffern, NYApril 29, 2014
Pros: made new friends, work was pretty easy
Cons: manager was a big gossiper
Nice Place to work - Management was very concerned about money.