Americas Thrift Stores Employee Reviews

Youll love working here as much as i did
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALJune 20, 2017
Very fun filled work place. One of my favorite jobs by far. Always on the go steady paced. Easy going type of workers. A sure place that you'll want to work
June 26, 2017

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! What did you like most about working for us?

Ok
Front donation trailer attendant (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALMay 19, 2017
Too much drama wish they had less people that cause drama and more people that work and not cause drama at all if there was no drama in the world the world would be a better place
June 26, 2017

We appreciate your honest feedback! While we try to limit the amount of drama in the workplace, sometimes people bring the drama to work with them. I agree we could all use more productivity and less drama.

Not a place to stay at for very long. Very low pay, poor management, Move on.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Gardendale, ALMay 13, 2017
Worst management ever experienced. No communication between them and employees. Rules and work methods change daily. Work made harder by people not showing up regularly or on time, not doing jobs, quitting, cant keep anyone very long and management expecting work to be done by too few employees. Special treatment for some employees by management. Employees get blame for not enough done, managements fault. Quitting best thing I ever did.
Pros
weekends off some of time
Cons
Very low pay for work expected.
May 16, 2017

Hello, I am sorry for your bad experience! It is our goal to understand what we are doing wrong and address what we can. To change things, we ask for specific details to help us identify the real issues.
Please tell me specific things that we can do better as a company to communicate better. How can we control absenteeism and tardiness better?
What specific things can be done to prevent turnover within this store?
Give me an example of the favoritism within this store.

I appreciate your feedback!

Very upbeat place to work, very friendly and polite staff.
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALApril 4, 2017
I would recommend anyone to work at Americas thrift store . It's super friendly, up beat, and motivational. There are no dull days in that work place.
Pros
Exceptional time for breaks
Cons
No air conditioning or heat
fun workplace
Retail Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 18, 2017
Great workplace, great employees, fun work environment loved the prices, hardest part of the job was stocking clothing overall loved working for this company
Pros
good environment
Very organized , fun working enviroment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 21, 2017
I loved working for Americas Thrift store. Everyone had a good attitude about working and it was fun! Organized , with daily plans. I would definitely refer this work place to people.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
Too far to drive
Horrible work environment & Old
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSDecember 17, 2016
Working here you have to be prepared to be asked to do one thing by one person &' another by the next. There is no organization amongst the managers &' the employees are " just there ".. For the amount of work they want you to do whether it be picking clothes up off the floor, going through &' fixing clothing on racks, taking things to where they belong, inhaling loads of dust, the ancient scanner issues, the nasty bathrooms and break areas, short breaks &' majority of the time no lunch... very few hrs... they simply DO NOT pay enough &' I am VERY GLAD I no longer work here..
Cons
Short breaks, extreme amounts of dust, rude mngmt, nasty bathrooms &' break areas
bad experience
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 13, 2016
somewhere i would never want to work again . pay checks were never on time . never correct amount. management was bad all expect one assistant manage .
Pros
lunch
Cons
pay checks
Stressful and disorganized
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 21, 2016
Since new ownership, America's Thrift Store has become very disorganized. Management is overworked. The main priority is meeting quotas set by corporate not customer service. When you need mgt assistance up front it takes forever for a supervisor to appear. This means customers are kept waiting.
They keep eliminating positions and cutting hours. As a cashier who is a long time employee I used to be guaranteed 35 to 40 hours. Last week I worked 20. Corporate keeps creating weird policies like turning in picked vacation days for the whole year by March. Insurance is about 70 per pay period.
Customer service has fallen to the wayside. Cashiers are not given enough learning time. Alot are shuffled around alot so they only know the basics and cannot provide prompt quick service because they're too knew.
Also, most new employees are Spanish speaking only. People trying to get hired who are not that, can't seem to get hired.
Pros
Production gets breaks every two hours.
Cons
Rude supervisors, Mgt playing favorites, Quotas, cutting hours, hot working conditions, dusty
Good working environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALOctober 18, 2016
I learned to work as a team, the hardest thing in work sometimes was the psychical effort, but the good thing is we have two breaks during the day as a plus to the lunch time.
Pros
Good medical insurance.
Cons
Hourly payment.
Rude managment, overworking, okay pay an steady hours
Processing (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALSeptember 22, 2016
The managers here treat their employees with no respect. The harder you work, the worse it gets unless you are a favorite. They choose who they do and don't like. They also talk about the other employees. They expect one person to do way more than they can handle, in a very hot workplace on top of that. The pay is okay but it's not worth the physical damage they put on your body. The only good thing really is the hours. If you work in the back you come in Monday thru Friday at the same times each day. Long story short, don't work here unless you can handle a very stressful and tense environment.
Pros
Hours and pay
Cons
Managers
I love this place, the experience were great.
Loan Processor/Mortgage Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnetka, CASeptember 20, 2016
I love this working environment, I love the people and management department, they were so helpful. I reason i had to leave the company because i was living far from my work place.
Pros
good paid
Cons
driving
Overall Experience of My time Working here
Wholesale Stocker (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALSeptember 15, 2016
I would come in at seven in the morning. I learned how to do wholesale and work the register better. The management was rude. They also talked about other coworkers to other coworkers. My coworkers were really nice, friendly, and extremely helpful when I was in need of help. The hardest part of my job was trying to help everybody who needed help so they wouldn't get in trouble. The most enjoyable part of my job was making all the customers happy and hearing some of their story's.
Pros
Really nice customers
Cons
Rude Managment
horrible place to work
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rainbow City, ALSeptember 12, 2016
Let expect you to be the perfect person they also act like they like you but in all reality they don't. Management sucks they never come when called or they have a terrible attitude trust me I almost works my 90 days and was let go for no apparent reason I was always early never called out and came in when they needed its not a good place to work
Pros
10% discount
customer service
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 16, 2016
This company is a souvenir company. I learned better customer service and how to give great service to people who speak different languages
Excellent Management Opportunity
Director (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 25, 2016
Working at ATS is very rewarding because not only are you supporting your family. You are helping to support worthy causes in your local community.

There is always room to advance within the company.

New management is trying to change to a people centered culture.

Now is a very exciting time to work here!
Pros
Very involved in Charitable Organizations within the local community
Cons
Demanding work schedule
productive and fun filled work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 19, 2016
Great workers, excellent co workers, great atmosphere to work in, also management was excellent ,everyday was a challenge to see who would get the most in sells
50/50 shot-Decent company
Donation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALMarch 16, 2016
The company itself is great, it is a wonderful way to help local and national people in need. The ADLM is a bit tricky to deal with as he is quite inconsistent in his intentions-hard to tell what his motives are. His higher ups are much nicer though.
Pros
Helpful company
Cons
The Area Manager
love working in fun place
CEO - Mega Petroleum (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHOctober 6, 2015
I established a fully trusted customers, more than 8 years since I left that job still having a lot of friends asking about me from that place
Learned Firestop
Mechanical Insulator and Labor (Current Employee) –  Middlesex, NJSeptember 21, 2015
Learning how to seal penetrations such as electrical, plumbing and any hole penetration visible. Learning how to maintain a site and supervise the workers.
Pros
Free lunch and extra tools giveouts
Cons
Pays a little late

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Americas Thrift Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval