Americinn Employee Reviews

Really good job
Breakfast Attendant and Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Douglas, MIFebruary 8, 2017
This job was really fun and challenging I learned a lot about dealing with customers and how to work fast and effectively. Also adapting to new challenges every day was very exciting because every guest has their own stories and problems to solve.
Pros
Amazing coworkers, discounts on room stays at other hotels, The hotel in douglas michigan gets local discounts
Adored Work Place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ashland, WIDecember 20, 2016
The AmericInn was my first place of employment and I worked there for almost four years. I enjoyed every minute of it and was very sad to leave.
Cozy Lodge and Suites with a Unique Style
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILDecember 18, 2016
I mainly worked 3-11 shift doing laundry, answering multiple phone lines and checking in and out guests at the same time. The hotel was usually always busy, and the two conference rooms on the weekends were always booked; which is not a problem unless the employee for that shift is working all by herself with a sold out hotel, 2 conference rooms booked, in house calls, outside calls, being at the desk helping guests answer questions, and expected to continuously do laundry that the first shift never finished. That got pretty old very quick, but I stayed for a good amount of time.

I learned a new reservation system with already knowing a previous one.

Management were located in a different state, and hardly ever there. Things we needed were always needed for the guests, and once they did get these items ordered they were very cheap. Also, based on my previous hotel experience I definitely did not get the salary per hour that I thought I should have received by any means.

Co-workers were pretty awesome. i only usually saw the first shift front desk agent and third shifts. We never had any issues with each other.

The most enjoyable part of that job was talking with the regular guests on a daily basis and getting to know them better, as well as meeting new people everyday.
Job was OK
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNDecember 3, 2016
I liked working at AmericInn the manager was really nice and most of the co-workers were easy to work with but there was one co-worker who acted like he was the boss and I had problems with him being 1/2 hour or more late every day and then he thought I should get another job if it was a problem so I found a different job and quit in 1 day.
Pros
I worked alone
Cons
I worked every weekend
Amazing people to work!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Osage, IAJuly 12, 2016
People were amazing! Go to work get something to eat the go to work cleaning room, bathrooms and the pool area then go down and see if there is anything else to do then if not clock out and go home
Pros
wornderful people
bad work place
house keeper (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MNJune 24, 2016
The house keepers ate rude they complain to much and act like they hate there job the night front desk employee is always on her phone when needed and the rooms smell like ciggeretts and wet dog
Pros
free coffe
Cons
cold coffe
been a long time
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Peosta, IAMay 30, 2016
The hotel is no longer a AmericInn, when I opened thehotel it was clean and crisp. Now I cannot answer for their hotel or staffing
Great overall place to work. Owners are a little tight.
Breakfast Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNMay 20, 2016
Good organization at this place. Unfortunately owner does not want to pay better wages and therefore has a hard time holding staff. Has favoritism of next door hotel that is also owned. Management really tries to accommodate and help with tasks when busy. Co-workers are good. This job is easy and fun. Great to work with the guests who come back year after year. This place is quite homey and should be kept that way, people appreciate that.
Pros
Guests and management.
Cons
Poor pay for whats required- only minimum.
Americinn
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ironwood, MIApril 30, 2016
Manager was extremely difficult to work for and I was ultimately terminated.I never worked harder for someone who treated me worse.
ok
Front Desk/ Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAApril 30, 2016
The coworkers make the day good! The owners are not some of the nicest or easiest people to get along with.. The manager is usually very helpful and likable.
Enjoyable, and learning things about guests
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Monmouth, ILApril 13, 2016
A typical night at work, includes a lot of cleaning, getting the breakfast room set up for the morning, and running the nightly audit. I have learned a lot more about customer relations here, than I have the other two places I have worked. The management is great, as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of my job, was audit before I got the hang of it. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning about the guests, and swapping stories, and trying to relate to them.
a place to advace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMarch 26, 2016
Since I have been hired with this company I have quickly found ways to thrive not only in the position but as a person in general.
A family oriented company
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Osage, IAJanuary 26, 2016
My manager was wonderful, she treated us employees like family. Our families benefited from our working there also. We were able to have our families come eat breakfast with us and we were able to stay with our families at a discount when the hotel was not booked. We receive discounts to stay at Americinn Hotels all around the country.
Pros
Nice discounts, family oriented
Cons
Long hours, no breaks
Great place to work, family like enviornment
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ironwood, MIJanuary 12, 2016
AmericInn makes each individual feel at home, very cozy environment with a great staff that will make you feel like family. Front desk work can be stressful at times but teaching life long skills that you will continue to use throughout your career. Communication skills are a MUST. As a Guest Service Rep, you are the face of your hotel, you will be what people remember... make it a great experience for everyone.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Great Management
Its a job
Housekeeping/Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Ashland, WIDecember 13, 2015
demanding work atmosphere. most employees have a negative attitude. management does a poor job. customers are either enjoyable to encounter or absolutely terrible.
I enjoyed meeting new people while employed at this business
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Grundy Center, IAAugust 9, 2015
I enjoyed working at AmericInn because of the customers. I was able to meet new people as well as accommodating their needs. I particularly loved working with my co workers and had nothing but admiration for them as well as my bosses.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Sometimes patrons would completely mess up rooms and it was difficult to stay on schedule.
It was a pretty good job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MNJuly 28, 2015
I liked the routine because I knew what to do but every room is different and sometimes you find funny stuff people left. Also sometimes people leave tips.
Productive and fun workplace
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Hartford, SDJuly 17, 2015
This hotel is clean and beautiful. AmericInn has lots of amenities and friendly service. The suites are huge and have hot tubs. The rooms are beautiful and up to date. There is always hot coffee ready for the guest.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Healthcare
Great Place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monona, WIJuly 2, 2015
This is a wonderful place to work for if your a college student or fresh out of high school. Management is excellent!!!!!! I would recommend anyone to work here. Thumbs up..
Fast paced
Desk Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKJuly 1, 2015
Fast paced, meet great people, flexible work schedule, makes fresh cookies in the evening daily, has indoor pool and hot tub, clean rooms, and fitness center

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Americinn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8