Americinn

Americinn Employee Reviews

Cleaned hotel rooms in the mornings
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Merrill, WIMay 8, 2015
Pros: enjoy cleaning
Cons: Would have liked more hours
Was starting work by 8 on week day and 10 on weekends, cleaned all rooms that needed to be cleaned and guests who stay more than two nights.
good place to work for a esay and decent paying job
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDDecember 27, 2014
it was easy work for the money but not enough hours to support a family of five however the staff and co workers were very nice and easy to get along with

a typical day would consist on getting thing painted or repaired as needed than cleaning up the pool room or the activity centers going to run arrends for the company's other businesses or properties

I learn a lot of simple maintanence duties how to check levels in the pool and remodeling experience
goog ok place
Housekeeping/Supervisor (Former Employee), Rochester, MNAugust 18, 2014
good fast place to work they need some work with people skill
productive work place. alway answering phones and setting up reservation for guest
Front desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Douglas, MIJune 5, 2014
Pros: getting to meet diffrernt people.
a typical work day for me is answering phones and setting up reservations for guest. always on the phone and computer. I learned how to make resrvations. all my co workers are very hard working and friendly.the hardest part of the job is when theirs nothing to do I get to speak with people all day.
Be careful when working
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Roseau, MNJune 3, 2014
Pros: free swimming, cheap rooms
Cons: poor management
It was a good job to start out with, but soon I was working full-time hours when I asked for part-time, and was working and covering shifts for others that did not show up. I enjoyed making friendships with the other workers, but did not enjoy picking up ALL of the slack from them.
Productive and Family Work place
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Fargo, NDApril 24, 2014
I start my job at 9am during the week and 10am on the weekends. My board and my sheet of rooms and key is waiting for me already. I clock in and start stocking my cart. I work at my own pace and I am usually the first one done. After I am done I ask others if they need any help and I help them. I really would not say that there is any hard part to this job. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that my clean rooms everyday somebody enjoys them. The cleanliness of them and I like my rooms to sparkle and that's what I do.
The importance of sterilization
Hotel Housekeeping (Former Employee), Pampa, TXApril 8, 2014
Having an entire room cleaned and sanitized in 12 minutes. Not ever to touch personal belongings of occupants.
Great company to work for
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Osage, IAFebruary 1, 2014
The management staff is great and very professional. They are very professional and understanding when situations arise.
Fun and easy place to work at
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Plover, WisconsinJanuary 27, 2014
I love the quietness and talking with people on a daily basis
Steady hrs, in-experianced management.
Housekeeping Team Leader - Hotel (Former Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: customer attitudes
Good job if your just starting out working for the first time. Hours were steady and only paid minimum wage. I worked as a clerk while employed and tended to minor janitorial duties.
Professional work environment with educational management experience
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Hutchinson, MNNovember 10, 2013
Pros: fun manager, great responsibility
Cons: short breaks, only one manager on staff in busy check-in times
A typical work day at the AmericInn could vary quite a bit, but a few of the items we were responsible for as front desk managers were making reservations, check-ins, check-outs, organizing documents per company standards, customer service and dealing with any issues that came our way. I learned through this job to always be on my toes and know that the customer/client is always right. This is a skill – more... that has taken me far in life as many companies value this same motto.

The manger of this company was fun and would compliment me when I handled rough situations. He was very supportive and knew that sometimes the customer could be a little difficult when things did not go their way. Although I mainly worked alone, my co-workers were friendly and we could relate with the same frustrations each day. We could also glean new ideas from each other in team meetings on handling various hotel situations that arise from time to time.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with the difficult client from time to time, but I believe it made me stronger and I learned to stay calm and collected during these times. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people and managing a team that taught me responsibility and how a company runs as a whole. – less
Challenging
Front Desk/Night Auditor/Housekeeper (Former Employee), Monroe,wiOctober 10, 2013
Pros: working alone and at a steady pace as well as helping others
Cons: not much guidance and the pay was awful for all the responsibilities i had
I worked front desk 3rd shift where I was in charge of doing night audit, cleaning the pool, doing laundry and preparing breakfast. When things went wrong there was noone around to help and i had to figure most things out on my own because the manager never answered the phone during my shift. I loved working by myself though.
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Stillwater, MNOctober 5, 2013
Pros: free breakfast, friendly coworkers, tips
Cons: vacuums broke a lot, not enough inventory
A typical day at work would start with clocking in at 9:30am, picking up our list of rooms at the front desk, grabbing our housekeeping key, and stocking our cart. Then we would open and strip all of our rooms, make beds, dust, clean bathrooms, vaccuum, and spray the rooms with air freshener. We do have some stay over rooms and those we make the beds, dust, and clean the bathroom to the best of our – more... ability due to the guests stuff being in the room. Once we are done with our rooms we restock the carts, sometimes depending on the day we vaccuum the halls, clock out, and take out our trash. I learned that the best way to keep a professional work environment is to save any talk that isn't work related for outside of work. The manager of the hotel made my job a lot less stressful and I enjoyed working for that manager very much. My housekeeping manager was friendly most of the time but other times unprofessional, played favorites, and handled situations in an unprofessional and offensive manner. My coworkers were friendly, helpful and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job would be cleaning rooms that were trashed or had unsanitary things left in them. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting interesting guests and making sure their stay was enjoyable and having them thank us for our hard work. – less
Front Desk Staff (Current Employee), Elkhorn, WISeptember 18, 2013
Working at a hotel really gives you a wide range of learning opportunities. I really like to work with people, so this gives me a great chance to interact with people on another level. I really like working here but I am looking for something more challenging in my field.
Very Productive and everyone is great
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Ironwood, MISeptember 11, 2013
Pros: i make 9.49 an hour
Cons: it's only part time
Once I get to work I clock in, I look to see how many rooms I need to clean or if I deep clean. I start by organizing my cart to start my day. My co-workers are great we're like family. I like when we get new workers, I get to train them and teach them our procedures. I'm sure when someone who doesn't know anything about housekeeping think wow she's a house keeper that has to suck. It's hard work and I don't mind doing it.
The best part about my job is that I know if I need something I can ask anyone that works there for anything without complain or hesitate to help.
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Ironwood, MISeptember 10, 2013
Pros: kept physically fit
Cons: under paid
I worked part time in housekeeping at the Americinn. It was a very physically demanding job but needed to find full or part time employment with better pay. The area I lived in, there were few jobs, so I made the decision to move to the Wausau area and find a job that would be better for myself and for my family.
Lower pay than most hotels in Ames Iowa
Guest Services / Auditor (Former Employee), Ames, IAJuly 24, 2013
Great boss, but the pay sucks. Front Desk Does all the Laundry and the housekeepers were using moving so slow that they front desk agent would also have to go make up rooms as guest are checking in
bad mangement
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 4, 2013
I loved the people that stayed there but the managment was very unfair and sexest !!!
Loved this job. Enjoyed meeting new people everyday.
Assistant General Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Shawano, WIApril 12, 2013
Accomplished cleaning tasks
Nightly audit on daily transactions (Night Auditor)
Handled cash/credit card transactions
Answered phones
Took reservations
Checked guests in and out of the system
Filed guest registrations
Fun work environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Menomonie, WIMarch 6, 2013
Pros: freedom
Cons: quiet
There are quite a few diffrent jobs that have to get done everyday, but it is relaxed and fun. I never dreded going to work.

Americinn Salaries