Americinn Employee Reviews in United States

Americinn
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ironwood, MIApril 30, 2016
Manager was extremely difficult to work for and I was ultimately terminated.I never worked harder for someone who treated me worse.
a place to advace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMarch 26, 2016
Since I have been hired with this company I have quickly found ways to thrive not only in the position but as a person in general.
A family oriented company
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Osage, IAJanuary 26, 2016
My manager was wonderful, she treated us employees like family. Our families benefited from our working there also. We were able to have our families come eat breakfast with us and we were able to stay with our families at a discount when the hotel was not booked. We receive discounts to stay at Americinn Hotels all around the country.
Pros
Nice discounts, family oriented
Cons
Long hours, no breaks
Great place to work, family like enviornment
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ironwood, MIJanuary 12, 2016
AmericInn makes each individual feel at home, very cozy environment with a great staff that will make you feel like family. Front desk work can be stressful at times but teaching life long skills that you will continue to use throughout your career. Communication skills are a MUST. As a Guest Service Rep, you are the face of your hotel, you will be what people remember... make it a great experience for everyone.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Great Management
Its a job
Housekeeping/Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Ashland, WIDecember 13, 2015
demanding work atmosphere. most employees have a negative attitude. management does a poor job. customers are either enjoyable to encounter or absolutely terrible.
I enjoyed meeting new people while employed at this business
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Grundy Center, IAAugust 9, 2015
I enjoyed working at AmericInn because of the customers. I was able to meet new people as well as accommodating their needs. I particularly loved working with my co workers and had nothing but admiration for them as well as my bosses.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Sometimes patrons would completely mess up rooms and it was difficult to stay on schedule.
It was a pretty good job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MNJuly 28, 2015
I liked the routine because I knew what to do but every room is different and sometimes you find funny stuff people left. Also sometimes people leave tips.
Productive and fun workplace
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Hartford, SDJuly 17, 2015
This hotel is clean and beautiful. AmericInn has lots of amenities and friendly service. The suites are huge and have hot tubs. The rooms are beautiful and up to date. There is always hot coffee ready for the guest.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Healthcare
Great Place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monona, WIJuly 2, 2015
This is a wonderful place to work for if your a college student or fresh out of high school. Management is excellent!!!!!! I would recommend anyone to work here. Thumbs up..
Fast paced
Desk Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKJuly 1, 2015
Fast paced, meet great people, flexible work schedule, makes fresh cookies in the evening daily, has indoor pool and hot tub, clean rooms, and fitness center
Cleaned hotel rooms in the mornings
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Merrill, WIMay 8, 2015
Was starting work by 8 on week day and 10 on weekends, cleaned all rooms that needed to be cleaned and guests who stay more than two nights.
Pros
enjoy cleaning
Cons
Would have liked more hours
good place to work for a esay and decent paying job
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDDecember 27, 2014
it was easy work for the money but not enough hours to support a family of five however the staff and co workers were very nice and easy to get along with

a typical day would consist on getting thing painted or repaired as needed than cleaning up the pool room or the activity centers going to run arrends for the company's other businesses or properties

I learn a lot of simple maintanence duties how to check levels in the pool and remodeling experience
goog ok place
Housekeeping/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 18, 2014
good fast place to work they need some work with people skill
productive work place. alway answering phones and setting up reservation for guest
Front desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Douglas, MIJune 5, 2014
a typical work day for me is answering phones and setting up reservations for guest. always on the phone and computer. I learned how to make resrvations. all my co workers are very hard working and friendly.the hardest part of the job is when theirs nothing to do I get to speak with people all day.
Pros
getting to meet diffrernt people.
Be careful when working
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Roseau, MNJune 3, 2014
It was a good job to start out with, but soon I was working full-time hours when I asked for part-time, and was working and covering shifts for others that did not show up. I enjoyed making friendships with the other workers, but did not enjoy picking up ALL of the slack from them.
Pros
free swimming, cheap rooms
Cons
poor management
Productive and Family Work place
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 24, 2014
I start my job at 9am during the week and 10am on the weekends. My board and my sheet of rooms and key is waiting for me already. I clock in and start stocking my cart. I work at my own pace and I am usually the first one done. After I am done I ask others if they need any help and I help them. I really would not say that there is any hard part to this job. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that my clean rooms everyday somebody enjoys them. The cleanliness of them and I like my rooms to sparkle and that's what I do.
The importance of sterilization
Hotel Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXApril 8, 2014
Having an entire room cleaned and sanitized in 12 minutes. Not ever to touch personal belongings of occupants.
Great company to work for
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Osage, IAFebruary 1, 2014
The management staff is great and very professional. They are very professional and understanding when situations arise.
Fun and easy place to work at
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Plover, WisconsinJanuary 27, 2014
I love the quietness and talking with people on a daily basis
Steady hrs, in-experianced management.
Housekeeping Team Leader - Hotel (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 1, 2014
Good job if your just starting out working for the first time. Hours were steady and only paid minimum wage. I worked as a clerk while employed and tended to minor janitorial duties.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
customer attitudes