Find companies:

Americold

Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
268 reviews

About Americold

In business to keep cool, AmeriCold Logistics is a leading provider of temperature-controlled warehousing, distribution, and logistics services. Catering for the most part to the food industry, the company hauls 95,000 truckloads of freight annually. It manages more than 1 billion cu. ft. of storage space for refrigerated, frozen, and dry merchandise – more... in more than 180 facilities located primarily in the US and Canada, as well as in four other countries (Argentina, Australia, China, and New Zealand). Major customers have included ConAgra, General Mills, Heinz, and Tyson Foods. AmeriCold Logistics is a subsidiary of AmeriCold Realty Trust, which in turn is controlled by investment firm The Yucaipa Companies.

In June 2009 AmeriCold's ultimate parent, Yucaipa, bought a 49% stake in VersaCold Logistics; late the following year, it purchased the remaining 51% of VersaCold's non-Canadian assets from Eimskip, one of the largest shipping and logistics company in the North Atlantic. This acquisition allows AmeriCold to dominate the refrigerated warehouse market. VersaCold Logistics Canada remains as a standalone company in charge of more than 40 facilities in Canada.

AmeriCold's CEO Tony Schnug stepped down in August 2008 and was replaced by Jos Opdeweegh. Schnug became the company's chairman and an operating partner at Yucaipa. Opdeweegh, who was also an operating partner at Yucaipa, was formerly president and CEO of TDS Logistics.

AmeriCold began operating in 1931. Vornado Realty Trust sold its interest in the company to Yucaipa in 2008. – less

Americold Employer Reviews

Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee), Leesport, PAMarch 24, 2015
warehouse worker (Former Employee), Green bay, WisconsinMarch 16, 2015
Warehouseman (Former Employee), Darien, WIMarch 12, 2015
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mountville, PAMarch 9, 2015
LTO Driver (Former Employee), Tolleson, AZMarch 9, 2015

Americold Salaries

Forklift Operator
$13.02 per hour
Based on 39 employees
$11.00$17.77
$31,200 per year
Based on 23 employees
$26,000$40,000
Lift Truck Operator
$16.00 per hour
Based on 14 employees
$12.00$17.00
Warehouse Worker
$12.80 per hour
Based on 9 employees
$9.00$18.35
Lift Truck Operator
$26,000 per year
Based on 8 employees
$20,000$36,000