Americold

Americold Employee Reviews

not really fun to work at
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 20, 2015
Pros: all the overtime you want
Cons: cold on cold days
the freezer is very cold and you have to make rate or you will be disciplined and its the basic three strikes and your out. there has been a lot of managers come and go for when I work there
Very producting and long hours
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 15, 2015
We were required to work 12 hour shifts Monday thru Friday for 5 months straight. The management didn't praise the employees. That's why we had a really big turn over rate. When corporate investigated the management they got rid of a few managers and the place did a complete 180. I had the best co-workers you could ever ask for. The hardest part of my job was trying to stay warm because I worked in a -10 degree freezer. I learned how to load truck trailers, receive product in and how to train new hires. I mostly enjoyed working with my co-workers because the few of us that were left acted like family.
Was a great place to be on a day to day basic. I enjoy my job!
Data Entry and Export and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Gloucester, MAMay 5, 2015
Very fast paced
Co-workers and management great to work with
Could be quite confusing at times, with so much going on
Going to work every day and knowing I knew and could do my job well
Reach Truck Operator
Reach Truck Operator (Former Employee), Gouldsboro, PAApril 27, 2015
Scan products on dock using scanner gun and Red Prairie software.
Replenish pick locations.
Follow safety regulations and maintain cleanliness of warehouse.
Put product away to desired locations
Pick product from desired locations and place on dock for shipping
Use cherry picker to fix damaged products on higher levels.
all and all its a good place to work.
Forklift Operator lead (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARApril 23, 2015
Pros: sometimes a 4 day weekend
Cons: sometimes a 1 day weekend
plenty of things to do so the 12 hour shift goes by well. I learned how to better manage my time. for the most part every one there was easy to get along with. the bosses are demanding but fare. sometimes the hardest part of the day is getting pulled a hundred different directions, the rare slow days where you can relax just a little.
Productive and Competitive workplace
Order Selector (Current Employee), Turlock, CAApril 21, 2015
Typical day would be getting all your equipment ready and start going. Getting into the rhythm of picking the orders in a timely manner. Occasionally getting competitive with my coworkers and helps to speed up progress while working while having a little fun with the guys.
Productive and fun
Certified Dock Clerk (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free lunches sometimes
Cons: Management
I really honestly liked my job and was looking forward in advancing through the company. My only complaint is the HR and supervisors were not checked for how they treated their employees and I fell victim to their "clicky" group. Supervisor was making fun of my children, I told him that was not okay. Ever since then it has been a living nightmare.
They are the world largest tempature control logistic provider.
Dock Clerk/Scheduler (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: They own their warehouse not just a service so two avenues of income.
Cons: Barrowed lots of money to become the largest.
Very customer service driven company but it can be at the cost of the employee. Great benefits are perks, lots of handouts of logo items.
Productive and room for advancement
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee), Rochelle, ILApril 7, 2015
Pros: full time hours and overtime
Cons: breaks are to short
I can see myself moving up very quickly within the company..Americold has hired over 40 people in the last 3 months due to high demand of product. I have not been with Americold long but I know it will be very beneficial to me and my family in the near future
Worst management I have ever seen.
employee (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNApril 7, 2015
Pros: Right off the interstate so the drive wasnt too bad
Cons: Point system, they recently outsourced all repack labor and had to get rid of alot of employees
Just look at all the reviews for Murfreesboro and Atlanta in the last 2 years. ALL NEGATIVE. Management expects it all, but will throw you under the bus to save their own job. Point system is awful! In my interview they strongly stated that there is no seniority, but when I lost my job due to the company replacing all Americold employees and outsourced all labor to a "outside company", they said it was because of senority that one person who just transferred to this location kept a position I was way more qualified for. The atmosphere was awful and disgusting and the vulgar stories that were told by some supervisors about there personal home life were really gross. They just posted a new job listing, but they just terminated all the employees under repack that worked on the line. These people who some of them spent years (up to 15 years)working for Americold only to have to get laid off and have to hire on with a "outside company for 30-40% less pay just to have a job. Less alone, lose all the benefits they worked all those years to get.

In other words, Americold is only interested in stuffing the pockets of the higher ups and ready and willing and DID throw their employees under the bus.
Great Hours and Pay.
Pallet Jack/ Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Crete, NEApril 6, 2015
Pros: Good hours and days off
I would drive a forklift and load the trailers with the pallets of products that were ready to be shipped out. I worked 12hr shifts for four days and then was off work for three days,
good
Lift truck driver/operator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2015
Lifting 70+ lbs., Crown Reach lift operator Stock picker, Inventory control, shipping, replenishment and receiving, picking & packing, stand-up Reach lift, RF scanner, SAP software, Data entry, Re-palletizing, stacking, wrapping, quality control, cycle counts, hazardous materials. Had to be flexible.
Stressful but worth it
Dock Office Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2015
Pros: great health benefits and 401k
The pay is great, but you have no life. It's very stressful and there are always changes. Schedule might change at the drop of a dime. Fast-paced environment, you will sink if you can't keep up.
Shady management but great human resource manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great human resource manager
Cons: management, shady people, tell you one thing to do another.
the human resource manager always was there for you. However there is just so much she can do with shady management. They tell you one thing and do another. Be very careful choosing this company as a career. Job only. Temp at best
great company
Shipping and Receiving clerk (Former Employee), Beech Grove, INMarch 31, 2015
Americold is a great company that really cares about their customers and employees. They also are a leading company in hauling freight around the USA
Its a Great Job Learned Alot Love to Go Back Again
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee), Leesport, PAMarch 24, 2015
it was a fast working place i love the work area didn't mean working hard even when in the cold the work was hard but the pay & company was good is everything was good .
Warehouseman (Former Employee), Darien, WIMarch 12, 2015
Pros: salary, is great and the hours
Cons: hard to move up in the company
It's a learning experiences in working in a cold storage I've learn alot in working with the supervisor's there. Getting to trained new employees, understanding how to work in the cold.
Efficient and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mountville, PAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: relaxed atmosphere yet fast paced
Cons: job advancement was not there
I was a Temp at this company with hopes of becoming the hired full time customer service representative. A typical day included a lot of customer contact, submitting orders for those customers and creating good professional relationship with those customers by being efficient and productive. I learned about a different side of customer service pertaining to the food/manufacturing job. My coworkers were very kind and eager to help whenever I needed assistance as I was new to the job. The hardest part of the job was finding work to do towards the end of the day when I would finish early, everything needing to be done. I enjoyed the balance of working alone an with others.
cold storage, Not the greatest work environment or human resources.
LTO Driver (Former Employee), Tolleson, AZMarch 9, 2015
Pros: stay cool in the arizona summer
Cons: its -25 degrees
My day would mainly consist of getting on a reach truck and bring down skids and put them into the pick locations. Sometimes I would work the dock on a stand up loader. The dock would consist of loading skids onto trucks, and using the goat to move the trailers when they were finished being loaded. Most of the management did not know their jobs that well, and ran the place poorly. Great co-workers.
great place to work
Refrigeration / Air Condition Technician (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYMarch 9, 2015
good company, with great staff, co workers are helpful and understanding. got get relief from solving problems and seeing the customers smile

1 2 3 4 5

About Americold

In business to keep cool, AmeriCold Logistics is a leading provider of temperature-controlled warehousing, distribution, and logisticsĀ services. – Read more