Americold Employee Reviews in United States

Worst Job Ever
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAAugust 24, 2016
They will work you 7 days a week. Your lucky if you get a day off. I went 4 months without a single day off. They say you work 8 hour shifts, but it's usually 12+. I would never know how long I would be working, and they treat you like you owe them. The lack of professionalism from management was horrible. We would get cussed out daily as no matter how hard we worked it wasn't good enough. Very little training or attention to safety. Hardly got breaks and would be lucky to get lunch after 7-8 hours.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
hours, no days off, management, racism
busy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mobile alabamaAugust 8, 2016
busy place. lot of business. enjoyed working with everyone. compensation not comparable with similar local companies
We recive paid breaks
pick lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 8, 2016
I go into work put on my uniform and we get brief meeting about the work we got for the night. when we get done I call a group meeting and we give the faster guys the better equipment and slower guy get what's left.After everyone has equipment I make everyone race me but its a form to make my guys work more fast and efficiently usually we finish work early and the days over with.
Good pay, horrible place to work
Forl Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochelle, ILJuly 28, 2016
Their safety trainer is the worst ever. If you don't have driving experience in the last several years,watch out. They have a spotter who trains you while your being timed at the same time to have pallets pulled off of shelves which makes no sense,also in -15F temperature and they expect it to be on the dock as soon as 3 minutes not counting you may have to move pallets and return them back or wait on another driver in the area..Once your certified as a fork lift driver you are forced to work 68 hours a week. This place has a very very high turnover rate. 45 hired and 17 gone on my first day (In June) since March.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Selfish Management with unfair expectations
Productive as long as you are willing to learn.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 27, 2016
At times it was challenging and exciting to work at Americold.
At times lack of training and a willingness to listen hurt the sites.
Customer service failure should not be tolerated.
Pros
Dealing with customers, meeting there needs, going the extra mile for service.
Cons
Need to catch up with their competitor's.
Good company, high turnover for warehouseman
Risk and Safety Analyst - Roanoke/Salem (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2016
I most enjoyed the fast paced in this 24 hour industry. A typical day flies by with plenty to do and constant interactions with warehouseman. Management is up and coming and continuously adding good talent. The hardest part of the job is never being able to mentally wind down from your job and constantly having to be available 24 hours a day, sometimes getting very little sleep before returning to work for the next shift.
Pros
high paced enviroment
Cons
demands availabilty by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Great Pay
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILJuly 21, 2016
Overall it was a great place and allowed me to provide for my family. Very strict on policies. You learn to adapt to that environment with zero tolerance policies.
Pros
Great Pay and incentives
Cons
ZERO tolerance on attendance in ALL aspects (sick, emergency, late) it's all viewed as the same.
over worked under appriciated
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Rochelle, ILJuly 19, 2016
typically work 12 hour days and work at least one of your scheduled off days if not both of them.
management doesn't fix known problems
Pros
know a week in advance what days you have to work
Cons
not told upfront youll be working 60-70 hour a week, no family time
Very challenging
Inventory Control Specialist/Logistics (Former Employee) –  Strasburg, VAJuly 17, 2016
Working at Americold was definitely a challenge.

I learned the in's and out's of logistics and warehousing. I also learned many things about inventory control, products, spreadsheets, customers, cycle counts, etc.

The management staff at night was more in tune with the processes and the employees. During the day, it was the opposite. It was a struggle to explain the inventory issues at times to upper management as well as the customer reps that were always on site throughout the day. But, through all the struggles, I learned a lot with dealing with multiple people and personalities at the same time.
productive company
High Reach Operator (Former Employee) –  Leesport, PAJuly 16, 2016
it was a good job to work in that company. the coworkers were very nice. The hardest part of my job was to work a lot of hours in one day.
Fun place to work
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 14, 2016
Fun company to work for, they really treated there employee good, we would have company party where we can bring our family.
Pros
great lunches and hours
Cons
work weekends
The Hardest Part of the Job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2016
The hardest part about working within the confines of Americold is the lack of collaboration between the many disparate groups. It makes it very difficult and cumbersome to get anything done and feel as though you are making a difference.

This has been a very good learning experience, providing a lot of insight into an industry that, from the surface, seems to be overlooked by many young professionals.
Pros
Good people, great potential
Cons
High turnover, low expectations
Not much room to grow
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2016
Americold is a leader in their 3pl field of temperature controlled warehousing. Unfortunately there is not much room for upward growth within the company and historically the leadership team has been a revolving door.
Hard to adjust to extreme cold, but good management
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJuly 8, 2016
Pull orders, load, wrap, & set for delivery. How to deal with extreme cold & drive dock lift on icy floors. Understanding family oriented company. Everybody kind off kept to themselves because had to do required amount every day (goal). Staying warm while pulling orders &not falling on icy floors. Feel of accomplishment when day is ended.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very cold -20 degrees
Hopefully things will get better?
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2016
I've been an employee for 10+ years and enjoyed working for this company. I've seen it change owners, but I must say. This is the worst I've ever seen it. Other CO workers share my opinion. Management has been changed, hopefully for the better, because no one's for the employees!!! Recently we found out some of our temps are being fired and we're given 2 or so months to figure out how to provide for their families??? Another demonstration of the total disregard for your own employees. Those individuals are our top workers, and although I don't get to see many of them. Doing away with these dedicated employees will have a tremendous effect on our warehouse. I've heard supervisors complain about leaving the company if these employees are ask to leave. So sad. Why not at least give them until the end of the year. Why?!? Because it doesn't affect them (Americold). The shoe could easily be on the other foot. I've also heard about alot of despicable things that's happen to employees and nothing done to rectify the issues. For the people? Not here at the Dallas facility. I remember one of my CO workers stating, "These people use you up and then take a dump on you when they have no more use for you". Since it's become Americold, that's all I've experienced. Now you have a bunch of high anxiety, tired, intimidated employees that can't do their jobs effectively, because they (I) have no idea of what's going to happen. Praying for us all and management. We need a break. Some positives! I also pray for those employees that are loosing their jobs soon. I've known some  more... of you for many years. God Bless you all and your families we appreciate everything you've done for this company! If no one else says it! Thank you!!!  less
Pros
Love my co workers, its the reason Ive been here so long.
Cons
No regard for employees. I feel like a chess piece, and Americold is making all the moves. I have no choice in the matter.
Low pay bad management
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Carthage, MOJune 23, 2016
Overall a decent job. No breaks. No medium on work load. It is really busy and you are not fast enough to make anyone happy or it is so slow that you end up losing hours and going home. Horrible point system for the company employees. HR has decided that you get a point and have to use PTO if you call in so they are punishing you 2xs.
Pros
The people are great
Cons
HR, No lunch
No transpant commuincation
Lead Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 18, 2016
Good company, plant closing. Would of retired there otherwise.Maintenance department on the local level very organized.
Worked here for 6 years and they used associates and let them go.
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 11, 2016
This job is mostly favoritism but i learned and grew up in the company. i would recomend to ask as many questions and be ourself and self motivate yourself because thats the only way you will feel comfortable.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
favoritism
very bad place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJune 5, 2016
I've been here 8 1/2 years. 3 company names and this is the worst one. Management is horrible. we have been loosing quite a bit of business. Corporate won't even here your complaints on the hotline. My pay was frozen this year. No more raises, Really? I am leaving in 2 weeks.I Got better pay, same hours, better working conditions and no spanish.
Pros
My co-workers are great. Even my boss.
Cons
They won't let me list them.
Exciting and challenging
Shift Supervisor/Customer Service Liaison (Current Employee) –  Russellville, AR 72801June 4, 2016
It is a balance of customer service and managerial task. Challenges you on a day to day bases, but is rewarding. Management is helpful and understanding.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Hard to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Americold. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9