Americollect Inc Employee Reviews

Ridiculously nice to consumers, not to employees
Senior Collector (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WINovember 25, 2017
Really do not believe that the CEO knows exactly how poorly employees are treated. If someone in "upper management lacking proper education" doesn't like you, they will find a way to fire you.
Challenging but Rewarding
Collector (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIOctober 26, 2017
I love the people I work with and the calls are not as bad as I thought they would be. Work life balance is a plus and paid time off starts after 1 month. Can be stressful due to pressure to hit goals but I work from home so it is worth it. Management and base pay need improvement.
Pros
culture, work life balance, pto
Cons
leaders need more coaching, pay
working at americollect
collector (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WISeptember 26, 2017
Working at Americollect was a good starting job. Learned a lot about communication skills and customer service skills. Very flexible with their work hours.
Would not go back
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WISeptember 12, 2017
I don't believe they are honest with there commissions, and even when you are hitting a level 5 ( top level ) every month they still find ways to make you feel as if you are doing a poor job. I believe this could be a great place to work for if some of the top people were replaced, or they would appreciate there employees a little more
involve the employess in fun actitivies
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WISeptember 7, 2017
I love working for this company. They are flexible and you are able to a sense of picking your schedule. They have fun activities for the employees to participate in.
Favorites were played too often at this company.
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJune 27, 2017
On most days it was generally very easy to enjoy my job. I would call consumers in an attempt to collect their overdue medical bills and do my best to keep up the company's image.
Working for Americollect
COLLECTIOS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIApril 8, 2017
The company itself is a nice company to work for. Americollect goes out there way to offer a fun work environment for the staff but does not employee such a great management team.
fun at times but not enjoyable work
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIDecember 7, 2016
turn on computer, put on headset, get all logged in, check work email, get on phones and try to get people to pay their bills. Learned a lot about credit. Co-workers were nice. Hardest part is when people are yelling at you and want info but wont verify certain info and since it confidential you can't with out verification. Most enjoyable part was the ones who would verify so omg I had no idea thank you for calling me and they pay the bill and you can send a receipt and let them know its not on their credit file:) You are required to put in a 40 your week and cannot work a 13+hr straight shift so if you need time off you have to move it around your day. It can make for a long day if you have a doctor appointment that takes awhile or your really sick.
Pros
co-workers are nice
Cons
not enough breaks for the job at hand
Awesome Culture Full of Opportunities!!
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIAugust 18, 2016
Americollect offers a unique culture that fosters a team environment; our success comes from what we accomplish together as a company, not just what we do on our own. Every role is important within the company. I have worked at Americollect for four years, and it has been my most rewarding career yet. There are always opportunities for advancement and to learn new things within the company. Management takes stock in their employees and listens to thoughts and concerns. We have made so many improvements this way! I highly suggest anyone looking for a job to look our way to see what we have to offer.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, paid breaks, compensation, benefits, training, opportunities for advancement
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIAugust 17, 2016
Out of all the companies I have worked for Americollect is by far my favorite. There are so many perks. Each phone call is different which keeps me on my toes and ready for anything! Competitive work environment but you get compensated well for your hard work. Room for advancement, and a company with a great culture!
Exciting and rewarding work environment.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIAugust 17, 2016
I have never once worked for an organization that takes care of its employees so well, and pays based on your quality of work. Great people and great working environment that encourages growth. Americollect allows you to advance if you are proficent in your daily job duties and if you have an understanding of the "why" we do what we do. We provide services to our clients and help the consumers we interact with everyday to help them better their financial situation, doing all of this by being redicously NICE. I wouldnt trade my two and a half years at this company for anything else. This company encourages you to exceed your own expectations and excel with in the company. Strongly encourage everyone to apply. -Matt
Pros
Paid time off per pay period.
Hated it!!!
Collector (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJuly 21, 2016
This place was NOT fun to work for at all! Leadership treats you like you're nothing, HR department doesn't know what they are talking about half the time and they are just plain mean. If you are a favorite you wont get a good raise or work your way to a new position even if you work your butt off. They are beyond desperate for people to work there because every one is quitting.
Pros
Monthly bonus
Cons
management(floor manager)
Americollect
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJune 29, 2016
Great place to grow and learn as it is an ever changing environment in a difficult industry. I would recommend this job to anyone that feels they are competitive and would like to be compensated for their hard work.
Dynamic culture, encourages personal & professoinal growth
Legal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIMay 31, 2016
Americollect offers a unique, positive culture that fosters both personal and professional growth. They offer tuition reimbursement for students as well as scholarship opportunities. HR and upper management are both fair and open minded. Movement within the company is encouraged! They want you to find the right "seat on the bus". This has been the most rewarding company I have worked for.
pleasant place to work
Data entry for collection accounts (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2016
laid back environment, coworkers were nice and helpful, close knit office, management was laid back, no micromanaging, pleasant place to work
Pros
long lunch easy job
Cons
didn't pay much
Americollect Review
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJanuary 20, 2016
It was a great place to work just the management was not the nicest and they do write people up for no good reasons. Great training program except they change things around there way to much. Great place to make advancement in the company also
Great Community of people but not stable
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIApril 19, 2015
Hardest part is collecting debt and trying to convince clients to pay up. The people there are great, full of energy and good at their jobs. If you are good at it you'll manage. If you aren't good at it, you'll get the boot.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not stable
Tough job, job security is a no no
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJuly 2, 2014
From my job experience here while in training, debt collecting is a very tough job, its stressful having to call people in order to collect money. Also its a dog eat dog competition to keep your job. You have to be making sure you bring money in, otherwise you get fired. Its a tough job so when offered one, make sure you have a back up. Americollect however does have an awesome environment.
Pros
Fun people/positive environment
Cons
You can be sued/job security is low
Great place where you can start your career
Collector (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJanuary 22, 2013
Great place to work at your input is valued and each a warm environment to work for
A lot of individual time to work on various projects.
Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 3, 2012
Friendly ppl. Unfortunate but I knew I was hired to work myself out of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Americollect Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Americollect Inc Reviews by Location