Americorps VISTA

Americorps VISTA Employer Reviews

Volunteer job
Employment Services Assistant/Volunteer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 15, 2014
I'm so glad I decided to start my career with this volunteer position. So rewarding!
Fun and Exciting
Teacher's Assistant (TA) (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: always fun
Cons: part time
By far one the funnest jobs i have every worked with. Had a blast coaching flag football and helping the kids with projects and homework.
work was fun and learning new things
Service Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee), St.Thomas ,VISeptember 8, 2014
Pros: having activties for the tenants
Cons: lunch break and short break
Its very excellent working with new people and learning new things what will be helpful in the future.
best experience ever
Coach (Former Employee), los angelesSeptember 4, 2014
I recommend it to anybody. You have to do it at least once. People are very nice. you get to meet great people. the reward at the end is very helpful.
Great opportunity for community service
Volunteer (Former Employee), Dubuque, IASeptember 3, 2014
This is more of a volunteer job. However it is very rewarding because it allows one to contribute directly to the community in many different ways. The people genuinely care about their work and the people they help. It is one of the most rewarding things you can do as a volunteer.
Awsome work place
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch
I really enjoyed working with this company, they have the most down to earth people I have ever met. The kids were amazing I loved going to work everyday to see them!
Centered around helping and enriching the community
Americorps member (Current Employee), Lake Charles , LAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work environment
Cons: no liberty to effectively impact students
This company allows me to go out into the community and do what I am passionate about, and that is enriching and promoting health in the community. Currently I work in the school system as a aid to the teachers.
Community Engagement
COMMUNITY COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Newark, NJAugust 27, 2014
I enjoyed coordinating community outreach programs. I liked the significant measurable impact the project I worked on had on the community,
very fun place to work with children and the community
Volunteer, Teacher Assiatant (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAAugust 25, 2014
a typical day would be helping children with their math,science, or literature class work. it was an amazing experience in helping kids who needed a little boost to get them through their daily class work.
Great experience love the co-workers. Everyone worked as a team
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Belleville, ILAugust 20, 2014
Helps with college funding

Co-workers were very fun to be around

Will have great job skills after working for this company
Healthy Work Enviroment
Special Education Mentor/ Community Mediation (Current Employee), Baltimore,M.DAugust 19, 2014
Pros: learning to rethink and brainstorm. lived off a small budget.
Cons: great fellowship, health benefits, learning opportunities limited.
I served in Americorps National, I enjoyed the experience. I Also fellowship with different ethnic groups. Coming together as one to get the job done.
Exciting new experience
Youth Mentor/Tutor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 13, 2014
I loved working with students and knowing that I made a difference in their lives.
porductive
Youth Volunteer (Former Employee), fresno caAugust 12, 2014
Cons: no health care
Construction,land scaping. How to use tools and lay down concrete and asfulat use a weed eater shovel. The management was ok. Laying sown the concrete. Geting paid.
Very rewarding
Teen Volunteer (Former Employee), Flemington, WVAugust 9, 2014
Pros: gave me something to do over the summer
I was a teen volunteer, so I had no pay and no advancement oppertunities. However, making a difference in the lives of children, and seeing their eagerness to learn was a very rewarding experience. I am proud to say I was associated with the program.
Great experience working with the City of Lancaster
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAAugust 9, 2014
I worked with the City of Lancaster to develop a community-wide volunteer program. Working in City Hall, I attained experience working within an office. In addition, my fellow VISTAs and I outreached to over 1,000 non-profit organizations. We developed a volunteer hub for the Antelope Valley, OneLINC.org.
Happy and fun place. Enjoyed being at work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no benefits
Steady work flow. Learned how to be a team player. Management was good and fair. Co-worker were great to work with. Loyal. Traveling was the hard part. I was afraid of flying. Working with the diversity of the youth department.
VISTA REVIEW
Volunteer In Service to America (VISTA) (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 2, 2014
Pros: scholarship available, getting help others
Cons: grant funded salary
a typical day at work: office duties on and lots of research

what you learned: how to be: Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel) and web browsing.

management: Very nice and understanding

your co-workers: Like family

the hardest part of the job: Just having to meet dead lines when receiving donations

the most – more... enjoyable part of the: Working in a friendly environment with people you enjoy and getting to work with awesome community's – less
wonderful experience
Teacher (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2014
Working with a group of energetic students allowed for interesting days. You never knew what the day would hold making each day as exciting as the next.
Amazing Program
Energy Express Community Coordinator (Former Employee), Chapmanville, WVJuly 31, 2014
Pros: everything
Everyday you are being a role model to a child that may or may not have someone. This program allows children to receive writing, reading and many other important opportunity's.

A typical day of work requires you to deal with many children and pre-teens as well as parents. Also daily paperwork and tracking of community service hours.

I learned patience, – more... understanding, and many different personalities that you deal with on a daily basis.

The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing these children receive a great meal and learning experience each day in a fun way. – less
A great way to give back
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 30, 2014
Pros: education grant, great management, the reward in helping others
Cons: low wages
While completing my term of service with AmeriCorps*VISTA, I learned a great deal about the non-profit culture. I was the volunteer coordinator for an amazing homeless day center. It was great to be able to give back to the community and learn more about what I am most passionate about.

1 2 3 4 5