AmeriCorps Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,277 reviews
A great opportunity to strengthen communities and dedicate yourself to the service of others in need.
Corps member (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, MDNovember 15, 2016
AmeriCorps NCCC is a great program. During my 10 months I experienced things that I never thought I would do. After recently graduating I now have a better understanding of the world and have a stronger work ethic.
national service organization
Corps Member (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 13, 2016
AmeriCorps is a great organization to meet new people, travel across the country, and serve the community. If you are a dedicated worker and under the age of 24, then AmeriCorps could work for you.
Great group, and very rewarding.
Tutor and mentor for multiple kids (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 9, 2016
Was tutor/mentor for two years with Americorps. Being a tutor in the classroom every day let me connect with the kids and gave me a very rewarding experience where I got to see the daily advancement as well as the personal growth of each kid.
Great
SERVICE MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXNovember 7, 2016
Great place to be a member at, I enjoy working with kids. Trainings are great, you learn everytime you go to a traing. There is always new things to be learned.
Great opportunity to better your community
Child Advocate at Higher Grounds (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 7, 2016
AmeriCorps is a great opportunity to help out your community and make it better place. You get to hang out with children and help make their day more positive.
My time in ACE
AmeriCorps Member (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CANovember 3, 2016
My time in ACE was nothing short of amazing. Through this Americorps program I built trails and pulled invasive species for restoration purposes. The company was a a blast and while the pay was low for the work it is more about the service.
I love the people here
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSNovember 2, 2016
This job I love because I get to meet people from all over the world. that have different outlooks on the state jobs, they will help and get you the training you need and want. they are very concerned about there employees.
Pros
birthday celebrations
Cons
only 1 year contract
Great Program
First Year Corps Member and Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 28, 2016
I have gained much understanding about myself from being an AmeriCorps member for City Year. I have done something that few people will do during his or her lifetime that feels good. I gave one year of my life to serve a cause great than myself.
Fun Opportunity
AmeriCorps Member (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 26, 2016
I've learned a lot about this program and just from being in it. There is a lot of opportunities just ready to be given whether it's military, working into a Federal Job, or you just wanna serve another year. i vouch anybody that wants to go into the program to do it because it might be one of the best experiences you could ever have.
Pros
Travel, Different experiences, wide connection span, meeting people, and serving communities
Americorps
AmeriCorps Member (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 25, 2016
Americorps is cool. They are just unorganized. And they let they employees do whatever they want. They coordinators think they can boss every one around just cause they get paid a little more.
Pros
scholarship
Cons
everything else
National service, Great work experience.
Corps Member (Former Employee) –  Vinton, IAOctober 20, 2016
In the 10 months that I spent with Americorps, I really grew to understand the value of a dollar and learned to appreciate the luxuries that I used to take for granted. I spent the year working directly with FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) as a logistics specialist.
Welcoming and Supportive Working Environment
NACRC, Educational Advisor (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZOctober 18, 2016
The AmeriCorps position was amazing. The position provided me the opportunity to develop personal and professional skills. This program also does a stellar job at helping its members connect with the city they are living and working in.
Work enviornment
Learning Coach (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCOctober 17, 2016
Great job working with students, training, how to be a great volunteer, co workers are ok and doing different jobs and great for the community
Pros
No weekends
Cons
pay
An aveunue to be around the correct kids
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 13, 2016
It has a lot of problems. I really enjoyed working with the students. It was great to learn from the youth of South Florida.
Pros
The students
Cons
The Stipend
helped students in preschool with their literacy skills
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAOctober 13, 2016
was done through the school i was attending at the time. enjoyed it very much. met in a preschool in compton, ca 2 times a week and worked with a specific group of children to help build their literacy skills and get them ready for kindergarten. hardest part of the job was understanding these students don't get a lot of attention at home and still haven't mastered sitting still and structure in a classroom. it was so rewarding to be able to hopefully impact these students lives for the few months we were there.
Positive Working Environment
After School Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New OrleansOctober 12, 2016
I enjoy the opportunity to give back to my community and to make a positive impact that helps those in need. I enjoy the people I work with and those I have met, but the pay is definitely indicative of a service role.
Great place to start a career in the non-profit sector
Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 11, 2016
The website makes it difficult to apply. You need to upload two personal and professional references to your profile, so be prepared for that.
Exciting
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSOctober 10, 2016
I actually think this was my best job ever. I actually loved working the kids and helping them to make greater progresses in their school work. During meetings, I liked that we had the ability to get to know each other more and work as a team.
Was a great places to work with kids just got another job
Summer Hire (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, MOOctober 10, 2016
I loved working with them, I worked with preschoolers and they were so much fun. I want to be a special ed teacher one day so this really helped me see what you have to go through and deal with each day just to keep them kids going and want to learn.
I got to help so many kids learn their letters and number and they all loved me and I loved all of them
Pros
Working with children
Cons
11 hour days
Beneficial for Students
College Resource Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville KYOctober 7, 2016
Educational grant awarded at end of temporary position really helped with graduate school.
This program is helpful to those wanting to explore their options as a student.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmeriCorps. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4