AmeriCredit Employee Reviews

Funding Specialist
Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 20, 2016
This job was very good I had the distinct pleasure of helping people get into a new automobile by funding their loans. A wonderful place to work. Management could be more efficient but overall it's a good job.
Fast pace in the Auto Finance Business
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 14, 2016
Managed a team of twenty team members, Scanning and indexing in new auto loans documents.
How to use excel, word and powerpoint.
The managers were easy to work for and very knowledgeable.
I got along well with all my co-workers and they were always very helpful.
Pros
Great benefeits.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Customer Service Representative
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX 76018September 6, 2016
I was hired as a Customer Service Representative and they loved my drive they wanted me to transfer to collections if you don't then they started pressuring you
Pros
Environment was great
Cons
If you dont transfer to the department they like you to go they started pressuring you alot
Collecting
Automobile Collector (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 23, 2016
Fantastic enviroment, Big on Team work, Great hours, Great employess, Training was very educational, Fast paced, learned new techniques, Management was always there for you,Making goal was the best
Pros
promotion, alot of opportunity for growth
Informatica Developer
Informatica Developer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2016
• Worked on the standard SDLC lifecycle project development.
• Extensively used ETL and Informatica to load data from MS SQL Server, Excel spreadsheet, flat files into the target Oracle 9i database.
• Implemented various Transformations like Joiner, Aggregate, Expression, Lookup, Filter, Update Strategy, Stored Procedures, and Router etc.
• Involved in development of Informatica mappings and also in tuning of mappings for better performance.
• Developed PL/SQL procedures/packages to load the data into Oracle.
• Used Informatica features to implement Type I, II, and III changes in slowly changing dimension tables.
• Efficiently used Workflow Manager and Workflow monitor to create and run Sessions and Workflows.
• Optimized/Tuned mappings for better performance and efficiency.
• Involved in performance tuning of SQL Queries, Sources, Targets and sessions.
• Worked on different tasks in Workflows like sessions, events raise, event wait, decision, e-mail, command, worklets, Assignment, Timer and scheduling of the workflow.
• Written UNIX shell scripting.
• Involved in ETL process under development, test and production environments.
Collections Agent
Customer Account Representative II (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 25, 2016
Didn't like the collections role. the bonuses were kind of good to make up the 8 hours of being on the phone. Always free being served. Didn't like the 11-8 shift at all.
Pros
Free food
Cons
11-8 shift
Good starter job
Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 12, 2016
This is a good starter job. You can move up in the company. Can be a fun place to work at times.

The job hours can be bad depending on what time you are assigned to.
Pros
Good Starter Job
Cons
work hours
Good pay, stable company
Desktop Technician II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 5, 2016
I was treated well here at AmeriCredit, I almost left this company but wqas offered another position as a Desktop Technician, (on the job training) which brought me a higher salary, good management stable company.
Fun work place with supportive management.
Loss Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 30, 2015
It's been a long time since I've worked here but I do recall it being more like a family enviroment. We helped each other meet goal by sharing best practice tips and took calls for each other to increase chances of collecting on derogatory accounts.
great company
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 2, 2015
Liked the people that I worked with and my boss. The pay just was not high enough. Like the office and going out in the field to work at dealerships
Cons
Wonderful work environments, excellent management
Collections Representative level III (Former Employee) –  chandler, azSeptember 22, 2015
A typical day at work basically is making calls and receiving calls to collect on auto loans and or collateral. What I enjoyed most is how management would get involved on making the company a better work place.
Positive environment
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 21, 2015
Positive environment for those interested in learning more. What you put in is what you will get out of this organization.
Pros
Positive environment
productive and fun place
hardcore collections (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 8, 2015
teamplayers all for there employees
goal oriented makes sure the job gets done and assist there employees
good company but is now closed
This was a fantastic time to work at this company. Great people and a wonderful culture
Assistant Area General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 30, 2015
Underwriting auto loans within a specified territory, servicing 30+ dealers while maintaining the highest level of service. Responsible for securing automotive contracts each month. At this time our goals were measured in the number of contracts cashed each month and not the overall dollar amount.

At this time we were not only underwriting the loans we were also the Dealer Service Managers. Responsible for signing up new dealers to do business with us as well as building on the dealership we already had.

While doing this, I am responsible for the quality of the underwriting and the performance of the loans.
Pros
Working with people who were proud of what they did and for a company that cared as well.
Cons
Company shut down 60% of the branch network and my office was one of many that closed.
Dealer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 10, 2015
Great people, results oriented but they put their employees first. Management was fantastic and supportive. Good, experienced people to work with in fast paced environment. Overall a great place to work and the company name carries a lot of status that helped generate sales.
Pros
Great sales staff and management support.
Cons
New computer program a little difficult to work with
Use to be a nice place to work
Collections Rep (Former Employee) –  Huntersville,NCMay 25, 2015
Americredit was one he best places to work until management changed. When one of the big managers left the company that place went down hill with it.
Pros
Bonuses
Busy and Demanding
Administrative Assistant and Funding Liaison (Former Employee) –  Pensacola FloridaMay 20, 2015
Learned a lot of information in the auto field, interacted with auto dealers and finance managers. Enjoyed the treats from dealerships during holidays or just because. The staff worked with was diversified.
Pros
Free lunches, Great Pay
Cons
Downsizing if the economy isn't doing well
Enjoyable place to work
CREDIT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 4, 2015
Great place to work, We all worked like a family and helped each other out. Every day was busy and went by fast. Both the buying and funding departments worked together to give Best in Class Dealer Service.
Americredit is now GM Financial
Credit Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 22, 2015
This was a good stepping stone for me. I learned a great deal about writing reviews and giving presentations to higher executives. I also learned how to use Microsoft Access to help filter these reviews. The department was starting to split and be moved to different departments when I left.
Pros
Higher Experience
Cons
GM bought out
Collections Specialst
Collections Representative II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 8, 2014
 Received the lead associate designation after only five months in the position due to immediate success exceeding all customer service quotas
 Researched and investigated severely delinquent accounts using multiple skip tracing tools and techniques
 Coordinated with field repossession agents to recover vehicles from nonpaying clients
 Assisted in branch record-keeping requirements, including maintaining statistics and ensuring that delinquency levels consistently remained below two percent each month
 Negotiated with customers to assist in bringing account current
 Assisted managers with training new associates

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmeriCredit. Our community is ready to answer.