AmeriCredit Employee Reviews in United States

Collections Agent
Customer Account Representative II (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 25, 2016
Didn't like the collections role. the bonuses were kind of good to make up the 8 hours of being on the phone. Always free being served. Didn't like the 11-8 shift at all.
Pros
Free food
Cons
11-8 shift
Good starter job
Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 12, 2016
This is a good starter job. You can move up in the company. Can be a fun place to work at times.

The job hours can be bad depending on what time you are assigned to.
Pros
Good Starter Job
Cons
work hours
Good pay, stable company
Desktop Technician II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 5, 2016
I was treated well here at AmeriCredit, I almost left this company but wqas offered another position as a Desktop Technician, (on the job training) which brought me a higher salary, good management stable company.
Fun work place with supportive management.
Loss Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 30, 2015
It's been a long time since I've worked here but I do recall it being more like a family enviroment. We helped each other meet goal by sharing best practice tips and took calls for each other to increase chances of collecting on derogatory accounts.
great company
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 2, 2015
Liked the people that I worked with and my boss. The pay just was not high enough. Like the office and going out in the field to work at dealerships
Cons
Wonderful work environments, excellent management
Collections Representative level III (Former Employee) –  chandler, azSeptember 22, 2015
A typical day at work basically is making calls and receiving calls to collect on auto loans and or collateral. What I enjoyed most is how management would get involved on making the company a better work place.
Positive environment
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 21, 2015
Positive environment for those interested in learning more. What you put in is what you will get out of this organization.
Pros
Positive environment
productive and fun place
hardcore collections (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 8, 2015
teamplayers all for there employees
goal oriented makes sure the job gets done and assist there employees
good company but is now closed
This was a fantastic time to work at this company. Great people and a wonderful culture
Assistant Area General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 30, 2015
Underwriting auto loans within a specified territory, servicing 30+ dealers while maintaining the highest level of service. Responsible for securing automotive contracts each month. At this time our goals were measured in the number of contracts cashed each month and not the overall dollar amount.

At this time we were not only underwriting the loans we were also the Dealer Service Managers. Responsible for signing up new dealers to do business with us as well as building on the dealership we already had.

While doing this, I am responsible for the quality of the underwriting and the performance of the loans.
Pros
Working with people who were proud of what they did and for a company that cared as well.
Cons
Company shut down 60% of the branch network and my office was one of many that closed.
Dealer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 10, 2015
Great people, results oriented but they put their employees first. Management was fantastic and supportive. Good, experienced people to work with in fast paced environment. Overall a great place to work and the company name carries a lot of status that helped generate sales.
Pros
Great sales staff and management support.
Cons
New computer program a little difficult to work with
Use to be a nice place to work
Collections Rep (Former Employee) –  Huntersville,NCMay 25, 2015
Americredit was one he best places to work until management changed. When one of the big managers left the company that place went down hill with it.
Pros
Bonuses
Busy and Demanding
Administrative Assistant and Funding Liaison (Former Employee) –  Pensacola FloridaMay 20, 2015
Learned a lot of information in the auto field, interacted with auto dealers and finance managers. Enjoyed the treats from dealerships during holidays or just because. The staff worked with was diversified.
Pros
Free lunches, Great Pay
Cons
Downsizing if the economy isn't doing well
Enjoyable place to work
CREDIT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 4, 2015
Great place to work, We all worked like a family and helped each other out. Every day was busy and went by fast. Both the buying and funding departments worked together to give Best in Class Dealer Service.
Americredit is now GM Financial
Credit Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 22, 2015
This was a good stepping stone for me. I learned a great deal about writing reviews and giving presentations to higher executives. I also learned how to use Microsoft Access to help filter these reviews. The department was starting to split and be moved to different departments when I left.
Pros
higher experience
Cons
gm bought out
Collections Specialst
Collections Representative II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 8, 2014
 Received the lead associate designation after only five months in the position due to immediate success exceeding all customer service quotas
 Researched and investigated severely delinquent accounts using multiple skip tracing tools and techniques
 Coordinated with field repossession agents to recover vehicles from nonpaying clients
 Assisted in branch record-keeping requirements, including maintaining statistics and ensuring that delinquency levels consistently remained below two percent each month
 Negotiated with customers to assist in bringing account current
 Assisted managers with training new associates
very fun working environment
Funding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows ILSeptember 8, 2014
Fun working invironment always valued as an employee. Salary was always competitive with the business.
Quality Assurance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 18, 2014
Call Center
Took inbound and made outbound calls for auto collections.
Worked in a very busy call center.
My computer skills improved while working in this position.
Management was always cheering us on.
fun work enviroment
Accounts Receivable Specialist Colletions (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 15, 2014
Fun work environment , great management team, great team work, overall excellent company to work for
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work for.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 5, 2014
AmeriCredit is a great example of a company that cares for it's employees.
Productive work place
Recovery Account Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Hunterville, NcJuly 9, 2014
Handle large amount of calls trying to resolve customers account. Trying to find ways tohelp customers bring their accounts current. Process payments. And decide wether or not if vehicle need to be picked up.

4.2