AmeriCU Credit Union Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work but not the most positive environment
Consumer Lending Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYDecember 10, 2015
It's pretty cushy as a desk job goes, but there's little chance to learn beyond what's expected of you and no chance for any kind of promotion, and is the same routine every day. The atmosphere in the back office is increasingly negative as it's the old case of "too much work, not enough people" and the stress builds up and affects people's attitudes.

A lot of the people outside of the department are very nice and approachable, but more often than not each subset of a department is clique-y and sometimes not very welcoming to anyone outside it.
Most people I've worked with outside my own cube farm are quite nice and willing to work together, some in my own department can sometimes get a little condescending or unappreciative.
Pros
Little morale boosters that provide a break from the monotony
Cons
Same stuff, different day and nothing ever really changes for the better
Reconcialiation Admin
Member Relationship Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oriskany, NYJuly 15, 2016
• Reviewed historical data used to perform a system of checks and balances to ensure
Accuracy of work performed in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures
• Performed daily reconcilement of the general ledger accounts, CAS accounts, and/or
Nostro accounts relating to the specific activities within the department
Pros
Nights and weekends off
Cons
not enough money
Productive and fun workplace
Security Member Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Yorkville, NYAugust 17, 2015
A typical day at work includes performing basic teller transactions, supervising other employees, and providing excellent member service. I have learned that not every day is the same and you will encounter many people with different problems. I have grown close with many of my co-workers and have formed a bond that I will never forget. I'm able to adapt to new surroundings and work well with others.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement
Technologically advanced credit union with a lot to offer members
Member Relationship Advisor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 19, 2012
AmeriCU Credit Union is a great place to work, but advancement opportunities are very slim. Member Service Specialists can advance to Member Relationship Advisors, but it is difficult to go further than that. I am thankful for all that I have learned during my tenure at AmeriCU. I have obtained skills related to finances that I probably would never have learned not being an employee there. My direct co-workers have always been great and that is the major reason I have not left the company, especially during times when I really wanted to leave. The hardest part of the job at AmeriCU is pleasing the members and staying within all the government regulations regarding banking. Overall, I have enjoyed working at AmeriCU.
Pros
decent health insurance coverage
Cons
limited breaks, working with a short-staff, no advancement opportunities
Teller
Teller (Current Employee) –  Oneida, NYAugust 6, 2015
Is a good stable job, Easy to follow task and a great learning experience. I was very lucky to get the opportunity to work for a well known company.
nice place to work
Teller Position, AmericU Credit Union (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYAugust 18, 2015
AmericU is like a big family unit. I enjoyed my coworkers and member interaction. If the pay was better, I would have stayed.
Great environment, really enjoyed my job and coworkers
Operations Coordinator and Sr Imaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYJanuary 17, 2012
Worked for 5 plus years with AmeriCU. Learned a lot while working in their IT department.
Pros
great hours, good benefits, upward mobility
Fast paced environment with opportunity to learn many new things
Applications Developer/Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYMay 22, 2012
Good company to work for, with the small environment I was able to take on many new projects that would not normally be available in a larger company.
excelent place to work
Supervisor Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, NYMay 8, 2013
had many great time when i was at americu. very family like enviorment. getting to know the customers was like an extended family. The best coworkers ever!!!

4.2