Amerifirst Financial Employee Reviews

Great company for an experienced Loan Officer
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 7, 2016
Great marketing support and outstanding atmosphere. Outside sales position so networking is a must. Comp plan is great but it's all self-sourced business
Pros
great comp plan, environment, flexibility
Cons
Self-sourced
Typical mortgage company to work for
Mortgage Funder/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 17, 2014
AmeriFirst is no greater or worse than any other mortgage company I have worked for when it comes to the Closing/Funding/Post Closing positions.
Great local lender
Senior Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 27, 2014
Good company, good benefits, nice people. I was able to work a faily flexible schedule.
I enjoyed the balance of creating marketing collateral and crm admin, but I really enjoyed heading up crm upgrade.
Nice and friendly enviorement
Mortgage Loan Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Del Mar, CaliforniaFebruary 24, 2014
Amerifirst is an awesome place to work, albeit a lot of changes have been coming up recently. I make the best out of my workday and always do everything with a smile and a positive attitude. I handle all my files as if it was my personal loan. The importance of preserving a lasting relationship with our borrowers is always my ultimate goal. And, assisting my loan officers unconditionally.
Pros
Great culture, great knowledgeable people
Cons
Drive is far and bonus per file is no longer available
Focused on growth and supportive company to work for
Owner/founder of Dreamworks ActionCOACH & Consult (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 3, 2014
Overall, motivated and strong leadership for a small business. Successful and handling growth in tough times and juggling changes in the industry. Their main focus is to support their staff and create a productive producing environment and they are pretty acceptable at it.
Pros
intent and most leadership
Cons
some staff challenges
I would work at AFI again, I enjoyed the people that I worked with and got along well with all of the employees, loan officers, managment
Senior DE Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 25, 2013
I enjoyed the 2 years that I worked at Amerifirst. I enjoyed the employees and it was a fun environment. I always exceeded my goals, got along with all fellow employees and management. I love a challenge, and I never had a difficult time juggling the work load. I would work weekends and evenings if needed to get the job done and exceed the 24 hour turn times. I would still be working hard at Amerifirst had the reduction force not necessary
Pros
Flexibility in the schedule, working from home, the Scottsdale office, the Mesa office
Cons
The only con I can think of is the medical prices per pay period
Great Place to work
Sr. Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2013
Very good place to work, good management and support from corporate
Pros
Good work environemtn
Cons
None to speak of
Great company and corporate culture
Happy Employee (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 21, 2013
I have found AmeriFirst Financial to be a wonderful place to work and a growing team of professionals. Everyone I've met who works either at the corporate office or some of the branches is warm, outgoing, hardworking, and welcoming. The company may not have the best benefit package (currently), but the work environment and perks make up for it. Also, their salaries are very competitive from what I've found in the job market.
Pros
great work perks (like some positions can work from home part time) and great people
Cons
health benefits are expensive. hoping that changes soon
This was a company that brokered mortgage loans. It was fun to work with good people.
Loan Originator and loan processing (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 12, 2012
I worked with several people over about 6 or 7 years and we moved to a couple different mortgage brokers. I loved the mortgage business but due to the economy, I had to find a different line of work.
Pros
good people to work with and enjoyed helping people with their mortgages.
Cons
the economy slowed down so much that i had to find a different line of work
Great Position
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 16, 2012
Coordinate with Sr. Loan Officers to ensure an adequate marketing strategy
Target potential Reverse Mortgage candidates
Ensure attainment is at an acceptable level in compliance with company standards
Modification of scripts to ensure an effective strategy
Ensure customer service meets company expectations
Pros
excellent team
Cons
inability to stay open
Wonderful, Family-like environment
Corporate Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Mesa , AZMay 19, 2012
Great place to work, Management is awesome, Remote option availability, co-workers are respectful and fun.
Best part of job is remote option.
Hardest part of job is keeping up with multiple investors overlays.
Started to learn VA.
Pros
family friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amerifirst Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3