Amerifleet Transportation Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
WAS a great place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 8, 2017
Amerifleet was recently bought out and the new company is making a lot of cutbacks, and job security is at an all time low. The job is laid back but do not expect a significant raise even if you are the best at your position,
Loved ❤️ my job.
Field Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 6, 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked for and with. Loved being on the road. Very relaxed get your job done but be safe doing it. The people I worked with were loving and it was like we were all family. When I left there to move to another state they threw me a going away party. I really miss working there and being on the open road.
Pros
Relaxed schedule. If you need time off they give it to you.
Cons
No paid vacation or paid sick leave
very stressful environment
OTR Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Colmar, PAAugust 11, 2017
cheat drivers
favoritism
hardest part is the work isnt spread evenly due to( favoritism)
lack of processes, people pick and choose what their responsible for, which leaves others to work harder and longer. ( plus no paid overtime)
Pros
flexible
Cons
need to adapt another culture
Yes the employees that will work with we had fun and got the job done
Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2017
Amerifleet is a very good company to work for I enjoy the work I did I enjoy the people I work with the communication from the other company the benefit was good I got yearly bonuses I got raises got a pat on the back and I hate that the company move back to Atlanta Georgia I really miss amerifleet.
Pros
Some time with petty cash I bought my employees lunch
Cons
It was very hard to do
Senior Renewal Specialist/ Jr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 10, 2017
Great place to work. Plus they have merged with a great company called Metrogistics. Metrogistics is a leader in the field of transportation and is an industry leader.
Pros
Good people to work for
Cons
Low wages
very cool place to work if you like traveling the country
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 6, 2017
deliver and pick up fleet lease company vehicles to/from their employees. perform vehicle checks prior to driving the vehicle, call customer to confirm delivery/ick up site, could work just locally or regionally.
Pros
christmas bonuses
Cons
un fair pay for drivers
Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 15, 2017
As a delivery driver you must pay company expenses such as gas, washing etc and hope to get reimbursed. I spent $1,200 in a three month period and had to watch closely to see that I got reimbursed. They missed a payment and claimed they made it but could not prove it. My records proved it wasn't paid but they never reimbursed me. They are real good at making excuses and expect you to do $20 an hour worth of work and only pay $10. They hired a guy that did not know the area or how to use a cell phone to text and take pictures and paid him 20% more than me. The manager of the storage facility accused me of damaging a bumper on a car that had been setting in storage for three weeks and was not damaged when I delivered it to storage. He had moved the car twice after I delivered it. I do not recommend this company.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
You pay company expenses
Dynamic company with many opportunities to grow in your career.
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 27, 2016
AmeriFleet is a demanding company expecting results, however providing guidance and assistance along the way to succeed. The transportation industry is very interesting, always changing. The enjoyable part of the job is working with our customers. I was challenged every day to meet customer requirements.
Pros
Management allows employees to be self reliant which is very rewarding.
Cons
Not being able to attend company functions in Alpharetta, such as lunches and group meetings.
Part-Time Position
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Colmar, PAAugust 28, 2016
Great position for part-time. Management was great to work with. I was in PA and I reported to my boss in Georgia. Great flexibility with position. I organized the office and used my problem solving skills in this position.
Pros
Cons
Envioronment
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 14, 2016
Over all I will give it a 5 star, only because when I interviews for the job I advised the hiring manager of what I had going on and they hired me but four months later use it against me.
Self employed transporter
OTR Driver/CDL A (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 29, 2015
This is a driveaway company. Overall the the business itself is very pleasurable and exciting because you have the opportunity to experience driving a wide variety of vehicles and traveling all over the continental United States. The down side of the business deals with the cost of overall expenses versus what you actually make from your mileage and if you don't receive enough transport mileage or consistent vehicle orders then you could find yourself in a financial pickle far away from your home base. When working in this industry its recommended that you work for other driveaway companies in order to grow your network.
Pros
Enjoying the open road and experiencing the benefits of travel.
Cons
Expenses. Not enough pay, mileage or business to increase profits.
Delivery and Retrieval of small to large Fleet owned vehicles per your local Dispatcher.
Field Customer Service Rep., Driver (Current Employee) –  Colmar, PAOctober 1, 2015
If you like to drive different types of vehicles and want to keep moving, this is a good job. Pay by the mile for Local, Regional and Over the road routes.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Independent Contractor status
poor management and unorganized
title and registration (Former Employee) –  alpharetta gaJuly 10, 2015
I worked there as a temp and I wouldnt reccomend this company.. Poor management and no proper training. They just want you to figure things out on your own. The employees are not professional or friendly. Its a very hostile environment.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
lack of training
Okay work environment.
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  ALPHARETTA, GAJune 8, 2015
I pretty much performed data entry for the company. I was in a small department of only 3 people. My direct supervisor was not a good leader at all. She did not really train me well. Some things she forgot to tell me would come back as errors and she would fault me for them. When I addressed it, she pretended like she did not care and from then on never really spoke to me.
Pros
Not too many pros.
Cons
Poor training, lack of communication.
Unorganized and unprofessional
OTR (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 26, 2015
I began employnent as an independent contractor supposedly OTR. No benefits as an independent contractor. You pay for fuel, food, car rentals and lodging. If you are not driving constantly which depends on dispatchers getting you runs, most times your pay is small to none. You are SUPPOSE to be paid your remaining pay upon completion of the trip when you fax in paper work. It has taken almost a week to get paid as if you don't have financial responsibilities of your own. You are making money for the company but drivers make very little. Staff are unprofessional and disorganized. Other drivers are your support system, not the company. If you just want to travel and already have an income source...great piece of job. If you have to maintain mortage, car payment and bills, forget this job!!!
Pros
travel to different places and meeting new people.
Cons
poor pay....no benefits
Unprofessional
Driver (Current Employee) –  Colmar, PAMarch 24, 2015
Not all, but some employees were extremely unprofessional. I witnessed a driver get fired by someone not under management, because he was obese "& didn't fit" as they would say. We are treated poorly, poorly paid and often disrespected. Instead of using windshield wipper fluid, service employee used water as a substitute. And, employees will not hesitate to mention their stripping - pole dancer, background in the suggested professional office setting. Work ethics are often overlooked. If you're looking for growth, professionalism, stability and respect, this is not the job for you.
Pros
Weekly/Daily Pay
Cons
Poor management, unprofessional employees, discrimatory work environment
Freedom over the road transportation driver coast to coast
Nationwide Fleet Transporter (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILJanuary 26, 2015
It was a great job for my life style I would be on the road for 2-3 months at a time driving from state to state delivering brand new vehicles/trucks to owners, companies or employees coast to coast. I was able to travel the USA 7 times it really was a dream job. Hardest part was weather conditions snow, sleet, ice, black ice, fridget temperatures putting chains on tires. The majority of the time you are alone on this job so if you are good at directions have a GPS arent afraid of going out of your comfort zone then you will do well!
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long hours and away from home for months at a time
Nice Learning Environment
Tier II Tech Support/ Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 29, 2014
Manage tickets in a helpdesk environment
Technical Support for hardware and software for over 300+ employees most via remote (go-to-assistBuild / install and troubleshoot windows7 & 8.1 laptop lenovo’s E531-535 and desktop M2988. With docking stations
Administer, Setup, configured E1-E3 license and troubleshoot office (lync), (outlook) 365
Pros
More Knowledge
Cons
No breaks only lunch
fun
Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 1, 2014
This job was fun and sweet to go and deliver cars to customers and pick up cars as well.
Pros
meeting new people at work
Cons
long days and small delivery cars
Transportation/fleet company
Trainer (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 30, 2014
I was responsible for training new hires. A typical day included me going through applications and look for potential people to hire. After that set up training site and date. Travel 50% of the time. Management was enjoyable, we had good times. The hardest part of the job was employee screenings. Negative drug test results or no valid license, or something that would come back on criminal check that would prevent someone from being hired.
Pros
Free use of company vehicle, gas included. Free meals, and ok benefits.
Cons
Short periods when there was no work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amerifleet Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7