Amerifleet Transportation

Amerifleet Transportation Employee Reviews

Dynamic company with many opportunities to grow in your career.
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 27, 2016
AmeriFleet is a demanding company expecting results, however providing guidance and assistance along the way to succeed. The transportation industry is very interesting, always changing. The enjoyable part of the job is working with our customers. I was challenged every day to meet customer requirements.
Pros
Management allows employees to be self reliant which is very rewarding.
Cons
Not being able to attend company functions in Alpharetta, such as lunches and group meetings.
Part-Time Position
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Colmar, PAAugust 28, 2016
Great position for part-time. Management was great to work with. I was in PA and I reported to my boss in Georgia. Great flexibility with position. I organized the office and used my problem solving skills in this position.
Pros
Cons
Envioronment
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 14, 2016
Over all I will give it a 5 star, only because when I interviews for the job I advised the hiring manager of what I had going on and they hired me but four months later use it against me.
Self employed transporter
OTR Driver/CDL A (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 29, 2015
This is a driveaway company. Overall the the business itself is very pleasurable and exciting because you have the opportunity to experience driving a wide variety of vehicles and traveling all over the continental United States. The down side of the business deals with the cost of overall expenses versus what you actually make from your mileage and if you don't receive enough transport mileage or consistent vehicle orders then you could find yourself in a financial pickle far away from your home base. When working in this industry its recommended that you work for other driveaway companies in order to grow your network.
Pros
Enjoying the open road and experiencing the benefits of travel.
Cons
Expenses. Not enough pay, mileage or business to increase profits.
Delivery and Retrieval of small to large Fleet owned vehicles per your local Dispatcher.
Field Customer Service Rep., Driver (Current Employee) –  Colmar, PAOctober 1, 2015
If you like to drive different types of vehicles and want to keep moving, this is a good job. Pay by the mile for Local, Regional and Over the road routes.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Independent Contractor status
Okay work environment.
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  ALPHARETTA, GAJune 8, 2015
I pretty much performed data entry for the company. I was in a small department of only 3 people. My direct supervisor was not a good leader at all. She did not really train me well. Some things she forgot to tell me would come back as errors and she would fault me for them. When I addressed it, she pretended like she did not care and from then on never really spoke to me.
Pros
Not too many pros.
Cons
Poor training, lack of communication.
poor management and unorganized
title and registration (Former Employee) –  alpharetta gaJuly 10, 2015
I worked there as a temp and I wouldnt reccomend this company.. Poor management and no proper training. They just want you to figure things out on your own. The employees are not professional or friendly. Its a very hostile environment.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
lack of training
Unprofessional
Driver (Current Employee) –  Colmar, PAMarch 24, 2015
Not all, but some employees were extremely unprofessional. I witnessed a driver get fired by someone not under management, because he was obese "& didn't fit" as they would say. We are treated poorly, poorly paid and often disrespected. Instead of using windshield wipper fluid, service employee used water as a substitute. And, employees will not hesitate to mention their stripping - pole dancer, background in the suggested professional office setting. Work ethics are often overlooked. If you're looking for growth, professionalism, stability and respect, this is not the job for you.
Pros
Weekly/Daily Pay
Cons
Poor management, unprofessional employees, discrimatory work environment
Unorganized and unprofessional
OTR (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 26, 2015
I began employnent as an independent contractor supposedly OTR. No benefits as an independent contractor. You pay for fuel, food, car rentals and lodging. If you are not driving constantly which depends on dispatchers getting you runs, most times your pay is small to none. You are SUPPOSE to be paid your remaining pay upon completion of the trip when you fax in paper work. It has taken almost a week to get paid as if you don't have financial responsibilities of your own. You are making money for the company but drivers make very little. Staff are unprofessional and disorganized. Other drivers are your support system, not the company. If you just want to travel and already have an income source...great piece of job. If you have to maintain mortage, car payment and bills, forget this job!!!
Pros
travel to different places and meeting new people.
Cons
poor pay....no benefits
Freedom over the road transportation driver coast to coast
Nationwide Fleet Transporter (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILJanuary 26, 2015
It was a great job for my life style I would be on the road for 2-3 months at a time driving from state to state delivering brand new vehicles/trucks to owners, companies or employees coast to coast. I was able to travel the USA 7 times it really was a dream job. Hardest part was weather conditions snow, sleet, ice, black ice, fridget temperatures putting chains on tires. The majority of the time you are alone on this job so if you are good at directions have a GPS arent afraid of going out of your comfort zone then you will do well!
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long hours and away from home for months at a time
Nice Learning Environment
Tier II Tech Support/ Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 29, 2014
Manage tickets in a helpdesk environment
Technical Support for hardware and software for over 300+ employees most via remote (go-to-assistBuild / install and troubleshoot windows7 & 8.1 laptop lenovo’s E531-535 and desktop M2988. With docking stations
Administer, Setup, configured E1-E3 license and troubleshoot office (lync), (outlook) 365
Pros
More Knowledge
Cons
No breaks only lunch
Transportation/fleet company
Trainer (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 30, 2014
I was responsible for training new hires. A typical day included me going through applications and look for potential people to hire. After that set up training site and date. Travel 50% of the time. Management was enjoyable, we had good times. The hardest part of the job was employee screenings. Negative drug test results or no valid license, or something that would come back on criminal check that would prevent someone from being hired.
Pros
Free use of company vehicle, gas included. Free meals, and ok benefits.
Cons
Short periods when there was no work.
Easy job, great co-workers
Delivery Service Driver (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXOctober 7, 2012
AmeriFleet is a simple straight forward job that only requires driving from point A to B. As a team-member you meet a small team that becomes a family very quickly.

My daily chores were to document the quality of the vehicles at pick-up and drop-off, plus taking a weekly inventory of all vehicles sitting in storage.

There was the opportunity to make weekend runs which provided some additional income, when desired.
Pros
laid-back environment
Cons
healthcare coverage/cost
Travel experience
Field Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 14, 2013
A typical day at work for me was to basically deliver vehicles to different cities and states. I was on my own out on the road and had the chance to experience being in different states. The hardest part of the job was just being alone on the road at night in areas you did not know, and then trying to find a motel to sleep in that fit the budget the job gave you. Other than that, this was a pretty easy job.
Pros
traveling
Cons
traffic while trying to reach your destinations
Deliveries to clients
Local driver (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 18, 2013
Atipical day was to get your assignment and drive 2 to 4 hours away to deliver a vehicle. What I learned was how to read a map and a gps, how the job was done and how to deal with angry clients.Management was great because they would be in the field just like the rest of the workers.My co-workers were a nice bunch of men who was always willing to help in any way at all.The hardest part of the job was driving for 12 to 16 hours a day.The most enjoyable part of the job was going to different cities and states all over the u.S.
Pros
the long hours of driving, the pay pre hour
Cons
testing driving the new and used car before delivery
Nation wide operation
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Colmar, PAMarch 17, 2013
Planning logistics to accommodate clients needs
How to really travel
The management team made all the difference to ensure that we serviced the clients well
My co-workers looked out for each other out in the field
The hardest part of the job was sometimes getting stranded out on the road
The most enjoyable part of the job was making clients happy
Pros
i made cash money daily
Cons
i was a sub-contractor
A job to go see the country!
Driver/Part-time (Former Employee) –  Colmar, PAJuly 30, 2013
This is a wonderful place to work if you love to drive and love to see the country. You basically pick up vehicles from one location and deliver to another sometimes in other states. You can chose to be a local driver or go outside of the daily routine and see the country. You work when there is work, and you aren't stuck in the daily nine to five...but sometimes you have to put in some serious hours to drop off or pick up your vehicle. The only downfall to this is that your paychecks will vary and to keep them up, you have to work. Sometimes to have to deal with people who don't want their vehicles taken, but you deal with situations as it comes. If they had benefits, I probably would have still worked for this company.
Pros
Travel, work when you want as much as you want
Cons
No benefits or steady paycheck
Overall the company was pretty good job place very friendly
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2012
Get in work at 9-5 i basically taught myself everything but the paperwork managment was ok co- workers were great nothing was really hard about the job the most enjoyable part of the job was picking up different vehicles and interacting with customers
Pros
days wasnt that busy, long lunch breaks
Cons
worked thru lunch on busy days
Service Specialist Dispatche
Service Specialist Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2012
Pickup/Delivery of Motor Vehicles/ Condition Reporting
· Performaning minor maintenance / detailing / storing
· Tracking / Paying / Collecting payments pre-customers / drivers
· Built small database for dispatchers in helping with correct language/
Terminology in transportable.
Pros
boss owned compnay
Cons
keeping track of recipts
I was able to learn something new everyday
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 23, 2013
Pickup and delivered fleet vehicles throughout New Jersey

Read and interpreted maps and driving directions to assure economical use of time and equipment

Maintained vehicle logs and receipts/money received
Pros
being able to travel
Cons
it was only a seaonal position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amerifleet Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6