Amerifleet Transportation

Amerifleet Transportation Employee Reviews

poor management and unorganized
title and registration (Former Employee), alpharetta gaJuly 10, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: lack of training
I worked there as a temp and I wouldnt reccomend this company.. Poor management and no proper training. They just want you to figure things out on your own. The employees are not professional or friendly. Its a very hostile environment.
Okay work environment.
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee), ALPHARETTA, GAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Not too many pros.
Cons: Poor training, lack of communication.
I pretty much performed data entry for the company. I was in a small department of only 3 people. My direct supervisor was not a good leader at all. She did not really train me well. Some things she forgot to tell me would come back as errors and she would fault me for them. When I addressed it, she pretended like she did not care and from then on never really spoke to me.
Unorganized and unprofessional
OTR (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 26, 2015
Pros: travel to different places and meeting new people.
Cons: poor pay....no benefits
I began employnent as an independent contractor supposedly OTR. No benefits as an independent contractor. You pay for fuel, food, car rentals and lodging. If you are not driving constantly which depends on dispatchers getting you runs, most times your pay is small to none. You are SUPPOSE to be paid your remaining pay upon completion of the trip when you fax in paper work. It has taken almost a week to get paid as if you don't have financial responsibilities of your own. You are making money for the company but drivers make very little. Staff are unprofessional and disorganized. Other drivers are your support system, not the company. If you just want to travel and already have an income source...great piece of job. If you have to maintain mortage, car payment and bills, forget this job!!!
Unprofessional
Driver (Current Employee), Colmar, PAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Weekly/Daily Pay
Cons: Poor management, unprofessional employees, discrimatory work environment
Not all, but some employees were extremely unprofessional. I witnessed a driver get fired by someone not under management, because he was obese "& didn't fit" as they would say. We are treated poorly, poorly paid and often disrespected. Instead of using windshield wipper fluid, service employee used water as a substitute. And, employees will not hesitate to mention their stripping - pole dancer, background in the suggested professional office setting. Work ethics are often overlooked. If you're looking for growth, professionalism, stability and respect, this is not the job for you.
Freedom over the road transportation driver coast to coast
Nationwide Fleet Transporter (Former Employee), Alsip, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: long hours and away from home for months at a time
It was a great job for my life style I would be on the road for 2-3 months at a time driving from state to state delivering brand new vehicles/trucks to owners, companies or employees coast to coast. I was able to travel the USA 7 times it really was a dream job. Hardest part was weather conditions snow, sleet, ice, black ice, fridget temperatures putting chains on tires. The majority of the time you are alone on this job so if you are good at directions have a GPS arent afraid of going out of your comfort zone then you will do well!
Nice Learning Environment
Tier II Tech Support/ Help Desk (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GADecember 29, 2014
Pros: more knowledge
Cons: no breaks only lunch
Manage tickets in a helpdesk environment
Technical Support for hardware and software for over 300+ employees most via remote (go-to-assistBuild / install and troubleshoot windows7 & 8.1 laptop lenovo’s E531-535 and desktop M2988. With docking stations
Administer, Setup, configured E1-E3 license and troubleshoot office (lync), (outlook) 365
fun
Driver (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 1, 2014
Pros: meeting new people at work
Cons: long days and small delivery cars
This job was fun and sweet to go and deliver cars to customers and pick up cars as well.
Transportation/fleet company
Trainer (Former Employee), South Bend, INJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free use of company vehicle, gas included. free meals, and ok benefits.
Cons: short periods when there was no work.
I was responsible for training new hires. A typical day included me going through applications and look for potential people to hire. After that set up training site and date. Travel 50% of the time. Management was enjoyable, we had good times. The hardest part of the job was employee screenings. Negative drug test results or no valid license, or something that would come back on criminal check that would prevent someone from being hired.
Nice people
Title Processor (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 11, 2014
Co-workers are great. Good Place to work. Open to new ideas and change
A Great way to work on people skills
Field Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: able to visit 45 out of 48 states in about a year
Cons: wages need to be better, a lot of alone time.
You are assigned to pick up a vehicle and deliver it to the customer. The delivery and pickup can be in a different state or city. You usually have to cover hundred of miles in a day. All expenses paid except your personal expenses (food and cell bill). I learned you have to be very patient, communicate well, manage time, manage money, plan each assignment, equip yourself with a laptop, tablet, and GPS, and expect to experience many non productive hours on the road. Management is as good as the person you deal with. Co-workers are the best friends you have on the road. They will be there for you. The hardest part of the job is satisfying every customer, The most enjoyable part of the job is working with dispatchers that vested in drivers by ensuring they have what is needed to complete their assignment(s). Also you get to see how beautiful the United States looks from a road warrior's point of view.
Daily
Tag and Tax Specialist/ Account Rep. (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMay 14, 2014
Pros: well known business in the world of logistics
Cons: money and being held back
I love Amerifleet and actually am going on my 4th year there. I was there as a temp through Express.

Daily is very busy with non-stop tag requests, tax requests and account followup/questions. Most of my days I eat my lunch at my desk. I do not mind as I am a work-a-holic.

I recently interviewed with another department that would have paid me more but my manager refused to let me go to that department and nominated my team mate / helper. Then I had to train another person to help me. I felt stuck and sad. My helper moved up in the company and she had only been there 3 months. I have been loyal for almost 4 years with hardly missing a day and remained in my position.

I am honored he wanted to keep me, but at the same time they are always preaching they will advance and there will be opportunities. I felt I may have missed out on one but am thankful to still be where I am. I love my clients and my accounts.
No comment
Lead CEA (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMay 13, 2014
Extremely fast paced. My manager is the best I have ever had.
Made for people with no family
OTR (Over The Road Driver) (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: travel for free
Cons: the pay sucks
too many days away from my family. The pay doesn't equal out to the amount of time you are away from home or the risk you take traveling.
Tag and Title Clerk
Tag and Title Clerk (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 6, 2014
Prepare the legal transfer documents and related paperwork that the state department of motor vehicles requests to be in order.
Process the sale transactions of new as well as used vehicles, verify,
SOUNDS GREAT!!!! ON THE PHONE INTERVIEW!!!!
Over the road driver (Former Employee), colmarJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: you get to see other states.
Cons: human reasoruce department
When you get to the office, you will run into a driver. Ask Him or Her about the position. He or She will tell you the truth about how much money you will make. If you are looking for a flexable I have a job, I need a COUPLE dollars in my pocket, I need my parole officer off my back work enviorment! This is the place for you! If you have a Family, morgage and maybe want to save money for your retirement. GO TO TACO BELL!!!!! Take the job until another job is available! You have to drive 3000 miles a week to make a allright liven at this place, or take The local driving position only. Over the road drivers make squat!!! They will send you 5 to 6 states away with 90 dollars in hopes you can make it back and fourth with gas and tolls. NY TOLLS are $29 one way. (you catch my drift). Its the most stressfull job I've every had for a Grand total of 1,567.00 for 6 months of employment. Keep in mind you have to pay for your own meals. Get used to eating unhealthy fast food all of the time. or live on a roman noodle dite.
Diverse environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GADecember 19, 2013
Pros: education reimbursement
Diverse environment, great benefits, no room for advancement
deliver vehicles state to state
Field Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAOctober 27, 2013
I like the company but looking to move on to something better
Decent place to work
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee), Alsip, ILAugust 14, 2013
Moving cars. Enjoy meeting new people. Travelling. Seeing other parts of my state and other places.
A job to go see the country!
Driver/Part-time (Former Employee), Colmar, PAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: travel, work when you want as much as you want
Cons: no benefits or steady paycheck
This is a wonderful place to work if you love to drive and love to see the country. You basically pick up vehicles from one location and deliver to another sometimes in other states. You can chose to be a local driver or go outside of the daily routine and see the country. You work when there is work, and you aren't stuck in the daily nine to five...but sometimes you have to put in some serious hours to drop off or pick up your vehicle. The only downfall to this is that your paychecks will vary and to keep them up, you have to work. Sometimes to have to deal with people who don't want their vehicles taken, but you deal with situations as it comes. If they had benefits, I probably would have still worked for this company.
I was able to learn something new everyday
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJApril 23, 2013
Pros: being able to travel
Cons: it was only a seaonal position
Pickup and delivered fleet vehicles throughout New Jersey

Read and interpreted maps and driving directions to assure economical use of time and equipment

Maintained vehicle logs and receipts/money received
Industry