Amerigas Propane

Amerigas Propane Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Office Manager/CRR/Super-User (Current Employee), Lowmansville, KYJune 9, 2015
Pros: Set schedule, great benefits
Cons: Difficult customers
Great place to work, employees easy to get along with and work with. Good opportunity to meet new people. Handle all incoming calls and walk-ins. Process daily work and handle customer payments. Manager is great to work for and very flexible. I've met some great people in my 18 years here.
Assistant Office Clerk (Former Employee), Waldoboro, MEJune 8, 2015
Staff is very outgoing,and willing to help wherever needed, and everyone is always pleasant to be around. Management was always fair with the employees.
Small
Transport Coordinator (Former Employee), HoustonJune 3, 2015
Pros: Fun work environment
Cons: Poor Manangement
PTI was a company that had many areas of weak managers that didn't provide the support or direction needed. They didn't follow market values for positions resulting in severe pay discrepancy for many employed.
Great people to work around.
Customer Relations Rep (Former Employee), Ogden UtahJune 2, 2015
My experience with AmeriGas Propane was overall great. My manager was always available when needed. Co-workers were fun people. I learned a lot about the propane industry during my employment. The most enjoyable part of my employment was meeting all the fun/honest customers that we had come in to the office.
great place
Data Processing Specialist (Current Employee), Westlake, OHApril 20, 2015
Great place to work but position is most likely temporary. Great hours, flexible and able to work at your own pace. Easy work with good pay.
Day in the life of an Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAMarch 7, 2015
In a typical day as an Accounts Payable Clerk I was responsible for auditing and processing expense reports to ensure timely payment. I was also responsible for matching Purchase Order to invoices and well as streamlining the expense report and invoice processing to ensure time approval of invoices and reports so that payment could go out.
Daily work flow
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Oxnard, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great training
Cons: poor management
Pull stability reports
communicate to every plant in area with their stabilization metrics
Be available for every end user and act as a trainer when need be
communicate with every District manager and share buying accounts metrics
pull expiring contracts
delegate and open tasks for end users
fun workplace
Office Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 26, 2015
loved my position at this location and loved getting to talk with customers everyday.i learned that many people are very different and you have to approach everyone with a different attitude.
great place to work
CRR Gloria Byers supervisor (Former Employee), Kent, WAFebruary 4, 2015
Amerigas was a great place to work, you met all kinds of people working at the counter and got to know the customers well, the drivers were wonderful to work with when you had emergency situations they always went out of their way to help the you and the customer get the job accomplished
Small Call Center with valuable Team Players.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Rocklin, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches sometimes, 30 min lunch breaks, nice environment.
Cons: little break room with one refigerator and over 70 employees.
Amerigas Propane is a fun call center to work for. It is a 24/7 emergency center that helps customers in need of propane and assist in potential gas leaks for both commercial and residential customers. I really enjoy working for this company and I have been with the company for over 8yrs now. I currently live in Sacramento and commute to Rocklin, CA and so I am looking for something more closer to home.
Helpful staff and great management
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), Rocklin, CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits for regular employees, with opportunities for advancement
Cons: seasonal
I enjoy working here. The only downside is it is seasonal employment. They have great benefits, and is a great environment. Management is amazing. I just wish you knew ahead of time if they were able to keep you past your seasonal employment.
Good Company
Delivery Representative (Former Employee), Malvern, PANovember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch during meetings, bonus intentives
Cons: under staffed
We are over worked and under payed
The company is trying to grow too fast, and at the same time run it like a smaller company.
I learned a lot about the propane business in the short time I was employed there.
19 years with one company
Service Technician (Former Employee), Valley Forge, PA/Lebec, CaNovember 15, 2014
Experienced several work locations and situations, several managers, Given advanced training in some areas, trained others.
You get out of it what you put into it
Delivery representative (Former Employee), Richmond, VANovember 4, 2014
Pros: plenty of overtime, benefits decent, pay is good for what's expected of you
Cons: on call stinks but it's part of the job, lots of rules to follow...so many at times your head swims
Amerigas was good to me...it has its typical crazy days that make you want to bang your head against the steering wheel...but what company in the transportation field doesn't? Winter is crazy for any petroleum company, but the overtime is there to compensate for it. I worked at the Richmond, VA facility as a delivery driver...had an outstanding district manager and a super support staff in the office. Co-workers were decent for the most part...there are always a few idiots, but easy enough to ignore as you're out on the road all day and not interacting with them regularly. Company is RABID about safety...which they have to be in order to haul explosive gas everywhere. Be prepared to take safety SERIOUSLY if you intend to work here....it is not just lip service, they live it.
Sale and Customer Service
AmeriGas Account Manager for 3 districts (Former Employee), Lyndonville, VTOctober 23, 2014
Details about daily working schedule, experiences with AmeriGas, can be given upon request.
Propane Delivery Rep
Propane Delivery Rep. (Former Employee), La Grande, OROctober 20, 2014
Was a great fast paced job keeping our customers supplied with propane.
Nice job
District Manager (Current Employee), Merced, CASeptember 16, 2014
You keep busy lots of changes must be good at computers and customer service.
once a Great Company To work for
Amerigas sales and service manager (Former Employee), Taos New MexicoSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great opportunity for growth and training, and advancment
Cons: heritage management take over
When Amerigas was still Amerigas the company offered a rewarding career opportunity. A typical day for me included managing two districts as well as heading up the safety department for the entire state of New Mexico. I Was given the training and authority to complete all tasks related to my positions. I enjoyed the various challenges each day brought. I enjoyed offering my customers the very best service possible and had great pride in having a crew which truly cared for taking care of our customers. A hard part of the Job was always being short handed. The hardest part of the job was during the integration of Amerigas and Heritage propane companies seeing the majority of old Amerigas crews and their managers myself included loose our jobs in New Mexico, and seeing that our replacements did not have our qualifications, integrity, or desire to care for the customers. We have watched our award winning offices, awarded for customer service, fall apart and no longer offer customer service of any kind. It is an absolute disgrace to Amerigas propane. At least most of the New Mexico districts are no longer called Amerigas.
Fast paced winter time work in the propane world
CUSTOMER RELATIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Bolivar, MOJuly 22, 2014
Pros: advanced vacations, trust from management, paid company travel
Cons: frequent turnover in managers, high prices on propane, bad company reputation
Typical days at Amerigas involved alot of reports and daily work logs. We definetly had enough to keep us busy. I learned many different functions of Amerigas. I learned payroll, bottle dispensing, DOT rules and regulations, and other various aspects of the work place.
I have experienced three different managers in my time at Amerigas. The managers have all been very easy to work with and they all understand that I will get my job done with in my allotted 8 hours. I rarely require overtime. They will leave the office for me to run and they have no worries. I got the privelidge to work with the same girl every single day who had been at the company longer than myself. She taught me so much that I did not already know. We became good friends. The hardest part of the job was having to explain to customers why the price of propane was so high knowing they could not afford it.
My favorite part of the job was the interactions between myself and my coworkers. We always could joke around and have fun and know when we had to stop and get back to work. No one had to be told to get busy.
not a place to work
Service Technician / Bulk Truck Driver (Former Employee), North Wilkesboro, NCJuly 10, 2014
this company doesn't care for it's employees, they are another company that just looks at you like a number and will lay you off at the drop of a hat .... while keeping others who are working full time thru the temp services ....don't even buy your Propane from this company...

1 2 3 4 5

About Amerigas Propane

UGI (derived from its original name, United Gas Improvement) is a leading energy services, marketing, and distribution company – Read more

Amerigas Propane Salaries