AMERIGAS

AMERIGAS Employee Reviews

Laid back atmosphere
Data entry / Master data verification review clerk (Former Employee), Westlake, OHJuly 14, 2015
Pros: laid back
Cons: hush hush management
Worked there as a seasonal ( Sept - May) easy work doing data entry. The place is very laid back where you really do not see management. There is no clocking in and out for breaks from your desk which was very appreciated but silly because the system can be abused. The Westlake office is kind of silly meaning that they just have a laid back atmosphere where they have a floor walked to make sure everyone is in their seats in the beginning and during the day. The staff is mixed but not really a lot of men. This job is seasonal so keep looking as you work but if you are a butt kiss, they may keep you. Management is really hush hush.
Achieving the task
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 14, 2015
Pros: More familiar with my environment
Cons: Needed more challenges
I daily worked with different lender integration projects and in the process developed high level view of data requirements and performed data analysis. Conducted meetings with technical team and upper management and acted as a liaison. Frequently, assisted the project manager in the creation of the project charter & vision document. My co-workers are always there when i need them. Promoting each others knowledge on the job improves work satisfaction. The hardest part of the job was i had to multitask and the most enjoyable part of the job is multitasking kept me busy and more knowledgeable by the day.
Teamwork
CRR (Current Employee), Londonderry, NHJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Amazing boss
Cons: healthcare
Great group of people in Londonderry.
Answer phones, customers are the priority.
Regular duties depending on your roll...I have distribution.
Poor Management
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee), Pinehurst, TXJune 28, 2015
Poor Management also the company does not care for their employees. Have had many issues and none have ever been resolved.
It is fine if a party-like atmosphere is to your liking
Data Processor (Former Employee), Westlake, OHJune 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible with breaks and lunches and newer accommodations
Cons: Noisy, office area too open
Management turns a blind eye to boisterous and loud behavior. Not fond of the constant stream of new-hires as seasonal or otherwise. The most enjoyable part of the job is working independently. The hardest part of the job is having to tolerate the loud and boisterous atmosphere. Also, since it is loud, the walls around the cubicles are not high enough to block out the noise.
Delivery Representative (Propane) (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJune 20, 2015
Pros: Everything, including discount on propane
Cons: Pulling the hose 150 feet from the truck
Local management is great. I go in in the morning get my route and go to work. Everyone is helpful. Nobody breathing down my back and they never push me to do more. I like working here.
This is a good place to work just needs some improvments
Customer Service Rep/Super User (Current Employee), Fort Recovery, OHJune 15, 2015
Pros: bonus programs, flexible
Cons: not enough managment presence at local districts
Amerigas is a great place to work I enjoy my job and would love to see things improve on some levels. The upper management doesn't get out to the districts enough I have never met any of them and I think they would see a lot more if they come out. I also believe the employees would have more respect for them if they would come out and introduce themselves instead of only doing it from email. I think less email and more face to face interaction is needed in this company.
Once great company,untold story
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 14, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Ask no question do as told
this company was a good company to work for before they implemented a new computer program called SAP, which in my opinion has no reverence in sailing or delivering propane. A total disaster causing long time customers and seasoned employees to leave the company.Shortly afterwards a company merger took place and again some of the best vp's started retiring or resigned.New management with the good ol' boy system still live and well at this location.
Ole Boys Club
credit and collections manager (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAMay 31, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
underpaid
overworked
treated unfairly as a female
treated poorly by management
treated poorly by customers
didn't let you take vacation time earned
shorter hours when business slow
not paid overtime for work done after close
smelled bad
chemicals dangerous
corporate office is a joke
overpaid, ignorant executives
Wouldn't recommend working or doing business with this company.
CRR (Former Employee), Millsboro, DEMay 27, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Everything else
The only good thing about this job was the hours. Poor management and favoritism by management. No communication. Lazy, back stabbing coworkers. No organization. Unfair pricing for customers based on the competition. Not enough pay for work load. High expectations for some while others don't have to follow rules. Borderline harassment and intentionally disrespectful service tech tolerated by management. Horrible place to work, with equally horrible people.
Was a great company but would now would not recommend to my worst enemy
Industrial Sales MGR (Former Employee), OhioMay 26, 2015
Pros: Decent Money
Cons: See above
Worked for this company for approx 10years does not promote from within. Could care less about their employees. Dedication does not matter. They hire managers who have no clue about the gas industry. They treat customers in a way that the customer should be excited that AmeriGas allows the customer to business with them. And the one thing that I can tell you is that when you sell an account you have no support from Mgr's, VP's etc the could care less. Equipment sucks!
My Work Expertise
CDL Driver (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, SCMay 2, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: None
To gain employment for a company that's seeking someone who possesses strong motivation skills, good customer service inbound and outbound, great communication skills, and the ability and willingness to learn a variety of additional skills.
Enjoyed job task and balancing records.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Belpre, OHMay 2, 2015
Pros: 10% discount on propane
Posted daily work, made daily deposit, worked on A/P and A/R. Answered telephone, helped customers with invoices, HEAP, Community Action, help solve customers problems, did month end reports, monthly statements and did other monthly reports and quarterly reports for home office. Most enjoyable part of job for me was getting a call from customer who was disgruntled and the call would end with the customer satisfied with solution.
They are Best in the Industry for a reason
Wholesale Marketing, Northeast (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 22, 2015
Great people who do a very good job to work hard together. Their direction and objectives were clear set forth by the senior management.
Great company with good benefits
CUSTOMER RELATIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Nashville, NCMarch 17, 2015
I enjoy working here the only thing I do not like is there is no room for advancement unless I move and unfortunately that is not a possibility with my family and going to school to complete my degree.
meh..
propane delivery rep (Current Employee), houstonMarch 6, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
I work there now.....and like alot of people have said....management...it's terrible.....my lead manager doesn't know the first thing about propane....he used to manage water deliveries....and when you get hired they basically throw you to the dogs to learn the ropes yourself. But the one thing that angers me the most is that they say they are all about safety. We have these "safety" meetings each week...and they tell us to be safe....take our time...but then they throw in that we need more customers and have to get more deliveries done each day without hitting overtime....it's a lose lose situation. Very frustrating. I only stay because I need the money....which by the way...what you start with is what you'll end with there....never expect a raise. Not happening.
Solid company with opportunity for growth
District Manager (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 21, 2015
Typical day at work is high energy, fast pace requiring problem solving.
I have learned how to hire the right people, multi task and use my years of experience to solve difficult problems
I work with a dedicated group of co workers
Hardest part of the job is the pace that does not seem to slow
The most enjoyable part of the job is building a team and to see the positive results.
Amerigas is 14 hours a day, 6 days a week
District Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2015
The mantra is always do more with less. Complaints from all the other managers and drivers I met were identical. When we're not at work, we are on call.... If you don't mind working from before sunup to after sundown, and getting calls at midnight from customers who think they "smell gas", this might be an ok place for you.
I enjoyed my job it self but there is no team work.
Bulk Delivery Representative (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2015
On a typical work week I would deliver 35-50 customer. I would work 6-7 days a week, 14-18 hours a day. I had to put up with some co-workers that came to work to create problems and challenge people and push back when asked of them. There was a change of management and a untrained person came in and listened to the wrong people that have motives to gain for themselves. They discredited his statements that he would not put up with people creating problems. I have learn that big corporations don't value there employees and they don't see the worth. We are just work ants! Give them just what they ask for, no more no less!

The most enjoyable part of my job was at the end of the day the feeling of accomplishment. That I made a difference and the customers I delivered to received there propane to keep their home warm and be able to have hot water and be able to cook for their family.
great job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Pearl, MSFebruary 9, 2015
i love my job . great hours . great people. just a temporary assignment. job is not hard . love it fun. love the customers. love the atmosphere

1 2 3 4 5

About AMERIGAS

America has a gas with AmeriGas Partners. Purveying propane has propelled the company to its positionĀ as the topĀ US retail propane – Read more

AMERIGAS Salaries