AMERIGAS Employee Reviews

Largest supplier of propane in the world, smart, well structured company
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, NCJanuary 15, 2016
AmeriGas focuses on the safety of their employees more than any company I have worked for. They are known worldwide. AmeriGas is highly professional with the most up to date computer resources to make the company run more efficient. I would recommend others for employment there. I also have and will continue to recommend commercial and residential customers to call them for new service.
Place sucks ( Richmond va )
driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 14, 2016
Management was the worst I've ever worked for.. my own supervisor would throw me under the bus to save his face . From the look of things Amerigas is going down hill or just that branch ever time you turn around either you have to try and bring in leads or how many customers was lost smh just a shame
Cons
AmeriGas corporate lacks muscle memory resulting in minimal continuity and less corporate conscience.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 5, 2016
AmeriGas is the largest retail propane distributer with some exceptional field employees who manage to retain business in spite of corporate initiatives.
Most field employees feel their role is to protect the customer from Valley Forge, corporate headquarters.
AmeriGas is fortunate that the majority of customers feel they are buying the service of their local driver or customer relationship representative and they (local employees and neighbors) are looking out for their (the customer’s) best interest.
It is difficult to maintain personal values when every transaction is negotiable based on how much can I get away with not what is the value of the service I am providing.
As I stated there are a lot of good people working for AmeriGas who struggle every day to justify their actions and a few whose only goal is to make money perpetuating a culture of gloom and fear.
A service industry job can be fun and rewarding but that is not allowed to be part of the AmeriGas DNA.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Corporate Blinders
A lot of risk with job.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 3, 2016
Inspected my propane cans and truck before delivery and pick-up. Refilled the cans with propane at the end of my shift. Reloaded truck for work the following day.
Benefits
Cons
Risky. Management was not any good.
N/a
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Rudolph, WIDecember 28, 2015
Management changes often.SAP should be taught to new hires rather than having current customer service representative teaching it throughout the work day. there is miscommunication, and sometimes no communication between employees which can lead to disgruntled out of gas customers.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
N/A
Amerigas dundee
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dundee, FLDecember 11, 2015
If you work here watch for management..the new manager has no clue what's going on...she lies and nobody trust her. They can't get the routes in order..drivers are all helpful and real good people..
Pros
Good training. Safety
Cons
Management sucks
Temp work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  PANovember 28, 2015
It was a temp to hire position with being told after 3 months you would get hired on and they had no intention on hiring anyone on and lied about it to everyone to keep them working
bobtail driver
bob tail driver (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GANovember 18, 2015
not a great place to work i enjoyed my customers my cr's were great my first 4 mangers were okay to work for my last one no comment
it is an average job
bob tail driver (Former Employee) –  aj azNovember 10, 2015
start early check my truck check my route .try to get correct information for my route. hardest part in trying to get good info for my stops . like percentage size location gate codes is there a dog does it bite
Pros
not part of amerigas work enviorment
delivery driver
Seasonal Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 5, 2015
Great place to work at. Great paying job. No complaints at all. Great customer service and customers never complain about the company.
great crew
Delivery/driver (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 23, 2015
Loved the job but hated the management . Had to swallow earned vacations even if I gave 1 month advanced notice. after new management came in tings went south . it is great pay and great benefits , but if your not the kinda yes sir person not the job for you
Pros
health care, 401k
unethical ran business treatment of underneath workers
propane cylinder refurbisher (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAOctober 8, 2015
freezing weather conditions. was disciplined for minor things for instance was harassed and yelled at by coworkers and higher up managers. worked in nasty work environment. bosses knew of my experience and certifications taunted me about ''stepping up'' when they went and hired a person with my same set of skills and hired him for the forklift positions i was certified in ahead of me.
Fast pace work environment, especially in the winter
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 27, 2015
Always lots to do. Great team (co-workers). Harder in the winter time because they expect you to be there regardless of the weather. Great vacation time but at my location they only want you to take it between April - September.
Pros
Lots of bonuses
Adobe Propane
Adobe Propane (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMSeptember 25, 2015
They are very good company to work for. However they hire at a very low pay rate for all the work that gets done on a daily basis.
Good place to work, but challenging
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 24, 2015
Fair management, invest in employees with continuous training and coaching, professional yet relaxed atmosphere. The only drawbacks are that OT is required during peak periods and holidays, and it can be challenging to keep up with the demands of the call center requirements.
Pros
continuous training and professional atmosphere
Cons
can be stressful to maintain expectations, have to work OT & holidays
fast paced,hot during summer loses business during winter.pay is not accurate to the job at hand
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Northfield, NHSeptember 17, 2015
very hard to explain but it is very fast paced,things break non stop which effects productivity.new manager does not hire people on is all about money.
Productive work place with positive work environment
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MISeptember 16, 2015
Pleasurable environment, with various personalities which enhanced room for growth. Much room for growth and development, long term workers are very knowledgeable and willing to assist new employees. The manager is very supportive to employees and it has a family atmosphere.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No over time
Excellent place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sidman, PASeptember 10, 2015
Amerigas is a great place to work, I interact with many different personalities each day on the phone, you need to be able to treat them all with respect, and to take care of their needs.
Even though I am only a seasonal employee, I am made to feel welcome back by all. Being a seasonal employee is the hardest part of the job,(Getting back into the grove of things.) after such a long time off.
Pros
Being a seasonial employee
Cons
Being a seasonial employee
outdoors
driver - delivery- customer service (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 7, 2015
filling propane tanks
safety first
small shop
lots of overtime
challenging working conditions
beautiful scenery
co-workers are great. team work
Pros
beautiful delivery areas
Cons
snakes/ dogs /wasps etc
company appreciates employees
ECC Agent (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAAugust 27, 2015
excellent company that offers extensive assistance to new employees. Gives great hours. shows appreciation for employees.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
seasonal.