AmeriGas Employee Reviews in United States

tools
deliver represent (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, CAJuly 11, 2016
I like this company because they provide all the tools We need to perform a good deliver to costumers.
also the high rate in secure they give to costumers and employees is a big deal nothing have to wait for something happen just its a good security care of the company.
if they change the way how distribute the annual bonds and salaries have to be agree to the years working of the workers.
Pros
again tools to perform our dutties
Cons
bonds and salaries
Great Hours
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 7, 2016
Great place to work, Manager was outstanding, probably the best manager I have ever worked for. Only downfall is the pay. For the job being done I think the pay is too low.
Loved the job
Logistics Manager/Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJuly 5, 2016
I worked there for just under 10 years, all production moved to NC, along with the jobs. I truly miss working in Manufacturing and the challenges it has to offer
nice atmosphere
administrator (Former Employee) –  Kendallville, INJune 23, 2016
Typical office duties. I enjoyed the people that I worked with, The over all structure was a little unorganized. Things were done by the boss that I wouldn't approve. Mon- Friday 700-330 nice hours
A simple Job made Complicated
Service Technician/Bulk Driver (Current Employee) –  Hale, MIJune 22, 2016
A Job where you are not overseen constantly....A once simple Job complicated by added personnel who have no knowledge of our customers or needs,more and more company policies hindering our ability to get work done.
Favouritism.
Pros
Little Supervision, 401 K match of 5%
Cons
On call, Favourtism
On Call
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMay 31, 2016
They make you work over your allowed hours to drive to service customers.Bein on call is horrible getting woke up with a phone call at 230am.
Pros
Easy Goin
Cons
Hours are cut
It was like working for yourself, I hardly every had to see the boss as long as we kept our route up.
driver (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COMay 31, 2016
This was a great job ! It was like working for your self,. we started and worked as long as we liked to get the job done.there were no time clocks, take lunch when you wanted. again a great job.
Pros
it was like working for myself.
Cons
there was a very long weeks in the summer time.
Team oriented company with a fantastic work / life balance.
Area Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Townsend, MTMay 30, 2016
Wonderful company to work for. Very transparent from the top down. Regularly holds informational meetings on the health of the company per region. Significant room and chance for advancement. Pay is competitive and benefits are between good and excellent. A very safety conscience organization.
Pros
Work life balance, management is strong and fair.
Cons
Too many people doing the same job at the corporate level
Amerigas Driver / Deliverer (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ALMay 19, 2016
A very well established and supportive company to work for very enjoyable people. New faces everyday with customers. Self reliant onsite decision making gives this position character.
Empty promises
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Delta, COMay 18, 2016
I loved this job. Challenging, fun work environment with a really dynamic crew to work with. Unfortunately, it did not last. When the manager was demoted, the Delta plant fell apart. The temporary manager and area director promised we would get a full time manager. The position has to this day not even been posted; so did they have any intention of hiring a new manager-my opinion is "no". We were short staffed for several months before action was taken to remedy. In short, I feel they do not really value employees as much as they value the almighty dollar.
Pros
co-workers!
Cons
no breaks, long hours, no appreciation when short staffed
Good Job, Okay Pay
Delivery Driver (Hazmat) (Current Employee) –  Mustang, OKMay 5, 2016
This is the best company I've worked for as far as management and teamwork is concerned. My immediate supervisor was always helpful, and the office personel followed suit. The pay is less that what I need, so I'll be leaving. The last raise we received didn't counter the increased cost in the company medical coverage. Who can continue to work in a place where your raise isn't even something you get to take home. I suppose that happens with a lot of corporate companies. Their order of financial consideration goes; Shareholders, CEO, Upper Management, National customers, regular customers, lower management, finally all other employees.

There were bonuses if the district met certain sales goals. As a rule, I don't consider this a good thing because it's unreliable and exists on factors that I had absolutely no control over (other than safety).
Pros
Good management and office staff
Cons
Pay doesn't increase enough to combat inflation and healthcare costs
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Crystal City, MOApril 29, 2016
I have worked there 5 years. I work 10 hours a day. Big turn over in management and employees at are district. It is a good place to work!!
Pros
EMPLOYEE PRICE GAS
Cons
LONG HOURS IN THE WINTERS
A very fast pace company with great employees
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, MIApril 27, 2016
AmeriGas propane is dedicated to customer service and has employees that care about their customers as if they were family.
It's a very challenging job, but the opportunity was there and I took it.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIApril 21, 2016
As a Service Technician, I'm responsible for maintaining the fuel farm which consists of six 30,000 gallon propane tanks. I deliver propane to businesses and residents and install propane tanks, piping, regulators, and meters. I learned that the most important thing about my job is safety first. I take pride in providing quality service to each and everyone of my clients.
What I learned so far is that people always come before profits whether it be money or promotion wise, you always need to be ethical and never forget your priorities in life. In order to be a success in your job, you need to work hard and never take short-cuts...do it the right way first and you'll never go wrong.
As for management, I always work well with my bosses. They're there to lead and advise, but if I see that there are things that need to be addressed, I will always bring it to their attention in order for the company to be operating productively and smoothly.
When working with co-workers I also have good communication skills and know that I am there to help them if they need assistance. Working together can only make a business better and a place that will be enjoyable to work at.
The hardest thing about the job is making sure my customers are satisfied with the work completed in a timely manner.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the customers are so happy and appreciative of a job well-done.
Pros
Company and customers happy....and a paycheck
Cons
Rude competitors
enjoy the flexibility the company allows for work/life balance
Customer Relations Rep (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 14, 2016
fast pasted, laid back office environment, opportunity to learn new procedures daily, no micro management, ability to make decisions on the spot
Pros
Laid back enviroment
Cons
budget cutbacks, annual raises are very small
more factory work
team member (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAApril 7, 2016
recycling left over scraps and refurbishing salvageable propane tanks. stacking full propane tanks for forklift. evacuating left over propane from tanks. preparing tanks for re painting.
Pros
none except getting paid 10 bucks an hour
Cons
poor weather conditions and vulgar short tempered bosses
Fun Place To Work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 2, 2016
Great Job would recommend anyone to work here, Lots of freedom as long as your work is completed, Nice Equipment, but could pay a little better. thanks
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Economical
Fun workplace with teamwork and opportunties to grow with the companies
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Commerce, GAMarch 27, 2016
I enjoy customer service and administrative duties

I enjoy working in a fast pace environmemt

I enjoy being able to service customers and opportunties to help them when I can
Pros
DISCOUNTS ON PROPANE TRAINING PROGRAMS
Cons
DISTANCE TO WORK
Customer SErvice Rocks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA 22401March 17, 2016
I loved working for amerigas. IT was my best job so far. Offers great medical benefits as well as competetive pay and paid time off. Best job i've ever had.
Very unprofessional enviroment
CRR / Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ranson, WVMarch 5, 2016
No team players, very catty and high school like environment....
I believe management was improving by the time I was out, but the office setting was a nightmare.... No respect or common courtesy, it was like entering the twilight zone!

2.8