AMERIGAS

AMERIGAS Employer Reviews

Love working in the Utility field
Customer Service/Collections Representative (Former Employee), Tyrone, PAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: terrible healthcare plan
I enjoyed mostly the Customer Service aspect of this position. Meeting and assisting new people.
Overworked and unfair work place
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2014
Pros: once in the company you get pretty good insurance
Cons: short breaks, health hazard, overworked, racism, favoritism, underpaid
Management at Amerigas propane on Taft Vineland. Orlando, Florida, is horrible. Secretary is racist to Hispanic/Latinos, which are the majority of the people working there. The Supervisor is mean almost all the time, she tries hard to over work you, she yells, and she plays favorites at work, to the point where certain people can be allowed to make – more... extra hours in the morning just sitting around doing nothing. The HVAC is the definition of lazy and never want to fix any of the machines unless we get the manager or supervisor to ask him directly. The Manager is by far, out of everyone, the most responsible and hard working, but alas he is not there often. And when he is everyone falls into place or if anything does go wrong the manager is lenient. The employees are over worked and underpaid. Even after they get out of the temp and into the actual company. They have had a history of giving people they 'like' better pay. Not to mention inhaling propane for 8 or more hours a day. Over time is mandatory, yet the don't provide mask or suits to protect against this gas. They are also horribly understaffed, making the employees work more then they have to. – less
I ran the satellite office in Fredericksburg. I'm a great multi-tasker.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: i was able to help people. i enjoyed being the one that people relied on.
Cons: it was hard turning customer's heat/hot water off, even though it was my job.
I was a Customer Service Rep, as well as handling the Collections Dept. It was the toughest job I've ever had. I had to determine whether a customer had to have their gas cut off or not. I had many people call me and yell at me. I always kept calm. I worked with them, with payment plans, etc. I also convinced people to switch to our company. I sold – more... our products. I handled a cash drawer. I dispatchd calls to the delivery dept and the service dept. I was accused of being "too nice" by management. I worked many overtime hours during the winter months. I also volunteered for classes to learn more about the company and how other departments worked, as well as worked at the fairs to get more customers. – less
Awesome place to work. Would go back in a heartbeat
Receptionist (Former Employee), Oxford, MSSeptember 18, 2014
A typical day is 8am-5pm. I loved the very laid back atmosphere and how everyone pulled together to get the job done. I learned a lot from there and if my contract hadn't run out (i was a temp) I would still be there. For the first time in my life I had found a place where I could see myself in 30 years. Great company, great people.
Employee focused Management
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Westlake, OhioSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: employee focused management
Cons: call center closing.
Answered in bound calls and supported customer needs. Place fuel orders for propane users. Handled billing questions and troubleshot usage and billing errors.
Accolades: Amerigas Hero. Recognition for going above and beyond when setting customer up on appropriate fuel plan for his seasonal needs.
SAP Trained. Microsoft Excel. Ameri-guide navigation. – more... Microsoft Outlook.  – less
Enjoyable Job with Rough Management
Propane Delivery Driver (Former Employee), West Windsor, NJAugust 19, 2014
Pros: decent money
Cons: too much on call
The job itself was enjoyable and the working atmosphere among co-workers was great. However it is not a family friendly company. And Management would instantly fire someone for slight oversight on paperwork.
Nice people
Laborer (Current Employee), Ruffs Dale, PAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: fun employees
Cons: no management
There was nice employees just management didn't care about you.
repetitive
Propane Bottle Referbisher (Former Employee), Noble, ILJuly 27, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: repetitive motion same position all day instead of rotation
repetitive motion same position all day instead of rotation
Big without a plan
District Manager (Former Employee), TexasJuly 6, 2014
Pros: bonus program
Cons: out of touch management
Safety is a focus;everything else is lip service. Management is out of touch with the day to day. Staffing model is inadequate to meet the demands of the business - do more with less!
God management and fun place to work
Service Technician (Former Employee), AlaskaJune 30, 2014
Found the job to be fun and educational. Spent a lot of time out doors and was challenging.
Very unproifessional, closed door policy. No advocate for employees
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee), Allentown,PAJune 11, 2014
My experience with the job was easy, I was able to grasp on to the systems well and begin to build relationships with customers.

This job let me go with out notice.
I believe because I reported harassment to upper management including the negligence from my immediate supervisor. Which led me quickly out the door. Do not apply, this company never trained – more... me after 6 months, I was thrown at some ones desk to just work, no appreciation because at 6 months I was excelling. Does not value employees. Very sneaky regional and upper management. – less
Ameri Gas
Intern Lockbox Associate/ Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAJune 2, 2014
AmeriGas is the nation's largest propane company, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural and motor fuel propane customers from over 2,500 distribution locations in all 50 states.
Propane company serviced individuals and business
Receptionist (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 29, 2014
Pros: office work and research
Cons: having to make decisions i didn't know anything about
Open office and answer phone. Getting order and routes ready for the drivers keep the customer informed of when the might get there. The manager was a strong personality that didn't want to compermise. Only say the drivers in the morning when they came in and when they came back at the end of the day. Not close with the coworkers because they were not – more... around. Having to make decisions because the manager was not available. Was in an office setting and enjoyed research information for customers. – less
Good work with decent pay
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 3, 2014
I loved the people i worked with. Bad days happened but were few and far between.
Difficult for anyone with a heart
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaApril 22, 2014
Pros: getting told i'm the most helpful person they've talked to in the entire organization.
Cons: getting told i'm the most helpful person they've talked to in the entire organization..
Often had to turn people down for propane deliveries due to billing problems. Got little support from management with any issues the CRR's had. Got told, repeatedly, that if we didn't like how things ran we should find other jobs. Had to fight to get proper training. Poor attitude from the top down.
Management is poor
Give good quality customer service and sales (Former Employee), Riverton, WYApril 16, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: managment
If you are not friends with management and do what they want don't expect to go anywhere with this place. They are crooked clear up to the human resources.
delivery driver (Former Employee), Rutland, VTApril 5, 2014
Pros: newer trucks
Cons: large route area
Bad management lack of organizational skills made to preform task above skill levels without qualification
Customer Service is the Key
delivery driver (Current Employee), Dundee, FloridaApril 3, 2014
Pros: the relationship that i have with other drivers and my customers and the benefits.
Cons: the branch in which i work for.
Greet co workers in the morning, on occasion have safety meetings. Load trucks in the morning to make sure they are ready for the daily route and inspect the truck for DOT standards. There has been so much that I have learned over the years. The most important factor is the safety precautions that I have to deal with every day and giving the best customer – more... service to my customers daily. The most frustrating part of my job is dealing w/ the office workers when it comes to the routing. They don't know where they are sending me and other drivers and I are always on top of each other. Being directed to servicing under unsafe conditions is also a factor. It's aggravating because much more can get accomplished and it effects my efficiency rating and also affects my customer's especially when they run out of gas. The best and most enjoyable part of the my job is meeting with my co drivers and delivering to my customers. – less
Amerigas senior management is not intouch with customers
District General Manager (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 3, 2014
Pros: benefits and salary
Cons: senior management
Amerigas is a very fast paced environment. In winter you'll easily work a 60+ hr workweek. During the summer (slow time, Senior management lays off employees forcing the remaining staff to work 50+hr work weeks.
the place to be for hard work
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Gardena, CAApril 1, 2014
Every day was the same and no chance for advancement work environment was not good

1 2 3 4 5

About AMERIGAS

America has a gas with AmeriGas Partners. Purveying propane has propelled the company to its position as the top US retail propane – Read more