AMERIGAS

AMERIGAS Employer Reviews

Nice people
Laborer (Current Employee), Ruffs Dale, PAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: fun employees
Cons: no management
There was nice employees just management didn't care about you.
repetitive
Propane Bottle Referbisher (Former Employee), Noble, ILJuly 27, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: repetitive motion same position all day instead of rotation
repetitive motion same position all day instead of rotation
Big without a plan
District Manager (Former Employee), TexasJuly 6, 2014
Pros: bonus program
Cons: out of touch management
Safety is a focus;everything else is lip service. Management is out of touch with the day to day. Staffing model is inadequate to meet the demands of the business - do more with less!
God management and fun place to work
Service Technician (Former Employee), AlaskaJune 30, 2014
Found the job to be fun and educational. Spent a lot of time out doors and was challenging.
Very unproifessional, closed door policy. No advocate for employees
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee), Allentown,PAJune 11, 2014
My experience with the job was easy, I was able to grasp on to the systems well and begin to build relationships with customers.

This job let me go with out notice.
I believe because I reported harassment to upper management including the negligence from my immediate supervisor. Which led me quickly out the door. Do not apply, this company never trained – more... me after 6 months, I was thrown at some ones desk to just work, no appreciation because at 6 months I was excelling. Does not value employees. Very sneaky regional and upper management. – less
Ameri Gas
Intern Lockbox Associate/ Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAJune 2, 2014
AmeriGas is the nation's largest propane company, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural and motor fuel propane customers from over 2,500 distribution locations in all 50 states.
Propane company serviced individuals and business
Receptionist (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 29, 2014
Pros: office work and research
Cons: having to make decisions i didn't know anything about
Open office and answer phone. Getting order and routes ready for the drivers keep the customer informed of when the might get there. The manager was a strong personality that didn't want to compermise. Only say the drivers in the morning when they came in and when they came back at the end of the day. Not close with the coworkers because they were not – more... around. Having to make decisions because the manager was not available. Was in an office setting and enjoyed research information for customers. – less
Good work with decent pay
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 3, 2014
I loved the people i worked with. Bad days happened but were few and far between.
Difficult for anyone with a heart
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaApril 22, 2014
Pros: getting told i'm the most helpful person they've talked to in the entire organization.
Cons: getting told i'm the most helpful person they've talked to in the entire organization..
Often had to turn people down for propane deliveries due to billing problems. Got little support from management with any issues the CRR's had. Got told, repeatedly, that if we didn't like how things ran we should find other jobs. Had to fight to get proper training. Poor attitude from the top down.
Management is poor
Give good quality customer service and sales (Former Employee), Riverton, WYApril 16, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: managment
If you are not friends with management and do what they want don't expect to go anywhere with this place. They are crooked clear up to the human resources.
delivery driver (Former Employee), Rutland, VTApril 5, 2014
Pros: newer trucks
Cons: large route area
Bad management lack of organizational skills made to preform task above skill levels without qualification
Customer Service is the Key
delivery driver (Current Employee), Dundee, FloridaApril 3, 2014
Pros: the relationship that i have with other drivers and my customers and the benefits.
Cons: the branch in which i work for.
Greet co workers in the morning, on occasion have safety meetings. Load trucks in the morning to make sure they are ready for the daily route and inspect the truck for DOT standards. There has been so much that I have learned over the years. The most important factor is the safety precautions that I have to deal with every day and giving the best customer – more... service to my customers daily. The most frustrating part of my job is dealing w/ the office workers when it comes to the routing. They don't know where they are sending me and other drivers and I are always on top of each other. Being directed to servicing under unsafe conditions is also a factor. It's aggravating because much more can get accomplished and it effects my efficiency rating and also affects my customer's especially when they run out of gas. The best and most enjoyable part of the my job is meeting with my co drivers and delivering to my customers. – less
Amerigas senior management is not intouch with customers
District General Manager (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 3, 2014
Pros: benefits and salary
Cons: senior management
Amerigas is a very fast paced environment. In winter you'll easily work a 60+ hr workweek. During the summer (slow time, Senior management lays off employees forcing the remaining staff to work 50+hr work weeks.
the place to be for hard work
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Gardena, CAApril 1, 2014
Every day was the same and no chance for advancement work environment was not good
fair
Eastern Region Manager-Wholesale (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 26, 2014
Good place to work for the most part. People there are great and management is also good
Enjoyed working their
Customer Service Representative/Office Manager (Former Employee), Morrisville, VTFebruary 23, 2014
I like waiting on customers. I answered phones and did daily office work
multi-task CSR
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Seneca SCFebruary 19, 2014
Handle payments/make deposits. Answer phones, place orders, complete work orders for service work. Schedule service work. Take payments. Possess good Customer Service Skills with all customers. Work well with others. Stay very busy
repetitive heavy lifting
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Noble, ILFebruary 19, 2014
Alot of heavy and repetitive lifting, long hours, etc. Was a very demanding job physical wise
Customer Service / Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Westlake, OHFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: good location
Cons: n/a
Professiona atmosphere.

Friendly Staff.

Good location.

Proffesional attire.
Service Technician (Former Employee), Waycross, GAFebruary 6, 2014
Hard work at times. I think really all jobs and how you rate them isn't necessarily the job, management can make the difference. Nothing wrong with a college education but common sense goes a lot further. I really enjoyed the company and I still show pride in working for them.

1 2 3 4

About AMERIGAS

America has a gas with AmeriGas Partners. Purveying propane has propelled the company to its positionĀ as the topĀ US retail propane – Read more