AMERIGAS

AMERIGAS United States Employee Reviews

Great company with good benefits
CUSTOMER RELATIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Nashville, NCMarch 17, 2015
I enjoy working here the only thing I do not like is there is no room for advancement unless I move and unfortunately that is not a possibility with my family and going to school to complete my degree.
meh..
propane delivery rep (Current Employee), houstonMarch 6, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
I work there now.....and like alot of people have said....management...it's terrible.....my lead manager doesn't know the first thing about propane....he used to manage water deliveries....and when you get hired they basically throw you to the dogs to learn the ropes yourself. But the one thing that angers me the most is that they say they are all about safety. We have these "safety" meetings each week...and they tell us to be safe....take our time...but then they throw in that we need more customers and have to get more deliveries done each day without hitting overtime....it's a lose lose situation. Very frustrating. I only stay because I need the money....which by the way...what you start with is what you'll end with there....never expect a raise. Not happening.
Solid company with opportunity for growth
District Manager (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 21, 2015
Typical day at work is high energy, fast pace requiring problem solving.
I have learned how to hire the right people, multi task and use my years of experience to solve difficult problems
I work with a dedicated group of co workers
Hardest part of the job is the pace that does not seem to slow
The most enjoyable part of the job is building a team and to see the positive results.
Amerigas is 14 hours a day, 6 days a week
District Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2015
The mantra is always do more with less. Complaints from all the other managers and drivers I met were identical. When we're not at work, we are on call.... If you don't mind working from before sunup to after sundown, and getting calls at midnight from customers who think they "smell gas", this might be an ok place for you.
I enjoyed my job it self but there is no team work.
Bulk Delivery Representative (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2015
On a typical work week I would deliver 35-50 customer. I would work 6-7 days a week, 14-18 hours a day. I had to put up with some co-workers that came to work to create problems and challenge people and push back when asked of them. There was a change of management and a untrained person came in and listened to the wrong people that have motives to gain for themselves. They discredited his statements that he would not put up with people creating problems. I have learn that big corporations don't value there employees and they don't see the worth. We are just work ants! Give them just what they ask for, no more no less!

The most enjoyable part of my job was at the end of the day the feeling of accomplishment. That I made a difference and the customers I delivered to received there propane to keep their home warm and be able to have hot water and be able to cook for their family.
great job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Pearl, MSFebruary 9, 2015
i love my job . great hours . great people. just a temporary assignment. job is not hard . love it fun. love the customers. love the atmosphere
customer service
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Rocklin, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: short break, very little personal freedom
call center work, good hours relaxed dress code, overtime available
fast paced environment not many advancement opportunities
Fun place to work
Executive Secretary (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 28, 2015
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at AmeriGas, coordinating and helping keep a large geographical area in check for almost 12 years now. Many things to list.
Tight work place
Sales Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Prince George, VAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: bonus and free dinner on occations
Cons: not many
In a small work place we all have to communicate and and be postive
Was a Great place to work
Bulk Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Goshen, INJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: freedom of work environment.
Cons: hazardous environment.
The Management was a bit old and not too interested in change. I maintained accounts and helped take care of customers propane needs.
Management was good and very knowledgeable of the job at hand.
Co-Workers very helpful and willing to lend a hand.
I had to work in very dangerous environment. And smelling like propane everyday was not very desirable.
Best part of job was the freedom of working on my time and work plan.
Busy Workplace
Transportation Clerk (Former Employee), Houston TexasDecember 8, 2014
Great management, great co workers, friendly, works great together, not stressful, opportunity to advance to other careers
Love working in the Utility field
Customer Service/Collections Representative (Former Employee), Tyrone, PAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: terrible healthcare plan
I enjoyed mostly the Customer Service aspect of this position. Meeting and assisting new people.
Overworked and unfair work place
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2014
Pros: once in the company you get pretty good insurance
Cons: short breaks, health hazard, overworked, racism, favoritism, underpaid
Management at Amerigas propane on Taft Vineland. Orlando, Florida, is horrible. Secretary is racist to Hispanic/Latinos, which are the majority of the people working there. The Supervisor is mean almost all the time, she tries hard to over work you, she yells, and she plays favorites at work, to the point where certain people can be allowed to make extra hours in the morning just sitting around doing nothing. The HVAC is the definition of lazy and never want to fix any of the machines unless we get the manager or supervisor to ask him directly. The Manager is by far, out of everyone, the most responsible and hard working, but alas he is not there often. And when he is everyone falls into place or if anything does go wrong the manager is lenient. The employees are over worked and underpaid. Even after they get out of the temp and into the actual company. They have had a history of giving people they 'like' better pay. Not to mention inhaling propane for 8 or more hours a day. Over time is mandatory, yet the don't provide mask or suits to protect against this gas. They are also horribly understaffed, making the employees work more then they have to.
I ran the satellite office in Fredericksburg. I'm a great multi-tasker.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: i was able to help people. i enjoyed being the one that people relied on.
Cons: it was hard turning customer's heat/hot water off, even though it was my job.
I was a Customer Service Rep, as well as handling the Collections Dept. It was the toughest job I've ever had. I had to determine whether a customer had to have their gas cut off or not. I had many people call me and yell at me. I always kept calm. I worked with them, with payment plans, etc. I also convinced people to switch to our company. I sold our products. I handled a cash drawer. I dispatchd calls to the delivery dept and the service dept. I was accused of being "too nice" by management. I worked many overtime hours during the winter months. I also volunteered for classes to learn more about the company and how other departments worked, as well as worked at the fairs to get more customers.
Awesome place to work. Would go back in a heartbeat
Receptionist (Former Employee), Oxford, MSSeptember 18, 2014
A typical day is 8am-5pm. I loved the very laid back atmosphere and how everyone pulled together to get the job done. I learned a lot from there and if my contract hadn't run out (i was a temp) I would still be there. For the first time in my life I had found a place where I could see myself in 30 years. Great company, great people.
Employee focused Management
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Westlake, OhioSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: employee focused management
Cons: call center closing.
Answered in bound calls and supported customer needs. Place fuel orders for propane users. Handled billing questions and troubleshot usage and billing errors.
Accolades: Amerigas Hero. Recognition for going above and beyond when setting customer up on appropriate fuel plan for his seasonal needs.
SAP Trained. Microsoft Excel. Ameri-guide navigation. Microsoft Outlook.
Enjoyable Job with Rough Management
Propane Delivery Driver (Former Employee), West Windsor, NJAugust 19, 2014
Pros: decent money
Cons: too much on call
The job itself was enjoyable and the working atmosphere among co-workers was great. However it is not a family friendly company. And Management would instantly fire someone for slight oversight on paperwork.
Nice people
Laborer (Current Employee), Ruffs Dale, PAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: fun employees
Cons: no management
There was nice employees just management didn't care about you.
repetitive
Propane Bottle Referbisher (Former Employee), Noble, ILJuly 27, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: repetitive motion same position all day instead of rotation
repetitive motion same position all day instead of rotation
Big without a plan
District Manager (Former Employee), TexasJuly 6, 2014
Pros: bonus program
Cons: out of touch management
Safety is a focus;everything else is lip service. Management is out of touch with the day to day. Staffing model is inadequate to meet the demands of the business - do more with less!

1 2 3 4 5

About AMERIGAS

America has a gas with AmeriGas Partners. Purveying propane has propelled the company to its position as the top US retail propane – Read more

AMERIGAS Salaries