AmeriGas Employee Reviews

Overworked
Delivery Representative (Former Employee) –  Eaton Rapids, MI 48827February 17, 2017
No in depth training and generally short handed on employees. From my experience the training i did have was short and had to call other employees on issues i would have.
Incredible workload
Delivery Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 14, 2017
The Roanoke office had an incredible workload. Dispatchers were very nice. Customers were mostly friendly. Overall a good place to work, however, their safety guidelines are very strict and don't take into account that new drivers may need some additional training. Leniency for minor incidents is non-existant.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
They rush you without saying the words hurry up.
fun place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Wylie, TXFebruary 13, 2017
I enjoyed working at this company, it was very high paced and always busy, i enjoyed exchanging the propane cylinders at the stores and businesses, and i enjoyed my co workers.
Pros
made good money
Cons
on call sometimes
Stable, National Propane Supplier
District Manager-Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Colchester, CTFebruary 10, 2017
A company filled with many dedicated and hard-working individuals in the field. "Local" feel to the operation, but with support from a corporate group.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Stable company
Cons
Some customers didn't care for the 'corporate' feel to their local propane supplier
To many changes company unstable
Customer Service Agent (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Wasn't a match for me The company is going through many lawsuits and mergers and can't keep up with the demand. The company doesn't care about customers.
Bad place
District Manager (Former Employee) –  NevadaFebruary 6, 2017
Do not work here.
This place is massively unethical, in all aspects.
They break the law constantly, and expect workers to do the same.
I left because I just could not, in my right mind, break the law for a little extra profit. Sorry, not going to happen.
Pros
Company truck
Cons
Everything else. Especially the pay, they will lie to you about it.
Great People
Account Manager/Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  IowaFebruary 1, 2017
I love the people at Amerigas. I've learned to be organized and use the right people to put me in the best position. Freedom to make the right calls.
Customer Service
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boynton beach FlJanuary 30, 2017
My typical day when I worked here was customer service to busy phone lines, scheduling all the new installs for propane, handling all the billing.
Pros
I was only one in the office
Cons
They went through employees like crazy so i worked alone
Fast paced
CUSTOMER RELATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  26 E Union St Richlandtown PA 18955January 22, 2017
The best part of AmeriGas is the commitment to work life balance. There is not much opportunity for advancement within your hiring district. They do encourage local community involvement which is very fulfilling
Average
Logistics and Supply Chain Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 21, 2017
A typical day at work is very productive. I am considered universal that is a result of cross training in other departments. I enjoy gaining the additional knowledge especially since that's what sets me aside from my peers.Management is a hit or miss, It's the upper management that actually cares about your future and not just the company's future. Amerigas's culture is very defined with Safety.The hardest part about the job is striving for accuracy every step of the day. The most enjoyable part of the day is checking tasks off your list.
Pros
monthly safety meetings, occasionally provides lunch, Great benefits
Cons
Too many chiefs and not enough indians.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 21, 2017
I work in a great office, but corporate offices are out of touch with reality. The local offices have as good as management as they can with the restrictions corporate puts on them.
Fun job.
ACE Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Job is pretty demanding but you get trained to get it done correctly. you get what you put in. Overall good job. On site district manager is awesome. Corporate does not show up as much.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
N/A
Fun and exciting place to work
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 19, 2017
Amerigas Propane was a great place to work. The company sent me out of town for training at the Corporate office and I learned about the propane business.
My job was to help customers order propane for their propane tank at home. I also performed monthly inventory, did Bills of Lading, was responsible for Payroll for our location, ordered office supplies, cleaned the office, did in store cash sales, and helped train new employees.
Pros
good pay and hours
Cons
ended to soon with a layoff
AmeriGas
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Hadlock, WAJanuary 15, 2017
Good company to work for. Good benefits as well, job and personal life balance can be difficult at times. Good compensation.
Do not work at this place .you will be very sorry.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bealton virginiaJanuary 15, 2017
This is the worst place to work.they keep changing the hours that you work.you may be working from 5am to1.30am one day.then they switch up on you the next day.the company do not care about there employee at all.the mangerment sick. They don't supply gear for weather. You have to work in the cold.heat.rain.snow. just a bad company to work for. To all warning don't work for this company .you're be sorry
Pros
There are none...
Cons
Short break, no chance for advacenment
Do not work here!!!
Tank Refurbisher (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJanuary 13, 2017
I worked here for only 4 days before i realized that the supervisors create unsafe work practices! The last night i was there the main take to refill the smaller tanks overheated and almost blew up! He should of been monitering it. The supervisors are also extremely rude and expect you to be perfect at the job on day one and after an hour of training which is only a "safety" video. If you end up getting into an argument with a coworker there more than likely will be a fight after work on the other side of the levee. This place is horrible and i advise you to steer clear. You could potentially work over 175 days straight in the summer and layed off during the winter with no garuantee of having a position again in the summer. Applicant beware!
Pros
Cons
Management and more!
Propane Delivery
Propane-Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evergreen, CO 80437January 12, 2017
Propane delivery in a timely manner to both commercial and residential properties, Trained and managed employees to achieved significant improvements in their productivity, Detected and eliminate safety hazards during travel
stressful but not bad
Laborer (Former Employee) –  ruffsdale, paJanuary 6, 2017
I would send propane tanks through the washer, collected data on each tank, hung the tanks to prepare to be painted then stacked them to be loaded. The hardest part was inhaling the fumes.
Pros
it was a workout
Cons
fumes
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here if you value your family and health
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 6, 2017
This company is the worst company I've ever worked for. Up front I was promised oncall pay even if I didn't get called out, I was promised that if the roads to a residential home were bad that i might get the truck stuck that I wouldn't have to deliver to that stop, I was promised that I'd be home at a decent hr- 9:00pm to 10:00 pm everyday wasn't a decent hr- I started work at 8:00am. The boss's yelling was stressful and never ending. Employees were told to drive faster even if the conditions of the roads were hazardous. These are just a small portion of broken promises that were never fulfilled. They say they care about safety but in the end it's all about the big bucks and how many deliveries the driver can get in by the days end. The responsibility lies on you the driver to sell sell sell that propane even if it cost you your life.

I was so stress from this job after only 3 months with the company that it made me physically sick and I had to quit. I'd rather be unemployed and alive then dead from sliding on an icy road and off a cliff because they need to sell more propane.
Pros
Quiet time in the truck, pay, bennifits
Cons
Everything else
Gets you in the industry
Former service tech (Former Employee) –  Swanzey, NHJanuary 3, 2017
Pros are they'll train you from scratch, only because nobody will stay there, current service manager is a joke.9 ppl left in under a year, all due to him, let that sink in.
Pros
Training
Cons
Management is a joke

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmeriGas. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7