Amerigroup Corporation Employee Reviews

Very unorganized place with poor leadship support
Customer Care Manger I (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 20, 2018
This is the pharmacy prior authorization department. I have been here since 2014 and this place has declined yearly the biggest decline came in 2016 when two male managers left. They were replaced with two of the nastiest incompetent women ever that ran the office based on favoritism and who do their dirty work for them. Those that new their job and didn't indulge in office politics were constantly harassed to the point were some resigned. Overall this place is worth working at because I feel it will be closing down soon.
Pros
Cons
very poor managment and support
Nice Coworkers
Credentialing Specialist - Operations Department (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 20, 2018
Temp position through a recruiter. They hired a certified credentialing specialist, but this job could be done without certification. The company serviced Medicaid population.
A GREAT learning experience
RN Diabetic Case Manager/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDFebruary 19, 2018
Amerigroup offered me the ability to learn patience and flexibility after all it was a new company.I felt my professional knowledge was valued in most instances.

Many of the managers were new to managemnt or new to the insurnce industry, therefore we were all learning together.The work culture was fastpace and functions changed daily.

The most difficult aspect of the job was that the company was new and the daily workaborunds were exausting at times. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was assisting the patients and having positive outcomes of the workarounds.
Pros
I gained a lot of knowledge about the insurance industry
Cons
New company and high turnover
Friendly and productive work environment with a welcoming atmosphere.
Contractor Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 13, 2018
One month contract where I created a membership extract which included member demographics, product, group, etc. in Facets. The extract was based on business requirements and an extract originally created for AMISYS. Additionally, the extract required an extensive mapping from AMISYS datasets and data elements to the comparable Facets databases, tables, and fields.
Medicaid
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Amerigroup is a great company to work for they will take you to your limit and get the most out of you. Well established network of PCP's and specialist. We reach out and work with the physicians in network to provide medical coverage to patients.
Health Program Representative (Current Employee) –  609 H Street NE Washington, DC 20002February 10, 2018
I enjoy the job because I working within the community. My supervisor is very understanding and is open to ideas from her staff to improve our outreaching department.
Independently work
Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2018
Very independent position which allows u to come uo with your own work habits with very collaboratively departments within institution. Great place to work if u love independently working.
Pros
Parties bonus checks
Cons
Paid time off
Day at Anthem
Case Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Helping assistance a member with benefits, finding new providers for members,assisting with home health , adult daycare services, and completing authorization for members
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Not able to assist
Very Productive Work Place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 2, 2018
Worked at the site in Iselin NJ had a nice team very helpful to assisting you only problem my assignment ended wish it hadn't oh and the nicest boss she and the other employees made you feel welcomed.
Stressful
Office Assist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 2, 2018
Good benefits.. decent pay but very stressful in keeping your numbers up on very detailed intense work. Not one thing can be wrong or it counts against you. Managers are not cut out to be managers. Most have immature or just mean ways. Its pretty bad.
Pros
Good benefits and decent pay
Cons
No sick days just earned time that must be approved to be off...stressful positions...bad management
I don't think they're in buisiness anymore.
Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 1, 2018
The management staff was uncaring when it came to associates' personal / home issues. The who purpose of Medicaid Managed care is to find ways to deny people medical assistance. This became a real downer after a while.
A place you can climb the career ladder!
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 29, 2018
I really enjoyed working at the time I worked at Amerigroup. Although I was only on a temporary assignment through a third party employment agency I learned a lot and meet several people in which I still communicate with now.
Pros
Always room to advance
Cons
n/a
Have company parties depending on the time of year.
Outreach Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2018
Worked in a very stressful environment in the retention center where it was required to make at least 200 calls a day and receive calls in order to apply for health insurance or to listen to a customer who feels that they are not receiving the proper help.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
Hours were rotating and very stressful.
Loved my manager
Licensed Utilization Review Lead (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 23, 2018
Typical day at work was reviewing cases from the front line nurse. My manager was awesome and very fair. Work place environment was great I loved the people I worked with. The hardest part of the job was receiving clinical data from other nurses that had to be re-reviewed. The most enjoyable part was my co-workers and my manager.
Pros
great people
Cons
I had to pay for healthcare and worked for health insurance
I loved it
Provider Information Specialist III Team Lead (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 18, 2018
Moved up really quickly learned alot moved up fast had been there 9 years really loved training and making sure employess had the tools the need to succed
Pros
Great company
The environment was so how stressful
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2018
Typical day at work for me was very challenge due to part of my job responsibility was to collected documentation need for application process. And insured that all services need it by the customer was cover by my company.
Culture of diversity and making the needs of members and providers a priority.
Mgr. II, Medicaid Field Operations (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2018
Culture of diversity and making the needs of members and providers a priority. Promotion of work-life balance and wellness. Transformation has resulted in increased workloads with reduction in resources.
fun place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  BlueAshJanuary 13, 2018
State mandated for Medicaid. Carried a case load of members, assisting them understand the health system and educating them on navigation of the health system. Ohio lost the contract with Ohio so there is no Ohio office. Amerigroup bought by Anthem.
Pros
Helping the member
Cons
nothing
Nice Place To Work
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 10, 2018
Not really sure how to review this company - has been a while. The training was great but VERY fast paced. Really didn't feel prepared afterward. The pace of the actual processing was too much for me. I decided to leave to gain more medical education.
Pros
Great coworkers, training
Cons
Too fast-paced, at least for me
very fun environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 9, 2018
work day with Amerigroup was very stress free easy no micro managing.Great place to work, I enjoyed it just wished that there was more advancement opportunities.
Pros
had a gym onsite, lots of perks
Cons
not enough pay hard to advance