Amerigroup Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

FAst paced environment
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work would be assisting customers with benefit plan,providers and specialist

I have learned to be patience and knowledgeable of products and services

Management interact with coworkers with coaching and helping to improve in the quality of our position to advance with the company

Co-workers work well together and supportive

The hardest part of the job is not being able to satisfy the members needs

The most enjoyable part of the job would be finding resolution for the members
Pros
Health benefits, flexible work schedules
Cons
dissatisfied members
Great place to work for. Flexible Schedules
Rework Department/adjustments (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2016
A typical work day I received different types of correspondence.
the correspondence ranges from Medical bill, request to verify member Primary Insurance information and explanation of benefits.
Upon review of information, I determine if I can adjust the claim if payment was made to incorrect provider, receiving information from Medical nurse review of medical records in or der for to pay claim or procedure that was originally denied.
Pros
Items reviewed are not repetivie
Cons
It can be a little time consuming, by reiview of all information.
Productive and friendly enviornment
Provider Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 13, 2016
Every day I would go in and check my emails and respond to any that needed to be respond to. Based on whatever project I was working on, I would go ahead and start working on it. Anytime my co-workers needed help getting certain things done I would always offer to help. The management there was great, everyone was very kind! My co-workers were always willing to help me out learn new things there. The hardest thing for me was getting use to utilizing excel but I was getting there. I enjoyed being in an environment where everyone was caring and willing to help you.
Excellent work environment
Customer Service Technician I/BH Dept (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23466April 3, 2016
Busy, in a good way. A call center environment. I learned that nothing stays the same. Management is cohesive.Co-workers are dependable. The hardest part of the job is computer issues, not working, Having input data in manually. I loved talking to consumers and providers. They became like family. Overall, I enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Good health care benefits, advancement, employee recognition
Cons
Breaks, abstances monitored on a point system, Vacation pay and sick time not separated
Great incentives
Preauthorization Asst (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 20, 2016
I worked at the call center, the work itself was not bad. I gained experience working at a call center on a multiline phone system. The immediate supervisors was the most difficult part of the job. The woman that became my supervisor I liked her a lot prior to her being my supervisor. I could go to her for help numerous times and she was always pleasant and helpful. Once she became supervisor she became very cold and unapproachable, the immediate supervisors were the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great incentives. They were always having drawings, that we didn't have to pay for, with great prizes, just to show appreciation for the employees' work. The benefits were great and the pay was good.
Pros
Healthy lunch choices in the onsite cafe.
Cons
Immediate supervisors
Good working place
Marketing Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 4, 2016
A typical day was working with veterans and hearing there stories

I learned what a lot of Veterans went though.

Very good Management support team.

The hardest part of the job not being able to help someone in need

Most enjoyable part of the job was helping our Vets.
Pros
Having the support of other agancies
Cons
Not being able to get the help someone need from the community
Productive Fun work place
SQL BI developer (SSAS/SSIS/T-SQL) (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 31, 2016
Fast phase work atmosphere Mangers are the best. they identify the responsibility
Able to perform all tasks related to the day-to-day operations including managing users, creating and maintaining custom objects and fields, handling data migration, maintenance and installation and support of AppExchange applications
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Long Hours
Good mission, they are still in the beginning stages of developing protocals, processes and procedures. Communitcation needs to improve.
LTSS Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 18, 2016
Excellent team of co-workers. Expectations are constantly changing. Really enjoyed working with the members. Typical day includes completing face to face assessments with members; completing required forms and documents for KanCare; completing authorizations for services; sending authorizations and documents to providers, uploading information to AGP system.
Pros
Good team to work with.
Cons
High caseloads, timeline turnaround is a short window with large amounts of documentation, implementation time frames short.
Flexible schedules and a great working environment
Medical Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 14, 2016
Great company to work for! The flexible schedule was perfect for me given my personal responsibilities and the traffic in Tampa. The facilities were well maintained and the working environment was excellent. I got along well with my coworkers and learned a lot about the Medicaid business.
Exciting place to work.
Social Worker/Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2016
I currently work from home. A typical day for me consist of coordinating discharges, conference calls, advocating for members, home visits etc.

Over the years I have learned to take advantage of every opportunity and not to take anything personal.

My most re-warding part of my job is sharing the excitement of a member re-locating home.

The hardest part of my job is not always having the tools to complete the work assigned.

Example: ITT issues.
Pros
Telework
Cons
When ITT issues occur
Acquired a wealth of Human Resource Experience
Talent Acquisition Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 4, 2016
Position has offered superior work life balance. The most enjoyable part of the job has been having the opportunity to assist new hires through the onboarding process and provide a positive day one experience for employees entering the company.
Great leading healthcare organization
Quality Management Assistant (CMO) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2016
Enjoyed working at Amerigroup prior to their mergers. Great team and culture.Very sensitive to the needs and comfort of their employees and had great leadership overall.
Pros
Great colleagues and work environment
Cons
Was not a lot of room for advancement
Pretty good place to work, great people
Investigator I (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 1, 2016
I worked there for 15 years. It was a pretty good place to work with a lot of really great people. It was a better place to work when it was a smaller company because it had a lot of growing pains back in the day. I had several positions during my tenure there and was pretty happy working there.
Wonderful enviornment with open management
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2016
it is an awesome place to work with great co workers. Communication is open and suggested with management. The hardest part about the job is sometimes giving not so good news to our members.
Pros
great environment
Cons
location
Great Place to work
CREDENTILING MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 31, 2016
Growth and learning on a daily basis, enjoy everyone and supervisors I work for and with. Lots of room for personal and professional growth. I would recommend Amerigroup to be a wonderful fulfilling place of employment.
Productive and fast paced
Currier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 10, 2016
Nice company to work for. Friendly staff. I learned how to set schedules/ appointments, obtain signatures from doctors, input information to computer system, and how to maintain an very orderly workspace.
Stressful and Favoritism
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoyed working from home. But out of sight out of mind. They believe that remote employees can do twice as many visits and jobs as a traditional office person.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
large case loads and High amounts of paperwork
fun pace to work
Precertfication (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 6, 2015
My supervisor is excellent she is patient and helpful. It was a fun place to work for. The staff there is awesome and the co-worker are pleasant. Everyone gets along and the co-worker helps one another it is a good place to work for. It can be a little stressful at times but all in all it a good job.
Love the place
Benefit Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 13, 2015
A typical day her was just getting our benefits for patients and insurance verified for a specific drug which was recently FDA approved. I learned so much about Health Insurance from companies to the types of insurances there are.
Pros
So much to learn
Always a wonderful experience!
HEDIS Abstractor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 19, 2016
This is a great company to work for. I've only every had great experiences. If you have an opportunity to work for this company, you should highly consider it.