Amerigroup Corporation

Amerigroup Corporation Employer Reviews

Good place to work.
None (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: good place to work
Cons: no cons
Good place to work. I enjoyed my time working there. •a typical day at work
•Good management
Good co-workers
•Challenging work
•Fun environment, great co-workers
fun, very productive
Claims Analyst II (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free gift giveaways, overtime pay
Cons: n/a
medical claims processing out patient procedures for patients of Tennessee
Commuter
Pre Authorization Assistant (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 15, 2014
This was a nice place to work the commute was to far out of my reach daily with the HRBT
Great place to work and learn new things
SQL Server SSIS/SSRS/SSAS Developer (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 13, 2014
Associates are friendly and great work life balance.
The company pays well and has great benefits
Room for growth
CLAIMS ANALYST (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: ability to move up
Cons: pay
While analyzing claims may not be the most exciting job in the world, this was a company that I was able to advance with quickly. I came in as an Assistant and quickly transitioned to an analyst. The work was easy to me but required a detailed eye. You have to be quick but work with quality since your review is based on your accuracy. I was typically – more... in the 99% which meant that I worked higher level claims. Would love it if this company offered remote positions but understand why they do not. – less
a typical day at work what you learned management your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Iselin, NJSeptember 2, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
n/a
Outreach Care Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 14, 2014
• Worked in conjunction with service coordinators and clinical nurses to help coordinate long term care services
• Facilitating and arranging a variety of treatment and community resources.
• Educated members and providers regarding benefits and services offered under Medicaid and Medicare services via inbound and outbound calls.
• Processed claims – more... and authorizations for personal attendant services, respite care, skilled nursing, assisted living, adult day care, durable medical equipment, and non-emergent ambulance transportation.
• Possess knowledge of the ICD-9 and HCPCS coding systems.
• Reviewed healthcare benefit systems like Maximus and TMHP, as well as identified member’s cases in conjunction with case managers to determine if the member would benefit from alternative care such as rehabilitation services or hospice.
• Possess knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare guidelines, products, services and regulations, HIPPA, care-coordination and case/medical management concepts.
• Process and resolve claims while identifying potential liability issues for services provided. Completed other duties as requested or assigned. – less
Amerigroup was a good company, however during the enrollment season they overworked their personnel.
Enrollment Analyst II (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 7, 2014
A day a Amerigroup started out with processing Medicare enrollment applications for supplemental coverage while maintaining compliance with Federal and State regulations. An average day of applications would range from 25 to 50 which would be divided between 5 enrollment analysts. Once applications were completed each individuals would then answer email – more... and maintenance request from company personnel as well as members.

During the open enrollment season the number of applications would include to over 50 per analyst. In many cases overtime would be necessary in order to complete the days work and an application received on Monday most be completed within 7 days, but usually within 24 hours. – less
Healthcare Company in Washington, DC
Sr Exec. Assistant/Office Mgr. (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 6, 2014
Amerigroup manages Medicaid, CHIP, Medicare, ABD and Long-Term Care programs covering approximately 2.8 million members in 12 states.
Performance and Pleasure goes hand in hand.
QA Engineer (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 4, 2014
It has been a pleasure working with Amerigroup. Highly professional work environment, work ethics and friendly team members made it a workplace where work and pleasure meet together without compromising efficiency and productivity.
Productive and fun work place
Health Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), AtlantaJuly 28, 2014
a typical day is to talk to members on the phone, I learned how to communicate with different people of all ethics. my co workers can be fun and challenging at the same time. the hardest part of the job is there is no coordination within the department. the most enjoyable part of the job is the events and town hall meetings.
Great stepping stone
DSU (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2014
Pros: call center
Cons: call center
Customers call in for more info on their benefits or to change PCP (primary care physician).
I learned more about health plans and how to to be more Patient with senior citizens.
Management could have been better most managers don't know the product.
Co-workers were great and caring
The hardest part of the job was Patience both for members and the lack – more... of information provided to the Rep
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people – less
cool
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 23, 2014
Pros: cool
Cons: cool
A place to get started! Not really a company that you can grow in. But the people are nice!
Community Based Medicaid/Medicare Managed Care Organization
Talent Acquisition Consultant Sr (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: community volunteer
Cons: unacheivable work load
If you have a passion for your community and assisting those that are receiving government benefits for healthcare, this is the perfect platform to achieve your community goals.
ROYAL CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free metro cards
Cons: honestly none, half hour lunch?
We were train for two weeks in the areas where we needed to learn how to apply a specific code to a procedure. We were require to fill a quota of two hundred completed claims per day, I was able to accomplish this 97% of the time, due to the work load, and system failures. ( there was always a problem with the Facets/Maces system applications). We worked – more... independently on our workloads that was already in our queue each morning. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the many different, ever changing codes. The enjoyable part of the job was just having a good job, working with good people and just accomplishing the work load for that day. – less
I made the RIGHT choice!!! Customer Care Rep 1
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2014
Pros: helping people!
Cons: the first week of the month seems the busiest!
I am new to Tampa and new to working at Amerigroup (WellPoint). Its like a family. Oh course, any job can become boring after you keep doing it over and over. However, its the joy in helping someone or telling them that can get help. I love it. We have the best support system there and they are always doing something for to encourage us! I love it and – more... I really think you would too! – less
Culture changed
Director of Document Services (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAJune 23, 2014
The culture here changed when wellpoint acquired Amerigroup. Management was downsized and corporate was now in indianpolis
Reivew
Manager - Behavioral Health Utilization Management (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 17, 2014
This is just an overall great company to work for. There are really no negatives that affect the environment. Associates are happy to work for the company.
A great learning experience and supportive atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 16, 2014
It was a great job to work for. Im grateful for being given the opportunity to work for them with no prior experience. This job helped me realize how adaptable I am and my ability to learn and pick up on things so easily. Amerigroup has opened a lot of doors for me. Thank you!
A typical work day
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2014
Pros: not micro managed.
Cons: no benefits and i'm only contracted with the company.
A typical work day includes a lot of traveling to various destinations within Southwest GA region. I go to different organizations between an hour or two hours max. I provide individuals with information about Amerigroup and give aways such as, clips, pens, hand bags and etc.
I've learned a lot about the company and the different types of service that – more... they can provide others with. I've also learned more about administration and time management.
The management is not bad. I work alone, so I don't have co-workers that I interact with constantly.
The hardest part of my job is traveling back and forth everyday.
The most enjoyable part is the networking that I've made and to be able to provide service to others. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Amerigroup Corporation

AMERIGROUP looks after the health of America's needy. The managed health care provider targets people eligible for Medicaid, the – Read more