Amerigroup Corporation

Amerigroup Corporation Employer Reviews

Great stepping stone
DSU (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2014
Pros: call center
Cons: call center
Customers call in for more info on their benefits or to change PCP (primary care physician).
I learned more about health plans and how to to be more Patient with senior citizens.
Management could have been better most managers don't know the product.
Co-workers were great and caring
The hardest part of the job was Patience both for members and the lack – more... of information provided to the Rep
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people – less
cool
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 23, 2014
Pros: cool
Cons: cool
A place to get started! Not really a company that you can grow in. But the people are nice!
Community Based Medicaid/Medicare Managed Care Organization
Talent Acquisition Consultant Sr (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: community volunteer
Cons: unacheivable work load
If you have a passion for your community and assisting those that are receiving government benefits for healthcare, this is the perfect platform to achieve your community goals.
ROYAL CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free metro cards
Cons: honestly none, half hour lunch?
We were train for two weeks in the areas where we needed to learn how to apply a specific code to a procedure. We were require to fill a quota of two hundred completed claims per day, I was able to accomplish this 97% of the time, due to the work load, and system failures. ( there was always a problem with the Facets/Maces system applications). We worked – more... independently on our workloads that was already in our queue each morning. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the many different, ever changing codes. The enjoyable part of the job was just having a good job, working with good people and just accomplishing the work load for that day. – less
I made the RIGHT choice!!! Customer Care Rep 1
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2014
Pros: helping people!
Cons: the first week of the month seems the busiest!
I am new to Tampa and new to working at Amerigroup (WellPoint). Its like a family. Oh course, any job can become boring after you keep doing it over and over. However, its the joy in helping someone or telling them that can get help. I love it. We have the best support system there and they are always doing something for to encourage us! I love it and – more... I really think you would too! – less
Culture changed
Director of Document Services (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAJune 23, 2014
The culture here changed when wellpoint acquired Amerigroup. Management was downsized and corporate was now in indianpolis
Reivew
Manager - Behavioral Health Utilization Management (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 17, 2014
This is just an overall great company to work for. There are really no negatives that affect the environment. Associates are happy to work for the company.
A great learning experience and supportive atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 16, 2014
It was a great job to work for. Im grateful for being given the opportunity to work for them with no prior experience. This job helped me realize how adaptable I am and my ability to learn and pick up on things so easily. Amerigroup has opened a lot of doors for me. Thank you!
A typical work day
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2014
Pros: not micro managed.
Cons: no benefits and i'm only contracted with the company.
A typical work day includes a lot of traveling to various destinations within Southwest GA region. I go to different organizations between an hour or two hours max. I provide individuals with information about Amerigroup and give aways such as, clips, pens, hand bags and etc.
I've learned a lot about the company and the different types of service that – more... they can provide others with. I've also learned more about administration and time management.
The management is not bad. I work alone, so I don't have co-workers that I interact with constantly.
The hardest part of my job is traveling back and forth everyday.
The most enjoyable part is the networking that I've made and to be able to provide service to others. – less
wonderful company to work for
LTSS-Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Plantation, FLMay 25, 2014
Pros: educational, flexible
I love working with this company, potential growth. Flexible hours.
Great Company to Work for with growth
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 14, 2014
great company and easy to advance........................................................
Amazing working place with amazing people
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 1, 2014
Worked very hard but very calm going and very nice co-workers
Great Atmosphere with Caring people
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 26, 2014
I enjoy working for Amerigroup/Wellpoint. My manager is very flexible and accomodating. Overall, I have been very satisfied in my profession with Amerigroup.
Fun place to work in
File Clerk (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 19, 2014
I love the atmosphere and the HR was very helpful. Job training was easy to grasp it was a very formal environment.
Warm family oriented environment
Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 8, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: some guidelines weren't realistic
I enjoyed working in the claims department. It was a team based environment and we worked together to solve issues.
Productive and busy
Member Provider Services Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 4, 2014
Hardest part of my day would getting the customer to understand there healthcare coverage and its benefits
the most enjoyable part of the job
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2014
the team i was no was a good team, the team lead and supervisors were always willing to assist with anything.
case manager for Amerigroup insurance company for our Medicaid patients.
RN, Case Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 22, 2014
Pros: get to work at home
Cons: did not get to physically see by patients, just talked to them on the phone
worked at home. Had company computer set up and did case manager for our Medicaid patients that were our customers on our insurance.
Fast-Paced Environment
Project Manager (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: co-workers
As a Project Manager, I worked long hours and there was always work to be done. It was very rewarding to be instrumental in implementing their PMO office.
Excellent place of employment
Marketing Sales Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 8, 2014
Pros: top fortune company
Cons: obtaining quality leads daily
I am currently educating the lower income population understand how insurance works, educate population on medicare and Medicaid.
Obtaining marketing events daily is an every day routine.
Finding quality lead sources is a challenging task with the amount of licensed agents across tampa bay doing exactly the same thing its become quite difficult to find – more... locations where I am not faced with 3 other insurance company sales agents discussing their monthly calendar of events so we do not overlap.
locations for events are not easy to obtain.
The most enjoyable part of the sales jobs is helping the people
obtain insurance and meet their needs. – less

About Amerigroup Corporation

AMERIGROUP looks after the health of America's needy. The managed health care provider targets people eligible for┬áMedicaid, the – Read more