Amerigroup Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work depending on the management
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 24, 2016
Isn't it always the case that a manager can make or break a department, the job culture, the company.
In my case it began wonderful, great manager, great attitude, loved coming to work. With Amerigroup/Wellpoint/Anthem (went through the name changes all in one year), changes did happen, people moving around, up, down, sideways. Changes are good right? It means opportunities, growth. Yet, how about young managers, inexperienced managers moving up to positions. They may be a know the company well, but do not know how to manage and don't talk about training, There isn't any real training for associates, never mind the managers. They try to do it through one on ones, which end up being more about smoke breaks, gossip, etc.
Next another reorg. When is this going to stop? Another shift in management. It's the luck of the draw. I've seen people reassigned to a new position, new work, without even asking you. You are just an asset to move around.
So you must be someone who can bend, yet stand strong, but most of all know when it's time to jump ship if you are unluckily reorg'd into one of the few, but large, departments ruled by unscrupulous management.
Pros
Gym on site, tennis court, basket ball. Very nice campus.
Cons
Some great managers and directors, some just unscrupulous.
Being the best I can be for my patients on a daily bases.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 11, 2015
The best part of my job is making sure my clients are taken care of.
The hardest part of my job is leaving them at night. I have learned to so much more about people of an older age and to appreciate life more. My co-workers are amazing and I learn so much from them and apply more in my days to take care of my patients better. Management is the best Ive ever had. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing my patients smile.
Pros
Love what i do
Cons
Wish I could do more
Very Productive....one of my favorite jobs
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  VAJune 10, 2015
A typical day a work entailed...

Daily received inbound calls from members and providers
Analyzed provider inquiries to determine authorization and or claims status
Daily made outbound calls welcoming new members, while conducting health survey to determine if member needed case management
Informed members and providers of eligibility status
Directed members to appropriate source depending on state guidelines while adhering to all HIPPA laws
Managed credentialing and enrollment operations
Process over 80 calls daily and oversaw 700 new enrollments monthly
Pros
I had the best co-workers there
Cons
When the company was in a bind, we all felt it...
Good place to work but needs improvement
Customer Care Representative III (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 25, 2015
The company has a lot of potential and room for growth but the benefits and compensation are terrible. There are also a lot of issues with management, i.e. favoritism, that need to be addressed.
Amerigroup is a fun and exciting workplace.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2015
The people are wonderful to be around on a daily basis. The atmosphere is extremely comfortable and people like to help each other.
Pros
1 hour luunches, onsite cafe
Cons
Parking
Friendly culture
Data Management Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 14, 2015
I enjoyed working there. The people are very friendly and the managers were approachable. Pleasant working environment. Co-workers wanted me to stay but I was unable to get hired on a permanent basis.
Wonderful work enviroment
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2015
Amerigroup is a great place to work & a place to grow. It is a great started job after a long time without employment. Once you get in you are in & if by chance you are let go it by your own faults. The management will do everything they can to keep you there. Also if you are doing well you will be recognized for doing well.
Pros
Enviroment
Cons
Very rigid schedule
Results driven MCO
RN Case Manager, Clinical Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2015
Typical day includes managing members telephonically.
Conducting Medical necessity criteria reviews to approve healthcare services for members.
Coordinating care with Healthcare providers in all arenas.
Employees are generally happy to be in the environments where we work.
Work life balance are a plus in the company.

Amerigroup was a family environment.
Driven by the needs of the Member.
Pros
Work at home positions
Cons
Heavily muliti layered organization
n.a
Customer Care Rep II (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 28, 2015
Great Company to work for. Management is not that great, since 2014. Pay is decent. Would love to stay an employee if Management were doing their job correctly and following all policies in place.
Excellent Company
CREDENTIALING SPECIALIST II (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJAugust 19, 2015
Excellent Company been here for many years. Looking for advancement in career with more flexibility in work location (i.e. Telecommute, Work from home plus flexible office hours)
Basic Call Center/Customer Service position
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2015
Friendly, upbeat environment to work in. Numbers important to management but they do provide opportunity for growth rapidly.
Pros
Occasionally would provide lunch and have special events for morale
Good Company
IT Business Analyst, Memphis Manage Care (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 26, 2015
Previous company was acquired by Amerigroup, closed office in the city that I worked. Good benefits, good work life balance. Overall great company to work for.
Amerigroup
Statewide Manage Care Manager 1 (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2015
Great Place to work and learn the all about the manage care programs. I have been working for Amerigroup for about 7.5 yrs and have enjoyed it. My co-workers are great. The most enjoyable of this job is it is family oriented and they care for their members.
Work enviorment is stressful
Member/Provider Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 28, 2015
Typical day at work is stressful. I learned how to stay on task and manage my time. Management is not trust worthy. The hardes part of the job is getting along with management. The most enjoyable part of the job was my teamates.
Pros
Cafeteria on site
Cons
Short breaks and Healthcare, Managment
Change is good
Verification OHI Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 21, 2015
I enjoyed the work I performed at Amerigroup while they was going through their year of transition over to Wellpoint (now Anthem). They had finalized the merger and were now bringing the two companies together.
Great New Experience
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 2, 2015
I have never worked in medical insurance before but this was a new experience. I have gained customer service skills in a call center atmosphere. I have learned new tips within the business and the tricks of insurance.
Recovery Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 23, 2015
Amerigroup is a good company. I work from home, so I am not in the office on a daily basis. Good place to work, but hard to move forward or advance within the department.
Pros
Job sercurity
Cons
Managment
A company focused on supporting the most needy
Sr. Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDApril 2, 2015
AMERIGROUPs mission is empowering. While the company has a business imperative it is not the focus in the office. The focus centers around supporting our customers on Medicare and Medicaid. The passion of the providers is amazing and the common goal is infectious. I would highly recommend to anyone that wants to help people that this is a company that can provide you a path to accomplish that goal and to earn a living while doing it.
Pros
Work-life balance
Amerigroup Community Care was an awesome place to work.
Case Specialist - Utilization Management (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, New MexicoMay 13, 2015
Amerigroup Community Care is an excellent employer. They provided opportunity for growth through Amerigroup University. Management was great. Opportunity to serve the community through sponsored activities was provided. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. Meetings were informative and fun. We started our typical days at the coffee machine 15 minutes prior to sign in. Signed into system and began working at eight o'clock. The day consisted of team effort to resolve issues for members and providers. The hardest part of the job was knowing that a lot of people suffer with serious heath issues and your heart goes out to them. When you make them happy with the end results of your efforts to help them and you get a phone call thanking you, that's the most rewarding part of the job.
Pros
Potlucks, Continental Breakfast, Balloon Rides, Picnics
Cons
Not applicable
Company was a good company to work for. Independant production
Cedentialing Coodinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 9, 2015
Production was the force behind this Company
Alot of Contracts
Great Team, worked close to home. Great overtime.
Independantly worked on assignments
Pros
Salary
Cons
half hour lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amerigroup Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.