Amerigroup Corporation Employee Reviews

Great Job!
Executive Admin Assistant to AVP-Credentials (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 31, 2016
Great Company! It was a great experience. I worked along side of the AVP of Credentials. During this experience I was able to administer executive support to the floor of employees under her direct leadership.
Great incentives
Preauthorization Asst (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 20, 2016
I worked at the call center, the work itself was not bad. I gained experience working at a call center on a multiline phone system. The immediate supervisors was the most difficult part of the job. The woman that became my supervisor I liked her a lot prior to her being my supervisor. I could go to her for help numerous times and she was always pleasant and helpful. Once she became supervisor she became very cold and unapproachable, the immediate supervisors were the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great incentives. They were always having drawings, that we didn't have to pay for, with great prizes, just to show appreciation for the employees' work. The benefits were great and the pay was good.
Pros
Healthy lunch choices in the onsite cafe.
Cons
Immediate supervisors
FAst paced environment
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work would be assisting customers with benefit plan,providers and specialist

I have learned to be patience and knowledgeable of products and services

Management interact with coworkers with coaching and helping to improve in the quality of our position to advance with the company

Co-workers work well together and supportive

The hardest part of the job is not being able to satisfy the members needs

The most enjoyable part of the job would be finding resolution for the members
Pros
Health benefits, flexible work schedules
Cons
dissatisfied members
Productive and friendly enviornment
Provider Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 13, 2016
Every day I would go in and check my emails and respond to any that needed to be respond to. Based on whatever project I was working on, I would go ahead and start working on it. Anytime my co-workers needed help getting certain things done I would always offer to help. The management there was great, everyone was very kind! My co-workers were always willing to help me out learn new things there. The hardest thing for me was getting use to utilizing excel but I was getting there. I enjoyed being in an environment where everyone was caring and willing to help you.
Productive and fast paced
Currier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 10, 2016
Nice company to work for. Friendly staff. I learned how to set schedules/ appointments, obtain signatures from doctors, input information to computer system, and how to maintain an very orderly workspace.
Good working place
Marketing Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 4, 2016
A typical day was working with veterans and hearing there stories

I learned what a lot of Veterans went though.

Very good Management support team.

The hardest part of the job not being able to help someone in need

Most enjoyable part of the job was helping our Vets.
Pros
Having the support of other agancies
Cons
Not being able to get the help someone need from the community
Great place to work for. Flexible Schedules
Rework Department/adjustments (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2016
A typical work day I received different types of correspondence.
the correspondence ranges from Medical bill, request to verify member Primary Insurance information and explanation of benefits.
Upon review of information, I determine if I can adjust the claim if payment was made to incorrect provider, receiving information from Medical nurse review of medical records in or der for to pay claim or procedure that was originally denied.
Pros
Items reviewed are not repetivie
Cons
It can be a little time consuming, by reiview of all information.
Wonderful enviornment with open management
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2016
it is an awesome place to work with great co workers. Communication is open and suggested with management. The hardest part about the job is sometimes giving not so good news to our members.
Pros
great environment
Cons
location
Always a wonderful experience!
HEDIS Abstractor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 19, 2016
This is a great company to work for. I've only every had great experiences. If you have an opportunity to work for this company, you should highly consider it.
Flexible schedules and a great working environment
Medical Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 14, 2016
Great company to work for! The flexible schedule was perfect for me given my personal responsibilities and the traffic in Tampa. The facilities were well maintained and the working environment was excellent. I got along well with my coworkers and learned a lot about the Medicaid business.
Great leading healthcare organization
Quality Management Assistant (CMO) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2016
Enjoyed working at Amerigroup prior to their mergers. Great team and culture.Very sensitive to the needs and comfort of their employees and had great leadership overall.
Pros
Great colleagues and work environment
Cons
Was not a lot of room for advancement
Acquired a wealth of Human Resource Experience
Talent Acquisition Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 4, 2016
Position has offered superior work life balance. The most enjoyable part of the job has been having the opportunity to assist new hires through the onboarding process and provide a positive day one experience for employees entering the company.
Excellent work environment
Customer Service Technician I/BH Dept (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23466April 3, 2016
Busy, in a good way. A call center environment. I learned that nothing stays the same. Management is cohesive.Co-workers are dependable. The hardest part of the job is computer issues, not working, Having input data in manually. I loved talking to consumers and providers. They became like family. Overall, I enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Good health care benefits, advancement, employee recognition
Cons
Breaks, abstances monitored on a point system, Vacation pay and sick time not separated
Productive Fun work place
SQL BI developer (SSAS/SSIS/T-SQL) (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 31, 2016
Fast phase work atmosphere Mangers are the best. they identify the responsibility
Able to perform all tasks related to the day-to-day operations including managing users, creating and maintaining custom objects and fields, handling data migration, maintenance and installation and support of AppExchange applications
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Long Hours
Good place to work depending on the management
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 24, 2016
Isn't it always the case that a manager can make or break a department, the job culture, the company.
In my case it began wonderful, great manager, great attitude, loved coming to work. With Amerigroup/Wellpoint/Anthem (went through the name changes all in one year), changes did happen, people moving around, up, down, sideways. Changes are good right? It means opportunities, growth. Yet, how about young managers, inexperienced managers moving up to positions. They may be a know the company well, but do not know how to manage and don't talk about training, There isn't any real training for associates, never mind the managers. They try to do it through one on ones, which end up being more about smoke breaks, gossip, etc.
Next another reorg. When is this going to stop? Another shift in management. It's the luck of the draw. I've seen people reassigned to a new position, new work, without even asking you. You are just an asset to move around.
So you must be someone who can bend, yet stand strong, but most of all know when it's time to jump ship if you are unluckily reorg'd into one of the few, but large, departments ruled by unscrupulous management.
Pros
Gym on site, tennis court, basket ball. Very nice campus.
Cons
Some great managers and directors, some just unscrupulous.
Pretty good place to work, great people
Investigator I (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 1, 2016
I worked there for 15 years. It was a pretty good place to work with a lot of really great people. It was a better place to work when it was a smaller company because it had a lot of growing pains back in the day. I had several positions during my tenure there and was pretty happy working there.
Nice place to work
Performance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 24, 2016
I work as a performance engineer here. The environment is good and people are friendly. I enjoy being a team member here.
Good mission, they are still in the beginning stages of developing protocals, processes and procedures. Communitcation needs to improve.
LTSS Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 18, 2016
Excellent team of co-workers. Expectations are constantly changing. Really enjoyed working with the members. Typical day includes completing face to face assessments with members; completing required forms and documents for KanCare; completing authorizations for services; sending authorizations and documents to providers, uploading information to AGP system.
Pros
Good team to work with.
Cons
High caseloads, timeline turnaround is a short window with large amounts of documentation, implementation time frames short.
Working for Manage Care Organization
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Work at Amerigoup, was an amazing place, before being acquired by a larger company. The core values were present and everyone was happy with employment. However, management has changed and the core values do not shine as before. There is no room for advancement; managers keep leaving while encouraging associates to leave also. There is no way you are going to advance in the company. Several managers show blatant bias and favoritism; in addition, director of call center is rumored to employ several current employees signification others in her other businesses which lead to ethic complains being filed by other employees. Which is now causing agents to feel devalued with no want to change the negativity.
A typical workday includes taken back-to-back calls, on a strict adherence schedule. You will encounter all different types of cultures, and ethnic groups from all over the United States, keep in mind you will be communicating with the general Medicaid population, which includes, but not limited to elderly, young soon to be mothers, individuals living with mental and emotional challenges. Depending on which position you are in will determine what information you will provided.
What I have learned working here, is you have to be knowledgeable about a little of everything, and make the personal effort to be better at your position without recognition. You have to have the personal drive to come and do your job, learned not to stand out. There are negative connotations to people who want to improve and do better.
Management is a buddy, buddy system. If one manager does not care
  more... for you, all the managers will know. There are no leaders, among them; they actually sit around talking among themselves. The manager style has really changed, from being hands on and personal to unavailable and condescending.
Co-workings can be nice, and very supportive, and good-natured, everyone wants to be the best and encouraging, and we all face the same adversity. Everyone is always ready for a potluck and eating seems to bring the agents together.
The hardest part of my job is not being valued for the work we do, and not being appreciated. To expected to perform the task of my position with very little resources that actually work. The best part of my day is the end when I had completed my tasks and put fourth my best effort to complete my work.
Pros
Relocate to other states
Cons
Short Lunches, blacking out can not take time off, no sick time.
Executive leadership is very punitive
Manager of Utilization Management (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 13, 2016
I always wondered how some of the leaders got their positions, but it was more than likely WHO they knew, not WHAT they knew.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amerigroup Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Amerigroup Corporation Reviews by Location