Amerigroup Corporation

Amerigroup Corporation Employer Reviews

great company to work for
Customer service/Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: distance from my home
processing claims paying provider Dr. hospitals . learned how to be a claims analyst management was very supportive, co- was helpful went needed team players. knowing I did the job right.
Great advancement opportunities
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: opportunities and culture.
Cons: if you re unable to adjust to the unique culture it could become a con.
Solid company with opportunities to advance.

Hands on learning experiences.

Career pathing for performing employees.
FUN
SR Provider Info Specialist (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 20, 2014
I enjoy it great advancement opportunities
nice people
able to work at home
we were able to go to alot of fairs
Team Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 15, 2014
the fact that I was abl to give people health coverage was a big plus for me
review
Utilization Manager/Care Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2014
I work some days at the office and some days at home. Minimal room for advancement, things are slowly improving, some favoritism
Work at Amerigroup
Claims Processor (Current Employee), VAJanuary 6, 2014
I really enjoy my job while at Amerigroup, But the hardest part was the quality which I was terminated for due to lack of policies which we had to follow which had the employee to be set up for falling.. Overall it a good company.. The management staff were great most of them were, some of them were not.. I had some issue with one of them, because I said something that was unprofessional which I admitted to saying.. So I cannot come back and work for the company..I really miss my co-worker..
productive co.
Administrative Assistant/Coordinator Execusearch (Former Employee), new york, new yorkJanuary 4, 2014
As a temp at this company I was treated with respect as an office support, very good company to work for.
Productive, challenging, and fun resolving members beneifts and claim issues.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 18, 2013
Pros: having employment and being able to resolve member issues.
Cons: short breaks
A day at work consists of acknowledging member issue, ensuring issue will be resolved, research and resolve, offer additional assistance. This position teaches you patients and the importance of dealing with a persons health benefits, management was available if team leads were unable to assist, coworkers made it a great environment to be in at times and were very helpful. The hardest part of the job is loosing member to other healthcare agencies if our product could not benefit members health as needed and the enjoyable part is one call resolution and member satisfaction.
Summary of Qualifications:
AVP Health Care Management Services (Current Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 13, 2013
I have been in the Managed Care arena for sixteen years, a nurse for thirty years, and in leadership role, in the clinical and business realm for sixteen years. My objective is to have a position with an organization which will allow me to be in an Executive position within the Health Care industry and be responsible for the development and operational oversight in supporting associates and the institution to increase the profitability. This would allow me to integrate my extensive background in clinical nursing, sales/ marketing presentations, quality management, case/ disease management, and advocate the principles of managed care concepts with my excellent customer service, and analytical skills. I have been employed in the Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid area and look forward to our interview.
Lack of training
Ancillary Services Manager (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VADecember 3, 2013
Company expected that an associate can learn with no training, put people into positions with no experience. When mistakes were made no correction advice given just terminate.
Nice..!!
business analyst (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VADecember 2, 2013
Pros: nice ambience
Cons: na
Really cool experience. people are good and work environment is prettily great
happy energetic outgoing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 26, 2013
Pros: im positive and happy 98 percent of the time
Cons: cant make every one happy
to go in with a positive attitude and just no what happen on the previous day don't take it in on the current day. no that every client patient or situation is different.so you can't treat it the same. I've always been the first point of contact and if you handle the situation in a positive manner it might make that day go a little easier.I truly enjoy making people happy.
Good Company
FACETS CONFIGURATION ANALYST/UAT TESTER (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 21, 2013
Good Company
Good team
Learned so much

Work culture is good

Good communication
Excellent
Business OPs Analyst II, iCIMS Administrator (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VirginiaNovember 21, 2013
I have enjoyed my time here at Amerigroup. They are just able to deliver a good work/life balance and it really helps to minimize the daily stress.
On-Site Gym, Tennis Court, Basketball Court
Credentialing Specialist I (Current Employee), Norfolk, VANovember 19, 2013
Pros: on site cafeteria
Cons: alot of steps if your not taking the elevator
Excellent atmosphere, Parking garage excellent for rainy weather, room for advancement, job security is excellent
Cool place to work
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee), virginia beach, virginaNovember 11, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Excellent co-workers , i enjoyed my work and very good work culture.
Benefits and advancement should be N/A as was a Seasonal Worker
HEDIS RN (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 9, 2013
Pros: name hours you wanted to work and 30 min lunch option.
Cons: required overtime to complete the job.
Was hired as a Seasonal Worker so benefits and advancement was not an issue.
Enjoyed working with the staff.
Case Specialst
Case Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2013
Pros: telecommuting
This a good company to work for overall. I am able to telecommute and see a potential for growth
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: great hours, good pay, positive enviornment
Cons: insurance packakges/coverages
Insurance packagaes could be better but I enjoy working for this company and highly reccommend seeking employment here
Company over all is good
ITS Service Desk Level 2 (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 25, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: it has it's bad points.
Can be challenging at times
Work 8:30 to 5:30
Learned to resolve pc, application, and network issues
Co-workers are great.

About Amerigroup Corporation

AMERIGROUP looks after the health of America's needy. The managed health care provider targets people eligible for Medicaid, the – Read more