Amerigroup Corporation Employee Reviews

Plenty of room to grow and advance, corporate stability questionable
Provider Network Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 11, 2016
After 6 promotions in 8 years, I can't say find a negative comment for this company. Coworkers were always helpful, most managers were approachable and the company holds a very high ethical and compliance standard. Fairness is implemented across the board. The synergy in the office makes it difficult to identify a difficult part of the job because everyone helped each other, which was the most enjoyable part of working for this company. My contributions and structure of processes and programs were adopted as standard practice and my effort was always acknowledged.
Pros
Great coworkers, ability to implement processes with creativity and problem resolution
Cons
Productive and fun place to work.
Nurse Medical Management II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2016
Changes with Managed Care but stable for 15 years. I enjoy working with different populations of people and being their advocate. Coworkers are easy to get along with and work cohesively as a team.
Pros
work from home
New programs
Long Term Services and Support (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 31, 2016
Overall a great team with decent benefit. The Anthem structure is a couple of years old and has created more of a corporate feel. The facility is nice. Dress is casual.
Pros
casual dress
all Around Great
Claims aNALYST (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 11, 2016
flexible, dependable, nice coworkers and management always room for growth and advancement. central location and room for advancement. they cater to their employers.
If You Wish to be in High School Again, Anthem is the place for you
OE (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 22, 2016
Decent job, but the employees make you not want to come to work. Mangers have their pets and get involved in the pettiness and drama on the floor. Potlucks were good, pay is great, but don't like the immaturity of the place
Pros
Potlucks, Compensation
Cons
computers, Management
daily
Provider Contract Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 18, 2016
Performed basic clerical tasks, along with operating basic office equipment. Sorted & distributed incoming and outgoing mail. Maintained a daily spreadsheet for stock/supplies. Input customer's information via data entry from a variety of sources into a computer database for company records. Along with filling in for the
office receptionist as needed, which included; answering phones, greeting & directing visitors, processing orders/taking payments, etc.
Work Environment
RN, Medical Management/Nurse (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 18, 2016
Commited to providing access to care for patients, and improve patient education to promote health and wellness. This company was on the cutting edge of computer technology.
Not a bad place
Medicare/Medicare Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2016
You can grow in the company if you know the right people. A lot of the people are friendly. You are production based depending on the department you work in. Its not too stressful but management could be better. Training needs improvement big time. You are left to learn a lot of things on your own with out any guidance.
Pros
work from home oppurtunities, quarterly bonuses, flex schedule
Cons
poor training, poor systems, not very good raises.
Good working experience
Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 6, 2016
Excellent work culture. Good working and learning experience with all the colleagues and coworkers. Coworkers and supervisors were supportive.
I like it
Registered Nurse/Field Service Coordinator (LTSS) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2016
I like this company as my full time job. It is a good company.
It is a day job with good team work and management. Most enjoyable is serving people

Want to know more about Amerigroup Corporation?

Ask a question
Helping my community
Outreach Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 8, 2016
I'm working for Amerigroup Government Business Division (Medicaid) Managed Care Organization. I've learned so much about managed care in my short time with Amerigroup, I've learned about how we can prevent disabled members in our community from being taken advantage of and how we can prevent provider fraud. These things in return make our community a better place to live and to raise children in. I love being a subject matter expert and assisting my colleagues and new hires anytime that I can. I also enjoy playing a part in the success of our health plan in Kansas. The hardest part of my job is that we have turnaround times for the state so it can make taking off extended periods of time for vacation difficult because I never want my department to be behind. I have to say that the most enjoyable part of my job is working with the managers and medical directors and absorbing their knowledge and skills in this industry.
Pros
Our community involvement with charity events
Cons
the distance I have to drive to work
Great Job!
Executive Admin Assistant to AVP-Credentials (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 31, 2016
Great Company! It was a great experience. I worked along side of the AVP of Credentials. During this experience I was able to administer executive support to the floor of employees under her direct leadership.
Great incentives
Preauthorization Asst (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 20, 2016
I worked at the call center, the work itself was not bad. I gained experience working at a call center on a multiline phone system. The immediate supervisors was the most difficult part of the job. The woman that became my supervisor I liked her a lot prior to her being my supervisor. I could go to her for help numerous times and she was always pleasant and helpful. Once she became supervisor she became very cold and unapproachable, the immediate supervisors were the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great incentives. They were always having drawings, that we didn't have to pay for, with great prizes, just to show appreciation for the employees' work. The benefits were great and the pay was good.
Pros
Healthy lunch choices in the onsite cafe.
Cons
Immediate supervisors
FAst paced environment
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work would be assisting customers with benefit plan,providers and specialist

I have learned to be patience and knowledgeable of products and services

Management interact with coworkers with coaching and helping to improve in the quality of our position to advance with the company

Co-workers work well together and supportive

The hardest part of the job is not being able to satisfy the members needs

The most enjoyable part of the job would be finding resolution for the members
Pros
Health benefits, flexible work schedules
Cons
dissatisfied members
Productive and friendly enviornment
Provider Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 13, 2016
Every day I would go in and check my emails and respond to any that needed to be respond to. Based on whatever project I was working on, I would go ahead and start working on it. Anytime my co-workers needed help getting certain things done I would always offer to help. The management there was great, everyone was very kind! My co-workers were always willing to help me out learn new things there. The hardest thing for me was getting use to utilizing excel but I was getting there. I enjoyed being in an environment where everyone was caring and willing to help you.
Productive and fast paced
Currier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 10, 2016
Nice company to work for. Friendly staff. I learned how to set schedules/ appointments, obtain signatures from doctors, input information to computer system, and how to maintain an very orderly workspace.
Good working place
Marketing Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 4, 2016
A typical day was working with veterans and hearing there stories

I learned what a lot of Veterans went though.

Very good Management support team.

The hardest part of the job not being able to help someone in need

Most enjoyable part of the job was helping our Vets.
Pros
Having the support of other agancies
Cons
Not being able to get the help someone need from the community
Great place to work for. Flexible Schedules
Rework Department/adjustments (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2016
A typical work day I received different types of correspondence.
the correspondence ranges from Medical bill, request to verify member Primary Insurance information and explanation of benefits.
Upon review of information, I determine if I can adjust the claim if payment was made to incorrect provider, receiving information from Medical nurse review of medical records in or der for to pay claim or procedure that was originally denied.
Pros
Items reviewed are not repetivie
Cons
It can be a little time consuming, by reiview of all information.
Wonderful enviornment with open management
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2016
it is an awesome place to work with great co workers. Communication is open and suggested with management. The hardest part about the job is sometimes giving not so good news to our members.
Pros
great environment
Cons
location
Always a wonderful experience!
HEDIS Abstractor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 19, 2016
This is a great company to work for. I've only every had great experiences. If you have an opportunity to work for this company, you should highly consider it.