Amerigroup Corporation

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Thoroughly enjoyed working at Amerigroup
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: had to quit to take care of my mother
The only reason I quit my job with Amerigroup was to care for my mother full time.
Fun but stressful work enviroment
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: ability to assist people
Cons: short breaks
Answer incoming calls from members and provider regarding benefits and services.
Staff very helpful
Customer Care Representative III (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 10, 2014
Acquisition from Healthplus to Amerigroup. Amerigroup staff is very well trained at their daily duties.
Amerigroup strive to keep the staff morale up.
Nurse Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: short breaks
Cons: if you go to the rest room when you on the phone it goes against you.
Amerigroup often doing various things to encourage their employees. They will give gifts, awards,parties, ect... It makes you feels like they care about you as an employee.
working for summer program
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Nashville TNFebruary 5, 2014
Teaching pre-school for the summer as a summer job. We went on picnics and field trips.
Great company
AVP Claim Operations (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2014
Company lives by their mission and truly cares about their members and providers
Managed Care Organization
Utilization Manager (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 27, 2014
I am part of the Kansas healthcare plan that manages the Medicaid dollars for inpatient, outpatient, and intermediate levels of care for both behavioral and physical health.
great company to work for
Customer service/Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: distance from my home
processing claims paying provider Dr. hospitals . learned how to be a claims analyst management was very supportive, co- was helpful went needed team players. knowing I did the job right.
Great advancement opportunities
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: opportunities and culture.
Cons: if you re unable to adjust to the unique culture it could become a con.
Solid company with opportunities to advance.

Hands on learning experiences.

Career pathing for performing employees.
FUN
SR Provider Info Specialist (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 20, 2014
I enjoy it great advancement opportunities
nice people
able to work at home
we were able to go to alot of fairs
Team Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 15, 2014
the fact that I was abl to give people health coverage was a big plus for me
review
Utilization Manager/Care Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2014
I work some days at the office and some days at home. Minimal room for advancement, things are slowly improving, some favoritism
Work at Amerigroup
Claims Processor (Current Employee), VAJanuary 6, 2014
I really enjoy my job while at Amerigroup, But the hardest part was the quality which I was terminated for due to lack of policies which we had to follow which had the employee to be set up for falling.. Overall it a good company.. The management staff were great most of them were, some of them were not.. I had some issue with one of them, because I said something that was unprofessional which I admitted to saying.. So I cannot come back and work for the company..I really miss my co-worker..
productive co.
Administrative Assistant/Coordinator Execusearch (Former Employee), new york, new yorkJanuary 4, 2014
As a temp at this company I was treated with respect as an office support, very good company to work for.
Productive, challenging, and fun resolving members beneifts and claim issues.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 18, 2013
Pros: having employment and being able to resolve member issues.
Cons: short breaks
A day at work consists of acknowledging member issue, ensuring issue will be resolved, research and resolve, offer additional assistance. This position teaches you patients and the importance of dealing with a persons health benefits, management was available if team leads were unable to assist, coworkers made it a great environment to be in at times and were very helpful. The hardest part of the job is loosing member to other healthcare agencies if our product could not benefit members health as needed and the enjoyable part is one call resolution and member satisfaction.
Summary of Qualifications:
AVP Health Care Management Services (Current Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 13, 2013
I have been in the Managed Care arena for sixteen years, a nurse for thirty years, and in leadership role, in the clinical and business realm for sixteen years. My objective is to have a position with an organization which will allow me to be in an Executive position within the Health Care industry and be responsible for the development and operational oversight in supporting associates and the institution to increase the profitability. This would allow me to integrate my extensive background in clinical nursing, sales/ marketing presentations, quality management, case/ disease management, and advocate the principles of managed care concepts with my excellent customer service, and analytical skills. I have been employed in the Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid area and look forward to our interview.
Lack of training
Ancillary Services Manager (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VADecember 3, 2013
Company expected that an associate can learn with no training, put people into positions with no experience. When mistakes were made no correction advice given just terminate.
Nice..!!
business analyst (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VADecember 2, 2013
Pros: nice ambience
Cons: na
Really cool experience. people are good and work environment is prettily great
happy energetic outgoing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 26, 2013
Pros: im positive and happy 98 percent of the time
Cons: cant make every one happy
to go in with a positive attitude and just no what happen on the previous day don't take it in on the current day. no that every client patient or situation is different.so you can't treat it the same. I've always been the first point of contact and if you handle the situation in a positive manner it might make that day go a little easier.I truly enjoy making people happy.

About Amerigroup Corporation

AMERIGROUP looks after the health of America's needy. The managed health care provider targets people eligible for Medicaid, the – Read more