Amerigroup Corporation Employee Reviews

Dead Company, no longer exists
Finance Account Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 14, 2015
Amerigroup was bought last year and the new corporation has destroyed everything Amerigroup stood for. This is now an extremely toxic environment with high turnover and no enjoyment in our work. No recognition for a good job done.
Pros
None now exist
Cons
Culture is dead, no longer exists
Friendly culture
Data Management Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 14, 2015
I enjoyed working there. The people are very friendly and the managers were approachable. Pleasant working environment. Co-workers wanted me to stay but I was unable to get hired on a permanent basis.
Great Place to work and warm enviroment
CCR1 (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 2, 2015
I take inbound calls from member who receive Medicaid benefits from the state, I help them understand their plans, I also talk to providers to help them review what is covered as applied to member's coverage. I also check voicemails left from the previous day and return calls to insure that all needs meet for our members.
Cons
limited hours for overtime and flexability
Stressed and over worked
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 26, 2015
The company seems to be fun and a loving environment but it's very stressful and you are micro managed all the time. I learned that sometimes you have to work off the clock in order to keep your job. the hardest part of the job is meeting the production and the quality. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting some really nice people. I would recommend working for the company but not the department.
Pros
free parking garage, free coffee, and tea, met some really nice co-workers
Cons
short breaks, micro-managed, stressful, over worked
Recovery Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 23, 2015
Amerigroup is a good company. I work from home, so I am not in the office on a daily basis. Good place to work, but hard to move forward or advance within the department.
Pros
Job sercurity
Cons
Managment
Change is good
Verification OHI Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 21, 2015
I enjoyed the work I performed at Amerigroup while they was going through their year of transition over to Wellpoint (now Anthem). They had finalized the merger and were now bringing the two companies together.
Management is top heavy, no job security, Director only wants her hand picked employees to remain
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxJuly 21, 2015
Management lacks any understanding of how much work is expected. Micro managing, secretly changing the rules, and ambush are all active management styles. team members not allowed to interact freely with other team mates. Too many ill trained managers and too few associates to do all the ever changing work responsibilities.
Pros
Many positions are work-at-home positions
Cons
Impossible work loads, derogatory management style
Basic Call Center/Customer Service position
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2015
Friendly, upbeat environment to work in. Numbers important to management but they do provide opportunity for growth rapidly.
Pros
Occasionally would provide lunch and have special events for morale
Great New Experience
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 2, 2015
I have never worked in medical insurance before but this was a new experience. I have gained customer service skills in a call center atmosphere. I have learned new tips within the business and the tricks of insurance.
Amerigroup
Statewide Manage Care Manager 1 (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2015
Great Place to work and learn the all about the manage care programs. I have been working for Amerigroup for about 7.5 yrs and have enjoyed it. My co-workers are great. The most enjoyable of this job is it is family oriented and they care for their members.
Amerigroup Experience
Customer Service Level II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 24, 2015
Great experience first time working for Insurance Provider, learned the ins and outs of Medicare and HMO plans. Got to work with members and providers everyday.
Amerigroup
Health Promotion, Team Lead Outreach Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2015
 Calculating, developing and organizing monthly end reports to the management team.

 Assisting in special projects as assigned by manager.

 Managing my team to ensure all assigned job duties are followed on a regular basis: coordinating work schedules, lunch schedules, approving time off, and addressing any issues within the department.

 Supervised 7agents on a daily basis, telephonically to ensure customer service etiquettes are being followed.

 Conducted monthly 1:1 meetings with employees to review monthly productivity addressing areas of improvement.

 Coordinated team events and projects, i.e…. Christmas function, Thanksgiving potluck, Birthdays, March of Dimes

 Performing the same duties as an outreach associate while maintaining the Team Lead role.

 Coordinating telephonic care to neonatal members and conducting surveys in the effort to ensure medical care.

 Making outbound calls to parents with members under age 21 to ensure yearly health exams under the THSteps program.

 Working and supervising the ESRD (End Stage Renal Disease) database in contacting members to enroll in Medicare for Dual benefit coverage in conjunction with their Medicaid benefits.

 Verifying Migrant Status through telephonic outreach.

 Assisting in special projects as assigned by manager
Awesome work environment
RN Star Plus Waiver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 13, 2015
Worked from home, very busy but everyone worked as a team. Able to take PTO without any issues and very helpful if having any work issues.
Pros
home based
Cons
Surprise meetings
Being the best I can be for my patients on a daily bases.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 11, 2015
The best part of my job is making sure my clients are taken care of.
The hardest part of my job is leaving them at night. I have learned to so much more about people of an older age and to appreciate life more. My co-workers are amazing and I learn so much from them and apply more in my days to take care of my patients better. Management is the best Ive ever had. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing my patients smile.
Pros
Love what i do
Cons
Wish I could do more
Fun work environment
(Anthem) Marketing Team (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 11, 2015
Great place to work has awesome benefits to personal life. The team is very helpful and does not let one another down. The people all work well together.
Very Productive....one of my favorite jobs
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  VAJune 10, 2015
A typical day a work entailed...

Daily received inbound calls from members and providers
Analyzed provider inquiries to determine authorization and or claims status
Daily made outbound calls welcoming new members, while conducting health survey to determine if member needed case management
Informed members and providers of eligibility status
Directed members to appropriate source depending on state guidelines while adhering to all HIPPA laws
Managed credentialing and enrollment operations
Process over 80 calls daily and oversaw 700 new enrollments monthly
Pros
I had the best co-workers there
Cons
When the company was in a bind, we all felt it...
Company was a good company to work for. Independant production
Cedentialing Coodinator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 9, 2015
Production was the force behind this Company
Alot of Contracts
Great Team, worked close to home. Great overtime.
Independantly worked on assignments
Pros
Salary
Cons
half hour lunch
Ok for pay and benefits
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2015
Terrible place to work, the micromanagement of the call center drive you crazy, weekends and holidays off. Nice people to work people to work with no time off the phones.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Micromanagement
Work enviorment is stressful
Member/Provider Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 28, 2015
Typical day at work is stressful. I learned how to stay on task and manage my time. Management is not trust worthy. The hardes part of the job is getting along with management. The most enjoyable part of the job was my teamates.
Pros
Cafeteria on site
Cons
Short breaks and Healthcare, Managment
Wonderful work enviroment
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2015
Amerigroup is a great place to work & a place to grow. It is a great started job after a long time without employment. Once you get in you are in & if by chance you are let go it by your own faults. The management will do everything they can to keep you there. Also if you are doing well you will be recognized for doing well.
Pros
Enviroment
Cons
Very rigid schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amerigroup Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Amerigroup Corporation Reviews by Location