AmeriHealth Caritas Employee Reviews

regional management bad
clinical (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLJanuary 17, 2018
management does not care about patient is all about money. there is no transparency, decisions are made without thinking of consequences and directives are constantly changed, very confusing. local management director and manager are great. regional and upper management in plan are not fair and don't care about the employees.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no stability
Could be so much better
Manger (Former Employee) –  PAJanuary 16, 2018
Unfortunately, I was in a position in which I was ordered to oversee an inexperienced staff with no guidance or infrastructure in place. Upper management demanded unrealistic goals and expectations. There was an incredible amount of work and the criteria for determining the workload was incredibly unrealistic.

The pay and benefits were the only saving grace of the job. I went there in good faith and a positive outlook, but the atmosphere and leadership helped make that change quickly.

There were some good people there who tried hard and worked collaboratively, though. I miss them and hope that the culture has changed.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management, unrealsitic expectations, poor culture
Select Health was about caring for people, but AmeriHealth made it about money
First Choice Care Connector (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 7, 2018
Select Health was a supportive environment, lots of job satisfaction until AmeriHealth corporate took over; focus went from members to the bottom line
Pros
good benefits, vacation time
Cons
poor management, lack of advancement, nepotism
workplace culture
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 7, 2018
This employer it a great place to work. If you are looking to grow in your career this is the place to work. It provides an oppurtunity for you to learn, excel and become successful. The training is extensive and detailed to prepare you for your daily task. I highly recommend you to begin or continue your career with Amerihealth Caritas. The benefits are resonable and become effective on your start date. They also provide you with different perks to help enhance your future and career. Some positions give you the opportunity to work from home full time and part time. Its a friendly and stress-free environment. They acknowledge their employees and appreciation during customer service week, Thanksgiving, First day of Summer by proving special offers. This is a company that reach out to the communities, provide fundraisers and show love to the less fortunate.
Pros
Bonuses, flexible schedule
Cons
travel time
Discharge planning, member outreach, HEDIS, 7 day follow up.
Care Connector (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 3, 2018
Typical work day of 8-4:30, office setting. Focus on discharge planning, goal to meet HEDIS requirements. Deployment of mobile therapist if 7 days follow up appt wasn't in place by hospital, after a member was hospitalized. Management of behavioral health utilization management fax queue. Assisted with authorization of substance abuse IOP's. Member outreach at times.
Pros
Excellent health benefits.
Cons
Contract for continued employment wasn't approved.
Fun environment
Rapid Response Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLDecember 28, 2017
Feels like family instead of Co Workers and bosses...team work and effort is a normal there. many opportunities for growth. opportunity to work remotely and learn new skills. Management is Great !
Pros
work environment
Cons
flexibility in work schedules
Not for me
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2017
The culture is terrible. Departments do not work together and fight in email. IT support is the worst. Requests are continuously ignored.

Launch of new lines of business tasks are done when supporting departments get to it. No urgency, no regard for members.
Productive & fun work place
Expense Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2017
A good company to work for, good benefits & friendly work environment. Offered reimbursement for education, discounts for family fun. Amerihealth covered all areas that there employee's may experience in life to help them become a better person & employee's.
Pros
Free coffee & teas bar
Management provides different direction
Manager, Provider Network Management (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 8, 2017
Management provides different direction depending on who is giving the directive. Then managers demand to know why you are doing something the way that you are. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.
something different
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 7, 2017
The hardest part of this job was having to deal with all the different kinds of attitude that will call the health care phone line. bUT I CAN TELL YOU THAT THE FUN PART ABOUT THIS JOB IS WHEN YOU GET TO HELP
A great corporate experience
Windows Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tinicum Township, PADecember 6, 2017
This was an experience in corporate environment with processes and policy. They had great division of responsibility and yet good coordination between teams.
Pros
Great Health Insurance.
Cons
Being on call took your evenings away.
Great company, great benefits!
Care Connector (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 4, 2017
I really enjoyed AmeriHealth, it is a very flexible company with several opportunities to work from home. They offer excellent benefits, including tuition reimbursement. I would still be there, but, unfortunately, they terminated their contract with my state.
Pros
Work from home opportunities
Cons
Contigent on contract with state medicaid plans
N/a
Enterprise Data Architect (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 29, 2017
Acted as an Enterprise Data Architect and really do not have an opinion about place. Hardest thing tp deal with is all the politics among the executives.
Benefits
Cons
N/a
Definite learning curve to my experience
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 28, 2017
I have enjoyed the experience and opportunity to work for this company and would like to continue learning and growing in this line of work. I am open to more learning opportunities and other areas of work within health care.
Stressful non ergonomic
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  IowaNovember 28, 2017
It was ok lots of changes to policy I was sad when they pulled business the company taught me alot they offer a good benefit package thoughtful manager educated management
Pros
Keep you in the loop freauent staff meetings
Cons
Lots of changes to policies
so so work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 27, 2017
Pros: Relatively good benefits and starting pay rates

Cons: High demands for productivity soured my taste for the job

Bottom line: which position you hold in the company could impact job satisfaction
Wonderful place to work
Clinical care review nurse (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 25, 2017
I truly enjoy working with AmeriHealth Caritas. It is quite obvious how much this company cares about it's members and employees. I am very sorry that I will not be continuing my employment with them due to company closure.
Pros
Pleasant work environment, great management structure. solid communication, caring company.
Cons
Company closure.
Great place
Clinical Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 17, 2017
Amerihealth is a great place to work. The company was great. I under there decision.. they took very good care of employees through lay off .. This company is definitely employee based.. They care about employees more than anywhere else I have worked
Benefits
Cons
Supervisor
Management is the problem, not the solution
Provider Relations Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 15, 2017
Bullying by management is the norm. The pattern of low morale only showed itself once a peer felt confident to trust another. Once discussions began, the awful repercussions for raising issues was met with managers and directors bullying subordinates and fierce retribution. You are a minion and insignificant unless they need some quick project completed. Management thinks they know it all, which is far from the truth. The clinical mgmt is scholarly; business side not so much. Saw many opportunities for co-workers who were deserving of pay increases, bonuses and promotions passed over for friends of mgmt. Employees were to be seen and not heard unless quickly prompted. I was ordered to attend a conference after major abdominal surgery a week after surgery. They simply work you out of balance. My health and mental health was at stake every day. I would never allow a friend to apply willingly.
Pros
Pto
Cons
nice work environment with great coworkers
LTSS Utilization Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 5, 2017
It has been nice working at AmeriHealth Caritas for 6 months but AmeriHealth withdrew as an MCO from the Iowa health link program so I must move on. I worked with a great group of coworkers in a relaxed environment and enjoyed what I did

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmeriHealth Caritas. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9