AmeriHealth Caritas Employee Reviews

Needs Improvement
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 21, 2017
Found environment more of white collar assembly line. Low Moral but good people there simply trying to earn a living. Not sure how it could be better due to the nature of they type of work and business associated. Healthcare at best is challenging. If you need something for the now and don't plan to stay long it could work. Just be warned go in with your head down for protection.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
type of business
Last resort job
Clinical Care Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 14, 2017
Management is incompetent as well as the supervisor. The morale is low, employees are not friendly at all. The turn over rate is extremely HIGH. The training is scattered and unorganized. There is no work/life balance whatsoever. If you have a sick child and need to stay home its an "occurence" because it wasnt planned time off! I worked there for seven months and would NEVER go back.
Pros
Great opportunity for advancement!!
Care Connector (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 9, 2017
I love working for this company, if you do your job you get noticed, if you don't do your job you will also get noticed and you will be out the door. However ,If you are looking to grow with a great company this is the place for you as long as you are willing to put the work in.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Employees that complain about management but they think they are never at fault.
Research of Claims
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 12, 2017
You review your daily emails and updates.
If there aren't any projects then you process the incoming claim disputes and requests. The hardest part of the job is understanding state regulations.
Great company to work
Provider Claims Services (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 4, 2017
The company it self is great but the upper management is horrible. Also if you are great at your job they will use you for everything they need you for. They just will overlook you for advancement to get a promotion.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Horrible management, work force management, 30 min lunch
Do not work for performrx
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 1, 2017
You won't be able to use the restroom, they pick and chose who they want to work there, they set you up to fail at being sucessful. Managers are mean, nasty. Don't waste your time. You can't get time off from work. Terrible place to work.
Pros
Cons
Treated like a child, no time off, negative work place
Overall company is good to work for
Utilization Management (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 27, 2017
The Utilization department in La. has a very high turn over rate with management and staff. The director is very unprofessional which carries on through her management team. The training in this area is horrible. The company itself is a good company to work for but I wouldn't advise this department.
Relax environmet
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Very high call volume, multiple lines of business, management was great leaders, offered tool to succeed, co-workers always willing to share ideals to make job more comfortable.
Pros
Able to assist those in need, servicing the poor and less fortunate
Cons
Short Lunches & Short Breaks, only given 30 minute lunches
Great Company
Care connector (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 21, 2016
Amerihealth Caritas is a great company to work for. I love the culture of the organization. They value the opinions of the employees in improving work processes.
Pros
Lots of Lunches
fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 19, 2016
love working with Ameihealth Caritas great benefits loving team members open door policy great start off salary I learned more about healthcare benefits and medicaid learn how to change doctors for customers

Want to know more about AmeriHealth Caritas?

Ask a question
Very poor upper management
Community Health Navigator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 15, 2016
Pro- Good benefits, great mission, and great members
Cons- Poor Management, Poor Human Resource, and Poor work ethics towards minorities.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Great company to work for
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 14, 2016
There are various departments and line of businesses. The hardest part was the frequent managerial changes which made it difficult to perform various duties because of misinformation.
Pros
Great compensation and culturally diverse.
Cons
The company was restructuring.
Management provided guidance
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 11, 2016
A typical day of work consisted of going into our system and getting claims assigned via a queue. I learned a lot about the claims processing and examining. Management is the main reason that I'd recommend working in the claims department. My co-workers were easygoing and willing to assist with issues that I may have had problems with. The hardest part was sometimes reaching quality, The most enjoyable part of my job was the workplace and the people that I worked with.
Not a good work enviornment due to poor management
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 5, 2016
Not a good work enviornment due to poor management. It is a great working experience for my resume. I do value the learning experience and I know what to look for in other companies moving forward. This company has poor management and does not value the employees.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Not a good work enviornment due to poor management
Great Place to work
Compliance Analyst/Care Connector (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLNovember 28, 2016
Plans and coordinates operational activities given by company as well as organization to guarantee compliance with governmental regulations and state ordinances
Ensures all policies and procedures are implemented and well documented
n/a
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2016
This as a great company to work for. Staff is lively and colorful. I had a short but amazing experience at AmeriHealth Caritas DC.
Somewhat ok
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Tinicum Township, PANovember 22, 2016
I loved the work that I did at this company. But it sometimes felt like I was walking on pins and needles. they are really big on production if you don't meet, you are out the door.
Pros
Flecibily
Cons
job security
Productive and Family Oriented
UAT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2016
There is always room for growth. The leadership at AmeriHealth Caritas is awesome and friendly environment. The hardest part of the job is up to you. I love working for AmeriHealth Caritas
Extremely tense
Rapid Response/Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2016
A typical day at work
I didn't learn much
My co-workers were awesome very friendly and helpful
I don't know what else to dsay about this company being that I wasn't there long
Laid back environment, nice place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2016
Schedule daily meetings, input requisitions and purchase orders into the purchasing system, using PeopleSoft, answering telephone, manage office moves.
Pros
Everyone is easy to work with and always willing to help
Cons
Not enough work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmeriHealth Caritas. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9