AmeriHealth Caritas

AmeriHealth Caritas Employee Reviews

Nice work environment with balanced people to spend your day with.
Concurrent Review Nurse, RN (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 20, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: Alot of work
Typical day starts with checking my personal board assignment. My co-workers are supportive and fun loving. The hardest part of my job is being able to organize and complete all tasks during the day to be within compliance of company requirements. The most enjoyable part of my job are my co-workers. We all get along well as a team, and all are willing to assist when necessary.
The company is growing
Claims (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaJune 16, 2015
Pros: great hours (6:30-9:00am start time)
Cons: daily changes; quick to fire
The growth of the Jacksonville site is rapid, so you must be adaptable to change. Growth also means opportunity for advancement. I haven't been at the company long but I see room to climb the ladder. I suggest you come in, work, then leave. Cuts down on hearing the gossip.
Productive work place with great team
Operations (Current Employee), Tinicum Township, PAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Inside the mall
Cons: Short lunch, very small space for associates
Located inside of the mall so very busy. Normally worked the floor but the register as well. Co-workers were very nice and will help yiu with learning new concepts. Management depending on the manager was very helpful sometimes not so much
Very busy workplace.
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2015
A typical day would be me taking calls, and helping members change PCP's, and help in any way possible. I've learned how to not spend so much time on calls, and help members in a timely fashion. My co-workers all were very nice, management as well. The most enjoyable part of the day is when members are satisfied with the service I provided.
Make your stay temporary
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2015
Pros: you are employed
Cons: management and atmosphere
This company has been the worst I've ever worked for. The only reason for two stars is because there is a great benefits plan and the pay is competitive. The atmosphere is the same as a funeral home, dead – more... and quiet. No sense of care, unity,or appreciation. The management micromanage down to the very way you word you sentences, if the strict standards are not upheld, you may consider yourself terminated. This is not a place I would recommend for long term stay, in this economy I would suggest taking the position if necessary for income but keep searching for secure employment. – less
work flow
Mail Services Coordinator II (Current Employee), Jacksonville FLMay 31, 2015
Pros: hours for work is 8-4;30 with an hour luch
Cons: looking for full-time employee Temp/employee
A productive work place we have a good work relationship with all employees. Have good customer service skills. Handle in coming and out go member information.
Nice entry level job. ready for the next step.
Care Connector (Current Employee), Harrisburg,PAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Schedule
Cons: short lunches
Work day:
Check activities for members to call back. Start recieving incoming calls at 9:00am for variety of reasons.
Co-workers are friendly people who work hard
Balancing assisting a member and call time is the hardest task.
Most enjoyable is helping the member when they were really struggling finding the answers to their questions.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 13, 2015
At this company I have learned about time management. I feel I need more room to grow and am currently looking for a great opportunity.
Good for new servers
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2015
Friday's is a fun atmosphere. The tips can vary greatly from one location to the other, as can the caliber of the management.
Very conservative work environment
Med Econ (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMay 10, 2015
Pros: Excellent health insurance, Mon-Fri work schedule
Cons: Lack of training, departments work as "silos" with very poor communication, disorganization from Leadership Teams, poor pay
This company suffers from lack of organization and very poor communication cross departments. It is difficult to receive training or clear direction for any position.

Management disregards employee – more... feedback and does little to retain employees. There are very few advancement opportunities in many departments.

The "grunts" or people who actually work with members are truly caring people and live the company's vision statement. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Senior and Executive Management. – less
potential to be a good job with different leaders
um tech (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 30, 2015
Pros: Good coworkers potlucks.
Cons: short breaks.
Great mission. No real energy. Lots of work falls on supervisors and managers. No support from upper management. Directors befriended associates. Promoting people because they are friends.
Very interesting
Provider Claims Services Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: Short break
Very great place to work. They really take care of their employees. Benefits are great and the hours are reasonable.

Attempting to secure a position back with this company in the very near future.
Great to place to work and great benefits
Care Connector (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 16, 2015
Great place to work but there are not a lot of opportunities to grow within the company. The company offers outstanding benefits. Overall I believe it is a great place to start your career but it might not be the place where you will grow and mature with the company.
Not what they stand for...
Community Health Educator (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 15, 2015
* worked hard
* Give up a lot for job
* Not for there employee only for the Corporate America which isn't fair to someone whom help them grow in Corporate America
Difficulty caring for Managed Medicaid members with limited resources due to history of non-low payment.
RN NURSE CASE MANAGER (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 13, 2015
Pros: Compassionate staff
Cons: limited to no resources for poverty level members.
Company did not accommodate disability after 3 doctor's note and a work station assessment by a physical therapist they hired to assess me. Additionally, very limited financial resources that led to members – more... not getting dme, home care services, chemo, hep c treatment after directives were put in place to outreach to these members. Very frustrating environment to work in because you are on the front line outreaching to members/medical teams for services that are not being provided as ordered/promised, and within Millimen guidelines for member's care. Many vendors refused services for members citing company did not pay it's bills. When concerns raised, the atmosphere is send an email to "cya". – less
once you have claims experience you can move through out the company.
Latoya D. Arrington (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2015
, great growth potential processed a 160 claims a day. Depending on supervisor a great place to work. great workshop offered to better your skills.
Great Company with many opportunities
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 1, 2015
Working at this company was a great start and a great way to get my foot in the door. It allows me to be detail oriented, organized, and gives me the ability to work in a fast pace environment.
Experience
Medical Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Tinicum, PAMarch 30, 2015
I started at Amerihealth with very little claim experience. And have grown tremendously with a wide range of additional knowledge that is allowing me to grow and learn.
Customer Care Representative
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: compensation for the industry/ facilities are nice
Cons: short breaks, "A sense of whip lashing", poor work environment
I recently was forced to leave this company due to a multiple of factors. I will give the company credit for paying more than other companies but that is about where the positive feedback ends for me. – more...

I had developed a good relationship with my immediate supervisor and the head manager as i do think they are good people hamstrung by the overall structure of the company. These individuals seem to value me as an employee and did help my career development by throwing some projects my way, which i greatly appreciated.
However, due to the overall customer matters more than the employee work environment that has been created, it was hard to walk away feeling good about management as a whole. It's almost like because they pay more than others might in the industry it gives them the license to not care about employee morale. At the same time, it seems like they spent more time on how to make our jobs more difficult and stressful than anything else.

One example, is that they will allow no breaks between calls and if you want to take a break they watch your overall break time very closely so you really have no options but to sit there and take the call. I managed to handle all this for a while as the work volume was manageable, but they became increasingly understaffed (surprise, surprise) and tried to whip the lash on the remaining employees to pick up the burden. Eventually for me, they were beating a dead horse and since no change was in sight i said adios. Good thing too, because I still keep in touch with employees there and, if anything, it has gotten worse. Apparently they are demanding doctor's notes now for multiple bathroom breaks.

In summary, I feel bad because there are good people there that helped me but i just can't past how badly they under value their employees or how easily they discard them and yet are now caught off guard by the shortage of staffing. The final straw for me was when they took away my bonus for last year because of a technicality that i quit two days before they actually dispensed the check. Congratulations Amerihealth, you have another ticked off employee, but you know what you are doing i guess, right? – less
call center environment
member/provider services (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 22, 2015
Pros: location, surroundings
Cons: short lunch breaks, once a year bonus
same every day answer phones help members find doctors and specialist in there area, answer provider calls to check status of claims

1 2 3 4

About AmeriHealth Caritas

AmeriHealth Caritas is the nation's leader in health care solutions for the underserved and chronically ill, impacting the lives – Read more

AmeriHealth Caritas Salaries