AmeriHealth Caritas

AmeriHealth Caritas Employee Reviews

Wouldn't recomend if you're the type that likes to grow
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 25, 2016
It's very hard to grow with this organization. Even when you are a great employee with education, and the will to want to learn and train and excel, it seems as though they play favorites. So if you're the type that wants to grow and stay with a company for the long term, Amerihealth wouldn't be the place to do it at. But I believe that this would be a great start for someone that is in college, or someone who is content with working in the same position for awhile, and/or someone who is looking for work for right now.
Pros
Pay is decent.
Cons
Opportunity to grow.
Great medical benefits!
claims representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 15, 2016
If you're looking for a company that helps their employees succeed, job security, and great management team, this is NOT the company for you. The expectations in the claims department is very demanding. Some of the mangers aren't professional. I left the company and I wouldn't recommend anyone looking to retire with a company to chose Amerihealth. From training on up is HORRIBLE!
Pros
Flexible hours, good medical benefits
Cons
No job security and very limited advancement opportunities
The worst place i've ever work at.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 4, 2015
You work under tremendous stress trying your best to succeed and do a great job, but some of the supervisor are only interested in showing management how to waste money by firing and then hiring to teach someone else; only to turn around and fire them as well.
Pros
Off weekends and Holidays
Cons
Mangement cares only about those in charge; and not the workers that do the work.
Company provided great working envrironment but job security is non existing.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 3, 2015
Company mislead employees promoting consistent company growth and room to excel but as they loose accounts they will terminate employment with false pretense. The company shields behind the 'Right to Work' act and will, with no hesitation, terminate employment.
Great Training Organization
Provider Network Account Executive (Current Employee) –  FLDecember 1, 2015
Ameriheathcaritas is a very diverse organization and has many benefits to offer their employees in their efforts to growth with the company and be a more valuable asset
Pros
Great Benefits
A Hot Mess
RN (Former Employee) –  southfield, MIOctober 12, 2015
Very unorganized. No one will take accountability. Blame artists. You do what you're told to do then you get yelled at for doing it because nobody really knows what to do. They pile work on you like you're a robot. Medical Director is mean and rude to coordinators. Everything is done the hard way. Nothing is SMART. Crazy place to work. Most of the workers are nice people though.
Pros
Benefits are very decent
Cons
You will have nightmares about the job because it's just too much.
Available to the needs of the community
Contact Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 3, 2015
-Very Busy Customer Focus Work environment.
-Being a team player is very important to the needs of the business.
-My Management style is Respect my staff as I expect for them to also respect me. I work just as hard or harder of the expectations of my staff. And I'm always open to understanding that we are all human and have personal issues, however we have to understand Policy and procedures that the Company Requires all their employees to work by those standards of Business Needs.
-Always stay positive, and just learn to be a used to different work styles and different personalities. And keep and open mind set, without getting involved in situations that is not work related.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is completing a task that was very hard, and the team/department receives a high ranking or award of excellence for Job Well done.
Pros
All Work levels completes task together for a final positive end result
Cons
Higher Management don't appreciate the hard work that the Supervisor do.
work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 30, 2015
This just is a ok job they have a lot of work to be fix with in the company and management. The call center staff needs to all be on one page.
amerihealth
Member Provider Services (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 29, 2015
A place to work .enjoy your co workers.great benefits and hours. Its what to be expected of a big company. Management all new
Stressful work place
Provider Claims Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2015
The company is okay for benefits but a stressful place to work. You can't take job if no available time is on the calendar.
Pros
Get to work from home
Cons
short lunch
Pharm tech (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaAugust 27, 2015
The job is very productive. The call volume is high. Management needs improvement. Advice never be late or absent they stress that issue.
Benefits
Cons
Policy
Mission Statement
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  philadelphiaAugust 26, 2015
The company has a great mission statement, however that statement needs to be part of every employee's mission. Not enough employee' are moved by it. Too many people function day to day without it. You have to have a goal each day. Many are just coming to work without goals. It would be better to have the mission statement as a screen saver. Also company needs to motivate employees to adopt better ways to be healthy. Offer a gym on-site. Many of the positions are stressful and the average employee gains weight. This is not a good thing.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Not enough opportunities to meet other staff. Too segregated
Very nice professional place to work.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, Pa.August 17, 2015
A typical day at work consist of case managing high risk patients. I enroll members into the Bright Start Program with AmeriHealth Caritas (Keystone First). I have learned that I have made a positive difference in my member's lives. Management is very supportive of staff members. My co-workers and I work excellent as a team. The hardest part of my job is letting my members go after their 8 weeks postpartum period is up. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I telecommute from home.
Pros
Get to work from home.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Productive workplace dedicated to health care for the poor
Provider Network Operations Intern, Internship (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 9, 2015
Typical day at work included a discussion with the project for the internship. Afterwards, meetings would occur involving claims coding and how different providers filed claims with the insurance company and the amount of time it takes to resolve the claim. Management had an open door policy and would often be involved in leading the meetings as well as providing tools to completing claims projects significantly larger than the other projects. Co-workers in the department I was working under mostly kept to themselves unless we were in a meeting or if I had questions regarding my project. The hardest part of the job was the project itself, which contained massive information and required the entire internship to complete. The most enjoyable part was the Back-to-School event and being able to help students prepare for the upcoming school year while adults learned more about the Medicaid benefits of the company.
Pros
Community work
Cons
Had to bring lunch, barely any networking in my specific department
My current position
Network Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 10, 2015
I currently am employed at AmeriHealth Caritas DC as a Network Account Executive. AmeriHealth is a great company to work for. Offers teleworking, which is a great benefit. I call on Behavioral Health providers to recruit them to the network, or assist them with changes to their information, assist them with claims payment, etc.

I have been successful in this position due to my past experience working with all other types of health care providers, i.e., primary care and specialists. I have also performed these same duties working with ancillary providers: radiology, lab, dialysis, etc.
Rather chaotic - growing too fast
Technical Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2015
Like the philosophy of helping the underprivileged. Generally like the people. New management recently brought in created an adverse work environment. Management by intimidation.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Need different management style
Honeymoon or not, I'm in Love!!!
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 20, 2015
Why do I love Amerihealth Caritas:
1) Benefits, Benefits, Benefits: immediate activation of all benefits, generous tuition reimbursement that you don't have to wait forever to tap into. PTO days (very generous) available upon hire.
2) Opportunity: With operations in 16 states, (and growing) there is definite growth opportunity.
3) Competitive pay !!!
4) Leadership listens, is talented, and willing to mentor. Senior leadership frequently coordinates collaborative activities for team members across the enterprise.
5) There are no silos!!! I have had team members fly-in from several other lines of business to support my orientation to this job. Definitely not the "sink or swim" environment I am accustomed to. (Olympic swimmer here)
6) They are not At Will, even in At-Will states.
7) The mission is embedded in this organization's culture and you feel it everywhere.
I have had many jobs, but this one is keeper. I am totally and sincerely impressed.

Most days are busy, but I am challenged. Everyone seems united to provide the best program and services to the members we serve. The most enjoyable part is the teamwork that extends even across departments. Don't get me wrong, it is work and I often work 9 or 10 hours, but I do enjoy what I'm doing, so that could be just me. If you are serious about what you do and have been considered and contributor - You Will Love it Here!!!
Pros
Competitive pay, fringe benefits+++, promotes work-life balance
Cons
zip, zero.
Nice work environment with balanced people to spend your day with.
Concurrent Review Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 20, 2015
Typical day starts with checking my personal board assignment. My co-workers are supportive and fun loving. The hardest part of my job is being able to organize and complete all tasks during the day to be within compliance of company requirements. The most enjoyable part of my job are my co-workers. We all get along well as a team, and all are willing to assist when necessary.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Alot of work
Productive work place with great team
Operations (Current Employee) –  Tinicum Township, PAJune 16, 2015
Located inside of the mall so very busy. Normally worked the floor but the register as well. Co-workers were very nice and will help yiu with learning new concepts. Management depending on the manager was very helpful sometimes not so much
Pros
Inside the mall
Cons
Short lunch, very small space for associates
Very busy workplace.
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2015
A typical day would be me taking calls, and helping members change PCP's, and help in any way possible. I've learned how to not spend so much time on calls, and help members in a timely fashion. My co-workers all were very nice, management as well. The most enjoyable part of the day is when members are satisfied with the service I provided.