AmeriMark Direct, LLC Employee Reviews

Worst company to work for
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHFebruary 11, 2018
Management is terrible, it's a zoo. No leadership and people do what they want, you get treated like garbage pretty much every day. It's going to outsource soon anyways so get out while you can, also you're allowed to be on any drug you want here, employees nod out at their desks and management is cool with it, don't do it!
Pros
Leaving
Cons
They're the cons
The Worst Place
Call Center (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHFebruary 9, 2018
This is the worst work environment that you'll ever experience. It could be a social experiment. The management was the worst and manipulative. They played games with all of the call center staff. They have everyone multi task jobs and pay you next to nothing. The building is disgusting and the cubicles are an embarrassment. This is hands down the worst place to work and no one should ever subject themselves to this kind of harassment.
Pros
Vacation days
Good starter job, not for long term career.
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHFebruary 1, 2018
I learned to drive a lift truck/cherry picker here and the basics of warehousing. It was a good job to gain experience. Pay was bad ,and management was horrible, health and other benefits were good, HR department is a joke and will throw you under the bus. Stay away if you want to be happy in life.
They Eat Souls
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 30, 2018
It was like being in the place you go when you die without the fire. Always threats from management. Most people have to work there so they can get their government checks.
Pros
A Paycheck
Cons
everything else
Workplace
Professional (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 8, 2018
Relaxed environment. Lots of work to get done. Management seems to want to improve the workplace. Company is growing the business and has made many good changes the last couple years.
Pros
Flexible, good health benefits, friendly, vacation time
Cons
Warehouse can get hot and cold depending on weather
Learn what you can then leave
Buying Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHDecember 7, 2017
This company is a nice place to learn excel and to learn how to juggle multiple projects at once. However if you are looking for training/development and career advancement then this is not the place for you. You will never receive any of that.. I worked on the merchandising department and after having several conversations with Human Resources and upper management I was told that development was not a priority.
No longer a good company. Don't work here.
sales (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHSeptember 23, 2017
New management group clearly there just to cut costs and prepare the company for sale. This is the only explanation for the enormous percentage of the workforce (50-60%) that was "let go". Mostly very dedicated and talented people with many years of service, it didn't matter to management. So unfortunate! Don't work here, you will be sorry. The culture is now one of fear.
Diverse and calm environment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2017
Very easy going for the most part, a very diverse co workers. I can honestly say that I enjoyed going in early and conversating with my co workers and supervisors. I enjoyed my shift of 7am-3pm
Pros
monthly commissions
Cons
no advancement
Learned computer skills, cross training in warehouse
Warehouse/Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 21, 2017
Processing return product, refurbish to put back to stock.
Learned computer skills, how to pack products.
Responsible for training new workers in department.
Enjoyed working with my co-workers.
The change and uncomfortable temperature of the warehouse due to the weather.
Pros
Benefits were good.
Productive and organized
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OhioJune 11, 2017
I enjoy working at AmeriMark. The people are friendly. It is an asset to be part of the team in the Inventory dept. Very professional atmosphere with organized skills.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Avoid the place at all costs, seriously
pick/pack (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHJune 3, 2017
Where to begin. Manager is a complete waste. Games, harassment, lies, bullying. Extremely immature. Go above him to HR and this is what you deal with. Supervisors aren't any better. Won't stand up against him and do whats right to keep the good employees from leaving. Would rather kiss his *ss for job security, apparently. So the good ones end up leaving as a result. Many, many, many of them. You reap what you sow :)
Pros
the coworkers that became good friends
Cons
Literally everything else...
Do not apply
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHMay 22, 2017
Former employee I started pick switched to scanning then switched to packer then switched to scanning then switched to stocking they move you from position without notice management is horrible all they do is belittle you if you work for returns your not allowed to talk!!! The place is a dump
Pros
Goo conversation with employees
Cons
Pay, management
Stay away! Your better off at Walmart!
Puller/Packer (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHMay 15, 2017
Where do I begin? The harassment from management or extremely rude employees? Good starter job to get into warehousing or manufacturing, but seriously you're better off at Walmart. You will, I repeat, you will, be harassed by the management. I worked there for three years. They didn't harass me much because my dad worked there and I did WAY more than I needed too, but just spend two weeks there and you will know what I am talking about.
Pros
Good starter job
Cons
Harassment by management!!!!
What my job consists of
Inbound Sales and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHMay 9, 2017
I answer incoming phone calls. These are either orders from the 8 catalogs with possible upsells or customer service issues' I have learned to be empathic and understanding to the customers so that their phone call ends in a satisfied customer. I take about 65-80 calls per an 8 hour day. I enjoy talking to the customers but I have to handle the time so that I am not on a call too long. Unfortunately some customer's issues are hard to resolve, but I score high on the CFI surveys that customers answer. I work well with other agents as well as management.
Pros
made good freinds
Cons
short breaks
Could be Better
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 9, 2017
Company has potential for much greater things if management would take the time to truly and honestly listen to employees and value their contributions.
It was good in the beginning
Inbound Sales (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHMarch 12, 2017
Until they start outsourcing the jobs over seas which affected our pay and benefits here in the States, Commission structure was changed so many times which always decrease the employees payout
Pros
Commission strutucure used to be fair
Cons
Out source dropped out pay and commission drastically
good job
Pick and Pack (Former Employee) –  Brookpark, OHDecember 19, 2016
A lot of work

learned more about a warehouse job

nothing to complain about management

co workers were great

harder part was being timed

the people you worked with were the best
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
A place top almost grind out a living
Data Integrity-Credit Resolution Agent (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHNovember 6, 2015
What was a great place to work has deteriorated since expansion when two other catalog titles were purchased several years ago.
Benefits are good, medical, dental and life. Used to offer 401K match, but did away with match about 7 years ago.
Company offered monthly surprises and end of year bonus alomg with company picnic. Now all of those have been stopped.
Customer Service is pushed to sell sell sell. Service is secondary.
Pros
Co workers are great
Cons
Management is horrible
An outstanding company who believed in the balance of work and family while still requiring nothing but the best from each of their employees!
Customer Services Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, Ohio 44130July 8, 2013
Daily had a morning meeting with my direct reports to discuss strategic planning of call volume and daily sales goal. Created & loaded leads (established customers) into our Outbound Dialer. Ensured all associates/direct reports were aware of calling plan, goals and using the appropriate sales pitch (adhering to all telemarketing guidelines...TCPA, FTC, etc.).

Direct Reports & myself would hold a quick morning meeting with the Outbound unit and advise of any contests that were running, recognize and celebrated successes from the previous day, hours and inspired them via any avenue appropriate for the day. In summary, we informed, educated and ensured all were on the same page for the day (goals, etc.) as communication is critical.

I worked with an intelligent, interactive, great personality traits group of Managers, Associates & Staff. We all ensured to create the right environment and led by example in every facet while being professional but making the job fun at the same time. Always requiring nothing but top notch Customer Service while reaching a variety of key components (calls per hour, average speed of answer, costs, sales goal, call sales scripts etc.)

More recently, with the downfall in economy and the companies numerous lay offs as well as annual merit freezes I would have to say the more difficult aspect of my management position was keeping my direct reports and associates who still held their positions to not worry so much about all of the above. To overcome, I ensured all my people were informed of the successes of the company and to put their best foot
  more... forward daily and setting their minds at ease. Positive Energy was contagious and we continued to push through the companies obstacles while maintaining stellar performance.

The most enjoyable part of my job was every day was different, the people were awesome and I was learning something new all of the time. Bottom line...The environment and The people made the unassailable difference daily !

Pros
Clean, professional, country club casual environment.
Cons
Telemarketing legislation guidelines and laws became more and more stringent in the recent years.
large turnover, many bbb issues
Customer Service/Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 31, 2013
customers are secondary numbers are most important. The hardest part of the job is trying to please the customer. Many escalated calls and no time is available to resolve. If you are on the phone more than the given time to keep call flow rate in their standings you are reprimanded and percentage is taken from you. they expect you to lie to the customer and keep the numbers up if calls are dropped due to you doing you resolving an issue it goes against you. Iloved my job but they expexted you to appologise at least 4 to 5 times and say we will look into the issue but then it goes nowhere etc. i work to please customers not deceive them for the sake of the companies numbers
Pros
great pay great benefits great coworkers great hours
Cons
poor management, priorities and lack of empathy for the employees to much deceit towards the customers