AMERIPATH Employee Reviews

billing
Billing File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2017
Billing and file clerk. Put orders in the computer and put them in order. Filed things for drs and managers. Entered billing charges
Dedicated Group of Professionals
Lab Employee (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2016
Typical day at AmeriPath is extremely busy and always short-handed. There are many dedicated professionals at the lab who truly care about patients and their outcomes. AmeriPath is part of Quest Diagnostics.
Pros
Working with talented professionals
Cons
A pathology factory where numbers are everything
Excellent place and awesome people
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLOctober 11, 2016
It has been an excellent place to make my externship because all the things that I been learning. Such a wonderful place to learn and get skills!!
Pros
good place to learn about the lab industries
Cons
no cons
Large organization
Assistant, Pathology (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 3, 2016
Large organization to work for.
company could potentially use improvements on the area of
employee development and better mobility lateral and upwards/
Job security is something that is necessary as well
Pros
Big organization
Cons
Job uncertainty
Too Much Miss Management
Pymt Poster/Back up Team Lead/Ref Specialst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 462169July 26, 2016
To any chiefs and not enough Indians,, sorry for the pun, but that is exactly what it is like. Work is miss matched to a person's ability.
Pros
Love the early clock in and wearing of jeans
Cons
People will not take responsibility for their mistakes
Laid back workplace
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2016
Great place to work! I totally miss it. The pathologists are just great to work for. Most co-workers were very helpful. The day and night supervisors were not together on things very often.
Pros
Great doctors
great place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 15, 2016
it was always a good work week, dealing with alot of Drs., a very organized office, great co-workers, hardest part of the day was leaving at night. most enjoyable was all day.
extership
Medical Insurance Billing and coding Externship (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJanuary 27, 2016
This was an externship for me to get my certificate to complete my medical billing course. I did a lot of filing and paperwork.
Enjoyable work atmosphere, but not much room for advancement
Collections Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJanuary 22, 2016
Month end can be stressful. Management can sometimes act immaturely. The most enjoyable part of the job were the coworkers (definitely a team) willing to help each other.
High emphasis placed on productivity.
Histotechnologist II (Former Employee) –  Pampano Beach, FloridaSeptember 27, 2015
This organization was most instrumental with boosting the efforts of staff and the hardest part of the job was meeting unrealistic, quotas routinely.
Emplasis place on getting workload out - regardless of staff-force. Team efforts implemented among co-workers.
Pros
management was supportive and compassionate to staff. Reatively, good place to work
Cons
Imposed workload quotas prevented appreciation of work quality.
The First start to my carreer
Histology Internship (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TxJuly 22, 2015
When i first was hired at Ameripath it was for labeling slides and getting them to the proper Dr.

Then in a year Mr Gottman wanted to train me in Histology,which i loved.

It helped because my mother was also a supervisor of a Histology Lab
Pros
Training me in becoming a Histo Tech
Cons
That i left Mr Gottman for a Civil Service job
Ameripath Inc
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Dallas,TXJuly 4, 2015
While the five years I was with Ameripath. I learned a great deal for the billing and collections for insurances. I was the only one with the company that did collections and billing for Indian Health Ins,.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2015
I love all my co-workers, the mangement can be a little better, as well as the pay. Customer Service is the frontline but you get treated like the back line.
Stress from being overworked and then horrible management
Lab (Former Employee) –  Port Chester, NYFebruary 5, 2015
I survived at this company for three years. It was the most stressful three years of my life. Manager of cutting/embedding is rude, unprofessional and uneducated bully. Management was totally bias and attempted to make separate rules for his friends, besides the actual company sop. If an employee did go to HR management would retaliate, although company SOP says otherwise.
My former manager at Ameripath/Dermpath, even went as so far to contact my current manager, at a different company, to bad mouth me because I filed a compliant against him (HR later validated my complaint). I left company on good terms.
Company benefits are great! Their is 401k, paid vacation, stock options, sick time, tution assistance and more! The horrible thing is employees cant leave until work it completed, so no scheduling plans or social life. And if work runs late, employees are required to stay unit work is completed and must return back to work on time the next night. This is ok in beginning but when working the crazy hours, it becomes a bit much. Especial when friends of manager can get away with different set of rules! If you have a family or other commitment or a life, this is not the job for you!
Like anywhere else, coworkers will talk but management fuel coworkers with personal information. So even if coworker doesn't talk, issues will be raised because of management's lack of privacy.
Job is do-able with right management!
Pros
401k, health insurance, stock options, tutition reimbursement
Cons
Management, long hours, little to no time off
Nice coworkers to work with.
Laboratory Technician II (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisJanuary 5, 2015
Not much room for advancement at this company, but coworkers are very nice to work with. Learned a lot about different tissue types.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
No opportunity to advance
Challanging
Hematopathology and Referral Supervisor/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 13, 2014
Was a great lab to work for till management changed recently
Pros
lab week, employee appreciation week, employee recognition program
Cons
new management
Fairly good work environment
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLSeptember 10, 2014
Fairly good work environment
Company was sold to larger company, produced tension and uncertainty of job future. Otherwise environment was fairly good
Pros
fairly good environment
Cons
company was sold to larger company
Courier (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 5, 2014
My job duties included transporting pathological specimens from various different hospitals to the pathology lab.
Good Company to work for and I was very good at my job
Billing Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 30, 2014
I arrived 7:30AM every day and left at 4:00PM. I went to my cubicle and stayed there the whole day, excluding lunch and at least one break; two, if we weren't extremely busy. I learned a great deal about Health Insurance. Management was strict, but fair. My Co-Workers were wonderful. I worked with most of them for 12 years. We became a family. The hardest part of the job was trying to get missing information from Doctors' Offices and Hospitals. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was helping people to make sure they were billed correctly.
Fast paced job. Never a dull moment
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2014
My day starts at 3:30am. I get everything going for the techs before anyone else gets there. I have learned extensive information on cancers and treatment options. I have learned how important my job is to the patients diagnosis and peace of mind. I pretty well self manager due that I woke by myself thought he majority of my shift. My coworkers are all caring people. We help each other with the work flow. The hardest part of my job is seeing all the young kids that are being tested. It can make you very sad. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I am making a difference. I work my hardest to get patients the results they need so they can figure out the next step of their treatment.
Pros
Job has meaning. Never bore always work to do.
Cons
Physically demanding and exhausting. Emotionally hard to see all the people with cancer diagnosis

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMERIPATH. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9