AMERIPATH Employee Reviews

Professional Environment
Data Administrative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 3, 2017
This was a great assignment as an Administration Assistant, i experienced great professionalism and diversity, the environment is relaxed and enjoyable.
Pros
Pay Compensation
Cons
Temporary Assignment
Birthday Party, Pot Lucks
Coordination Collections (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 27, 2017
We have fun while working hard by having monthly birthday lunches and when we are really on a roll we have Pot Lucks or our supervisors will provided a lunch as a whole company or just individual departments.
Pros
Very understanding and patient supervisors
Cons
Can't tranfer to a different states.
Great environment
Oncology Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLJune 19, 2017
Ameripath is a great company to work for. It has a great name behind it and clients know the lab. The culture is a very positive and they help you be successful.
Focused on patient care
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 31, 2017
Ameripath is a great place to work. The people pitch in and help when needed, the work has variety. I have learned how pathology specimens are prepared for Patholoigist review, different testing that can be performed on tissue specimens to rule out different cancers. I learned about sharing information with other healthcare agencies for patient care in that slides used to diagnose patients are shared with the oncologists handling patient care when they are referred. I enjoy the clients we deal with daily and the variety of work to be done. My manager knows I will get the job done so he does not check on me very much.
Pros
Variety of work, Co-workers
Cons
short lunch, difficulty to reach my Supervisor when I have a question
nice people
Lab aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 11, 2017
Small office/laboratory so advancement was and is limited. However will Quest Diagnostics acquiring Ameripath perhaps some opportunities will be available.
I liked my co workers
Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMarch 22, 2017
Everyone was really supportive of each other in our career advancement. We had good perks like lab week. Management played favorites. I did enjoy working there beside the group lead trying to micro manage me.
Referral Testing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 15, 2017
Typical day at AmeriPath is extremely busy in lab, environment is fast paced due to amount of specimens delivered for testing, enjoy working with majority of the pathologists, company does care about patients and clients sending business, lastly not much room for advancement at this company.
Pros
Quest Diagnostics Bonous
Cons
Yearly Raise
billing
Billing File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2017
Billing and file clerk. Put orders in the computer and put them in order. Filed things for drs and managers. Entered billing charges
Dedicated Group of Professionals
Lab Employee (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2016
Typical day at AmeriPath is extremely busy and always short-handed. There are many dedicated professionals at the lab who truly care about patients and their outcomes. AmeriPath is part of Quest Diagnostics.
Pros
Working with talented professionals
Cons
A pathology factory where numbers are everything
Excellent place and awesome people
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLOctober 11, 2016
It has been an excellent place to make my externship because all the things that I been learning. Such a wonderful place to learn and get skills!!
Pros
good place to learn about the lab industries
Cons
no cons
Job
Pathology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 6, 2016
Very stressful job to work. I learned aa lot about pathology, entering information in the system, processing specimens and preparing samples for the doctor. Management was terrible if you had a problem they did try to solve it.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
management
Large organization
Assistant, Pathology (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 3, 2016
Large organization to work for.
company could potentially use improvements on the area of
employee development and better mobility lateral and upwards/
Job security is something that is necessary as well
Pros
Big organization
Cons
Job uncertainty
Too Much Miss Management
Pymt Poster/Back up Team Lead/Ref Specialst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 462169July 26, 2016
To any chiefs and not enough Indians,, sorry for the pun, but that is exactly what it is like. Work is miss matched to a person's ability.
Pros
Love the early clock in and wearing of jeans
Cons
People will not take responsibility for their mistakes
Laid back workplace
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2016
Great place to work! I totally miss it. The pathologists are just great to work for. Most co-workers were very helpful. The day and night supervisors were not together on things very often.
Pros
Great doctors
great place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 15, 2016
it was always a good work week, dealing with alot of Drs., a very organized office, great co-workers, hardest part of the day was leaving at night. most enjoyable was all day.
extership
Medical Insurance Billing and coding Externship (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJanuary 27, 2016
This was an externship for me to get my certificate to complete my medical billing course. I did a lot of filing and paperwork.
Enjoyable work atmosphere, but not much room for advancement
Collections Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJanuary 22, 2016
Month end can be stressful. Management can sometimes act immaturely. The most enjoyable part of the job were the coworkers (definitely a team) willing to help each other.
High emphasis placed on productivity.
Histotechnologist II (Former Employee) –  Pampano Beach, FloridaSeptember 27, 2015
This organization was most instrumental with boosting the efforts of staff and the hardest part of the job was meeting unrealistic, quotas routinely.
Emplasis place on getting workload out - regardless of staff-force. Team efforts implemented among co-workers.
Pros
management was supportive and compassionate to staff. Reatively, good place to work
Cons
Imposed workload quotas prevented appreciation of work quality.
The First start to my carreer
Histology Internship (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TxJuly 22, 2015
When i first was hired at Ameripath it was for labeling slides and getting them to the proper Dr.

Then in a year Mr Gottman wanted to train me in Histology,which i loved.

It helped because my mother was also a supervisor of a Histology Lab
Pros
Training me in becoming a Histo Tech
Cons
That i left Mr Gottman for a Civil Service job
Ameripath Inc
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Dallas,TXJuly 4, 2015
While the five years I was with Ameripath. I learned a great deal for the billing and collections for insurances. I was the only one with the company that did collections and billing for Indian Health Ins,.