Ameriprise Auto and Home Insurance Employee Reviews

Fun, upbeat environment to work in.
Technical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIMay 9, 2017
Management is great and really cares about their employees. There are many opportunities for advancement. The hardest part was transitioning to a different role and not having the resources I needed to succeed.
Call Center Job
Customer Professional (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIApril 11, 2017
A typical day at work required answering phone calls in regards to auto policies as well as making changes to policies. While working here, insurance is taught in depth for a better understanding for the employee to relay information to the clients
Not what I thought it was going to be.
Sales Agent Auto and Home (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 31, 2016
• Prospects Called in for Quotes.
• Went through the quote to get a price for them.
• Overcame objections and then completed the sale.

Really took the job because told me at the interview their was room to grow and apply for other opportunities within the company, but still in the same position. The guidelines and trying to get clients approved for coverage has really become more strict, so it is now much more difficult to get them approved.
Great Place to Work
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 18, 2016
Ameriprise was a great place to work, the work life balance was always there. The management team was encouraging and helpful. The job overall was good, but very stressful, working with customers could sometimes be a challenge.
Pros
Health Care, Pay, Hours
Cons
Stressful
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2016
They care about employees. As far as the product, they really know their stuff. I would recommend as an employer. Healthcare, 401k and retirement start day one of hiring.
Insurance Corporation
Senior Auto II Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIFebruary 15, 2016
High paced environment that provides facilitation and process of auto and home claims with high priority on client service and retention. Affinity based client focus.
Sales/Claims agent
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  green bay, wiAugust 5, 2015
fielded calls for auto,home, and umbrella quotes. Sold policies in accordance with state regulations.

Performed audits, trained, and managed team of total loss adjusters in the claims area.
Pros
benefits and worked from home
Cons
commission, phone que, and strict auditing guidelines.
Large Call Center
Client Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 31, 2015
A very high volume call center with so much to do and remember it close to impossible to be perfect. Only the people who live, eat, breathe their job will reach the companies goals set for the stats.
Pros
Good shifts, beautiful facility with big windows
Cons
Rotating Saturday shifts, red tape, very corprate environment
Good Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greem Bay WIJanuary 5, 2015
Answer in coming calls
Help insureds with their claims
I have learned how auto and home coverage works
Co-workers are great
Benefits
Cons
Shift Selection
optimisic future of company at expense of bad work/life balance
Inside Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIAugust 3, 2014
Ameriprise is growing and runs a successful organization and has an outstanding strategic direction. However you must be prepared to be on the phone and not look to have a valued input into changes or improvement in the company. Biggest downfall is the fact that your schedule changes every 6 months and if you are tenured and sell the best you get your schedule, but those that aren't at the top and have any commitments outside of work, be prepared to have trouble, and getting time off is not easy because they are more concerned about service levels than anything else.
Pros
High commission, growing
Cons
serious micromanagement, terrible work/life balance, limited future
Okay place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIJuly 29, 2014
It wasn't bad but nothing long term. You need to be there a LONG time for any advancement, and there are favorites hence why the managers are all friends. Benefits were not bad.
Ameriprise
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIJuly 8, 2014
Stable work environment...always busy...ton of overtime in the summer
Pros
job security
Cons
never a slow moment...get micro managed....constant overtime
Growth Options
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 8, 2014
A lot of advancement opportunity for front line claims handlers.
Customer Service Associate
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 8, 2014
Answer in-coming calls in regards with members' questions and concerns.
Pros
Very patient, willing to go above and beyond for customers' satisfaction
Great Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIMarch 22, 2014
A really easy place to work. Offers really good benefits and the good amount of training.
hard working fast pased environment
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 29, 2014
Looking for a great company that works hard but still knows how to have fun. Also co-workers who are understanding, helpful and friendly.
Fun culture
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WISeptember 25, 2013
I enjoyed my position as an insurance sales agent at Ameriprise. It was a challenging and fun place to work. I learned the day to day operations of the insurance business and obtained my property and casualty license in 44 states.
Professional place to work, had a work out facility, Benefits through the community.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Depere, WI 54115March 16, 2013
I would loggin to my computer and phone when first arriving to work. I would receive to 10 minutes paid breaks during the day and a 30 minute non-paid lunch. I would receive incoming phone calls from various states about auto/home policies. My calls would range from clients calling about billing issues, moving from state to state, changing coverage, adding and removing vehicles, cross selling products and many more inquires,

I learned many skills with my position and a lot about auto and home insurance.

The management at Ameriprise was mostly consistent. There were of course some Managers that were more helpful than others, while others liked to display all of the warm fuzzy's.

I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers. I mentored with them and for them. Everyone was very approachable. I can't even begin to say how wonderful everyone that I worked with truly was.

The hardest part of my job was changing shifts every 6 months.

I loved working with all of the different clients from different states and different nationalities. It was very rewarding helping each and everyone. Insurance can be very hard to understand and confuses a lot of people so to help our clients with all of there needs was amazing,
Pros
on site cafeteria, on site bank, dry cleaning, profeesional atmosphere
Cons
guidelines set the same for everyone, no exceptions made. shift's change every 6 months
Great employee atmosphere
Relationship Agent/ Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WISeptember 9, 2012
Ameriprise is a great place to start but hard to advance into management, friendly employees and nice atmosphere.
Pros
gym, cafeteria
Cons
long periods of sitting, overtime required on regular basis
Call center for auto insurance
Client Service Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIApril 26, 2012
Always take around 50 calls a day, with very little down time. Co-workers are great, but they don't stick around for long.
A lot of the people you talk to are pleasant and sweet.
Pros
gourmet cafeteria during normal hours
Cons
short breaks, late hours for an auto insurance company