Ameriprise Financial Employee Reviews

Unprofessional
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 30, 2016
The office I was in was uncomfortable due to inappropriate comments that were made. The job I was offered was not at all that was presented to me.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No benefits
Great!
Administrative Projects Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 22, 2016
Great place to be working as an intern. It seems like everyone loves their job. Everyone is very team oriented and hard working.
happy to work there again.
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 16, 2016
manager is very friendly with us. felt very comfortable over there while working with that client.Used to have lot of fun.
Great job
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 13, 2016
This was my favorite job. I learned so many different things that only advanced me. Management needs some help with communicating. I was there for a year and half and at my 6 month review I was told I was doing great, at my year review I was told I was doing great and at my 1 1/2 year review I was told the same thing. Only to be laid off in October because in their eyes I didn't "own my position". If I wasn't meeting their expectations or needed improvement in areas there was plenty of time to be told to do so. The hardest part of the job was working on events when tasked with scheduling conference rooms for over 20 advisors, buying all office supplies, stocking the kitchen, scheduling appointments, and basically anything that needed to be done. I loved this job and the company. Great pay, great benefits, great atmosphere.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers were friendly, Monday-Friday job
Cons
Not being able to leave for lunch, lack of communication
Definitely a great company
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2016
I enjoyed working for Ameriprise and wouldn't mind joining this company again in the near future. I developed not only within my career, but I developed as an individual as well.
Productive and fun workplace with many opportunities for learning.
Planning Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 7, 2016
A typical day at work includes client outreach (setting appointments, checking in, preparing mailing for clients, and assisting with any client questions via email or telephone), data entry, and meeting preparation. I have learned and mastered many skills during my four years at Ameriprise such as data entry, customer service, microsoft office, meeting prep, multitasking, meeting deadlines, etc. I have found the work environment to be pleasant and my co-workers encouraging. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I helped lessen the burden of a client's financial situation.
Solid company that invests in employees
VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 2, 2016
I spent most of my career to date with Ameriprise and have nothing but good things to say about the company- and anything that might not have been optimal I'm sure I could say about any group of people/company. Excellent opportunities for advancement, strong commitment to employee training and growth. Challenging assignments. Excellent benefits. Solid Pay.
Pros
Great place to grow
Cons
Normal culture issues existing in any company
Fun work environment but terrible workload.
Ac1 Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 31, 2016
Great company but the work load that they put on their employees is the reason they have 20+% turn over in their claims rolls.
Pros
Very relaxed for a claims position. No standard adherence.
Cons
Very Disorganized company. Very little guidance on company procedures.
good work envoirment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Radford, VAOctober 26, 2016
My favorite thing about Ameriprise Financial is that they have the most CFP holders of any financial planning firm in the USA. This illustrates their moral and legal obligation to put the client first at all times.
The company is great to work for but...
ParaPlanner (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 23, 2016
Ameriprise is a very progressive company with a great CEO. However the local office that I worked in was ran by someone who was very calculating and who played on my emotions to get me to leave so he could replace me with a family member. I will never forget what he did to me.
Pros
Good company overall.
Cons
Not all of the franchise owners are honest and compassionate of others.

Want to know more about Ameriprise Financial?

Ask a question
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 18, 2016
Good work-life balance / integration
Large company pros - good benefits, lots of areas for future career moves, training, learning from and with smart colleagues, some interesting projects
Pros
Good work-life balance / integration" .Company has integrity, good people and good benefits"
Cons
"Awful work life balance the work load is very extensive"
15 years ago
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 16, 2016
I worked there 15 years ago. It was unpleasant. They were involved in a lawsuit in how they treated women. It may have changed since then.
Great Experience
Financial Planning Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 13, 2016
A typical day at work included doing special projects for my employers. When clients would come in I would greet them, ask them if they wanted a beverage, and if they had any questions I would answer them.

I learned how a financial services practice is run, and how to interact with clients. I would sit in on client meetings, so I could be able to do this in the future. They prepared me in every way possible to be a financial advisor.

Management and co-workers were great. They helped me whenever they could, and answer questions I had about the business or a specific project I was working at.

The hardest part of the job was taking the tests to be licensed and become a financial advisor. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting hands on experience and learning from my employers.
Fast paced insurance company.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WI 54115October 10, 2016
Review calendars and emails of senior leaders that I support, assist with any schedule changes, etc. Prepare documents, equipment, etc. as necessary for meetings. Schedule travel when necessary. Submit expense reports and / or invoices for payment. The hardest part of the job would be juggling 5 leaders within 3 different departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the leaders that I support, assisting them within their respective departments, and getting to work with the amazing people on their teams.
Pros
Opportunities to learn and drive change.
Cons
No flexibility. Would enjoy a better work / life balace.
Fun company
Financial Advisor, Ameriprise Advisor Center (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 6, 2016
It was a fun place to work but the management very rarely listened to the financial advisors before implementing changes that were vital to the financial planner role in the AAC.
Really fun place to work
LONG TERM CARE/POLICY CHANGE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 5, 2016
I worked in the policy change department. A typical day would consist of answering phone calls from brokers and clients in regards to their Life Insurance policy. I would calculated premiums based on changes they wanted to make. I was also responsible for inputting changes to Long Term Care policies based on a rate increase in each state.
Pros
Fun work enviornment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 3, 2016
Very productive throughout the day, greeting clients before their meeting with Advisors. Collect and gather paperwork from clients and input sensitive information into the system.
Pros
Lunch meetings and gatherings
Cons
No opportunity for growth
Great place to work at
Administrative Assistant - Finance (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 1, 2016
Ameriprise was a secure facility. It was always a great place to go to and learn something new every day. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Excellent Company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 30, 2016
American Express is a very good company to associate with. I believe in the direction of the current CEO and other executive leadership. I believe in the cultural direction of the firm.
peoplesoft techno funcional analyst
PeopleSoft Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 29, 2016
My organizational and communication skills are well demonstrated in my work experiences in nonprofit,
corporate and organization settings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ameriprise Financial. Our community is ready to answer.