Ameriprise Financial Employee Reviews

Awesome work life balance
Team Leader (Analyst) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 3, 2016
You will love working here if you are looking for satisfying work and personal life balance. Lot of opportunity to showcase performance and to advance in your career. Great employee retention plans and policies. You can think of a very long term career here.
Pros
Great work life balance
Great Job with great clients
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIFebruary 1, 2016
This job was very new to me I learned a lot. They were very patient and kind with teaching me everything I need to learn about financial information such as trades, stocks and bonds and also about saving for my future
Very GoodPlace to work
Java Developer/Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 31, 2016
My Experience with Ameriprise Financial is very Good.
Worklife balance is there.It's a caring culture, with good work / life balance, leaders who are flexible and have real expectations of employees and they act with high integrity.
was a good place to work at the beginging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIJanuary 30, 2016
I worked for Ameriprise Auto and Home Insurance for almost 10 years. It went from a small customer based insurance company that cared about it's customers as individuals to a larger customer based insurance company that did not look at the customer as much as a person but as a number and it's employees much the same. Growth changed the company and made it a hard place to work and feel valued, or feel like I was making a difference for my customers.
Pros
vacation time, co-worders, work enviroment, salary
Cons
not customer focused only number driven, management, company moral, company initiatives
Great company with great resources and training
Financial Planning Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Ameriprise provides their employees with ton of resources and training in order to provide their clients with the best service.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Too competitive
Comfortable working environment
Receptionist/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 27, 2016
• Be first impression customers see and work with when entering office.
• Answer phones and direct them to appropriate destinations or schedule.
• Handle office paperwork scanning and other financial documentation, budget.
Loyal workforce and steady company
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 25, 2016
Ameriprise is what you make it. If you can manage your time and work properly you can achieve a great work/life balance. Good benefits and people stay at the company.
Competitive and fun place to work
Manager of Franchise Recruiting and Engagement (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2016
- Culture of learning and personal development
- Cooperative success through teamwork and shared responsibility
- Significant investment in leadership development
Never again
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXJanuary 18, 2016
By far the worst work experience I've ever had. The branch I was at was like a franchise and the 2 partners were horrible managers that fought with each other every time they were near one another.
Productive, safe workplace
Business Continuity Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 13, 2016
Daily tasks consisted of attending meetings in the mornings. Following meetings, I often worked on sifting through documents to find information for the business to put into an intranet database for the company.

Want to know more about Ameriprise Financial?

Ask a question
Good company to make your start
Ameriprise Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 12, 2016
Ameriprise is a great company to start. The pay does not reflect the additional skills and experience you gain thru your career. The people are great. I loved the environment and will miss my co-workers.
Pros
People, Culture
Cons
Pay is not that well
Fun workplace and nice people to work with.
Site Administrator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2016
In all my years of working at Ameriprise Financial Services, I had a great working relationship with all the managers and staff. It was like a family and since they knew I was conscientious about doing a good job, they let me do my job and if I had any issues I was comfortable enough with everyone that I could get assistance from them.
Pros
Excellent benefits including a 401K and retirement plan along with stock ownership of the company.
A good place to work
Trade Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 6, 2016
A good place to work but pay needs to be higher. Good people, work place and home balance is good. ability to obtain a lot knowledge here.
Great benefits and work atmosphere
Licensing, Compensation and Client Transitions (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 5, 2016
I Have worked for a few different leaders in this company. This company has great benefits package, including competitive paid time off, 401k match and pays 75% of your group benefits.
Management and working on different modules
Senior Programmer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 22, 2015
developed my leadership as well as technical skills. Worked with many cross commit teams and also worked in distributed systems when I was supporting I&A systems at Ameriprise.
Very fun environment
Recruiter/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CADecember 18, 2015
Everyone is a team player no one is left behind. We support one another and encourage one another. I loved interacting with all the customers and catering to their needs.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
short breaks
Nightmare
financial advisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 18, 2015
This might be the worst place to go, not only to work, but to get any kind of financial advice. When I worked there as an advisor, the only consideration as to what kind of financial plan to create for a client was "let's figure out what brings in the highest commission". There was never any consideration (though we went through the motions) for the clients financial situation, it was all about the commission. All we were instructed to do was present as a solution, in most cases the most inappropriate financial products given the clients circumstances, but solutions that would generate the most commission. Anyone who goes to Ameriprise, either to work or for financial advice is making a big mistake.
Very limited interaction with others in the office
INVESTMENT ADVISOR REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNDecember 9, 2015
Strong company with plenty of opportunities. Very number driven. Learned a lot about investments and how to interact with clients and potential clients.
Good company
Financial Assistant, Senior associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 9, 2015
I enjoyed working at ameriprise financial. I would recommend to work here for anyone interested in the financial and call center field.
horrible
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 24, 2015
No growth for assistant. Typical day expenses, expense, filing, meeting, meeting, more meeting and take all work home with you. Didn't learn anything new. Management sucks. I have never felt so belittle in a workplace. Worst place to work. So many lay offs! Good luck! Hardest part is no structure.