Ameriprise Financial

Ameriprise Financial Employer Reviews

Very stable and successful company to work for.
Brokerage Equity Trader (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 29, 2015
A large Fortune 500 company, Ameriprise Financial never took bailout money during the 2008 recession. One of the top places to work in the Twin Cities with a strong national presence in the financial industry. I worked in the brokerage service department helping clients and financial advisors in the field with equity, option and mutual fund trades. I worked with very experienced licensed traders. The best part of the my job was the years I worked from home through a remote virtual office.
Ameriprise is very family oriented, and a fun place to work.
Administrative Assistant/Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: my boss and co-workers made my job very enjoyable.
Cons: long drive from afton to downtow minneapolis. would like like to get a job closer to home.
The environment around Ameriprise was very family oriented and a fun place to work.
Working with traders was a challenge. If the market was up the traders were in a great mood. If the market was done they were not in the best mood.
My co-workers and my boss made my job very enjoyable.
I have great energy, and I am very passionate about health care.
Franchise Advisor of Ameriprise Financial
Licensed Paraplanner, Office/Operations Manager (Current Employee), Dayton OhJanuary 27, 2015
Trading, Operations, distributions, new accounts, service of accounts, client sales
Great work environment
Head Intern (Current Employee), Canton, OhioJanuary 25, 2015
Ameriprise has been a wonderful place to work. I have learned a lot while working at this internship.
Innovative, Forward-Thinking Firm
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee), Great Lakes RegionJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: thoughtful leadership
Cons: compensation not competitive with larger broker-dealers
Ameriprise is still small enough that you can actually connect the right people in order to drive results. Management is doing the right things for the right reasons. Great corporate culture.
High endurance and organizational job.
Mail Room Attendant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 21, 2015
Pushed a cart with mail bags; delivered and sorted mail for three floor levels.
Great work environment and brilliant coworkers
Site IT Lead (Current Employee), Menlo Park, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Learn a lot handling the technical part of the job and also in building and maintaining the relationship between the local office and corporate.
nice place to work at
Web Administrator (Former Employee), MNJanuary 14, 2015
nice place to work and excellent working environment and nice management, friendly co-workers
Productive work environment provides great team building skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks and military routines
Great leadership
provided general medical care to active duty and retired military personel and their families
Ethical financial institution with lots of room for growth
HR Service Representative (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: room for growth, recognition, benefits such as pension plan
Cons: short lunches, phone queue
I have been with Ameriprise Financial for 2+ years now and have experienced many benefits of working for a large, well-known, and respected financial company in a tough industry. I started as a Customer Contact Professional assisting advisors, advisor's staff, and clients with Ameriprise processes for changing ownership on accounts, adding/updating beneficiaries, managing through a divorce, and estate settlements. I had to be knowledgable on all Ameriprise Products and several different processes. I am currently working as an HR representative which is allowing me to experience a different aspect of the company. I currently assist advisors, advisor's staff, and employees with any questions they have regarding company benefits and payroll. I have been more than pleased with my co-workers and leaders. I feel Ameriprise Financial has a strong moral stance in the financial industry and we are a respected company which means a lot to me. I am always proud to say I work for Ameriprise Financial.
SWAGGGERRR
Finance intern (Former Employee), New YorkJanuary 13, 2015
I love working here it is awesome I love my life love. Chicken nuggets are mad good. Yolo Yolo YOLO.
Great training but no work life balance
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 13, 2015
Sales oriented culture with minumum work life balance. I did like that the company taught be a lot about finance and has an EXCELLENT training program. I wouldve stayed with this company if they had a better set schedule. This will be a great starter job for someone out of college but will have to be ver assertive with sales goals.
Poor Mangagement Team
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 13, 2015
I have never worked for a company that has little to no leadership. Employees are numbers not people. You say one wrong thing that someone takes wrong and you will be canned. My advice, keep looking for other opportunities or never stop looking for a better alternative. Most corporate companies appreciate you. This one will not.
Its an OK place to work
Senior Auditor (Former Employee), Minneapolis MNJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: time off, pay, benefits
Cons: management can be mean, very competetive
This is a great place to work. It is however a little soul sucking but challenging and fun.
This company is really pretty good
Operations Engineer/IIS Administrator (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 8, 2015
It is good for fresher's. Work atmosphere is much pretty good. But for interns it is very nice place to work and learn. It is good for any employees to grow higher in career.
Financial Planning Spring 2015 Intern (Current Employee), Melville, NYJanuary 8, 2015
This internship taught me a lot about the wealth management field
Ameriprise is a wonderful company overall.
Assistant (Current Employee), Rapid City, SDJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: very flexible with my schedule
Cons: no benefits, no raises in 2 years.
A typical day at work would involve answering phones, servicing customer with their statements/accounts, money movement, using document developer to update SPS accounts, typing letters or correspondence. Doing paperwork for clients to open accounts, add features and move money. I learned a lot about managing money and helping clients with documents.
The management is not very educated in managerial skills. The reviews were more about cleaning than actual work and how to get more clients and business. That was the hardest part of the job.
My co-worker and I got a long very well. We used team work on a lot of projects and also helped one another when ever needed. It is very pleasant working with her. That was the most enjoyable part of the job and getting to know the clients.
Productive place to work
Operations-Dividend Clerk (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 5, 2015
Good place to work, unfortunately my division was phased out and relocated to another state.
Friendly, comfortable job with high demand of service
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee), De Pere, WIJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: positive work environment
Cons: changing of shifts
Working at Ameriprise was a very rewarding job. I loved being able to help clients with there auto and home insurance when they had questions or changes that needed to be made. The call volume when I was employed was higher than normal so after ending one call another one would immediately come in. Because of the high call volume I worked a large amount of overtime to help the company. My co-workers were very fun and friendly. If I every needed assistance or had a question they were always there to help. The hardest part about this job was working with such high call volume and having to tell clients information they didn't want to hear. Being patience and staying calm is very important. The best part about this job was being able to help customers with any questions or issues they had and making them happy. Knowing that I was able to effectively assist them at the end of each call.
Great desk job
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee), De Pere, WIDecember 31, 2014
Pros: great benefits, wonderful work environment.
Cons: sit at a desk all day. short breaks.
This is a great company to work for. The work environment is healthy & supportive. The benefits they offer are one in a million.

Great job if you can handle constant calls coming in to service clients insurance policies.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ameriprise Financial

It's no surprise that Ameriprise Financial is a leading provider of financial advice. The company offers financial planning, products, – Read more