Ameriprise Financial

Ameriprise Financial Employer Reviews

Decent place to intern.
Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
I worked at Ameriprise as an intern. I'd rate the overall experience as just okay. My bosses weren't there a lot of the time so that was a big con. It was an okay experience overall but wish I learned more.
bland, monotonous
robot service associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 23, 2015
Pros: air conditioned building, parking, toilet paper.
Cons: everything else
Awful job. Best sugar coaters in the industry. compensation is awful for the work you do. The most enjoyable part of the job is clocking out for the day.
Relaxed, "no pressure" workplace
Lead Software Developer (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 16, 2015
Pros: relaxed environment, overall happy workplace
Cons: contractors get only small desks (no cubes); outdated computer hardware
A great company to work for. Relaxed job culture. Teammates are always happy to help and there is little pressure. Management is very understanding. The only problem is somewhat outdated hardware (laptops) that you are working on.
Over all fun place to work
Annuity Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 15, 2015
fun place to work with lots of opportunities to grow. i had work for Ameriprise for over 23yrs and was laid off. When a new opportunity came the company is willing to rehire and with reinstatement as though you never left, Great company to work for.
experience
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 15, 2015
It was a fun and great experience. The only problem was that there wasn't any opportunity to advance. Good environment and wonderful people.
Family Environment within the staff
S (Former Employee), Las Vegas NVMarch 11, 2015
Requires a professional demeanor. Multi-tasking is a must with the ability to remember large quantities of information. Income is varied depending on your own performance.
good equipment, decent schedule
International Captain (Current Employee), Newburgh, NYMarch 5, 2015
excellent company. strong financials. great people to work for. not a lot of advancement within department. average salary.
It was good for what it was while it lasted
Brokerage Operations (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: lots of vacation time, sick leave, was never for want of either
Cons: massive lack of advancement, promotions were based on who your buddies were, once saw a guy who lost a client check for $400, 000 get promoted to the accounting department
It was good for an introduction to the financial services industry, but for some reason I found it impossible to advance within the ranks of the company. Gives me a foul taste in my mouth to this day.
Results driven culture
Business Analyst, Brokerage Program Office (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: results driven with intent on rewards
Cons: over burden of outsourcing to cut costs.
Financial Services is a stressful and demanding industry. At Ameriprise if you accomplish your goals, you are well rewarded. The downside is that it breeds a culture of "under promise to over deliver" in chasing down larger chucks of annual bonuses.

The skilled workers in the project management and back office processing groups were continually impressed by management to "do more with less" outside of re-engineering processes, to drive a better shareholder report. Yet the financial rewards went to the independently contracted sales people in greater proportions for achieving goals which they provided no impact (system uptime or best trade pricing).
Great
Intern (Former Employee), Wellesly, MAFebruary 24, 2015
A great place to work. I learned a lot during the time I did internship. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I met a lot of young motivated people that are looking to work hard.
Good Work Culture
Release Lead /Operations/ Production Support (Current Employee), Minneapolis,MinneotaFebruary 11, 2015
I have learned to work under stress and deliver my best out of it.
Co-workers are very helping and gets best out of you.
Good Work-life balance.
Appreciation
Great franchise
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: brand image, technology, flexibility
Cons: 1098 so no benefits
Nationally respected brand and a pioneer in offering financial planning. I was associated with AMPF as a franchised Advisor. Great home office support, solid technology platform.
The opportunity is what you make of it.
Very knowledgable work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Braintree, MAFebruary 5, 2015
I was an assistant to Octavia Serpa. She was a financial advisor for Ameriprise Financial. I would prepare paperwork and documents for Octavia so she can meet with clients. Typical day was:
1. Start work at 9.
2. Prepare folders for the appointment that Octavia had for the day.
3. Prepare folders and paperwork for the clients for the next day.
4. Sit down with Octavia and talked about what needs to be done and how to gather new clients.
5. Answer phones and schedule new appointments.
6. Close up and clean up for the next day.
Productive and fun workplace.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Warrenville, ILFebruary 2, 2015
I've learned many new things working for Ameriprise. I've learned how planning for retirement works. As well as many other important things I would need to have in my life. I work for great people. My co-workers are all very polite and respectful. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting wonderful clients and building relationships with them.
Regional Lead
Regional Lead Examiner (Former Employee), Minneapolis MNJanuary 30, 2015
Responsible for conducting the compliance oversight and inspections for one of the firm’s seven regional sales districts. Responsibilities including coordinating branch office inspection with other examiners, annual audits of Offices of Supervisory Jurisdiction (OSJ), assessing the compliance abilities of field leadership.
Very stable and successful company to work for.
Brokerage Equity Trader (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 29, 2015
A large Fortune 500 company, Ameriprise Financial never took bailout money during the 2008 recession. One of the top places to work in the Twin Cities with a strong national presence in the financial industry. I worked in the brokerage service department helping clients and financial advisors in the field with equity, option and mutual fund trades. I worked with very experienced licensed traders. The best part of the my job was the years I worked from home through a remote virtual office.
Ameriprise is very family oriented, and a fun place to work.
Administrative Assistant/Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: my boss and co-workers made my job very enjoyable.
Cons: long drive from afton to downtow minneapolis. would like like to get a job closer to home.
The environment around Ameriprise was very family oriented and a fun place to work.
Working with traders was a challenge. If the market was up the traders were in a great mood. If the market was done they were not in the best mood.
My co-workers and my boss made my job very enjoyable.
I have great energy, and I am very passionate about health care.
Franchise Advisor of Ameriprise Financial
Licensed Paraplanner, Office/Operations Manager (Current Employee), Dayton OhJanuary 27, 2015
Trading, Operations, distributions, new accounts, service of accounts, client sales
Great work environment
Head Intern (Current Employee), Canton, OhioJanuary 25, 2015
Ameriprise has been a wonderful place to work. I have learned a lot while working at this internship.
Innovative, Forward-Thinking Firm
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee), Great Lakes RegionJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: thoughtful leadership
Cons: compensation not competitive with larger broker-dealers
Ameriprise is still small enough that you can actually connect the right people in order to drive results. Management is doing the right things for the right reasons. Great corporate culture.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ameriprise Financial

It's no surprise that Ameriprise Financial is a leading provider of financial advice. The company offers financial planning, products, – Read more

Ameriprise Financial Salaries