Ameriprise Financial

Ameriprise Financial Employee Reviews

A wonderful place to work
Part time/temporary (Former Employee), North Wilkesboro, NCMay 22, 2015
Pros: Great environment, employer, customers
Cons: none
I enjoyed working at Ameriprise. It is a great place to work. My employer retired, else I would have stayed. There wasn't a hard part of this job.
One of the best places to work!!!!
Customer Professional II (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 8, 2015
Pros: excellent team, great benefits
Cons: some policies could change to suit individuals needs
My time at Ameriprise was awesome. I had a great team and I was lucky to be a part of Ameriprise. It was my fault how things ended, I should have never quit. I thought I was getting a better opportunity at another company, but I wish now I would have stayed at Ameriprise. I wish I could come back but, I but am very lucky to have a great job now (not the one I left Ameriprise for) and enjoy going to work everyday.
Fun place to work
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 7, 2015
Great atmosphere with lots of great people to work with! They will make sure they take care of you when it comes to your career.
Down to Earth, Good People
Paraplanner (Current Employee), Edina, MNMay 4, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Growth Opportunities
Good culture, not much room for growth opportunities. Work on the franchise advisor side of the business. Not sure how it differs from the corporate side. Overall a good experience.
My day to day work day
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), St. Cloud MNApril 30, 2015
I was an analyst and would look through through information given to us by the clients to put into a portfolio.
I had a really good friend working with me.
Good Experience
Intern (Former Employee), Portsmouth, NHApril 27, 2015
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: None
Only interened and it was for 1 financial advisor in her own office. No pay but learned a lot and prepared me for my first job. Good hours and good operations
Untruthful information during interview process
Service Delivery (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 22, 2015
Pros: Co workers
Cons: Where do I start
Where to start. During the interview process they stress customer service. Once you start training, that all goes out the window. Leaders couldnt care less about ther "service" aspect and only stress call reduction methods. You are in constant scrutiny on your phone stats and how long you may have been before you took the next call. If you are not in a ready state for more than 3 minutes they will hunt you down. No customer service focus as they stress. Shifts change every 6 months and are supposably tied to performance. (Yeah right) I am a top performer in my department in stats and somehow got the late shift when others who show up late every day and call in sick once a week somehow got the preferred shift. Oh and PTO, forget about that. They give you a ton but never approve your time. And you have to use you're own PTO for company holidays. What a crock. My advice, stay away from phone teams and service delivery as a whole. You're just another number, unless you're a brown noser. Good luck!

I can't get out of here soon enough.
Allows you to grow your leadership skills
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 13, 2015
The company offers plenty of opportunities to build leadership skills. The company has a number of different social organizations that any employee can become a member of.
Cozy Work Environment
Academic Internship (Former Employee), Farmington, CTApril 13, 2015
Pros: Spent a lot of time meeting with clients outside of the office
Cons: Lots of paperwork
Although I only interned with a small branch of Ameriprise Financial, I learned a great deal about working with customers to achieve the most successful investment strategies, utilizing Ameriprise Financial service, and working in a professional environment.
Associate Financial Advisor
Associate Financial Advisor (Current Employee), NCApril 7, 2015
Good position to start your career but make sure if its an independent firm they have spelled out clearly how you will move up the ladder and how or if you will be transitioned clients from Sr. advisors. You may be better off going to the bank channel.
Want to relocate
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIApril 5, 2015
The company is a good place to work. To many restrictions on personal days off. Scheduled breaks. I want to move to Oregon.
Great company with good values
Office support role for financial advisors (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 1, 2015
I worked for one of the largest advisory practices in America, and was given many opportunities to grow and expand my competencies. The company treats their employees right, and I stayed for a long time because of the company environment.
Sr. Business Analyst Brokerage (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
Office manager/client services specialist (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 26, 2015
very professional work place, great people to work with., this was a low stress work place. The hardest thing about this job was all the time I spent alone in the office. The best part of the job was the people that I worked with.
Not a good place to work for job security
Client Service Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, long hours
I worked for Ameriprise as a temp not a good experience because you work long hours therefore you and no life outside of work. In addition, communication from management sucks.
Decent place to intern.
Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
I worked at Ameriprise as an intern. I'd rate the overall experience as just okay. My bosses weren't there a lot of the time so that was a big con. It was an okay experience overall but wish I learned more.
bland, monotonous
robot service associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 23, 2015
Pros: air conditioned building, parking, toilet paper.
Cons: everything else
Awful job. Best sugar coaters in the industry. compensation is awful for the work you do. The most enjoyable part of the job is clocking out for the day.
Relaxed, "no pressure" workplace
Lead Software Developer (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 16, 2015
Pros: relaxed environment, overall happy workplace
Cons: contractors get only small desks (no cubes); outdated computer hardware
A great company to work for. Relaxed job culture. Teammates are always happy to help and there is little pressure. Management is very understanding. The only problem is somewhat outdated hardware (laptops) that you are working on.
Over all fun place to work
Annuity Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 15, 2015
fun place to work with lots of opportunities to grow. i had work for Ameriprise for over 23yrs and was laid off. When a new opportunity came the company is willing to rehire and with reinstatement as though you never left, Great company to work for.
experience
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 15, 2015
It was a fun and great experience. The only problem was that there wasn't any opportunity to advance. Good environment and wonderful people.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ameriprise Financial

It's no surprise that Ameriprise Financial is a leading provider of financial advice. The company offers financial planning, products, – Read more

Ameriprise Financial Salaries