Ameriprise Financial Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company
Service Professional /Expert (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 16, 2016
Ameriprise is a great company to work for. The employees are easy to collaborate with and everyone works together as a team.
Fun environment.
Customer Service II (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 16, 2016
Productive meetings in regards to process improvement. Brainstorming ideas to build and continue employee engagement.
n/a
Lead and develop (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2016
Great culture with an emphasis on Lean management. Currently in a challenging environment however the company has enough capital to look to grow in the near future.
Excellent place to work at!
Para-planner & Customer Service (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJune 5, 2016
It was a pleasure working for Roman Quisol III. I learned lots from Roman since he extremely knowledgeable about the Financial Markets and always gives the best financial advice to his clients since he always put their needs first.
Pros
Great place to work at....
Cons
Being a part-time position, it would have been nice getting more hours.
Great Culture
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 31, 2016
Great company. Great people and great culture. Management is very helpful. Everyone works on their own book of business.
Good place to work, Strong Benefits
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIMay 25, 2016
I really liked working for Ameriprise as a company. They had great benefits and a good culture, however I could not keep up with company goals and was not enjoying my job
Pros
Great Pay, Great Benefits
Cons
Continuing increase of job requirements
Ameriprise Financial Services
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 17, 2016
Ameriprise gives you the freedom to run your practice your way hey are very helpful in working with clients to help everyone achieve their goals their technology is the best in the industry in my opinion
Fun Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  5674 Marquesas CircleMay 17, 2016
Family Oriented and ability to grow with company if you are the right fit for them. Need to be a multi tasker and willing to help grow the company.
great company but hard to get started as an advisor
Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 15, 2016
Love the company and what it stands for. However as a new advisor you have to work for franchise branches and the company doesn't help or compensate the advisors to hire associates. Unless you have a book a business to bring to the table it is hard to get started with them
Great Company to Work
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2016
The job started early and lasted late but it was hourly so I didn't mind. I learn to improve Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, copying, scanning, faxing and mailing overnight packages. The job was detail oriented which I loved.
Pros
Free Lunches and commutation was paid .
Cons
Sometimes there wasn't enough work to do so the day went slow.
Great company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 12, 2016
Worked on the franchise level. Great co-workers. Company focuses on financial planning. Company has a great technology and CRM software.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Culture of the franchise can be hit or miss.
Fast-paced, goal oriented work
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARMay 9, 2016
A typical day included turning on all computer, setting up phones, and unlocking doors. I was expected to answer all calls and transfer accordingly, greet all clients, and help my coworkers with any administrative assistance that was needed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the clients. The hardest part was learning about the business and how to work with compliance regulations.
I was very happy to intern here.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, VAMay 2, 2016
A typical day for me was just uploading and sifting through client files to have everything on the online file manager. I learned quiet a bit on financial situations and insurance programs. My co-workers were very sweet and helped me out whenever they could and I did the same for them. The hardest part about my internship was knowing it was temporary. I enjoyed everything about my job.
Pros
The work environment was incredibly friendly and supportive.
Great leadership and work environment.
Recruiter, Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 30, 2016
Leadership is actively involved and cares about the condition of the working environment. Positive environment to work within.
Aldi provides an excellent intership experience.
Corporate Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 20, 2016
I learned a lot about finical analysis. There is a good work culture at Ameriprise. As an intern, they exposed me to project work and presentations to a large group.
Great Co-Workers
Para Planner (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 15, 2016
Training lacked structure. However, the office had a family feel. Enjoyed working with my co-workers. Fund selection was not always in the best interest of the clients.
very great company
brokerage customer support rep (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 12, 2016
i really loved my position at target finacial service they have a lot of opportunity for growth loved my position i had very great co workers that made the day go by very fast
Pros
great work enviornment
Cons
to short of breaks
Solid Company
CLIENT SERCVICES COORDINATOR INTERN (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 8, 2016
Industry leader with good workplace culture. The role I was in was just not for me. I did not feel as though I was using my full skill set by sitting on the phone in the call center all day.
Pros
Many information sessions with polished leaders in their respective positions
Cons
Long days on the phone calling
great place to work for over all! been nothing but great to me so far!
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 8, 2016
very good place to work, great management here so far. great work/life balance. Not very easy to get a promotion, need to be fully licensed to.
Good Company
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 31, 2016
Lot's of departments for you to be involved in. The firm is on the cutting edge of the industry. They continue to work towards financial planning, which is very important to the firm's philosophy
Pros
People
Cons
Cube Land