Ameriprise Financial

Ameriprise Financial Employee Reviews

Great workplace with honest advisors and Fun Staff
Registered Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAFebruary 23, 2017
Fast paced demanding job. Client service phone calls and continuous amounts of paperwork for the advisors practice.
Fun at times with the right staff & advisor relationships.
Tax season is the hardest part with clients waiting until the last minute & think you can work magic just for them..
Pros
Benefits, healthcare
Cons
Advisor Cut-Ins, understaffed
Great place to work, whether it is in the Home Office or a Field Office.
Sr. Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 20, 2017
The leadership team at Ameriprise Financial is concerned about their employees and go out of their way to do the right thing for clients, staff, advisors and other team members. It is a great place to work.
Good Company, traditional views
Organization Effectiveness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 19, 2017
I've worked here for 6 years in 3 different departments. Culture varies greatly depending on the department. However, overall, this company is very traditional. They are hierarchical in nature slow moving and conservative. At the same time, they are safe and have consistent results.
Discipline, great work-ethic, fun place to be.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst/UAT Lead (Former Employee) –  Headquarters MNFebruary 18, 2017
Fun place to be where Discipline meets great work-ethic.
I loved the culture and everything about my role while at Ameriprise.
If I am to be asked to re-live my experience, I would go for another role.
Office Manager & Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILFebruary 17, 2017
Good place to work. No benefits though. Hours were great. Great boss. Great people in building. Quiet setting. Close to home.
Very tense environment.
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 6, 2017
The first two years were really good. Due to management changes the last two years were very tense and depressing for me.

Typical work day consisted of working with internal customers to document requirements, and follow-up on inflight projects.
I thought management was overly aggressive on timelines.
Workplace culture for me was tense in my final two years.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation
Cons
Very tense environment.
Assistant
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNFebruary 2, 2017
Prepared financial transaction forms for meetings, checked forms after meetings for completeness, and followed up on transaction. Scanned, copied and submitted forms.
Advisor Training Project Manager (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisFebruary 1, 2017
Great place to work. Great salary/bonus structure. Trouble with advancement though. Would recommend to others. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Cons
Drama within leaderships
Setting a foundation
Paraplanner (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 30, 2017
Good company to work for with a lot of support. Learned a lot about the process of comprehensive financial planning. The work you put in initially can really pay off and do not be afraid to put yourself in new situations and ask for opinions/ help.
Work / Life balance is great, pay is average
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 30, 2017
I worked for an independent broker using the Ameriprise name. Had pretty good work/life balance and office outings. Pay was average but there were no benefits so everything was out of pocket for me (health, dental, etc). Technology was good and easy to learn. Every office is different as far as paperwork so it's not the same across Ameriprise. Be cautious if applying for independent and get what you want in writing and keeps tabs on it.
Pros
Wholesalers always brought in luch 1-2 times a week
Cons
Lack of honestly among owners
Good place to be.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNJanuary 28, 2017
I enjoyed my internship here, though due to the nature of it being an internship, I was only able to catch a glimpse of the inner workings.
N/a
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2017
loved working as a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant. Worked very hard. I enjoyed working at the company. Great colleagues. The hardest part of my job was leaving there.
Setup to fail
Claims Rep 2 (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2017
The company's number one stated core value is integrity, however, the management above the supervisor position has rarely shown any. Anything promised or eluded to should be taken with a grain of salt.

Your workload is artificially made to look low because they do not track transfered files/ work. So while on paper you receive 70 to 80 files, you're really getting 100 to 120. Management will not back you on any decisions you make. If a customer complains, it will be your fault and you will be written up. Forced through by the upper management. Your supervisor will have no power to help you no matter how much they want to. I was not a supervisor.

Pay is for 40 hours a week salary, but are known to need 50-60 per week to catch up within reasonable levels.

In Phoenix you will be considered garbage by the high and mighty DePere, Wi. Office. (Corporate headquarters)
Pros
Covered parking
Cons
Un reasonable expectations, uncaring upper management, toxic work environment, poor benefits package, very high turnover
Great atmosphere and opportunities for advancement in your career.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 10, 2017
Overall was a great experience and there was good training. I enjoyed my time there. I would go back if an opportunity that more aligned with my skill set came open.
System Set up Procedures
Deskside Support Technician - Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2017
Performed IMAC procedures for new employees and upgrading current workers. Used Service Now Job Ticketing to track work assignments. Used ServiceNow SCCM and Active Directory system to configure the systems. Configured and placed the new employee systems at their locations before their starting date. For current workers, configured their new computer, migrated data from existing computer to the new system, and with appointment, exchanged computers to deliver their new computer. Installed RAM into systems; added software to existing systems via network “Push” procedure.
Productive and fun place to work - ping pong table at Service Center
Business Management, Planning and Administration (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 6, 2017
Energetic and results-driven company committed to meeting goals and providing excellent customer service. Solid employee networks to create a positive and productive workplace. Eye on strengthening employee engagement and communities.
Pros
Benefits, Development, Culture
It's what you make it
Project Manager - Advisor Incentives (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 3, 2017
I worked my way up from the mailroom to designing and promoting incentive programs to financial advisors. All without a college degree.

Being part of a large organization you could have many opportunities depending on which way you want to go in the financial services industry.
Pros
the people, challenges and opportunities
Cons
management tends to reorganize quite a bit
Productive WorkPlace
Security Technology Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Technology Ops InternJanuary 2, 2017
I worked this job as a internship and even then it was a wonderful experience for me, The environment was very professional and their cafeteria was amazing
Pros
Great Cafe, Wonderful environment
Cons
nothing
I was not there long
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 23, 2016
I was not there very long but from the time I was there it was great atmosphere, great people and supportive management. It was my first call center job and I realized quickly it was not for me.
Good place to start
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaDecember 20, 2016
It is a great job. Fantasic coworkers. Although an inbound phone queue can be repetitive , it's not so bad. If you enjoy providing good customer service , then this is an ideal job for you. It's important to be on metrics which sometimes you can't control but it's pretty good overall. It's a good way to learn about financial s

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ameriprise Financial. Our community is ready to answer.