Ameriprise Financial Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work, Strong Benefits
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIMay 25, 2016
I really liked working for Ameriprise as a company. They had great benefits and a good culture, however I could not keep up with company goals and was not enjoying my job
Pros
Great Pay, Great Benefits
Cons
Continuing increase of job requirements
Ameriprise Financial Services
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 17, 2016
Ameriprise gives you the freedom to run your practice your way hey are very helpful in working with clients to help everyone achieve their goals their technology is the best in the industry in my opinion
Fun Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  5674 Marquesas CircleMay 17, 2016
Family Oriented and ability to grow with company if you are the right fit for them. Need to be a multi tasker and willing to help grow the company.
great company but hard to get started as an advisor
Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 15, 2016
Love the company and what it stands for. However as a new advisor you have to work for franchise branches and the company doesn't help or compensate the advisors to hire associates. Unless you have a book a business to bring to the table it is hard to get started with them
Great Company to Work
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2016
The job started early and lasted late but it was hourly so I didn't mind. I learn to improve Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, copying, scanning, faxing and mailing overnight packages. The job was detail oriented which I loved.
Pros
Free Lunches and commutation was paid .
Cons
Sometimes there wasn't enough work to do so the day went slow.
Great company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 12, 2016
Worked on the franchise level. Great co-workers. Company focuses on financial planning. Company has a great technology and CRM software.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Culture of the franchise can be hit or miss.
Fast-paced, goal oriented work
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARMay 9, 2016
A typical day included turning on all computer, setting up phones, and unlocking doors. I was expected to answer all calls and transfer accordingly, greet all clients, and help my coworkers with any administrative assistance that was needed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the clients. The hardest part was learning about the business and how to work with compliance regulations.
I was very happy to intern here.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, VAMay 2, 2016
A typical day for me was just uploading and sifting through client files to have everything on the online file manager. I learned quiet a bit on financial situations and insurance programs. My co-workers were very sweet and helped me out whenever they could and I did the same for them. The hardest part about my internship was knowing it was temporary. I enjoyed everything about my job.
Pros
The work environment was incredibly friendly and supportive.
Great leadership and work environment.
Recruiter, Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 30, 2016
Leadership is actively involved and cares about the condition of the working environment. Positive environment to work within.
Aldi provides an excellent intership experience.
Corporate Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 20, 2016
I learned a lot about finical analysis. There is a good work culture at Ameriprise. As an intern, they exposed me to project work and presentations to a large group.
Great Co-Workers
Para Planner (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 15, 2016
Training lacked structure. However, the office had a family feel. Enjoyed working with my co-workers. Fund selection was not always in the best interest of the clients.
very great company
brokerage customer support rep (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 12, 2016
i really loved my position at target finacial service they have a lot of opportunity for growth loved my position i had very great co workers that made the day go by very fast
Pros
great work enviornment
Cons
to short of breaks
Solid Company
CLIENT SERCVICES COORDINATOR INTERN (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 8, 2016
Industry leader with good workplace culture. The role I was in was just not for me. I did not feel as though I was using my full skill set by sitting on the phone in the call center all day.
Pros
Many information sessions with polished leaders in their respective positions
Cons
Long days on the phone calling
great place to work for over all! been nothing but great to me so far!
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 8, 2016
very good place to work, great management here so far. great work/life balance. Not very easy to get a promotion, need to be fully licensed to.
Good Company
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 31, 2016
Lot's of departments for you to be involved in. The firm is on the cutting edge of the industry. They continue to work towards financial planning, which is very important to the firm's philosophy
Pros
People
Cons
Cube Land
Incredible group of people to work with
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 29, 2016
Ameriprise offers a lot of room for growth and opportunity. Wonderful group of people to work with. I received a lot of valuable training while at Ameriprise.
Company asks a lot but rewards can be great
Director (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 29, 2016
Ameriprise Financial has much opportunity for a person who wants to work hard to succeed. Employees are intelligent, educated and motivated. Most leaders have earned their positions through hard work rather than who they know. The company is an industry leader with good returns.

As any big company, they are less committed to you than you are to them and workforce reductions aren't uncommon. But severance is generous.
Pros
Growth opportunities, good benefits
Cons
High expectations, workforce reductions
Typical finance company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJMarch 23, 2016
Typical finance company where a financial advisor can learn the craft, but training program is constantly in flux. Senior advisors are always willing to help with case work, as well as meetings with clients and prospects.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
pay grid
Multimedia Company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYMarch 22, 2016
This company has been bought several times since I have left, and I do not think it is in existence any longer. At the time the company focused on duplication and simple edits for movie studios and advertising agencies.
advisor
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 19, 2016
The more you work, the more money you make. Management is helpful. They paid for my series 7, 63 and insurance license. Job security can be trouble if you cant make sales