Ameriprise Financial Employee Reviews

good place to work
CLIENT SERVICE COORDINATOR/MARKETING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 18, 2017
I enjoy working here. Staff is nice, and clients value our assistance. No poor "corporate culture" and I enjoy flexible hours.

No complaints........
Director of Investments (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAAugust 16, 2017
Low stress; challenging place to work. Culture varies across offices. Management is generally competent. The pay varies widely across job function but tends to be below-average.
Pleasant and productive place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasantville, NYAugust 16, 2017
I started at Ameriprise Financial in 2009. It has a wonderful staff of people and I enjoy working with each and every one of them. I have learned a lot about financial preparation, the stock market, investment options.
Pros
Great people and clients
Cons
No retirement benefits
Ok company. relationship of various related groups is confusing
Consultant - Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 15, 2017
Management support to programs/project are less than expected. Confusing and less than cooperative relationship between various teams involved in a project.
Great Job for Employee Engagement
Trust Benefit Payment Liaison (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 14, 2017
Full Participation in Town Hall meetings. Multiple Face to Face with CEO. Expectiations were clear and measurable which aligned with managers goals.
Pros
Engagement
Cons
Short Breaks
New Experiences Every Day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Downtown MinneapolisAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed my experience working at Ameriprise Financial. I went through almost 3 months of training learning various parts of the companys' departments and how each one integrated with the next.
Fun Workplace and Going the Right Direction (Franchise Side)
Financial Advisor Associate (Current Employee) –  Pacific NorthwestAugust 11, 2017
Everyday is fun to be in the business of serving clients. However, I wish the compensation structure was better for new advisor's entering the business. and what about being an RIA partner?

Anyway, the company invests a bunch in applying new technology and advisor support, but the key to the industry is to compete with simple products, fair price, and direction of the market.
Pros
Home Office Support, Fun Culture, New Technology
Cons
Industry is Changing for the New Generation
Positive and fun workplace
Senior Customer Professional (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 10, 2017
Positive and fun workplace. This company treats their employees well. The environment is all inclusive and welcoming of all cultures and lifestyles.
Good pay and benefits
Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 10, 2017
Working conditions were good and I enjoyed my job. Management was not consistent as there were lots of new initiatives but the follow through was inconsistent.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
Inconsistent management
perfect place to work
Sr. Microsoft SQL Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2017
One of the best place I ever had. working our is typical (8:00AM to 5:00PM). I was able to learn cutting edge technology and enjoyed the friendlinessof the staff.
Good place to work, needed a different manager
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2017
Interesting work, but there was a hidden agenda to eliminate a middleware group that caused numerous issues and problems. This could have been avoided with better management.
Leading Financial Services Company
Manager, HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2017
Ameriprise is a leading company in the Financial Services industry. I have the confidence in knowing that I work for a company that will be around for a long time to come and will continue to make the right decisions in an ever changing economy.
Pros
Financial Planning Benefits
This was a positive place to work in everyday.
Business Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 8, 2017
A lot of positive people work here and do their best to overcome the parts of the job that weigh on anyone. The management here is very concerned with numbers and stress that at every company meeting.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
healthcare costs
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 5, 2017
Ameriprise Financial is one of the best place places to work, Ameriprise provides a work/life environment., friendly people who help encourage you in your quest for moving up in the company. To me there is no hard part of the job, because you are giving every opportunity to achieve.
Great if it's not your "real" career
Brokerage Operations Professional (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 4, 2017
They are not using talent wisely and have the most inept and incompetent people assigned as "leaders". This, in turn, works against them because the talented and dedicated people who work for them are more intelligent and their ideas for streamlining processes get shot down because the "leader" doesn't want to be upstaged.

The pay is really substandard for the industry and they don't support your efforts to get licenses or move up in the company.

So, if you have an opinion on anything or seek to make positive change within a group, this is not your niche. If you're passive and willing to go along with anything, no matter how counterproductive, this is your place.
Pros
There's an onsite cafeteria
Cons
Micromanagement; no career advancement
Wonderful job
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHAugust 3, 2017
My experience can't be assumed for anyone working for Ameriprise because I work for a Franchise advisor, not the corporate office. I am very lucky in that the advisor that I work for is wonderful to work with and for. I have zero complaints. The only reason I would look elsewhere for work is for an opportunity to make more money and work more hours. If these things were possible in the position I have with this advisor, I would never leave.
intern
Intern- one week internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2017
short internship but i got to meet a lot of big wigs and learn how they became so sucessful in their industry. Got to go out in the field with them too
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
one week intership no pay
Excellent Place to work the best job of my life.
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 2, 2017
Very friendly professional and overall great place to work. Always busy and fun environment. Great networking and developmental skills. Hands on inyour face assignments.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Great People, Great Environment
Good company
Financial Planning Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 1, 2017
Nice company to work for. Cares for employees and great culture at office. Teamwork is wonderful and people work together to solve problems that meet the client's needs.
fun place to work, amazing colleagues
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 30, 2017
They stressed training, and made sure everyone had all the training necessary to succeed. We would bounce ideas off of each other trying to figure out how to best help our clients. The hardest part was remembering all the laws and regulations as you wanted to make sure you did your due diligence for legal reasons and the best interest of the client. The best part of the job was working downtown, and with all of the amazing colleagues.
Pros
flexible breaks and lunches, bonus and commissions
Cons
it can be tough building up a client base

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ameriprise Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval