Ameriprise Financial

Ameriprise Financial Employer Reviews

Fine if you don't mind bending over backwards for advisors and management
Registered Support Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches now and again, good way to learn multitude of advisor businesses, cut-ins can be profitable
Cons: too busy to ever take breaks, sometimes overtime that is essentially "unpaid" since you need preapproval first, management doesn't listen (surprise)
If you get in good with an advisor or two, you're usually fine. Most advisors however are the most needy, demanding, unappreciative individuals who won't hesitate to work you like a dog. The "voluntary cut-in program" allows advisors to bonus you, however it's just a way to take the responsibility of paying or bonusing staff off the company itself, – more... as the cut-in comes from advisors paychecks if they even elect to cut you in. You can make a decent bonus though and not feel like an endentured servant trying to learn the industry, if you're lucky enough to work with a good advisor. However, that's up to management who only looks at the production levels of the advisor to determine how many you'll support. Since that's NO indication of how busy you'll be, you can get overwhelmed and for no bonuses. – less
Excellent Company to work for
Columbia management (Current Employee), Providence, RIJuly 20, 2014
Great place to work , advancement opportunities. Excellent management with open dialogue and feedback.
Best place to work
Brokerage Trades Specialist (Current Employee), Las VegasJune 28, 2014
Excellent place to work. Focused on employee empowerement and development
Challenging yet rewarding
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 19, 2014
I worked there 20 years ago. I enjoyed career advancement and salary increases yearly.
A diversified workplace
Brokerage Specialist II (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 17, 2014
A diversified workplace with many different areas to learn in the financial industry (brokerage, mutual funds, life insurance, annuities).
Financial Services
Registered Principal and Operations Director (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAJune 6, 2014
Worked for multiple financial advisers in Iowa. Wrote comprehensive financial plans and provided compliance and risk management services.
High energy position
Registered Support Assistant (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJune 3, 2014
Learned how to multitask such as cashiering, answering telephones for 14 financial advisers as well as work with five financial advisers with $1,000,000 in production.

The branch manager was very supportive of all my efforts. The co-workers were very helpful and fun to work with on a daily basis.

The most difficult part of working at Ameriprise was – more... trying to study for the Series 66 while working 10+ hour daily and taking care of my family life.

Meeting and speaking with clients was the best part of my job as I was able to help them by serving their needs. – less
Unfortunate Manager
Office Administrator and Client Support (Former Employee), Novi, MichiganMay 23, 2014
Pros: interactions with clients and co-workers
Cons: management and 60-70 hours per week
I was extremely professional and had great interaction with all my co-workers and clients. I learned a lot about financial planning and complete management of the office. That was definitely the highlight of my position. However, the offices of Ameriprise Advisors are all franchises and the Manager/Owner of the financial firm I worked for was tyranical, – more... abusive, made numerous jokes of a very unprofessional nature and finally I decided it was time to walk away and start my family. – less
Great company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), De Pere, WIMay 22, 2014
Pros: management very easy to talk to, mentorships, advancement opportunities
Cons: advancement opportunities in only a few business departments, no internships
I really enjoy working for Ameriprise. I feel that the company really does want their employees to do well and promotes from within. There are tons of diversity groups to gain knowledge and further your career.
Best Comprehensive Financial Planning Firm
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 17, 2014
Pros: resource, training and support
Cons: sales, but you know this before you start..just have to work hard.
Excellent place to have a long lasting career as a Financial Advisor. What you put in is what you get out. Great training, resources and support team.
The Ameriprise Adviser Center is a place for monotonous work with no room for personal growth.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2014
The Ameriprise Adviser Center in Las Vegas, NV has changed from a place for young talent interested in the financial industry to gain experience, learn, and grow to a monotonous gear box designed to churn "clients" for their money.
Very productive and busy
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 14, 2014
Cons: healthcare, compensation
On a typical day I answer phone calls from advisors that need assistant with either transferring an account to or from Ameriprise or they need asssistance with opening an new account. I learn new things everyday, there's never a dull moment. The hardest thing about my job is trying to decipher what the caller is asking.
Great place to begin your career
Associate Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Voorhees, NJMay 11, 2014
Ameriprise is a great company to work for and a great place to begin your career. They install an entrepreneurial spirit into their employees and strive to help them achieve excellence.
Pleasant work environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 28, 2014
Pros: good place to work
Cons: lack of career development
- Nice co-workers
- Good benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Management works with every employee to solve issues
- Employee's input is valued
- An Employee Engagement Team is in place to address employees' concerns
great company
Sr. Service Professional (Current Employee), minneapolisApril 22, 2014
Great company but i am looking to be challenged and putting my college degree to use
Great place to start an advisory career
Financial Consultant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 21, 2014
I learned a tremendous amount.

Leads a team of eleven other advisors to facilitate the appropriate business processes and monitoring of client interactions and next steps.
Manages the initial relationship with the client and facilitates the handoff to the Client Relationship Manager team.
Responsible for engaging existing and non-existing clients – more... or prospects in a financial planning relationship to provide comprehensive advice based on the client’s needs.
 Had the highest Q1 conversion rate of initial engagement calls to financial plan sales for Financial Consultants under Sales Director Schiavone. – less
Not a good culture-too profit oriented and not people oriented.
Licensed Brokerage Professional (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 21, 2014
Not a good culture-too profit oriented and not people oriented.
A solid financial company with a vision for growth
Vendor Manager (Former Employee), minneapolis, mnApril 16, 2014
Pros: willingness to invest in the best financial applications
During the 11 years I was with American Express Financial Advisors and the spin off, Ameriprise, I had great opportunity to introduce state of the art technology to take a centralized call center into an international contact center. Ameriprise continued its investment in its technology to stay on the cutting edge of customer relationship management.
misleading company hiring process
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Las VegasApril 11, 2014
The company was great when I started but when they shifted how the employees should operate it negated everything promised from the interviews to obtain the job. I would not tell anyone to seek employment from this company who is a go getter and trend setter.
Good Life Work balance
Analyst (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 10, 2014
Good Life Work balance and competitive salary. Negatives: Micromanagement

1 2 3 4 5

About Ameriprise Financial

It's no surprise that Ameriprise Financial is a leading provider of financial advice. The company offers financial planning, products, – Read more