Ameriprise Financial

Ameriprise Financial United States Employee Reviews

Allows you to grow your leadership skills
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 13, 2015
The company offers plenty of opportunities to build leadership skills. The company has a number of different social organizations that any employee can become a member of.
Cozy Work Environment
Academic Internship (Former Employee), Farmington, CTApril 13, 2015
Pros: Spent a lot of time meeting with clients outside of the office
Cons: Lots of paperwork
Although I only interned with a small branch of Ameriprise Financial, I learned a great deal about working with customers to achieve the most successful investment strategies, utilizing Ameriprise Financial service, and working in a professional environment.
Associate Financial Advisor
Associate Financial Advisor (Current Employee), NCApril 7, 2015
Good position to start your career but make sure if its an independent firm they have spelled out clearly how you will move up the ladder and how or if you will be transitioned clients from Sr. advisors. You may be better off going to the bank channel.
Want to relocate
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIApril 5, 2015
The company is a good place to work. To many restrictions on personal days off. Scheduled breaks. I want to move to Oregon.
Great company with good values
Office support role for financial advisors (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 1, 2015
I worked for one of the largest advisory practices in America, and was given many opportunities to grow and expand my competencies. The company treats their employees right, and I stayed for a long time because of the company environment.
Sr. Business Analyst Brokerage (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
Office manager/client services specialist (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 26, 2015
very professional work place, great people to work with., this was a low stress work place. The hardest thing about this job was all the time I spent alone in the office. The best part of the job was the people that I worked with.
Not a good place to work for job security
Client Service Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, long hours
I worked for Ameriprise as a temp not a good experience because you work long hours therefore you and no life outside of work. In addition, communication from management sucks.
Decent place to intern.
Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
I worked at Ameriprise as an intern. I'd rate the overall experience as just okay. My bosses weren't there a lot of the time so that was a big con. It was an okay experience overall but wish I learned more.
bland, monotonous
robot service associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 23, 2015
Pros: air conditioned building, parking, toilet paper.
Cons: everything else
Awful job. Best sugar coaters in the industry. compensation is awful for the work you do. The most enjoyable part of the job is clocking out for the day.
Relaxed, "no pressure" workplace
Lead Software Developer (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 16, 2015
Pros: relaxed environment, overall happy workplace
Cons: contractors get only small desks (no cubes); outdated computer hardware
A great company to work for. Relaxed job culture. Teammates are always happy to help and there is little pressure. Management is very understanding. The only problem is somewhat outdated hardware (laptops) that you are working on.
Over all fun place to work
Annuity Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 15, 2015
fun place to work with lots of opportunities to grow. i had work for Ameriprise for over 23yrs and was laid off. When a new opportunity came the company is willing to rehire and with reinstatement as though you never left, Great company to work for.
experience
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 15, 2015
It was a fun and great experience. The only problem was that there wasn't any opportunity to advance. Good environment and wonderful people.
Family Environment within the staff
S (Former Employee), Las Vegas NVMarch 11, 2015
Requires a professional demeanor. Multi-tasking is a must with the ability to remember large quantities of information. Income is varied depending on your own performance.
good equipment, decent schedule
International Captain (Current Employee), Newburgh, NYMarch 5, 2015
excellent company. strong financials. great people to work for. not a lot of advancement within department. average salary.
It was good for what it was while it lasted
Brokerage Operations (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: lots of vacation time, sick leave, was never for want of either
Cons: massive lack of advancement, promotions were based on who your buddies were, once saw a guy who lost a client check for $400, 000 get promoted to the accounting department
It was good for an introduction to the financial services industry, but for some reason I found it impossible to advance within the ranks of the company. Gives me a foul taste in my mouth to this day.
Results driven culture
Business Analyst, Brokerage Program Office (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: results driven with intent on rewards
Cons: over burden of outsourcing to cut costs.
Financial Services is a stressful and demanding industry. At Ameriprise if you accomplish your goals, you are well rewarded. The downside is that it breeds a culture of "under promise to over deliver" in chasing down larger chucks of annual bonuses.

The skilled workers in the project management and back office processing groups were continually impressed by management to "do more with less" outside of re-engineering processes, to drive a better shareholder report. Yet the financial rewards went to the independently contracted sales people in greater proportions for achieving goals which they provided no impact (system uptime or best trade pricing).
Great
Intern (Former Employee), Wellesly, MAFebruary 24, 2015
A great place to work. I learned a lot during the time I did internship. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I met a lot of young motivated people that are looking to work hard.
Good Work Culture
Release Lead /Operations/ Production Support (Current Employee), Minneapolis,MinneotaFebruary 11, 2015
I have learned to work under stress and deliver my best out of it.
Co-workers are very helping and gets best out of you.
Good Work-life balance.
Appreciation
Great franchise
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: brand image, technology, flexibility
Cons: 1098 so no benefits
Nationally respected brand and a pioneer in offering financial planning. I was associated with AMPF as a franchised Advisor. Great home office support, solid technology platform.
The opportunity is what you make of it.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ameriprise Financial

It's no surprise that Ameriprise Financial is a leading provider of financial advice. The company offers financial planning, products, – Read more

Ameriprise Financial Salaries