Ameriprise Financial

Ameriprise Financial Employee Reviews

Client Services Manager (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 2, 2015
Strong company with franchisee offices that do very well. When I received my Master's Degree the practice could not afford to pay for the accomplishment.
inconsistent leadership.
Senior Business Analyst, Consultant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 30, 2015
Very decentralized management structure which prevented project teams form successfully working together. Folks were allowed to work from home and many key players did not regularly participate in leadership meetings.
Values Employees
Auto Claims Representative I (Current Employee), De Pere, WIJune 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits, salary, positive environment
Cons: Stressful workload, stressful client base
Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance values its employees and shows this by the employee appreciation events and the benefits & compensation awarded to the employees.
asdf
ASSOCIATE FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2015
The day is fast paced and there is a lot to learn about the business inside and outside of the company. Great place to start if you need to earn your licenses.
Productive and friendly workplace
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 20, 2015
A typical day would be being a part of the meetings,reporting to the team lead and developing test cases and executing them.
Quiet place to work
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Peoria, AZJune 19, 2015
I worked in a small office of Ameriprise with 2-3 other people so most days were very quiet. Everyone was respectful but many days could be very slow and seem to drag on.
Client Interaction Fun
Client Services Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2015
Pros: Free coffee and soda
Cons: Short Lunch Breaks, no Health Insurance, Must be licensed in order to advance
I very much enjoyed client interaction in person and by phone. I did learn that I was not interested in getting licensed and offer advice on investing. I did like the paperwork and solving client issues. This was a 4 person franchise and all the other co-workers were licensed. The hardest part of the job was keeping calendars for 4 people.
All in all a pleasant place to work but needed to leave in order to advance my career. Left in good standing and stayed long enough to train my replacement.
Financial Firm
Lead Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 16, 2015
Great company to work for, very active in the community and positive culture in office. I was blessed to have worked for the firm for the time that I did.
Only person in office, not compatable with my personality
Financial Planning Assistant (Current Employee), Grand Island, NEJune 4, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, Potential for upward movement, close to home
Cons: Work environment, lack of atmosphere
I was hired to take over the Grand Island, NE office for an advisor group out of Norfolk, NE. I struggled in the lonely work environment and felt my personality was not fit for the position. I typically spent the day studying for the required licensing exams in order to start as a Financial Advisor in the industry. I would also, sit in on client meetings, taking notes, help with client paperwork and appointment scheduling. I had no other co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the solitary environment.The enjoyable aspect was that the job offered a ton of potential for upward movement and pay increase, for someone who had the ability to be comfortable in that work environment.
Outstanding management team that taught me what being a financial advisor is all about
Financial advisors intern (Former Employee), Marlton, NJJune 4, 2015
As an intern I learned what financial advisors do on a day to day basis to achieve the ultimate goal, which is a large client base with steady renewals and long term healthy relationships.
Good
Security Officer/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 28, 2015
It's good company with a strong leader. Its focus on financial planning leads to good advice given to its clients. i really enjoy working at Ameriprise
A wonderful place to work
Part time/temporary (Former Employee), North Wilkesboro, NCMay 22, 2015
Pros: Great environment, employer, customers
Cons: none
I enjoyed working at Ameriprise. It is a great place to work. My employer retired, else I would have stayed. There wasn't a hard part of this job.
One of the best places to work!!!!
Customer Professional II (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 8, 2015
Pros: excellent team, great benefits
Cons: some policies could change to suit individuals needs
My time at Ameriprise was awesome. I had a great team and I was lucky to be a part of Ameriprise. It was my fault how things ended, I should have never quit. I thought I was getting a better opportunity at another company, but I wish now I would have stayed at Ameriprise. I wish I could come back but, I but am very lucky to have a great job now (not the one I left Ameriprise for) and enjoy going to work everyday.
Fun place to work
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 7, 2015
Great atmosphere with lots of great people to work with! They will make sure they take care of you when it comes to your career.
Down to Earth, Good People
Paraplanner (Current Employee), Edina, MNMay 4, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Growth Opportunities
Good culture, not much room for growth opportunities. Work on the franchise advisor side of the business. Not sure how it differs from the corporate side. Overall a good experience.
My day to day work day
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), St. Cloud MNApril 30, 2015
I was an analyst and would look through through information given to us by the clients to put into a portfolio.
I had a really good friend working with me.
Good Experience
Intern (Former Employee), Portsmouth, NHApril 27, 2015
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: None
Only interened and it was for 1 financial advisor in her own office. No pay but learned a lot and prepared me for my first job. Good hours and good operations
Untruthful information during interview process
Service Delivery (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 22, 2015
Pros: Co workers
Cons: Where do I start
Where to start. During the interview process they stress customer service. Once you start training, that all goes out the window. Leaders couldnt care less about ther "service" aspect and only stress call reduction methods. You are in constant scrutiny on your phone stats and how long you may have been before you took the next call. If you are not in a ready state for more than 3 minutes they will hunt you down. No customer service focus as they stress. Shifts change every 6 months and are supposably tied to performance. (Yeah right) I am a top performer in my department in stats and somehow got the late shift when others who show up late every day and call in sick once a week somehow got the preferred shift. Oh and PTO, forget about that. They give you a ton but never approve your time. And you have to use you're own PTO for company holidays. What a crock. My advice, stay away from phone teams and service delivery as a whole. You're just another number, unless you're a brown noser. Good luck!

I can't get out of here soon enough.
Allows you to grow your leadership skills
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 13, 2015
The company offers plenty of opportunities to build leadership skills. The company has a number of different social organizations that any employee can become a member of.
Cozy Work Environment
Academic Internship (Former Employee), Farmington, CTApril 13, 2015
Pros: Spent a lot of time meeting with clients outside of the office
Cons: Lots of paperwork
Although I only interned with a small branch of Ameriprise Financial, I learned a great deal about working with customers to achieve the most successful investment strategies, utilizing Ameriprise Financial service, and working in a professional environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ameriprise Financial

It's no surprise that Ameriprise Financial is a leading provider of financial advice. The company offers financial planning, products, – Read more

Ameriprise Financial Salaries