Ameriprise Financial Employee Reviews

Not a very good experience
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Just not a good enviornment
Long hours and little respect. The management team does not respect employees or their needs. With headquarters in MN, they are not aware of the Boston culture or rates. Employees in Boston are hired for the lowest rate and not the best value making projects very hard to deliver.
Without Costco contract no job stability
Sales Agent/ Client Service Professional (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Free Coffee, Medical Benefits start first date of emploement
Cons: Pay, Checks are distributed late, Advancement, Job placement, Mandatory overtime, Sick Pay, Favortisim, Stability
Pro's and Con's speaks for itself. Progressive started underwriting their own home insurance. Progressive and Costco were paying the majority of bills for the Auto & Home Ins. department. Without Progressive expect drawbacks. Costco's contract is for 3 more years (5 year contract). Ameriprise Auto & Home has borrowed money from Ameriprise Financial to keep the lights on due to losing business partners. Received 1 check in the month of February and second check 2nd week in March. Do not file a grievance against another employee even with proof or witnesses, you are an at-will employee within this company. Employee retention is noticeable within weeks of hire, so keep a resume handy.
Client Support Professional: experienced working in fast-paced environment demanding strong organizational, technical, and interpersonal skills. Tru
Client Service Associate (Former Employee), Suffern, NYAugust 12, 2015
The Support Staff at Home Office is knowledgeable and extremely supportive. They are professionals who speak respectful, kind and humorous at times.I appreciate the direction for a Paperless managed offices. Advisor's Compass; Client Viewer; Online File Manager and certainly Thompson all provide avenues and access to work seamlessly in a supportive environment for the most important person, "Your Client."
A good place to grow, learn and advance.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2015
There is a lot of room to move up within this company. The compensation was great and the only reason I am leaving is because I am relocating to be closer with family.
a
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 23, 2015
A large company with many possibilities to advance your career. A national company with opportunities to relocate throughout the country.
Opportunity to wear multiple hats.
Business Manager and Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule, generous benefits, and a great boss and co-workers.
Cons: Small practive, and I am ready for a new challenge.
From the beginning, I have enjoyed the opportunity to learn and expand my position. It has been very rewarding to see and experience the impact I can make on the practice and in our client's lives.

My boss has been generous and supportive of me and that is why it will be incredibly difficult to leave. I am looking for a new position as I have worked here for over 14 years and am ready for a new challenge and I would also like to experience working for a larger company.
Busy, challenging, fun environment
Vice President, Mutual Fund Operations (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 18, 2015
Pros: great people, interesting projects, good compensation
Cons: long hours
The most enjoyable part of working at Ameriprise is definitely the people - I worked with some really smart people who were always focused on collaborating and working as a team to accomplish a goal. It was a very busy environment and senior management didn't seem to care much about the hours worked, but they also reward you very well if you work hard and add value to projects/goals. There is definitely a connection between your performance and your compensation.

The technology is good. Employee development is also very good. Time off is probably average.
Good Place overall
Manager (Current Employee), MinneapolisJuly 11, 2015
Pros: PTO, and benefits
Cons: Hard to move up
Decisions are tough to come by. Everything is by committee. The company does provide a good work life balance. Benefits and time off are great. It can be hard to get promoted as positions are limited.
Hostile Workplace
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), Granite Bay, CAJuly 10, 2015
Management is inexperienced and hostile to new ideas. The culture is unbelievably negative and I would advise extreme caution to anyone recruited by this company.
Advancement/Management
Fionancial Advisor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 9, 2015
Pros: A very welcoming environment for the LGBTQA community.
Cons: Smokers, which I don't think the corporation could do much about.
My negative review of this company's Advancement and Management was due not so much to the corporation, but due to the great recession which took place after I was employed and we all lost our jobs.

I also was stiffed out of a reward for performance (offered to anyone who sold x amount of $s in a specified time frame) because someone, whom I do know, stole my client, about which the management did nothing.
Not a fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Stable schedule.
Cons: Customer get extremely upset over lack of communication and there is nothing you can do.
As a front line customer service rep, I was the 1st person a customer would talk to after being in a accident or having a property damage issue. I documented the info and asked general questions to make sure we where on the same page. Could not actually tell customer anything other then their claim had been filed and to wait for a call. This was the most frustrating thing about the job. Customers would call in for information after calling in multiple times and waiting for days with no response. The management always said the same thing like a broken record." Have them leave a voice mail with their claim rep. even if they have already left multiple messages".
Client Services Manager (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 2, 2015
Strong company with franchisee offices that do very well. When I received my Master's Degree the practice could not afford to pay for the accomplishment.
inconsistent leadership.
Senior Business Analyst, Consultant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 30, 2015
Very decentralized management structure which prevented project teams form successfully working together. Folks were allowed to work from home and many key players did not regularly participate in leadership meetings.
Values Employees
Auto Claims Representative I (Current Employee), De Pere, WIJune 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits, salary, positive environment
Cons: Stressful workload, stressful client base
Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance values its employees and shows this by the employee appreciation events and the benefits & compensation awarded to the employees.
asdf
ASSOCIATE FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2015
The day is fast paced and there is a lot to learn about the business inside and outside of the company. Great place to start if you need to earn your licenses.
Productive and friendly workplace
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 20, 2015
A typical day would be being a part of the meetings,reporting to the team lead and developing test cases and executing them.
Quiet place to work
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Peoria, AZJune 19, 2015
I worked in a small office of Ameriprise with 2-3 other people so most days were very quiet. Everyone was respectful but many days could be very slow and seem to drag on.
Client Interaction Fun
Client Services Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2015
Pros: Free coffee and soda
Cons: Short Lunch Breaks, no Health Insurance, Must be licensed in order to advance
I very much enjoyed client interaction in person and by phone. I did learn that I was not interested in getting licensed and offer advice on investing. I did like the paperwork and solving client issues. This was a 4 person franchise and all the other co-workers were licensed. The hardest part of the job was keeping calendars for 4 people.
All in all a pleasant place to work but needed to leave in order to advance my career. Left in good standing and stayed long enough to train my replacement.
Financial Firm
Lead Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 16, 2015
Great company to work for, very active in the community and positive culture in office. I was blessed to have worked for the firm for the time that I did.
Only person in office, not compatable with my personality
Financial Planning Assistant (Current Employee), Grand Island, NEJune 4, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, Potential for upward movement, close to home
Cons: Work environment, lack of atmosphere
I was hired to take over the Grand Island, NE office for an advisor group out of Norfolk, NE. I struggled in the lonely work environment and felt my personality was not fit for the position. I typically spent the day studying for the required licensing exams in order to start as a Financial Advisor in the industry. I would also, sit in on client meetings, taking notes, help with client paperwork and appointment scheduling. I had no other co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the solitary environment.The enjoyable aspect was that the job offered a ton of potential for upward movement and pay increase, for someone who had the ability to be comfortable in that work environment.
Headquarters