Ameris Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Not the best work atmosphere.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  FLJuly 4, 2016
My personal opinion probably isn't the greatest. For starters, you not only get paid a lousy amount but you get paid at tiny bit for doing not just your job but supervisors as well. Ameris bank bought out M&S bank and the job security was promised, 7 months later I'm told I'm getting laid off. For being just a teller and doing multi job duties that was not included in my job description and get a measly 10 cent raise after the merge I feel like they may have done me a favor.
Pros
Bankers hours
Cons
A lot of responsabilities, picking up others slack, being told your allowed to do something then getting in trouble for doing so, maintained a outstanding customer service retainment and no acknowledgment. Best in sales, and also no acknowledgement.
A great place to learn
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLSeptember 24, 2015
Ameris Bank is growing and evolving which makes it a great place to grow and learn, especially if you are new to the banking industry.
Pros
bank hours and holidays; benefits
Cons
communication across different departments could be improved
A great company to work for
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2016
A great company to work for. Managers are accessible and willing to help. The training was exceptional and always there to help with issues. The operations team is top notch.
I totally enjoyed my job and working for this company and the people along side of me.
Vice President Lending (Former Employee) –  Brunswick Main OfficeNovember 26, 2014
Review reports on past dues, compliance exception, adequate insurance reports. Taking loan applications, underwriting loans and making the credit decision. Inputting loan applicant information into system. Construction loan inspections. Construction, Consumer, Consumer Real Estate and Commercial Lending. Managed the St. Simons Branch approx. three years. Enjoyed working with all employees, everyone was respectful and we had fun. The hardest part of the job was seeing so many customers lose their assets when the economy went south. Ameris is a family oriented company and we considered all employees our family.

Thank You.
Pros
benefits, 401k company contributios, good working hours, family oriented company
Cons
lots of weekly and monthly staff meetings.
Enjoyed my job until changes in past 2-3 years
Business Banker / Loan officer (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAApril 18, 2016
Mostly handled loan requests from commercial and consumer applicants. I enjoyed helping customers with their needs.
Bank is way behind the times
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCAugust 5, 2012
This bank is more concerned about making a dollar instead of helping the customer or employee. Not even the smallest of decisions is made locally. Employees are afraid of repercussions and benefits and raises are not a prioprity of upper management. All branches are very short staffed. It is very difficult to even get a lunch break. Favoritism runs rampant.
Pros
the customers
Cons
no raises or promotions. not a very pleasant atmosphere.
Great customers, horrible management
Asst. Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAAugust 5, 2013
The customers at Ameris Bank are wonderful. The job is good. The benefits are decent. The management is the problem. I worked with Ameris Bank for 4 years. Never had a write up, always went out of my way for the job, hardly called in, and was always in balance. In May of 2013 is when it all went down hill. I was Assistant Head Teller for 3 years and I decided to drop down to a regular part time teller so I could spend more time with my two year old. In July of 2013, I was asked to go back to full time and turned it down. Two weeks later, I came back from vacation to realize I had been wrote up for attitude (they said they could tell by the look on my face that I didn't want to train anyone on how to balance the ATM), they said I told a customer exactly how much I made an hour (which wasn't true), they said I didn't participate in a meeting (which I was off on that day), they were also upset because as a former assistant head teller, all the tellers were still coming to me with question instead of the girl that replaced me. So they wanted to move me to another location and I refused. I put in my two weeks notice and while doing that the manager kept rolling her eyes at me. That place is filled with drama and immature people that are supposed to be grown women.
Pros
the customers
Cons
the management
Excellent employer
Assistant Branch Manager/ Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCSeptember 26, 2015
Ameris Bank has great people and positive culture. I respected the management and the direction of the company in their pursuit of excellent customer service and satisfaction
I only left due to a relocation to Fort Myers Florida
The Bank
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 9, 2015
So stepping into this was different because of all the guidelines that had to be followed from the government but easy enough to follow. A typical day involves constant project work and no lack there of. Top level management was firm yet fair and my coworkers were always there to help. The hardest part of the job was planning one thing and having to do another. The best part about the job was there was no restrictions on what you could not touch within operations.
Pros
Flexability and descent pay
Cons
Healthcare and long hours
Nice place to work
Assistant Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 25, 2013
Assisting customers with theirs bank needs, directing them to the right person. Receiving deposits and cashing checks.
The team work is important to success.
My co-workers were like family for me.
I did enjoy helping customers
Pros
send gifts on birthdays
Cons
cut the money put in our 401k
Statement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moultrie GASeptember 6, 2015
I worked through a Temp Company while employed at Ameris Bank. I worked over a year there until assignment ended. I enjoyed my job and working for this company and the people along side of me. The hours was great!
Good place to work.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Cordele, GA and Moultrie, GAJanuary 13, 2015
Handling night drops, greeting customers, taking deposits and doing withdrawals for customers, I started out in bookkeeping then bookkeeping was done away with and I became a personal banker and then a teller. I felt like I was overworked as a personal banker and had a lot of duties to do including overdrafts, safe deposit boxes, helping customers with problems, doing research requests and much more. The tellers tried to work as a team and it helped a lot.
The hardest part of the job was learning to put holds on the right checks to prevent the bank from losing money. We did get good training with Ameris Bank which made you feel comfortable as a teller. The most enjoyable part of my job was waiting on the regular customers and talking to them and making their day. Providing good customer service. I would not have quit Ameris Bank if I had not had to move and relocate to a different town due to significant other changing jobs due to his workplace closing and transferring some of them to Douglas.
Pros
working with all the tellers and working as a team
Cons
feeling overworked a little by being the only teller in drive thru on busy days.
Ameris Bank.. what a joke!!
teller (Former Employee) –  Sparta, GaFebruary 20, 2014
Ameris Bank is only concerned about how much money they can make acquiring banks that are failing. They get kick backs from FDIC to aquire these failing banks and they assume loans from these banks for pennies on the dollar and then these people that are maybe running behind on payments and are trying to make a living, Ameris forecloses on them not trying to work with them to get caught up. Then after leaving these acquired banks open for a while, they will close acquired banks,putting numbers of people out of work and then they move on and acquired other banks and do the same thing. I am a former employee and I know what goes on with these people and have also experienced the foreclosure and repossession with Ameris Bank.
Daily Variety of Duties
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Ocilla, GAMay 7, 2014
A typical day at work involved satisfying every customer's needs. I learned to provide courteous and efficient service at all times. I gained customer loyalty having excellent listening skills. Additionally, I developed fast and accurate data entry skills. Furthermore, I was responsible for checking, sorting, and compiling data relevant to loan applications. I had excellent co-workers and we worked together as a team. The hardest part of the job was having to call the customer letting them know their loan was turned down. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a dissatisfied customer became very satisfied.
There are much better places to work.
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAJune 21, 2012
No loyalty to employees, only those at the top level of management are rewarded. Only one woman in top level management.
Pros
company has been in existence since the 1970's
Cons
employees not valued.
Insular Executive Management from Rural S.W. Georgia
SVP (Former Employee) –  GAJune 28, 2013
Little Job Security or respect for outlying managers and lenders
day to day customer service and contact with public
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAMay 14, 2013
Great company to work for. On a day to day basis we dealt with customers to provide good customer care to them. Being a bank teller, you would have to process different types of transactions for different customers. Loan payments, credit card, deposits, check cashing procedures.
Loved the job I did in Accounting
Accounting Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAMarch 13, 2014
I loved my job and banking. Was the place I learned most aspects of the job. Front and Back side. The accounting group were so helpful and everyone was there to help and teach everyone.
Bank Teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 30, 2012
Assist customers with check cashing, withdrawls, depoists, I really enjoyed the work and tasks I was assigned to at this job, I loved the customers,mangers, co workers and enviroment.
First Bank Job
Head Teller/Personal Banker, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St Marys GAOctober 2, 2012
Enjoyed it. Met lots of people and learned alot. taught me good work ethics.
Pros
good pay at the time
Cons
not what i really wanted to do.

2.8