Ameris Bank Employee Reviews

Growing Pains
Market President (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 3, 2017
The bank is in a conundrum trying to figure out who they are. Are the a regional bank or a community bank? Are they a Georgia bank or a Florida bank. Are they growing organically or through purchases? There is strength in their board and most senior management.
Pros
Conservative Financial Institution wanting to stay independent
Cons
Second tier leadership
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJune 21, 2017
Ameris Bank was a great place to work, which I most likely would not have left had I not been moving out of State. I enjoyed the people I worked with, the interaction with customers, and the products available to the customer. I worked under minimal supervision, we all knew our jobs, and we did them without having to be told what to do. There was a great support system, both in the branch and out. Benefits offered were great! I would recommend Ameris Bank in Thomasville GA to anyone looking for a great banking experience!
Pros
Great benefits, awesome staff, customers
Cons
Not a good work environment
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 13, 2017
The management treats you like you are a child. No cell phones, no personal calls, can't eat at your desk, can't talk, etc. They are not family oriented, if you have small children I would highly recommend not applying for any position at this bank. They will not let you off for any activities your children are involved in and if they do by chance let you off, you will never hear the end of it. Very poorly ran bank.
Five stars
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 23, 2017
Ameris is a pretty small bank in savannah. However, that's what made it feel more like a family. The branch manager always had a way of making you feel at home when he would chat with you. Our supervisor was fairly new in that position but she was amazing. She is one of the most kind hearted people you will ever meet. Due to ameris taking over coastal, I opted to leave, only because I was interested in a completely different field of work at the time. However, I truly wish I would have stayed. They also offer great health insurance and promotions.
Pros
Great work environment, promotions, sercurity
Cons
I enjoyed working for this bank
Commercial Loan Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 17, 2017
A typical day at work, ordering appraisals, ordering EDR's, ordering flood searches and preparing loan documents. Worked with minimum supervision. The hardest part of the job was not having enough hours in the day to get everything completed.
Small Town Bank
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 17, 2017
Small town bank in over its head with acquisitions & expansion. Banking service would be better left to community branches. Do not see future success other than in lending in St.John's County due to economic growth. Should be Ameris Savings & Loan!
teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 27, 2017
balance cash drawer
greet and assist customers
cash, deposit checks
Balance daily transactions and maintained a cash drawer
Ameris Bank
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 26, 2017
Great place to work for just left for a better opportunity took them a while to close loans . No support. I was new to Encompass coming to this company and had no support to get loans closed in a timely manor but really liked the people there as well as my boss.
Pros
Insurance paid for
Cons
IT department
Terrible place to work
Personal Banker I (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 10, 2017
Toxic environment and horrible management. Treat their employees and customers very poorly. All they care about is money. biggest con was that they really look down on the "smaller" employees, such as the tellers, just because of their position. really found a way to make them feel less important and treat them like children. When everyone should have been working as a team.
No response
Loan Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALDecember 14, 2016
I rather not reveal what I did like or didn't like about Ameris Bank. Every job has both pros and cons. I will leave it up to the future employee to decide for themselves.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
tough environment
Business Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, GANovember 2, 2016
most enjoyable part of the job was the location
everything else was not very enjoyable

no team atmosphere

very quiet

best part of the job was going home for lunch
Pros
location
Cons
people
Not a good bank or place to work
Head Teller/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 20, 2016
All Ameris cares about is sales and aquiring banks. They don't care about employees or customers. Computer systems are out of date. Management is not competent. They expect a lot out of the skeleton crew that has been created due to the stupid ACE model.
Ameris
Universal Banker II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 3, 2016
It is retail banking environment. Your role is basically a salesman who is required to push products. There is a lot of growth opportunity but they do not pay well.
When this bank changed to Ameris bank everything went down hill. Not a fun or comfortable place to work. Very discouraging.
Banker (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLAugust 30, 2016
Ameris Bank used to be a great hometown bank to work for when it was Prosperity. Once it came clear that it was growing and in trouble and on the verge of having to merge or sell, everyday life became hard. Our daily job became about how to make money off of customer. Management was unhelpful and looking for reason to fire employees to avoid expensive layoffs.
A great company to work for
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2016
A great company to work for. Managers are accessible and willing to help. The training was exceptional and always there to help with issues. The operations team is top notch.
Not the best work atmosphere.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  FLJuly 4, 2016
My personal opinion probably isn't the greatest. For starters, you not only get paid a lousy amount but you get paid at tiny bit for doing not just your job but supervisors as well. Ameris bank bought out M&S bank and the job security was promised, 7 months later I'm told I'm getting laid off. For being just a teller and doing multi job duties that was not included in my job description and get a measly 10 cent raise after the merge I feel like they may have done me a favor.
Pros
Bankers hours
Cons
A lot of responsabilities, picking up others slack, being told your allowed to do something then getting in trouble for doing so, maintained a outstanding customer service retainment and no acknowledgment. Best in sales, and also no acknowledgement.
Typical Bank Environment
Vice President, Special Assets Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2016
Average place to work. Unfortunately the geographical growth of the company was not in the Metro Atlanta area. Overall co-workers are great but it is the few bad apples that make the work environment not so pleasant.
Pros
Hands off management
Cons
No growth plans for the Metro Atlanta area.
Enjoyed my job until changes in past 2-3 years
Business Banker / Loan officer (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAApril 18, 2016
Mostly handled loan requests from commercial and consumer applicants. I enjoyed helping customers with their needs.
Excellent employer
Assistant Branch Manager/ Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCSeptember 26, 2015
Ameris Bank has great people and positive culture. I respected the management and the direction of the company in their pursuit of excellent customer service and satisfaction
I only left due to a relocation to Fort Myers Florida
A great place to learn
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLSeptember 24, 2015
Ameris Bank is growing and evolving which makes it a great place to grow and learn, especially if you are new to the banking industry.
Pros
bank hours and holidays; benefits
Cons
communication across different departments could be improved