Amerisave Mortgage Corporation Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Processors are paid by Commission
Processor/Closer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2017
Have you ever heard of a Processor only making money by Commission?? That means that you have to wait for about 20 people to do their job so that you can get a paycheck. If you are not a favorite of Management, you will not be given the loans that give you a higher income. There was one processor there who make $10,000 a month but again he was the only one. The Manager there was very emotional and very judgemental. The top paying loans were only given to this processor. Other processors had to ask for loans. We had a huge office in Charlotte that could seat 100 employees but there were only 10 of us there. I always questioned that and finally the office closed down and everyone was laid off and they only kept the $10,000 processor who now works from home. The only good thing was that you were able to work from home.
Pros
Cons
Absolutely nothing
Great Place to work
Funding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2017
Great place to work and great folks. Will refer friends and family if they want to work in the mortgage industry. I had greats days and love when we all went to the xmas party.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Layoffs
OK work, but frequent layoffs
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 9, 2017
I enjoyed my 6 months at Amerisave, but was laid off when business dipped. Do not work here expecting long-term employment. That said, the origination system was OK and working remotely was very nice.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
quick to layoff staff
If you are a happy person no job lets you down.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2017
Not pro-employee, swift on telling you wrong, not so much when right.
No encouragement, however no one can kill your attitude!!

Asking to keep a positive view, makes you wonder how sad is everyone that you have to be told not to be depressed to work there??
Pros
Will pay if you work hard
Cons
No 401K matching or even nominal
Fun place but no job security
Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2017
Amerisave is a okay place to work. The atmosphere is relaxed, but they would lay you off as soon as business gets slow. They also show favoritism. Not a bad company, but you always have to worry about not having a job at any moment business is down.
Pros
Get to wear jeans and they don't micromanage you
Cons
High lay off rate
Remote underwriting postions
Remote Sr. Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 3, 2017
I liked working for Amerisave, they are nice people but the salary is only a small base with commission. So, you need as good amount of production in order in order to make a good income. When I started it was great but then the slow down hit and it became very nerve racking since the production feel off.
Great place but layoffs often
Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 1, 2017
I loved my job and my life finally . And one day I come into work and was told my department had been eliminated . I worked so hard and stayed on top in my department and didn't get to go to the new department they created . Sucks and was heart broken that I wasted my time there . I would go back only if there was better job security
Productive and fun placeto work
Home Buying Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2017
I enjoyed Amerisave Mortgage. This was truly a different type of job. I was not only making a difference in helping people with their search in Mortgage loans. This company allowed kids at work on the weekends, bring your pet to work day, there were company paid Christmas parties.
Pros
Free lunches, free coffee
The owners are self centered and management stinks
Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, CAOctober 24, 2016
Worked there for over two years and I must say this is the most unprofessional company I worked for. I stayed because there were No more jobs in processing in Atlanta and that's the only reason. We didn't get paid the last two months of last year because the unprofessional management was so busy trying to watch over commission paid employees that they were not prepared for the new TRID rollout. It was more like a prison camp than a job. The months we did not get paid, the owner gave us hard sandwiches for as a Christmas party but didn't give any of the processors a dime knowing we didn't get paid . Management made us work over time even though loans were not closing. The owner continues to get rich because he pays his employees a small commission. They maybe hourly now that there are more jobs but if they still have same management they still stink.
Pros
Cons
all
Nice workplace
Loan Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2016
Its fun working here. The environment is laid back, friendly and i think i have learnt a lot. My Loan originator is very cooperative and teaches me a lot. I am very happy with the opportunity.
Worst company I have ever worked for.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2015
Worst company I have ever worked for. Management not approachable, Hostile work environment. Very UN-organized., HR dept and recruiters not aware of what the other is doing.
Pros
Modern decor in the office space
Cons
Low Morale in the office, Poor Management in the processing department.
Mortgage Banker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2015
Back end can't keep up with front end in other words they cannot process the loans they currently have in the pipeline. Yet they have bankers writing loans that don't get closed for 6 months.
Caveat Emptor
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Worked from homeMarch 27, 2015
I worked for 10 years as an Underwriter before going to this place. I created an income calculator that is currently being used by one of the largest lenders in the Southeast. The loan reviewers told me my income was wrong. They didn't use historical income data from the tax returns for rental income. Management seems to rely on the reviewers judgement because they don't know Underwriting. Sales (as usual in the mortgage industry) runs the show. They receive a large number of refi's from California on Condos and they have no Condo Department! I was part of a group of 15 underwriters that didn't stay more than 60 days. I was verbally told my base pay would be $65,000 per year. When the contract arrived in the mail it was for $42,000 per year.
Any Manager or Owner that allows their company to run like this one gets what they deserve. They are bleeding money all over the place due to flying people in to train only to have them quit or get fired within the first 60 days. That is just a sorry way to run a business.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
No mortgage underwriting knowledge. Very little business knowledge.
Great Place to Work
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2015
Everything about Taylor Bean was great. We really grew as a family and came together to make sure that we did our best when working our positions, We kept our brokers and agents happy and definitely the closing attorneys relationship at a pedestal level.
Pros
learning more about the industry
Cons
they had to close the association
If you are an LO - do not work here
Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 16, 2015
Worst mortgage company to work for and represent; you try overcoming the "we got sued for bait-and-switch tactics" objection.
Just search CFPB complaint that resulted in multi-million dollar settlement, very easy to find.

The predictive-dialer will keep you busy and on the phone calling aged leads to get every single drip out of their investment - that means you! They have their favorites who will get the newest leads and completed applications fed to them. So unless you work there for over five years, don't be surprised if you are told to work over 50 hours to meet their call-time goals, but you are only allowed to log in 40 hrs max - they don't pay overtime or holiday pay.

Last but not least, their claim to fame is that they are a technology company first that just happens to originate mortgages... whoop de doo! All and all, they have a good set-up, but they should treat their employees like people and not human robots. There are many better companies out there to work for, don't waste your time.
Pros
Good website/tech platform
Cons
Horrible benefits plan, hourly pay
Mortgage software excellent
Senior Loan Processsor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2014
Love my job, took a while to get use to the software but once I did it was great to work on. Very customer ordinated, loved my manager she was always there when I needed something and always found away to work out a file. Underwriting work well with us and work to find a way to make the loan work. One of my favorite jobs, had to leave because they were asking people to come into the office and I was taking care of my Uncle at the time and could not move back to Atlanta.
Great Income Opportunity for Loan Officer but...
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 3, 2014
I originally started working for Amerisave in 2007. Back then it was a nightmare, it is incredible the progress the company has made since then...
Today, I routinely see my loans closing in about three weeks, there are more leads than I can handle. The comp plan as changed recently for the better and I am earning more than I ever have.
Unfortunately, the company laid people off last year and is now opening call centers in Michigan and California to replace those people.

The health insurance is not great, it is expensive and the coverage is not great. I am considering getting my own coverage soon. There is no 401K match. If the health insurance was better and there was a generous 401K match, I would rate the comp/benefits 5 stars.
Job security is only 4 stars because they laid some people off last year. If I was able to work more than 40 hours a week I could make even more but the company does not allow overtime.

Overall, I am convinced that this is the best place to be a loan officer if you are great at converting online leads over the phone. The technology is out of this world, the client can do their own rate quotes, app, disclosures, and lock right on the website... huge time saver!
Pros
Technology, Great Commission, Tons of leads, Quick Processing
Cons
Expensive Health Insurance, 401K w/o match, Overtime Not Allowed
All about the $$$
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2014
I did not like that the loan advisors were not experienced nor trained to do an effective job which left the processors to sort through a pile of mess which the company expected loans to be processed quickly.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
cut throat business
Small team of very bright developers.
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2014
Located near downtown Atlanta, my workday began and (mostly) ended early to avoid Atlanta's legendary traffic.
Professional Yet Relaxed Environment
Post Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 10, 2014
Pros of working here are the people. Cons is the instability. There is no loyalty
Pros
relaxed, comfortable
Cons
instability