AmerisourceBergen Employee Reviews

Management is extremely biased - LashGroup
Reimbursement Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 20, 2017
The happiest employees at this company are the ones who do the following:
In all cases (especially with management )
Do not point out errors
Do not ask questions that potentially can point out errors
Keep social interactions to a minimum
When socializing provide generic responses
They will ask for your ideas, opinions, and that they are open to questions and feedback. Not true.
Pros
The benefits are GREAT.
Cons
A lot of emotional and biased descision making at this company. A lot of contradicting statements, instructions, and requests. A lot of vague feedback and unrealistic expectations.
Great Company
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  buffalo grove, ilSeptember 20, 2017
this company gave me everything I wanted in a company. I worked from home and got paid well and had great benefits. It was not an easy job and I had to work the hours expected but I was well taken care of for my work.
Pros
well paid, well educated
Cons
The company sells off parts and my part was sold off which sucked
Worst Company I have worked for in 20 years
CLIENT SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Terrible management. HR is not helpful. They do not inform you your job is about to be dissolved instead they work you like a slave until the bitter end reassuring you there are no changes.
It was tough and challenging
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GASeptember 19, 2017
Working at Amerisourcebergen was tough and challenging. There wasn't career advancement. It was a rough working environment. there wasn't any kind of motivation for employees.
I would like employment closer to my home.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Working for AmerisourceBergen is a challenging experience on a daily basis. I enjoy the diversity however the hours and the distance I have to travel are not good for me
Pros
Very good benefits.
Cons
Hours are not good for me.
Not a good place to work
Sr. Reimbursement Counselor (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 18, 2017
I have never worked for a company that treats you like a dog and find ways to fire you. They ask for you to go above and beyond and you aren't paid for it.
Great Culture
Director (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 16, 2017
Great culture with great people. Poor bonus compensation. Great relocation package if you qualify. Wonderful healthcare. Average 401k matching. Overall positive experience.
Pros
Good benefits but long hours
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  NYSeptember 16, 2017
The job has become very fast paced. But the amount of work to associate ratio is poor. You go in at a certain time, not knowing what time you will get off.
Great place to work.
Patient Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 13, 2017
Great company. Great staff. Nice building. break room. Learned alot. Job wasn't hard at all. Management was nice. Great days working at Americource Bergen.
Good place to work, Good benifits
Chargeback Manager (Former Employee) –  Thorofare, NJSeptember 13, 2017
Good place to work. My boss was great. Pay was OK Benefits good, Good work balance. Ample amount of time off. There was pressure but little stress. I left because another company was offering more $$
Pros
work-lif balance, benifits
Cons
Pay could have been better

Want to know more about AmerisourceBergen?

Ask a question
Nice place to work
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioSeptember 12, 2017
This was very relaxed & team environment to work in. everyone helped to build each other up & work together to make things happen. I hated leaving this position but the work was being out sourced
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
not enough work to stay busy
Excellent Company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 12, 2017
I worked for AmerisourceBergen almost 11 years, I will admit that it provided the best learning and development experience for my career. It was a Wow moment. The company culture was "Patient Minded" applying the family value principles. The managers worked together as a team to create an atmosphere that was successful. We supported each other at work and in our personal lives, not just management but with the associates. The hardest part of the job would be leaving. Leaving a diverse community of family and friends.The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that what we did from receiving the product in through shipping the product out, that what we just completed may have saved someone life.
Pros
Benefits, Paid vacations, Career Advancement, Work Culture
Cons
off site support
Great Company
World Courier (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, NYSeptember 10, 2017
Great company, well structured management cares about your growth and development.Well diverse co-workers,team players good moral,great productivity and balance.
Pros
Pay, Benefits and Growth
Hated this place,
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MASeptember 9, 2017
Managers and supervisors are very unprofessional and unorganized, The managers are always on your case about you numbers and your pace, They pay poor for how fast they want you to keep up your pace all night for up to 10 or more hours a night. The hardest part of the job is being spoken to poorly, they have no respect for you or anyone. It was a terrible experience working for them.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management, lack of respect for their employees, long hours, work holidays, unorganized
Organizational Changes
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 4, 2017
Management changes and not a lot of communication. Not understanding the direction of the company by hiring outside consulting company and pay big bucks to them while associates are receiving a 1% pay raise
Pros
hours worked
Cons
no cafeteria
High turn over in management
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 1, 2017
Lack of support from management when it mattered. Would be given "verbal" reassurance things were being done but lack of follow through in a timely manner. Associates provided feedback and suggestions for improvement but management did not act upon suggestions. Managers did not have experience in working the programs and therefore, could not fully comprehend issues that the associates were encountering in daily activities.
Pros
Good benefits package; ability to work from home
Cons
Lack of support from management.
Choose another company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXSeptember 1, 2017
Lack of management. Good luck working here. You will get used a lot and they will expect more and more. The raise is a joke. This company knows how to discourage workers to quit instead of firing them. I've seen it over the few years I been there.
Pros
Inside
Cons
Too many to list but advancement is minimal, HR and the managers always agree with each other.
Horrible training!
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Lockbourne, OHAugust 30, 2017
Too many rules, I mean too many! Very unreasonable ( dumb)ones. They do NOT have experienced trainers that can train new people properly. Training is horrible. They do make part time workers work overtime which is not right at all. This company treats part time worker unfairly.
Very limited long term planning, stressful, unclear evaluationws
Manager Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Chesterbrook, PAAugust 30, 2017
I was at ABC for 5 years. Within 2 weeks there were signs of instability as 4 or 5 people were laid off. The remaining staff was very confused on why some of these folks were let go. Each annual raise was about 2% with the top performers getting maybe a 2.2% raise. There was maybe a .2% difference between the top performer and the bottom performer. No incentive to go the extra mile. My boss deflected any team conflict and enabled the people creating issues for the team. Communication by email was the norm so you could CYA - very sad. HR refused to get involved with team issues - what's the point of having them, right? Some of the work and tools were awesome. Good luck finding a good manager there since many would take on some of the bad behaviors as done by management. A great place to capture some content for MBA case studies.
Pros
Up-to-date tools, some good project work
Cons
Management, raises, evaluation, enabled bad behaviors
Overall
Patient Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAAugust 30, 2017
I think the company is a very shady place with favoritism. Employees are back stabbers and it wasn't an enjoyable place to work. Working for this company was very stressful and didn't take your family life into consideration, especially for emergencies.
Pros
pto
Cons
advancement opportunities, strict, not family oriented, low pay, had to learn other jobs whether you wanted too or not and still get paid then same rate, favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmerisourceBergen. Our community is ready to answer.