AmerisourceBergen Employee Reviews

Great company to work for had good benefits.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Thorofare N.J.December 8, 2016
My job started out by printing my customers sales history, up to date from last year in comparison. Visiting 8-10 customers daily and reviewing their account, going over new item coming to market, price increases and industry news. I learned when was a good time for my customer to review this and his/her expectations. Management was there if you needed them. My co-workers were like family and very helpful.
Hardest part of the job was to earn the customers loyalty, after that
you earned their trust. Most enjoyable part of the job was our National Sales meeting and Trade Show where we got together with the entire sales force (about 450 sales people). It was nice to see all your co-workers from all over the country in one place.
Pros
Worked independently.
Cons
No room for advancement.
No Supervisory Practices
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INJanuary 18, 2017
Worked there thru temp agency, was then hired full time - not long after that was harassed by another employee several times. Went thru all the correct reporting procedures several times / was told was being investigated - and with no on-site human resources dept. after several months was told they were disciplining this employee but could give me no information or evidence that this was happening - I worked too hard for this co and was always there for long long hours, was always on-time and they did nothing to protect me or support me - after months of investigating my complaints - to get no support or real evidence that something was being done to protect me and my safety I left. My safety and well being was not a concern for the managers at my facility and if they didn't care someone has to - and that someone WAS ME. So I left, will never go back.
Pros
liked the work
Cons
long long hours - no upper management support
Good benifits hard work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2016
I worked at the AmerisourceBergen dc in Orlando for 6 months before quitting for another job no job is easy but this type of work was really tough overall not really a good place to work. Very long hours with backbreaking work sometimes 15 hour nights I still have foot pains to this day because of this job and I left 4 months ago the benifits and pay was the only thing that kept me pushing...starting pay was around 13.50 with limited raises.. At the end of the work period you'd be averaging around 108 hours.. They have by far one of the best benifits pto programs I've seen so I guess that's a plus and you get Friday and Saturdays off
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Everything else
A busy and fast paced job, good people to work with.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 3, 2017
A typical day at work was usually 10 to 12 hours. I did receiving of product and picked orders for shipments to customers. I learned how to use RF receiving devise. I enjoyed the co-employees that I worked with, we had a good repore and usually got on well with each other. The hardest part of the job was working to meet their production requirements which found the dismissal of many employees, through the RF tracking production was tracked down to partial seconds of time. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the challenge that the job offered.
Pros
Reasonable wages and benefits.
Cons
Many long hours and required overtime on short notice, sometimes less than an hour.
Good Company AmerisourceBergen
Office Automation Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 23, 2016
The company has below average compensation but it gives great benefits. Management is good and there are many opportunities to move up or make some OT. The only downsize for me was the culture. I could not seems to fit in with the rest though I got along with them just fine. The coworkers are nice and helpful but they are very close minded and afraid to try new things, they lived in a bubble and I do not "believe" I am that type of person.
Pros
benefits and work/life balance
Cons
coworkers and compensation
Just a paycheck
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXJuly 19, 2016
After working there for sometime, I've learned about about the company. I knew from the start it was a bad idea to work for a company that does not have an onsite HR. Every bit of communication with HR, I had to wait for a reply. HR will always agree with management. They make the rules as they go and add them in the company handbook. All about numbers and they expect you to move your personal life around their schedule. Worst thing is working on holidays if the schedule falls on it. They make you work on your days off, write you up when you don't show up. Use you and when their done, send you home. It's good for a paycheck, but your better off working for a company that values their workers. Cheap company that pulls in billions but the raise is minimal, and bonus is that of a bottle of medicine. Save you time. Don't bother applying at AmerisourceBergen
Pros
Out of the heat: AC climate controlled
Cons
No life, get used. Tiny bonus. Bad management, even higher levels don't communicate.
Great Team Enviorment
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 10, 2016
Great company to work for. One of the industry leaders and always looking for ways to get better. Fast paced environment and can be physical demanding. On the management side decent pay, for the associates it they seem to be a little underpaid for the amount of work they do on a daily basis. They do look for ways to reward the associates and was one of the best teams I had the privilege to be a part of.
Pros
Management Pay good, pto, great team, some management
Cons
Long hours, work on holidays, associate pay, day and night shift should work together, favoritism
Fired
Order filler (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 27, 2016
I was on probation when this happened. There was a death in my family on a Friday and I was supposed to work so I called out. Saturday was off Sunday I came in and told the manager what happened and told him I might need Tuesday off cause of religion in my culture and Monday was my day off and Tuesday came I had to call in due to my religion so I did and a few hours later he called and said I was fired. Any help to get my job back. I called hr and they said Friday was a important days of the work week but the manager never told me that till I was fired
Decent job that's ruined by bad management
Warehouse Associate I, Nights (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXJuly 17, 2016
Out of my ten years of work experience I have never had the displeasure of working with mangers more than I have at this place. The mangers at this facility could care less about their employees. When I told my manger that my mother was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer the news was met with indifference. All they cared about was productivity and nothing else so when I told them I might have to miss a couple of days to help take care of her it was met with opposition. That is why I decided to quit by putting in my letter of resignation. After putting my letter of resignation in the mangers started to avoid me and ignore me like I was in the wrong for wanting to take care of my mother. I learned from a coworker that another associate went through the same situation I went through with losing a family member to cancer. That person was met with the same opposition I was met with. Don't work here, you can do a lot better.
Benefits
Wonderful management
Patient Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 13, 2016
The management team i worked for work hard. They are wiling to help you grow in more than one way. This is a wonderful place to work. The benefits are great.
Great benefits, poor management
Recieving Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 9, 2016
a typical day at work is like 10 or 12hr shifts, waking up at 4am to be there at 5am, and have no outside life with my family, management will only act like they care if your kissing butt to get where you want to be, same boring task day in day out. coworkers seem like they have an attitude everyday. day shift sucks, but night shift is better, as i have worked both.. i would prefer night shift!
benefits
Cons
everything else
Productive but at times stressful workplace
Benefit Investigator (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PASeptember 13, 2016
I would do benefits investigation
I learned a lot about high dollar medications and computer skills
The management was very easy to work with and to get along with
I liked my co workers a lot
The hardest part of the job was making sure to get co workers jobs done after my job was finished
I enjoyed working on the computer and making sure patients were able to get their medication
Can be beneficial depending on your management team
Reimbursement Counselor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 15, 2016
Great place to work. Needs a little work with management. Equal opportunity is not always given. There seems to be some favoritism. As long as your on a team where everyone is on the same page and the management really and truly want you to progress within the company then I believe its well worth it.

Benefits: Great medical benefits, overtime (if allowed), potential for growth.
Pros
Benefits and Overtime
Cons
Favortism, no equal opportunites
If you have issures with being on time...keep looking.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 5, 2016
A typical work day is great. The pay is great. The benefits are great. The co-workers are eh...ok. The managers have their favorites that do no wrong. I have learned a lot and have talked to many wonderful customers. However, IF you are one minute late coming into work, one minute late coming back from lunch you are
T-A-R-D-Y. Period! If you leave one minute late to lunch or break you are out of adherence. Period! This is a great company, don't get me wrong, but they are more concerned about your one minute here and there than they are about anything else. This applies even if you are having computer problems that make you late punching in. It's totally ridiculous and asinine. This company loses A LOT of great employees because of the tardiness guide lines. You DO NOT have any kind of job security with this company. They go through employees faster than they can hire them.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Time management
A Genuinely Great Company to Work For
SQL Developer (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 24, 2016
This company is very well-managed. Employees are very pleasant and easy to work with. The surrounding area is very pleasant as well - many nice places to eat lunch at or just take a break. Benefits are amazing, some of the best I've ever seen. The management truly cares about it's employees.
Bad management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Amityville, NYOctober 11, 2016
The amityville location is a joke. They don't respect workers. Management are rude and condescending. They have a union but they are not of any use. Do not work there!. The turnover rate is crazy. They disrespect the workers and if u dont comply they harass and write you up. Very bad managers.
Benefits
Cons
Management and understaffed
N/a
Reimbursement Counselor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 11, 2016
I was heavily recruited for over 6 months before I came on board. From what I read and heard the place sounded awesome, and they had great comp and benefits, but that is so far from the truth. Once I started though, I realized that they pay higher because they work people to an early grave. Once on board I was shocked at how unorganized and thrown together the entire enterprise was. It was very apparent that they grow way to fast without proper planning and vision. There is a huge gap between what the executives say versus what is in place. Hardly any funding for R&D, training, or additional headcount. Everyone is expected to work themselves as hard as possible all the time. I consistently worked almost 70 hrs a week and every weekend. In the middle of my short tenure, they had a reorg and I was told my role would switch from technical to mostly administrative. I was given no training or guidance, just a pile of unrealistic responsibilities and expectations.
Great work experience with minor flaws
Lead Program Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAMay 23, 2016
I had a great experience when I first started at the company. The training was thorough which allowed me to become the lead trainer two months later. I learned a lot about how insurances and pharmacies work together to make sure a patient received their medication on time. My Co-workers were friendly and gave critical feed back which I truly appreciated. Management was fair. The hardest part was while I was training, making sure all the weekly reports were done but also making sure the trainee received enough information to be able to work on their own. The most enjoyable part was when I could help out anyone with a certain task and make sure everything was correct. Unfortunately there was no room for growth which is one of the reasons why I ended up leaving this company along with some personal reasons.
Pros
Great benefits.
Custodian, corporate warehouse / Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2016
Turn around is big due to management ..... hours are long so keep up with the work that is required and you'll be ok. its hard to move up due to so many people working together to get the job done.
Pros
free lunch
Great Place to work
Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 18, 2016
Great work/life balance. Excellent benefits and perks. Open atmosphere and work environment. Busy work schedule on a daily basis. Dynamic and diverse environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmerisourceBergen. Our community is ready to answer.