Ameristar Casino St. Charles Employee Reviews

Good
My Choice Rep (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOMarch 8, 2016
Greeting and assisting guest, interacting with team members, helping guest solve mailing issues, informing guest about current offers and promotions.
Always there to help you grow!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ameristar St. CharlesJuly 16, 2015
Security was one of the best jobs have had. Love the vsibility of the leadership team. Did not enjoy the lazy ones - officers. Beware of the "Team Member" Relations Manager! They love to create kaos out of nothing. You give (HR) feedback and they bend it to create kaos to justify their positions. Left for better pay. But I know that some people just dont want to hear that. Pay is not enough.
Pros
Tdr
Cons
wages were horrible
Workplace that promotes advancement and development and makes you feel appreciated
Revenue Audit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St Charles MOJuly 15, 2015
Perform audits, oversee that the larger audits that the front line auditors perform are going well. Make sure that the audits are being completed in a timely manner. Field questions from auditors/management and other departments.

Learned that being part of a team is extremely important because it takes everyones skills and talents to get the best results.

At the management level the people in place are excellent and are dedicated to supporting their teams and there team members development and advancement

Co-workers are extremely dedicated and dependable

Hardest part of the job is to do your best work when there are times that communication is lacking.

Most enjoyable part of the job is that your voice will be heard and you can influence change and the numerous events held throughout the year to say "Thank You" to the team members.
Pros
Company goes to great lengths to make sure their team members feel appreciated
Cons
Job Work/Life balance is very uneven.
Management is terrible and not helpful at all.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  St. CharlesNovember 25, 2014
There is a lot of favoratism in the Securtiy Deptartment. Management doesn't listen to ideas to improve the dept. and if you aren't on the "good old boys" team, you get treated terribly. They are misleading in saying you can get promoted from within and have a ridiculous turnover rate in the department because of how mistreated and used officers are used/treated. Terrible place to work.
Pros
Good food, cheap to eat for employees.
Cons
Too many to lislt.
Productive and stable working conditions.
Kitchen Steward (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJuly 16, 2014
Sometimes it is fast or slow paced. Management is good and so are my coworkers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers.
The Casino is a very active business with changes on a frequent basis
Security Officer/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Chareles, MissouriJanuary 8, 2014
Management is misdirected on training and scheduling employees.
There is favortism when scheduling all personal. You are trained on the most important aspect of the job which is the verification of finances which are handled by numerous employees. The way security track incoming and outgoing assets are superb. There security is always prepared to handled all situations. You have a lot of confidence for protection and safety because everyone is aware that the presence of the Missouri Gaming is on the floor every day as well them being part of the Missouri Highway Patrol
Pros
Sometime you received lunches and sometime you didn't.
Cons
Their benefit package is available.
People have different attitudes no matter what. You have to learn how to deal with them.
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MO.July 28, 2013
The people I work with are great. I have no complaints about the job and neither do they have of me. I have learned plenty and I have supervisory under my belt. I enjoy interacting and meeting new people on a daily bases. However, me as an individual, I always come in to work and do what I am supposed to do no matter what the case is. Every job has its ups and downs.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOFebruary 18, 2013
Typical day: As assistant to the director: answering phones, filing, copying. Attendance tracking, personnel records, ordering supplies.

I learned: Administrative skills

Management was awesome for 13 years until new management took over the department

Got along great with all my co-workers

Hardest part of the job was the long hours and being salaried

Most enjoyable: Coworkers and feeling needed and feeling like I helped a lot of people and like I have accomplished a lot.
Pros
fun entertainment/ excitment
Cons
management/employee turnover rate
Productive and fun place to work
Busser (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOApril 5, 2012
Its a great place to work,This a great company,the people are friendly and your surrounded by a great supporting cast!