Ameristar Casinos, Inc.

Ameristar Casinos, Inc. Employee Reviews

FUN
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOMay 2, 2015
Pros: FREE LUNCH
Cons: SHORT BREAKS
I CAME IN AN DID MY WORK AS USUAL MY CO WORKER WAS A NICE PERSON I LEARNED TO DO HOUSEKEEPING HOW TO BE ORGANIZED THE THING ABOUT THE JOB WAS JUST COMING TO WORK EVERYDAY.
Easy work with benefits.
Deckhand, Engineer, Window Washer and Housekeeper (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAApril 29, 2015
I clock in, gather needed work equipment and get to working. I learned marine procedures for the boat like cleaning the deck and painting the rails and deck. I also learned how to clean rest rooms and life saving. I had a working relationship with management and my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was staying indoors all day. The most enjoyable part of the job was working outside.
A great place to meet a variety of people
Table Games Assistant (Former Employee), East Chicago, INApril 29, 2015
Great team players, always busy,and meeting people every day with great customer service. The hardest part was leaving the company.
summary
Valet Dispatcher/ Count Room Specialist (Former Employee), east chicago,indianaApril 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: cigarette smoke
This job was very interesting because all the different people that were there. There were a lot of different events going on.
Great Place
Surveillance Agent (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 22, 2015
Great place to work. Upper Management is willing to change things if needed. Pay is comparable to most casinos. Team Members are easy to work with.
Beverage Server at Ameristar Casino
Beverage Server (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 21, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, 20% off at restaurants, friendly and diverse environment.
Cons: Long hours, leadership needs improvement, lots of cigarette smoke.
A typical work day consisted of balancing a tray full of drinks while walking a vast amount of floor space during a ten hour shift. I approached every guest in my area and offered them drinks and - upon request - cigarettes and snacks.

I learned a great deal about customer service, the casino industry, alcohol tolerance, and patience.

The management team unfortunately has a long way to go with being more involved with their team, communication amongst one another, and listening to their team members' concerns.

My co-workers were great people from various backgrounds and had a lot to contribute. Overall, they were hardworking individuals and dedicated to whatever task was placed before them.

The most difficult part of the job was covering multiple sections within the designated 20 minute round time when serving over 150 guests.

I truly enjoyed the team I worked with. I met a large number of people working at the casino that came from all different parts of the globe and I loved getting to know them.
nice place and we have fun too
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Black Hawk, COApril 17, 2015
Pros: we have like buffet every day we pay only 2.50 $ for lunch
Cons: we have 2 breaks and lunch time
we have very good team work and good management ,we get more training to learn more information how to repair and fix building issue
Learning experience
Host/Cashier (Former Employee), Vicksburg, MSApril 10, 2015
Working at Ameristar Casino was a great learning experience, I met different people from different ethic grops and races.
Concert Venue Work
Bartender (Current Employee), East Chicago, INApril 9, 2015
Had fun working with this company. I bartended for many concerts and private events. High paced work environment but enjoyable.
Great place to work.
Lead Count Specialist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 6, 2015
This company loves its employees and shows it by the pay, raises and benefits that it gives. It provides holiday parties and other freebies too that make you know you are appreciated.
very fun place to work at
evs cleaner (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOMarch 30, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
it was my very first time working in a casino.i enjoyed the atmosphere.i learn that I had growth in my position the hardest part of the job was taking heavy trash bags to compacter but everybody on the job was a team player
Good company to work for
Casino Services Representative (Current Employee), Vicksburg, MSMarch 25, 2015
The staff is friendly. Having the proper knowledge about the promotions and other events throughout the casino. Great customer service.
Ok company, better before buyout
Casino Management (Current Employee), USAMarch 22, 2015
Advancement opportunities are great front line team members but are limited when moving up. Pay is great for some areas but lacking for others. Benefits are good compared to other companies but worse than before buyout.

The culture of the company is good and departments work well together. This is a fast paced work environment and is enjoyable. Work hours are flexible being a 24/7 operation, but expect to work most weekends and holidays.
Terrible
Cook (Former Employee), East Chicago, INMarch 4, 2015
Pros: rate of pay
Cons: unclean
They have an unclean and mismanaged work environment.

Unprofessional through-out the kitchen, the typical day began with me finishing the prior days tasks before I could begin my own.

Poor organization lead to poor performance and overall
job dissatisfaction.

Management allowed the employees to fail
Great advancement opportunities
Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee), Vicksburg, MSFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: family work enviroment.
Cons: 24-7, 365.
Ameristar is a great place for someone in the hospitality industry to learn and continue to get more and more advancement opportunities.
Such a great envirnoment
Slot Supervisor (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOFebruary 18, 2015
I really enjoyed the casino life because it's like no other. Interacting with so many people each day definitely kept things interesting.
Enjoyed meeting new people
Waiter/Server (Former Employee), Vicksburg, MSFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: fun job
Cons: night shift
I enjoyed serving beverages to our customers. I met a lot of people from all walks of life. I enjoyed the entertainment and the fun of working with my co-workers.
Customer service oriented, fast paced environment
Casino Operations Technical Manager (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAFebruary 10, 2015
I am thankful for the opportunities I received to develop more leadership skills. I was able to be lead some large scale projects that required coordination with other departments and outside vendors. I learned a lot about the importance of establishing clear expectations for teams and communication.
great starting casino
Banker (Current Employee), Jackpot, NVJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: cheap lunches for staff / great benefits
Cons: long drive to work
this is a great place to learn a carrier in a casino then move up to a bigger one.. its a great place to work staff are all friendly but te turn over rate is high most people get the experiance and then move to vegas or bigger casino
Its fun to make someone bad day into a great day love meeting new people everyday
Server/Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 25, 2015
In the beginning this place was great and fun it change hand three times since I been there I learn a lot in taking care of customers needs my co-workers were great to work with management some are great some of them favoritism was a big issue the hardest part of this job was I watch my fellow team members that we been there more than 10 yrs were getting rig off one by one and you go there everyday nervous when was your turn ex boss admitted they were trying to get rid of full time people been there long they can hire new ones less money that was the stress part of time there the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and its a place you feel like you self employee the harder you work the more you make the more customers who loves to come in and ask for you and that was the fun part I I miss lots of friends I made there during 14 yrs of service for a new management to come in and thinks youre not good enough

1 2 3 4 5

About Ameristar Casinos, Inc.

When you wish upon Ameristar, you can hit the jackpot on land or on boat. Ameristar Casinos owns six casino hotels and two casinos. – Read more

Ameristar Casinos, Inc. Salaries