Ameristar Casinos, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great learning experience
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOFebruary 17, 2017
Worked with a lot of different people from different backgrounds that now makes any career I advance to an easier transition.
Pros
Worked many different jobs with the company.
Not a career...a job
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 17, 2017
The job itself was good. Management was just ok. They needed to communicate more between each other though.
The company did switch Property Managers and he seemed a little more involved and wanted to do that something extra for all the positions on property that didnt always get recognized.
Loved the extra stuff they seemed to have going for all the employees year round whether it was food truck day, gift giveaways for the employees, etc.
Free basic meals and drinks like cereals, salad bar, ice cream, soups, PB&J sandwiches. Hot meals were still only $2 or $3
Pros
free food
Cons
always had to work every holiday. nights and weekends were necessary.
Overall a good company to work for
Slot Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOFebruary 8, 2017
This company has given me many opportunities including being able to explore different departments within the casino. Being able to interact with different types of people and using my tech skills are some of the things that I enjoy the most.
okay
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INFebruary 4, 2017
okay place to work, fun environment. people are nice and the environment is different if you are coming from a corporate office
Nice Casino to Visit
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSFebruary 3, 2017
Friendly People and the facility and Management are awesome the kitchen staff through out the Casino were nice neat in there appearance the food was awesome from breakfast, lunch, and Dinner.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
only good for the benefits
Heavy Duty Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64161February 2, 2017
want you to work 7days a week, come in on your off days and then get mad/short term memory lost when you say NO im takin my off days.
Amazing work environment
Valet (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJanuary 29, 2017
I miss this job so much. This place was a second home to me. The staff are super cool and friendly, everyone cared for one another like a huge family. This by far was the best job experience i have ever had. I did not feel like I was going to "work." I was going to hang with friends and family to help park cars and help everyone. Hands down the best atmosphere anyone can ask for.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks ;D
Great
Baker/ Cook (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INJanuary 29, 2017
Ameristar was a good working environment, the only thing I really didn't like that didn't give you a chance to grow. it didn't matter how good of a worker they pick and choose who they want to move up and who stays and don't grow
Pros
free lunches and paid lunches
Cons
bennifits were great
Exciting and fast paced work environment.
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJanuary 16, 2017
Working for the casino was the best employment experience I have ever had. The quick moving nature of the business always keeps you on your feet and ready to jump into the action. The pay is great and the training needed for this job is provided at by the company at no cost. There is plenty of opportunity for advancement and pay raises as long as team members are strong and reliable. The company does an excellent job of rewarding the staff with extras to show appreciation for a job well done. The only real downside to this career path is that the casino is always open and busy so personal life has to revolve around you work schedule because you can't pick the hours you want to work.
Pros
Pay, employee extras, rewards, advancements.
Cons
Hours, schedule.
very nice employees
Engineer 1 (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 12, 2017
Preshift meeting followed by jobs to do and light sections to check for lights out. Touch up paint in hallways and on the boat. Sheetrock patch work and mud.

Want to know more about Ameristar Casinos, Inc.?

Ask a question
Nice
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJanuary 10, 2017
Good people nice atmosphere... love working and getting up going making money..this was a great experience...the people was kind and I loved doing my job well.
Ok place to work
Facilities Systems Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MO 63301December 11, 2016
Day consisted of answering phones, working with outside contractors/vendors. Entered purchase orders. Worked with other departments closely to ensure punchlist items were addressed in a timely manner. Management initially was great, but then through several changes, became very disengaged.
Pros
Most of the people, benefits and vacation time was adequate.
Entertainment
Cashier/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSDecember 8, 2016
I enjoyed working at Ameristar. It is very different. Every guest I have encountered was very entertaining and it made my night go by so fast. I wouldn't mind going back.
Wonderful place to be
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 8, 2016
Great place to work. An excellent place for a career path and for learning new skills and areas of experience. I highly enjoyed the job duties and challenges presented by this company.
Wonderful place to work for
M.I.S Operator on AS/400 (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IADecember 1, 2016
I enjoyed working at this company even though I only worked for short period of time.

I was busy with production issues, development of new projects with constant meetings.
Cons
I worked during the night and I couldn't other activities
Nice place to work.
Cage Cashier/Main Banker (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 18, 2016
It is a very pretty and nice place to work. I liked working there. The place is very big. More has been done to the place since I worked there, (like the hotel opening and the upstairs conference room).

Back then, MO had the loss limit, which they do not have now.

You had more people from different cultures that worked and visited the casino.

Ameristar is family friendly with an arcade for kids and the restaurants are family friendly.
Pros
The cafeteria for employees was a nice set up, you could deduct meals from paycheck.
Cons
A long drive for me. Bidded schedules.
Great organization.
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Black Hawk, CONovember 4, 2016
I experienced a wonderful and well run company. Unfortunately, my position was phased out over time. While they were willing to transfer me to a different outlet within the organization, I opted instead of working closer to home.
Fun managers to work with
Lead cook/ supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jackpot, NVOctober 20, 2016
Ameristar offers management class and promote from within. Ameristar Is professional in they way the company is ran. Ameristar cares about there employee and there employees well being.
The managers have a open door policy and motivate the team to do there best.
Pros
Team member dinning room and rec room to play foosball
Cons
Exciting place to work but horrible management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOSeptember 23, 2016
The atmosphere is awesome, see something new everyday. Most of the co-workers are friendly. Management sucks and plays favoritism. They don't care about their employees and the pay does not compliment the amount of hours or work put in.
Pros
Comps from time to time
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Great
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOSeptember 13, 2016
Working here was a great experience. I enjoyed every aspect of it. All people here were very courteous and looked out for one another.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ameristar Casinos, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.