Ameristar Employee Reviews

Poorly Managed
Table Games dealer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64161January 18, 2017
Scheduling is horrible, you can expect to work well past your scheduled out time. Turnover is constant due to the the lousy work conditions and treatment of team members.
It was a good place to work
Coaching partner (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOOctober 30, 2016
It is a good company to work for, the culture is great, and the team s very friendly. Good place to learn things, and inhance work skills.
Was working under 21 so...
Busser (Former Employee) –  Black Hawk, COAugust 14, 2016
I was working at the casino under the age of 21 so I will admit I was bored after work and living so far away from the job made things difficult. the co workers were not bad but the management was shaky.
Pros
nice views
Cons
long commute
Good company
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 13, 2016
Not a bad first job, could have been managed a lot better. Was not given realistic expectation of job. Seemed better than it was.
fun place to work
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJanuary 6, 2016
Learned a lot of new things. management was always helpful. i did not care for my hours but that was part of the job. Co-workers were friendly and helpful
Fun company
Construction Painter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 1, 2015
very good company , great staff , easy management , great listeners , co workers are fun and funny, great pay , vendors are easy to work with
enjoy being at work and assist others
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DENovember 7, 2015
Prepare day's tasks, hold 10 minute meeting, ensure staff is on the same page, assist where needed. be prepare for challenges.
It was a great place to work at.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 1, 2015
As an Executive Assistant I had to deal with different people internal and external. It was a great experience to work at Ameristar. I learned a lot from the inside sales and outside sales people. I loved working for the Director of Sales. I got along with all the people I worked with. It was a professional place but it was fun too.
Pros
Met different people.
fun and easy
Host/Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 27, 2015
this was an easier job to actually do i actually love serving it was just the attitudes and childishness of some of the employees that caused me to leave
busy
Host/Cashier (Current Employee) –  blackhawk,coAugust 23, 2015
Depending on the day the place is crazy. Ameristar is never quiet unless it is early in the day before everything open uP. Co-wokrers at the time had a million different personlaitys so sometimes people clashed but that happens at any company
Great Company to work for!
Casino (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAAugust 12, 2015
I enjoy coming coming to work everyday. I started part time and it quickly grew into full time and a career with outstanding benefits and family like atmosphere to be in. There is so much opportunity here at Ameristar. If you do a great job you will be recognized and the advancement opportunities are there for you to decide what career path you want if that's what your interested in. This is a company that appreciates you and your voice will be heard if you have something to say, with an always open door policy. You can share your ideas with leadership at all levels.
Pros
Parking, PTO, Health Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement, Team Member Recognition
very productive
Pipe Insulator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 10, 2015
communication, ontime management and high expectations. Enjoy working with a group of people thats there for the same reasons.;
Pros
good breaks
Cons
strick rules on work area
Employee oriented
BEVERAGE SERVER (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 25, 2015
I can't speak for other positions there, but my position was definitely not worth 4.50 and hour, they work with you on what sections you want to be in but the outfits were way too tight and revealing and requirements of the job were way too high for the hourly pay.
Pros
2.50 lunches, full-time benefits
Cons
Cocktail servers outfits and requirements
Fun place to work
Dealer (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJune 27, 2015
Worked Evening Shift on the casino floor dealing various games, management was very competent in supervising the floor. Co-workers were helpful to aculeate myself to the floor.
Pros
Great interaction with guests
Cons
Bad ventialtion on floor
Title Abstractor
abstractor (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJune 17, 2015
got documents for lawyers on real estate and commercial properties
Deeds, mortgage, assignments, liens, judgments, etc.
Pros
easy and fun
Cons
medical was high
This was a hub for frieght
Supervisor/My Choice Booth-Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 28, 2015
This was a great job. I learned a lot about freight and how to manage it. Plus working in the office was very beneficial to me.
faced paced job, with patient people.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  houston, txApril 16, 2015
My typical day at work would start by opening the office at 8:15 a.m, the very first thing i would do is clock in, and print out my phone route. as my phone route was printing i would post the over night drop payments. I would call all the customers that were past due and their references until lunch time. I would take phone loan applications and process and approve or deny them. Some afternoons i would do some outside collections field work. Towards the end of the day i would count my cash and clock out at 5:30
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
only 1 day off
so much to learn
Internship (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 3, 2015
dynamic place to work with lots to learn ,work week can get stressful with deadlines moving fast. career building opprtunities
Learned alot of my Supervisor and Management skills.
Collection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FlaJanuary 4, 2015
Collection Supervisor
Supervised a department of 12-15 collectors, handled problem calls, did field calls at customers homes/employment,
coached/mentored collectors / pulled daily numbers for department/ handled all phases of collections from 1 day past to grave, including skip tracing , court mediation's, charge offs and repossessions. Worked closely with collection manager.
Pros
Salary plus Bonus
Cons
Healthcare
Revenue Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 18, 2014
We are responsible for the financial report of the the various casino departments. We also audit to ensure compliance with the Missouri Gaming Commision. The hardest part of the job is adjusting to the everchanging workload placed in front of you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ameristar. Our community is ready to answer.