Ameristar Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for!
Casino (Current Employee), Council Bluffs, IAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Parking, PTO, Health Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement, Team Member Recognition
I enjoy coming coming to work everyday. I started part time and it quickly grew into full time and a career with outstanding benefits and family like atmosphere to be in. There is so much opportunity here at Ameristar. If you do a great job you will be recognized and the advancement opportunities are there for you to decide what career path you want if that's what your interested in. This is a company that appreciates you and your voice will be heard if you have something to say, with an always open door policy. You can share your ideas with leadership at all levels.
very productive
Pipe Insulator (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 10, 2015
Pros: good breaks
Cons: strick rules on work area
communication, ontime management and high expectations. Enjoy working with a group of people thats there for the same reasons.;
Employee oriented
BEVERAGE SERVER (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 25, 2015
Pros: 2.50 lunches, full-time benefits
Cons: Cocktail servers outfits and requirements
I can't speak for other positions there, but my position was definitely not worth 4.50 and hour, they work with you on what sections you want to be in but the outfits were way too tight and revealing and requirements of the job were way too high for the hourly pay.
Fun place to work
Dealer (Current Employee), Vicksburg, MSJune 27, 2015
Pros: Great interaction with guests
Cons: Bad ventialtion on floor
Worked Evening Shift on the casino floor dealing various games, management was very competent in supervising the floor. Co-workers were helpful to aculeate myself to the floor.
Title Abstractor
abstractor (Former Employee), Southlake, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: easy and fun
Cons: medical was high
got documents for lawyers on real estate and commercial properties
Deeds, mortgage, assignments, liens, judgments, etc.
This was a hub for frieght
Supervisor/My Choice Booth-Customer Service (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 28, 2015
This was a great job. I learned a lot about freight and how to manage it. Plus working in the office was very beneficial to me.
faced paced job, with patient people.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), houston, txApril 16, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: only 1 day off
My typical day at work would start by opening the office at 8:15 a.m, the very first thing i would do is clock in, and print out my phone route. as my phone route was printing i would post the over night drop payments. I would call all the customers that were past due and their references until lunch time. I would take phone loan applications and process and approve or deny them. Some afternoons i would do some outside collections field work. Towards the end of the day i would count my cash and clock out at 5:30
so much to learn
Internship (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 3, 2015
dynamic place to work with lots to learn ,work week can get stressful with deadlines moving fast. career building opprtunities
Learned alot of my Supervisor and Management skills.
Collection Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa, FlaJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: salary plus bonus
Cons: healthcare
Collection Supervisor
Supervised a department of 12-15 collectors, handled problem calls, did field calls at customers homes/employment,
coached/mentored collectors / pulled daily numbers for department/ handled all phases of collections from 1 day past to grave, including skip tracing , court mediation's, charge offs and repossessions. Worked closely with collection manager.
Revenue Audit Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 18, 2014
We are responsible for the financial report of the the various casino departments. We also audit to ensure compliance with the Missouri Gaming Commision. The hardest part of the job is adjusting to the everchanging workload placed in front of you.
VERY FUN ATMOSPHERE TO WORK IN
CASHIER/MAINBANKER (Former Employee), Vicksburg, MSAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free lunc
Cons: hours to work may change at anytime
I DONT HAVE ANY BAD TO SAY FOR I ENJOYED WORKING AT THIS BUSINESS
fun, parking, and running
Full-time Valet Attendant (Former Employee), St. Charles, MoMay 26, 2014
Pros: long paid breaks, health insurance and 401k
Cons: no cons
Parking cars, and showing superior customer service
customer service skills
Manage an overnight crew consist of two guys
co-workers were so fun to work with
nothing hard about the job
working within a team is the most enjoyable part
Good music & fun people.
Cocktail Waitress (Current Employee), Council Bluffs, IAApril 10, 2014
Pros: 2.00 dinners. great staff.
Cons: short breaks.
A typical day at Ameristar would be talking to hundreds of guest some regular some new. Handing out drinks & cleaning up glasses. Our management is really great, the benefits are amazing.
A fun environment if you're old enough to enjoy it
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee), Blackhawk, ColoradoJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: managers and co-workers are like family, experience gained
Cons: long drive, low income, no incentives, low chance of promotion
A typical day at Ameristar starts with opening the cash drawer, setting up the beer stand, positioning the ropes (for the line) and making sure you have everything you need to perform the duties of a cashier. The management is very unorganized and don't seem to agree on all the aspects of the way the restaurant is ran. Co-workers bring too much of their personal lives to work which makes it a very stressful job. The hardest part of the job is making sure your cash drawer is right on the dot and handing out tips to the servers. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the crazy things that happen and when we are extremely busy the servers, bussers and hostess' all come together and help each other out.
It was just a job it felt like.
Client Services Representative (Former Employee), Southlake, TXNovember 14, 2013
Was no room for growth at this company they didn't really show that your hard work was appreciated.
Fast pace and exciting
Main Banker (Former Employee), Jackpot, NvAugust 26, 2013
Pros: great career and company to work for.
Cons: lack of family time.
I enjoyed the people I worked with, the guest I came in contact with. I learned about casino banking and regulations. Management was helpful and supportive. The hardest part was no family time.
Didn't know what I was getting myself into
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Southlake, TXMay 22, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: too far, poor management, no room for advancement.
Ameristar was my first office job, which I was really excited about but I did not have a grasp of what was really going on. I had my interview on a Tuesday morning and was hired on the spot and started working that same morning. It was started off well, I was doing data clerk type of work and shortly after that, I started to research information.

After we moved from downtown Dallas to Southlake, that's when everything started to change. And that's when I realized there was no room for advancement on my end. After months of trying to take on other responsibilities, I decided that I had to move on.

Management was poor, all of management were friends or relatives. If I received positive or negative feedback from my supervisor, it was broadcasted throughout the office and the rest of management would be in the know.
Fast paced environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hermiston, ORMay 19, 2013
Pros: being able to see many of my favorite customers every day
Cons: laziness of employees, favoritism of management, lack of respect from some
At times working was hard. It was a fast paced business with very little advancement opportunity. I believe that management could have been better. I enjoyed working with some of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with the laziness of some of the employees. However, I enjoyed seeing many of my returning customers and being able to help them in any way that I could.
Overall
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Black Hawk, COApril 16, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: certain managers and questionable work practices
I would recommend this company now over when I worked there. There were several managers employeed who made this place not a good place to work there. However, there were plenty of managers that made this place a great place to work.
Nothing fun about it It's a Man's job
Temp Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2013
Pros: your a truck driver your going new places each day
Cons: working here you have to be in the click
Over all I rate this company 80 out of 100 it's not good and it's not bad but good thing they only have 20 points to strive for a 100.