Ameristar Employee Reviews

Job
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAOctober 3, 2017
Fun job for the time. A lot of abuse from guests and upper management. Poorly managed. Smoke filled property where guests would blow smoke into your face and swear at you.
Putting things up
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 3, 2017
I was putting thing up on the line. Every time something comes to the line I had to put it up . Then had to sort the items out and wrap them up and scan them .
Good job.
Cook (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INSeptember 23, 2017
A solid casino to work at compared to the others around the area. I was recently employee of the month. People who have worked there alot longer than me have never received this award.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Advancement criteria is inconsistent.
Very fast paced and kinda hot but overall worth it every thursday
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 14, 2017
Pretty awesome place to work just some hard work. I would recommend anyone that wants to work to Ameristar. H.R. is amazing and will take very good Care of you
Ameristar
loading and unloading ,Packaging and inventory (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 30, 2017
The hardest part we come there at 7am and will not take a lunch until 12 10 hour shift which is not bad the most enjoyable part is I can say is the Christmas party ,the bonuses , the overtime the pay wasn't all that great managers stand over Ameristar was just all work no play
Pros
Coffee
Cons
No breaks
Recommended
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOAugust 17, 2017
Good Company, great place to work. Most of the managers care about you and want you to move up. It's a great place to get into different types of jobs and see what our best fit is.
Pros
Free Lunches
yes the people are real cool to be around
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 11, 2017
its a grate place to work.the people there are cool in nice to you when you start working.your bosses are cool if you need help they are willing to help
Pros
the people u work with is cool to be around
Cons
long breaks, a good place to work
Hotel Operation Team Lead
Lead Hotel Operations (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 26, 2017
Great opportunity to grow in communication with other departments, company works with hard in employee support and activities. Helping to grow in customer service, and service recoveries. They have great benefits
Pros
Learning to grow, working with other departments, customer service with unlimited guests, benefits
Cons
Not really I can think of
Professional, quick pace workplace with the opportunity for advancement.
Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INMay 26, 2017
Ameristar was home to me for the better part of 10 years. There was nothing typical about a day at Ameristar. The basic job functions relatively remained the same, however, every day was different. Some days harder than others of course but most days enjoyable. After mastering my primary job, I had the opportunity to learn new jobs. And if I ever thought I had it all figured out the guest would surely prove me wrong. Whether it was a simple request or just an angry complaint, the guest turned this kid who did not particularly like dealing with front of the house issues, to a professional who jumps at the chance to speak, lesson, and make the guest feel validated when we interact.

As an employee, I always thought management could improve in communication. As management, I thought we could improve in communication. I believe communication is a struggle with most major companies, it is also the most important. Any thoughts or idea for improvement in communication within the company should never be overlooked. Everyone within the company is responsible for this.

Besides saying goodbye, the hardest part of the job was the employee’s, coworkers, management, the guest. At one time or another they all made it hard. Although, more times than not, each one of them made it the most enjoyable part. Thank you Ameristar.
Pros
Free meals, good benefits, and work was close to home.
Cons
Did not always get a break, Parking wasn’t the best.
Productive, fun and fair
Concession Worker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2017
They work around your schedule, pay well and it's a very productive environment. The people are nice and they have really good benefits for full time workers
Fast Paced
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 16, 2017
This company is great and there is opportunity to move up. I've had a great experience working here and recommend anyone that likes hard work to apply.
Fun place to work though very difficult to have a family
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORMay 8, 2017
Although this business is a good one to work for, it is very difficult to have a family while working here. They are always busy and sometimes need to cover shifts.
Great work place
Fence Builder (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 27, 2017
Decent pay good hours nice crew great staff boss was understanding. Good job for someone who like to work and stay busy. Be on time great overtime hours
Awesome Co-Workers, Decent Pay
Junior Examiner (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 27, 2017
Was laid off after a company wide meeting about cutting back on work and NOT laying anyone off. Guess my supervisor skipped that meeting. Also, had to clock out for every little break and was required to work a minimum of 45 hours a week. As a working mom who was also pumping/breastfeeding that made pumping at work ever 2-3 hours very stressful. They also rarely commend good work and only point out mistakes.
Pros
Very Cool Co-Workers
fun place to work
COOK (Former Employee) –  Colorado, USAMarch 21, 2017
hotel casino, my favorite workplace was star club VIP customers because am prepare the food for the VIP guests and I can talk with them, the people in the kitchen there are really nice, there make a funny day
Pros
break and lunch time
Cons
long hours and heavy work
good place to work with some details
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  blackhawk, coloradoMarch 14, 2017
the job its no to hard, its easy to learn how to do de dishes and take care of the food.
I learn how to work under pressure and holidays its the worst days but its fun to keep u busy.
te management need to be fixed because they have a lot of chefs for every restaurant, and usually they give u different instruction for how to make your meals so its kind of confuse
Pros
cheap meals, overtime, discounts
Cons
no public transportation to work place
Poorly Managed
Table Games dealer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64161January 18, 2017
Scheduling is horrible, you can expect to work well past your scheduled out time. Turnover is constant due to the the lousy work conditions and treatment of team members.
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Zillah, WAJanuary 10, 2017
Awesome staff to work with everyone talks to you and shows you what to do. If you have questions they will answer all of them.
It was a good place to work
Coaching partner (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOOctober 30, 2016
It is a good company to work for, the culture is great, and the team s very friendly. Good place to learn things, and inhance work skills.
Was working under 21 so...
Busser (Former Employee) –  Black Hawk, COAugust 14, 2016
I was working at the casino under the age of 21 so I will admit I was bored after work and living so far away from the job made things difficult. the co workers were not bad but the management was shaky.
Pros
nice views
Cons
long commute