Ameristar

Ameristar Employer Reviews

Good music & fun people.
Cocktail Waitress (Current Employee), Council Bluffs, IAApril 10, 2014
Pros: 2.00 dinners. great staff.
Cons: short breaks.
A typical day at Ameristar would be talking to hundreds of guest some regular some new. Handing out drinks & cleaning up glasses. Our management is really great, the benefits are amazing.
A fun environment if you're old enough to enjoy it
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee), Blackhawk, ColoradoJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: managers and co-workers are like family, experience gained
Cons: long drive, low income, no incentives, low chance of promotion
A typical day at Ameristar starts with opening the cash drawer, setting up the beer stand, positioning the ropes (for the line) and making sure you have everything you need to perform the duties of a cashier. The management is very unorganized and don't seem to agree on all the aspects of the way the restaurant is ran. Co-workers bring too much of their – more... personal lives to work which makes it a very stressful job. The hardest part of the job is making sure your cash drawer is right on the dot and handing out tips to the servers. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the crazy things that happen and when we are extremely busy the servers, bussers and hostess' all come together and help each other out. – less
It was just a job it felt like.
Client Services Representative (Former Employee), Southlake, TXNovember 14, 2013
Was no room for growth at this company they didn't really show that your hard work was appreciated.
Fast pace and exciting
Main Banker (Former Employee), Jackpot, NvAugust 26, 2013
Pros: great career and company to work for.
Cons: lack of family time.
I enjoyed the people I worked with, the guest I came in contact with. I learned about casino banking and regulations. Management was helpful and supportive. The hardest part was no family time.
Didn't know what I was getting myself into
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Southlake, TXMay 22, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: too far, poor management, no room for advancement.
Ameristar was my first office job, which I was really excited about but I did not have a grasp of what was really going on. I had my interview on a Tuesday morning and was hired on the spot and started working that same morning. It was started off well, I was doing data clerk type of work and shortly after that, I started to research information.

After – more... we moved from downtown Dallas to Southlake, that's when everything started to change. And that's when I realized there was no room for advancement on my end. After months of trying to take on other responsibilities, I decided that I had to move on.

Management was poor, all of management were friends or relatives. If I received positive or negative feedback from my supervisor, it was broadcasted throughout the office and the rest of management would be in the know. – less
Fast paced environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hermiston, ORMay 19, 2013
Pros: being able to see many of my favorite customers every day
Cons: laziness of employees, favoritism of management, lack of respect from some
At times working was hard. It was a fast paced business with very little advancement opportunity. I believe that management could have been better. I enjoyed working with some of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with the laziness of some of the employees. However, I enjoyed seeing many of my returning customers and being – more... able to help them in any way that I could. – less
Overall
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Black Hawk, COApril 16, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: certain managers and questionable work practices
I would recommend this company now over when I worked there. There were several managers employeed who made this place not a good place to work there. However, there were plenty of managers that made this place a great place to work.
Nothing fun about it It's a Man's job
Temp Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2013
Pros: your a truck driver your going new places each day
Cons: working here you have to be in the click
Over all I rate this company 80 out of 100 it's not good and it's not bad but good thing they only have 20 points to strive for a 100.
people
Cashier/Slot Attendant (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAFebruary 19, 2013
the people that can to play was the best they just love to have fun and
fun and hard work
Kitchen Steward (Former Employee), Black Hawk, CODecember 18, 2012
hard work, fast paced, good management, and fun co-workers
Paperwork
Data Entry (Former Employee), Colleyville, TXNovember 13, 2012
I didn't get to do what they hired me to do. I got demoted twice. A whole day of data entry is irritating. The co-workers were mostly miserable but some made lemonade out of lemons and those were the people that made some days enjoyable.
High Energy Lots of Money
Sales and Operations (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2012
Pros: easy money
Cons: paid weekly
Fun atmosphere good people good work ethic like myself. Alot of money to be made.
productive and fun place to work
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOOctober 22, 2012
Pros: they cook lunch for you there and paid breaks
Cons: working overnight when your body is used to sleeping at night
Typical day at work was good. Everybody showed up and got there work done on time. Management was great and would help in areas that was needed. The hardest part was staying woke because it was a night shift. Best part was lunch because u could get almost anything you wanted.
A great learning experience in Corporate America
Associate Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAOctober 8, 2012
Pros: salary and challenges of position
I enjoyed the constant challenges of staying under budget while providing quality customer care. I also enjoyed working with hundreds of different people in all the different departments.
Great work place
Room service Bakery attendant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 30, 2012
Pros: knowing other departments/ venues
Cons: some management
Learned and liked to work independently. A typical day at work involves me cleaning and making sure everything is put well into place. Never found a bug while i was working not even a fly.
I did my best to make sure the guest were kept smiling as i interacted with them.
Ameristar Casino Resort and Spa St.Charles
Server (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 25, 2012
Pros: the awesome staff, tips and paycheck
Cons: the late late nights closing.
This job was very exciting and awesome; from the uniform, customers, co-workers and the live scene every night. Every week there would be exclusive Casino events that aplified the flow of business even more. A typical day at the 47 Port St Steakhouse would start will initial setup. Tables being wiped down, glasses being polished and silver wear too. – more... Linens being folded and a quick team review of the special entree of the day. During my time with them I learned a lot about formalities, foods, wines, beers, and the life of a server. I learn most of all quality and efficiency over speed. Management was awesome and good at reading my potential. Very fair and enthusiastic. My co-workers were very unique in there own way but for the most part an awesome group of dedicated people. Even if we had issues we waiting until down time or the end of the shift to resolve them. It would be water under the bridge. It was quite hard in the beginning for me not knowing anything about being a bus boy, server, host, or food runner. But overall I managed to be one of the best bus boys in the Steakhouse. Host the door, bar-back for the bar, ran food and served guest. I made team member of the month in 2007 December. The most enjoyable part of the job was catering to the customers and putting a smile on their face for the memorable experience the had. – less
easy going not alot of movemen ivolved
dish washer (Former Employee), COAugust 7, 2012
Pros: easy washing dishes
Cons: washing dished with double laztex gloves, standing to long
a typical day is washing dishes from the restraunts.Co-workers were nice the hardest part of this job would have to be standing for a long time
a typical day at work
Vendor Services Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 20, 2012
Pros: 8 to 5 job
Cons: managment
racial bi-ism at this place .. and nothing but liars and hypocrites .. and didnt even do a back round check or a drug test .. only brown nosier keep they're job
Would not recommend
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Black Hawk, COMay 20, 2012
Unprofessional at best. Not worth the drive. Common work ethics are not practiced. Conversations are not appropriate and this includes the management team. They care more about you being one minute late than people wasting hours of time on Facebook. Most of the management mean well but lack knowledge in how to set a good example or how to motivate their – more... employees. I would suggest more training from HR and tuition reimbursement. Attendance is an issue because employees lack dedication. I think if they paid more they could also get a better choice of quality employees. – less
Assistant
Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2012
I really loved my job but I had to resign because of my schooling...