Ameritas Employee Reviews

Federal Fundung for training
Administration relations (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 11, 2017
These people get money to train employees and then cut several people so they can pocket the money. I was there for a week and a half through a temp a
Pros
Gym
Cons
Crabby trainers
Fast paced
Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Answered calls from dental offices, insured patients, look up policy advised what was available and when cleaning etc, could be made, processed claim forms between and during calls
Pros
Paid Time off, catered lunch
Cons
Short Breaks, calls could be overwhelming
Nice People
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 7, 2017
Ameritas is not a face paced environment, but the people are amazing and caring. It has helped me to stay as long as I have. The company truly cares about its employees. It is evident in how they treat people.
Call Center Training Substandard-Want Warm Bodies in Seats
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fallbrook Office Lincoln, NESeptember 6, 2017
It was a terrible job for someone with a disability. The training was horrible and quick-more than half the class failed after training which says a lot. Many things missed and not explained thoroughly. I had to quit because their expectations were too much for a normal person to handle. Not APA nor HIPAA friendly. You were berated constantly to the point people left including me. I had to report the trainers to the Corporate office and stated they broke HIPAA laws (even though they enforce them with other clients, just not their own people) regarding my disability. I know I could do the job with adequate training. The trainers were constantly angry and they would call you "kiddo" even if I was 47 years old. Being in government for 15 years, the trainers blamed everyone for not succeeding instead of themselves. It was just not a friendly place. The ONLY thing enjoyable about the job was the friends you would make there. I was embarrassed many times because of stupid mistakes the trainers made. They just wanted warm bodies in seats. I overheard the call center was at 40% capacity. Not my issue. However, I'm going to contact APA and I'm going to contact the BBB in regards to this company.
Pros
The friends you can make
Cons
Just about everything
Very poor work environment, epitome of micromanagement and NO autonomy.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 28, 2017
Very poor work environment, epitome of micromanagement and NO autonomy. In my entire working career, I have never been treated so poorly as I was treated by manager at Ameritas.
Ameritas
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 18, 2017
Customer Service Representative: inbound calls regarding customers coverage for vision, hearing, and dental. Processing claims for said coverage. Advising providers of the coverage a customer is eligible for. The hardest part of my job consisted of older customers that were taken advantage by outside companies, and having to advise them their coverage wouldn't help them very much. The best part of my job was centered around the hardest part, I would advise older customers how they could attain coverage that would truly help them. Keeping a level head in every situation is the best way to get through the day. Management was very focused on the customers and seemed to neglect employees.
Fun
Provider Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NEMay 13, 2017
Fun place to work, I really enjoyed working for such a great company. They are involved in the community and have opportunity there for advancement. Great.
Epitome of a top down structured company stuck in the past
PBS (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 4, 2017
I worked for this company for 4 years and the problems I noticed that were there day one were still there when I left. The benefits were one of the main reasons I took the job bc they're supposed to be some of the best in the industry (or something), but they have started to chip away at those as well. If you don't work in a department that doesn't directly attribute to the bottom line you're considered a second class citizen to the senior mgmt and execs. I hope to never work for another company that lies and cheats it's employees however they can.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
The people in charge
Would not recommend
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NEMarch 14, 2017
They lie at the beginning to get you to work there by saying they will work around your personal life if you need a day off for a wedding or the like. Total lie if something comes up they won't help at all and penalize you for it instead of trying to help you with it even if it's months in advance like a wedding. Sr HR manager also lies directly to you about believing in hiring from within as was passed over multiple times for advancement and was to do a job shadow but when they cancelled it on me after I had travelled to the home office I never heard from them again. Horrible place to work as they expect you to do so much for the little amount they pay you.
Pros
Cons
Hr staff, management, force overtime on days off
Would never recommend it to anyone!
Accounting Assistant II - Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 2, 2017
I guess I could never recommend anyone working their, unless you like to be over worked and unappreciated! It seems like the culture was people with the stronger work ethics got basically beat with a bat! You were expected to work harder and do more than others that were considered equals. You do more, more mistakes happen, the management didn't see that and when you would try to bring it to their attention it was turned around to make you look bad. The people that basically did nothing all day were, well, perfect! Management would cause scenes and make big deals about nothing! They brought their personal lives to work and you'd have to see how your boss was first thing in the morning to know how your day was going to be. It was basically a living nightmare! It was harder to move out of a dept and was easier to just leave the place and be more appreciated elsewhere! I didn't get paid enough to do everyone's job and pick up people's slack!
Pros
Over priced food served
Cons
Pretty much everything!
Great history
HR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 25, 2017
Has a great tradition of treating their associates well, however lately management has decided that those qualities are not as important. They have taken away certain privileges leaving the associates to feel that the organisation no longer trusts them.
Boring and disconnected
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 11, 2016
I took a position here as the job description was exactly what I had been tasked with at my previous employer. After 3 months of what was supposed to be assisting 5 senior officers, all I had done was schedule some meetings. My skills and experience were completely underutilized. Boredom is an understatement. The salary did not commensurate with my experience and unfortunately for such a large company in financial services, the benefits are next to none. This company is fixated on titles for every position and there are meetings to discuss meetings about other meetings...The company executives don't interact with lower level employees. I held on for as long as I did because of some great co-workers that shared the same feelings about their positions.
Pros
Onsite cafeteria, rewards programs
Cons
Not family/life friendly, ridiculous amount of time consuming meetings, poor benefits
Ameritas
Image Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 24, 2016
It's a great company with benefits but does not provide opportunity for employment and financially it doesn't work for my life.
Pros
30 min lunch, 20 min break
Cons
No opportunity for advancement and financially doesn't work
Poor Management
Former Associate (Former Employee) –  NebraskaFebruary 17, 2016
Lack of communication. Too many management layers. Deceitful practices. Upper management doesn't listen to associates. Very unproductive environment. Very toxic relations between associates and managers. No training program for new associates. If you like to gossip and bad mouth others, this is the place for you.
Benefits
Excellent Company
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 3, 2016
Company provides a comfortable working environment and many perks which enhance moral. I enjoy the culture at Ameritas however I have found that opportunities for professional growth are limited.
Used to be a great place to work but has gone downhill.
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Lincoln NESeptember 12, 2015
To much time wasted doing meetings, performance review, team building. Micro management, too many management layers. Inadequate training. Deceitful practices.
Assist customers and dental offices with dental/vision insurance information
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NEFebruary 5, 2015
Difficult job made much more complicated by management who doesn't know how to retain good employees. You answer back to back phone calls during the day and process claims if there is any down time. Your day is micromanaged to the minute. The benefits are great but the pay and advancement is horrible.
Its a great
PROVIDER BENEFITS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NEOctober 22, 2014
I liked this job because I able to talk and help different customers with the claims.
Productive; flexible workplace
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 14, 2014
An overall nice place to work made up of excellent employees; also consisting of an "aging culture" in need of change from the top down in order to have the buy-in from leadership for the advancements needed to remain competitive in the insurance and annuities marketplace.
Ameritas Corporation
SVP & Chief Marketing Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 5, 2014
Ameritas Corporation, a national insurance and wealth management company, with over $30 billion in client assets under management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ameritas. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7